• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

venne

Picked one up for my wife.

If it was me, I'd go for the red or yellow. The quality of the finish is excellent. This isn't your run of the mill cheapo glossy plastic.

Thing is built like a tank; love it. The screen is terrific. I wish there was an easier way to migrate to a new Windows Phone device.

Sorry the lighting is poor on this image. Even the small text is razor sharp.

Looks like I might be in luck for the black one at a best buy after work. There is no demand here and theres even less shipped in my area. There is literally no colors available other than black.for people that picked up at bby, were there any good accessories there? And does it come with the charge pad off the bat?

kharma45

Picked one up for my wife.

If it was me, I'd go for the red or yellow. The quality of the finish is excellent. This isn't your run of the mill cheapo glossy plastic.

Thing is built like a tank; love it. The screen is terrific. I wish there was an easier way to migrate to a new Windows Phone device.

Sorry the lighting is poor on this image. Even the small text is razor sharp.

tumblr_m2a5k25fzu1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

venne

BTW, AT&T is mailing the charger. They didn't have any in the store.

I got there when it opened. Four other people came as well and all bought 920s. :)

What's the story on previously purchased applications? Do I just tap buy and it downloads it again for free or is there some hoop I need to jump through?

Raistlin

Do you think that turning off the LTE when using the phone on straight talk would increase the battery life?
Should.

It definitely helped on the 900, though this is a different (more efficient) SoC, so the difference may not be as much.

Since you can't get LTE, I'd definitely recommend turning it off though.

Raistlin

BTW, AT&T is mailing the charger. They didn't have any in the store.

I got there when it opened. Four other people came as well and all bought 920s. :)

What's the story on previously purchased applications? Do I just tap buy and it downloads it again for free or is there some hoop I need to jump through?
As long as you're using the same account, then this will work.

A faster option is to use http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

Though note that if you try to download an app you aren't eligible for (carrier or OEM specific app) ... it will error out and not let you download (unless they made a better error message).

I told you people the glossy was good. No one believed me...

EDIT: Still prefer matte, but it's not a 'sale-killer' by any means like most cheapo glossies.

kms_md

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Red sold out everywhere. Had to order it. Hopefully 3-5 business days :(

After playing around with it in the store though, I settled on Red. The gloss finish is beautiful, and the red design went well with so many tile themes (white background was hot too). The Matte finish is really nice too, but the red just won me over.

As for the phone itself, playing around with it, the build quality is phenomenal, the screen is a beauty too and very resistant to thumbprints compared to my current phone.

picked up a red one. The first store I went to had the phone. I walked in told an associate I wanted a red one. They only had one in stock so he went and grabbed it from the back and set aside and had me sign in to the queue. While I was waiting to be checked out, they sold my phone to someone else. WTF!?! :mad:

The manager was able to hold another one for me at a store 40 minutes away - I drove there to pick it up. My charger will be mailed to me.

I will try to post pics later.

UraMallas

The cyan is in my hands! (I need both hands to carry it.) Can't take and upload pictures until tomorrow but, since I post from my Droid 2 to NeoGaf, the next post I make will be from the Lumia. Going dark. See you on the other side!

I picked it up. Should be here next week. This is my first foray into a non iOS world. So if I don't like it, I have 14 days to get an iPhone 5. Seems worth it.

NeOak

Still messing around with my 920 and downloading everything over LTE.

Its so smooth compared to my Dell Venue Pro... :')

Easy_D

never left the stone age
This phone takes forever charging though, even with the 1.3A adapter it comes with.

It has a huge battery though. I read someone used it normally (games, apps and whatnot) with 4G turned off, but after 24 hours he claims he had about 43% battery left.

My current Xperia Arc has like, 20% left after 3/4ths of the day :x. This is while running ICS though.

Man this phones screen looks incredible in pictures and videos, can't wait to actually see it in motion for myself. And someone needs to shoot a 60fps video comparison, need to see that refresh rate man.

NeOak

Man this phones screen looks incredible in pictures and videos, can't wait to actually see it in motion for myself. And someone needs to shoot a 60fps video comparison, need to see that refresh rate man.

My friend's Galaxy Note with ICS looks like a PowerPoint presentation compared to my 920.

derFeef

I hate you guys, and Nokia for not delivering the goods here where I live.
edit: Also considering the white 920 now, my white 800 is still nice.

This is the first time I've ever used AT&T 4G and fucking shit. It's blazing fast compared to Tmobile. Are any of the default AT&T apps worth a shit? Or should I just uninstall them all?

JuanMR2

They match nicely. Bad quality picture taken with my old phone (Palm Pre).

CIMG0014(resize).jpg

edit - black wireless charger was delivered today along with the phone. I wasn't prompted with the option to add the charger and there was no tracking info for the charger.

Top Bottom