• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

They match nicely. Bad quality picture taken with my old phone (Palm Pre).

CIMG0014(resize).jpg

edit - black wireless charger was delivered today along with the phone. I wasn't prompted with the option to add the charger and there was no tracking info for the charger.

That looks awesome.

Raistlin

This is the first time I've ever used AT&T 4G and fucking shit. It's blazing fast compared to Tmobile. Are any of the default AT&T apps worth a shit? Or should I just uninstall them all?

Until AT&T supports Data Sense (if they ever do) ... I suppose the myAT&T app might be worth it to look up data usage.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/29/3572048/microsoft-data-sense-windows-phone-8-announced

Other than that, maybe Slacker Radio. I can't recall if their version is different/better than the normal one?

Does FedEx deliver on weekends?

Shitty thing is, I thought I would get my phone by today, so I had it delivered to my work address. We're closed on the weekends...it would suck if they try to deliver it tomorrow :(

TylerD

Came home to work the rest of the day. No time to get it all setup or take pics right now but it is a beautiful blue beast and feels extremely well built and solid.

Holy shit it is heavy!

Does FedEx deliver on weekends?

Shitty thing is, I thought I would get my phone by today, so I had it delivered to my work address. We're closed on the weekends...it would suck if they try to deliver it tomorrow :(

That sucks. They do Saturday delivery. Go to the FedEx web site, enter tracking and have them hold it at a FedEx location near you....if it's not out for delivery already.

That sucks. They do Saturday delivery. Go to the FedEx web site, enter tracking and have them hold it at a FedEx location near you....if it's not out for delivery already.

Ah, good call, thanks. Now I just have to wait for them to ship it, or at least give me the shipping number :-|

TwIsTeD

So it was a fantastic experience until I did something that most of us don't do anymore...make a call on the thing...i don't hate it but that's where the "weight" issue comes up for me

Bullza2o

mjOup.jpg

Apparently my order automatically came with the wireless charger despite the receipt not even mentioning it. This is awesome!

alphaNoid

Banned
God, I'm so close to ordering a 920 over an 8X but the weight bothers me :/ I figure a Lumia 1000 will come out in 8 months and weight like 130g and I'll be pissed.

Frost_Ace

They match nicely. Bad quality picture taken with my old phone (Palm Pre).

CIMG0014(resize).jpg

edit - black wireless charger was delivered today along with the phone. I wasn't prompted with the option to add the charger and there was no tracking info for the charger.

I CAME.

Totakeke

God, I'm so close to ordering a 920 over an 8X but the weight bothers me :/ I figure a Lumia 1000 will come out in 8 months and weight like 130g and I'll be pissed.

They did not have the weight where it is for no reason. If you want less functionality then maybe.

Commodore

I swear I haven't ordered anything outside of Amazon in years, and being used to how boss Amazon's Prime experience is, so ordering from AT&T and having to wait 24 hours for anything to update is liking falling back into the dark ages of the internet. They shipped it late last night via USPS, and I still can't access the tracking number with info on USPS's website. Not being able to track its progress getting here blows.

Gonna catch SKYFALL tonight, get my mind off it. Damn you all and your 920s in your damn hands right now.

so jelly right now

IceCold

The phone looks awesome. I have a Samsung Focus and I like the OS a lot. But the only thing I have about Windows phones is that we have to use the Zune software to put media. I hate it. It's one of the worst softwares I've ever used.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The phone looks awesome. I have a Samsung Focus and I like the OS a lot. But the only thing I have about Windows phones is that we have to use the Zune software to put media. I hate it. It's one of the worst softwares I've ever used.

The new software is magically worse, believe it or not. I'm not kidding. It may be the worst piece of shit I've ever used. Motherfucker doesn't even sync.

You'll be a happier man if you load your files straight from Window's file explorer.

Liberty4all

Banned
It's awesome how much love this phone is getting. I'm 2 and a half years into my contract with robbers (rogers) ... I'm hoping retention will cut me some slack and let me upgrade from my iphone 4. Not hopeful though.

Milchjon

It's awesome how much love this phone is getting. I'm 2 and a half years into my contract with robbers (rogers) ... I'm hoping retention will cut me some slack and let me upgrade from my iphone 4. Not hopeful though.

That's because most people haven't received their's yet :p

IceCold

The new software is magically worse, believe it or not. I'm not kidding. It may be the worst piece of shit I've ever used. Motherfucker doesn't even sync.

You'll be a happier man if you load your files straight from Window's file explorer.

You can do that? Because I literally hate everything about that software. It would save me a lot of headaches if you could.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
You can do that? Because I literally hate everything about that software. It would save me a lot of headaches if you could.

WP8 allows for USB mass storage. Just copy and paste your files like you'd do with an external drive. The Windows Phone software is astoundingly bad. Like, unbelievably so.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Btw, my AT&T was sold out of Lumias, luckily they had a Cyan one left.

Top Bottom