• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

SeanR1221

Didn't do a wipe. Just powered it off using the button versus letting it die.

Ohhh. From reading into it, it seems I will lose my game saves, but keep my texts, contacts, calendar events and phone settings.

Also, it won't redownload all your apps, just the app list when you swipe to the right side of the screen. From there you can redownload the apps...if I'm reading correctly.

I have 302 stars in Cut the Rope already :(

tralfazz

Ohhh. From reading into it, it seems I will lose my game saves, but keep my texts, contacts, calendar events and phone settings.

Also, it won't redownload all your apps, just the app list when you swipe to the right side of the screen. From there you can redownload the apps...if I'm reading correctly.

I have 302 stars in Cut the Rope already :(

I like that it at least keeps the app list. Have you checked the XBOX game settings to see if there is anything about game saves?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Skype app is so sexy <3

Are there any more apps on the online store that are not available on the phone's version?

SeanR1221

I like that it at least keeps the app list. Have you checked the XBOX game settings to see if there is anything about game saves?

Nothing there. When you go to cloud backup and click on what gets backed up, the link says...

"Backup doesn't save apps or app data but you can easily reinstall apps by tapping them on the app list"

"Start will reset to it's default set of pinned tiles when you restore"

This to me implies the app list will have all your apps, but they will be greyed out or something, waiting to be reinstalled. App data will be completely gone.

tralfazz

Nothing there. When you go to cloud backup and click on what gets backed up, the link says...

"Backup doesn't save apps or app data but you can easily reinstall apps by tapping them on the app list"

"Start will reset to it's default set of pinned tiles when you restore"

This to me implies the app list will have all your apps, but they will be greyed out or something, waiting to be reinstalled. App data will be completely gone.

But isn't Cut The Rope a XBOX game? Under Xbox settings it mentions that game data and acheivements will be saved, no?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wow that sucks. I get a ton of messages since I have 10 different families and multiple supervisors I work with.

antiquegamer fixed it

Go to Setting>Speech there is an option you can toggle to Bluetooth to not read your message. I am pretty sure it was on the 7.5 also.

My experiment with Keep Alive was cut short, I am not sure if it is the cause but my phone just went dead for about 5 min. I could not wake it with any of the button. I let it sat there thinking it was brick but then it just reboot. Only app I install and have running is Keep Alive but I don't know if it what cause the problem. I could have defective phone too ... though this is the first time this happen.

My battery is more or less the same as the night before without Keep Alive running.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
does anyone get weird behaviour in a car over bluetooth?

If I'm listening to a podcast using the app 'podcasts pro!', I can listen over bluetooth just fine, but if I stop playback, and then switch off the car engine, it starts playing the podcast again, over the loudspeaker. Some of the podcasts I listen to are NSFW and so hearing swearing suddenly coming out of my phone when I get out of the car in the office car park is frustrating.

If I listen to a track via the music player, it works well, and when I stop my car it doesn't switch to loudspeaker.

TylerD

Wait, you can't activate 920 by yourself? I hate talking to a customer service.

Mine took about 30 mins. Went to the AT&T Premier site and entered in sim code and IMEI then it said processing. Got tired of waiting and went to the regular AT&T site and saw there was an option to activate there. Did that and powered my phone off and on and it was done.

kazinova

Anyone have the location circle randomly appear? Nothing to my knowledge is even running.

I had that when Nokia Drive+ Beta was running in the background, it was torching my battery.

I was dropping 5% every 20min with that running, I've been streaming podcasts for 4hours today and I'm at 74% left. I'm pleased as punch.

tralfazz

I had that when Nokia Drive+ Beta was running in the background, it was torching my battery.

I was dropping 5% every 20min with that running, I've been streaming podcasts for 4hours today and I'm at 74% left. I'm pleased as punch.

I uninstalled Nokia Drive and Weather Channel app to see how it does. I did notice that the Weather Channel has it's own app in the store vs. the Nokia provided one. Curious if it makes a difference.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I got this nice email today:

"Thank you for your recent purchase from www.att.com.
As you may have heard, for a limited time AT&T is running a promotion for a free Nokia Black Wireless Charging Plate with orders of the Nokia Lumia 920. The charging plate should have been shown as included when you placed your order.

