• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

NeOak

I woke up today and checked social networks and news sites on this phone. Its so nice to read and its smooth compared to my Dell Venue Pro.

I really love this phone, even without a hardware keyboard.

UraMallas

Some images of the phone and the charger taken from my shitty - and retired - Droid 2. I have medium-sized hands, FYI:

kUL2x.jpg
W7b9k.jpg

ILRo1.jpg
GWNis.jpg

kXAXO.jpg

oQXAE.jpg
XFrxV.jpg

PziEm.jpg
mp97m.jpg

nT3xV.jpg

Well my 920 seems to be defective. It freezes in apps. It has happened 4 times now. Different apps. Anyone else experiencing this?

Did you get updated to a LTE data plan? You need to be on an LTE data plan to get visual voicemail on the 920.

Dial in to your voicemail and exit out. When I did that, my phone setup visual voicemail for me and it's working fine.

That did it. Thanks. Only people that still leave me voicemail is my work but its really nice to have.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Dammit, I'm so incredibly jealous of you guys who have this phone :(. How come none of y'all have the yellow sexy edition though?

Roko

Is the black 920 Matte or gloss?

Matte. Just bought a black one this morning at an AT&T store. They only had the black and white ones in stock but had a red one on demo. I went in expecting to get the red but the black won me over.

No wireless charger, though. I have to go back next week to pick it up.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
No, because they have better taste and recognized the simple, objective superiority of Cyan and Red.

True, but I didn't realize how much better the Cyan looks until I got my hands on it. The primary reason I didn't get the yellow one was because no store had it.

The only store in Houston with red in stock refused to exchange my phone because they said it doesn't officially release until tomorrow. What. The. Fuck.

jaypah

Dammit, I'm so incredibly jealous of you guys who have this phone :(. How come none of y'all have the yellow sexy edition though?

Because the fire-hydrant yellow doesn't ship until Monday. The elite travel alone. Also, my fiance called them up and they said that since we were getting the phones after everyone else they waived the 36 dollar fee for both phones. #SWAG.

SeanR1221

Maybe I had different expectations but the battery isn't that great. I've been using it on and off for 6 hours and I'm down to 25% battery.

Maybe I've been using it more than I thought. I wish there was a way to see how much I've actually used it in the past 6 hours.

I have keyboard sounds off and email push off.

Maybe I had different expectations but the battery isn't that great. I've been using it on and off for 6 hours and I'm down to 25% battery.

Maybe I've been using it more than I thought. I wish there was a way to see how much I've actually used it in the past 6 hours.

I have keyboard sounds off and email push off.
I used it for like 8 hours yesterday pretty often (new tech obsession) and when I went to bed I had 43%.

Raistlin

something is wrong then. I have messenger off too. What's your set up like? I'm down to 16%, battery saver kicked in at 20%
you may want to let it drain all the way and then do a full charge.

I've had devices act a little screwy on the first run in the past.

maeh2k

something is wrong then. I have messenger off too. What's your set up like? I'm down to 16%, battery saver kicked in at 20%

Maybe give it a couple of cycles. Drain the battery till it shuts off and then charge till it's full. Might be in issue with how full the battery thinks it is.

Edit: damn you, Raistlin! :)

SeanR1221

Check and see how many background tasks you have running. What is brightness set at as well?

Brightness at auto,keyboard sounds off, emails set to manual, NFC off, blue tooth and WiFi on, screen goes off after 1 min.

live tile apps: kik, me, weather, people, my fiance, a friends group, Xbox live

Commodore

you may want to let it drain all the way and then do a full charge.

I've had devices act a little screwy on the first run in the past.

Ditto. Your first run through a battery will teach the battery where its limits are. Judge it after a week of use.

Commodore

It works just like Sound Hound and Shazam? I'll have to try it, thanks.

Edit: Well, how about that. Nice. Deleting the Sound Hound program.

There are lots of little things you're used to by using specific apps for things, that are integrated in the OS that honestly work better. For instance the People Hub for reading your facebook feed. Took me a while to use that instead of opening up the facebook app but I quickly realized how much easier it was to read it using the Hub.

SeanR1221

Ditto. Your first run through a battery will teach the battery where its limits are. Judge it after a week of use.

Ok, lets hope that sorts things out. Hope its not faulty, but it sounds like you guys are getting way better times than me so its not like they all have crap batteries.

edit should I let it die out the first few times or just this once?

kharma45

There are lots of little things you're used to by using specific apps for things, that are integrated in the OS that honestly work better. For instance the People Hub for reading your facebook feed. Took me a while to use that instead of opening up the facebook app but I quickly realized how much easier it was to read it using the Hub.

Agreed, it's a much nicer experience than the app.

Retrocide

Yes...Finally a shipping date...going through walmart was a whole lot smoother then bestbuy or at&t....hopefully I can get a free charger through that nokia website...if not I'll buy it with the savings

Zanosuke

I've been using an ipod for a couple of years and it turned me into a podcast junkie. Does Lumia 920/WP8 have an app similar to Downcaster?

Top Bottom