The charging plate accessory will be shipped in a separate order at no charge.

We appreciate your business."

I had kind of assumed I wouldn't get it!

Yeah, I think the same thing was happening with me. Hope that's a bug--I love Drive otherwise.

It's amazing that very few reviews complaint about horrible battery life. I think only Cnet did. As long as it's better than my Incredible S (which is very shitty) then I'm fine.

SeanR1221

It's amazing that very few reviews complaint about horrible battery life. I think only Cnet did. As long as it's better than my Incredible S (which is very shitty) then I'm fine.

Judging by people here, bad battery is atypical.

I remember people in the iPhone 5 thread having the same issue.

Well, either AT&T put a cell tower up near my work building or the Lumia has double the antenna strength the Focus had. I used to barely get one bar at my desk. Now I get three bars.

Does LTE have better signal strength than 3G?
It's weaker, my phone reverse to 4G (3G+) when I am far inside my work place.

Patriots7

Have you owned iPhone before? I've had it for three years now and need a change.
Between a 3G and a 4 I've had one for a little over 3 years. My iPhone 4 was stolen and I was extremely tired of iOS being so stale in comparison to Android 4.0 and WP7, I decided to try Android out for a while with the Galaxy Nexus. As much as I love Google, I am not that big of a fan of Android. Lots of things that it does well, but I just didn't feel that I was taking advantage of its openness and customization enough to warrant the simple little things that iOS and WP8 do so well.

So since I became upgrade eligible this month, decided I might as well get back into the Apple world for a while.

Went to the AT&T and played with the Lumia 920 for what I thought was about 10 minutes, but in reality was closer to 30. Holy shit was it a blast to play with.
It also made me think that any review that mentioned it's weight is absolutely ridiculous. It felt perfect, and to be honest, I thought the iPhone 5 felt way too light in comparison.

Nokia really did an awesome job with this phone. Huge fan.

Do it. I have 200.00 extra to my name and a really great phone.
Temptation is way too high at the moment lol.

Klocker

Dam Sync (ford Edge) won&#8217;t read my text messages anymore. This worked fine on my Samsung Focus (Win7.5), but for some reason it's not working on the windows 8.

Anyone else having this issue?

Phone book,music and phone calls still work though.

please keep us posted..

by the way are you reading them through Bluetooth or through sync itself?

I gave up letting them read through sync (Focus S) and just turned on voice texting and use bluetooth...

also has anyone used Email voice typing over bluetooth in a car?

Mine just arrived: What should I do with it? I've been an iOS user for the last four or five years, so I have no idea how to work within the Windows environment or what I need to do. Tips plz.

I don't like how Skype "takes over" my text messages. Is there a way to turn that off?

EDIT: Also, only real negative about the 920 so far: the vibration seems to shake the shell/casing a bit too much, makes it sound cheaper than it actually is.

I think messaging in Skype is essentially Live Messenger.

On another note, I am actually having fun with Angry Birds Star Wars... I do miss Dodonpachi. This fragmentation is annoying.

Milchjon

Mine just arrived: What should I do with it? I've been an iOS user for the last four or five years, so I have no idea how to work within the Windows environment or what I need to do. Tips plz.

Set up your MS, Facebook, Google and Twitter, maybe also your MSN, LinkedIn and Skype accounts.
Start using SkyDrive
Download Skype
Download Whatsapp (of course)
Download all the Nokia Apps.
Download Wordament.

Edit: Really, your first actions should make your phone come alive with pictures, messages, notifications and your Xbox Live Avatar.

Raistlin

zKoPN.jpg

w00t

Set up your MS, Facebook, Google and Twitter, maybe also your MSN, LinkedIn and Skype accounts.
Start using SkyDrive
Download Skype
Download Whatsapp (of course)
Download all the Nokia Apps.
Download Wordament.

Edit: Really, your first actions should make your phone come alive with pictures, messages, notifications and your Xbox Live Avatar.

Thanks!

Fake Edit: Ugh, I signed in with one MS account that ISN'T my xbox live account, now supposedly I have to RESET MY PHONE to get my xbox account on here too? WTF MS... My accounts are linked. =/

Krakatoa

Anyone's screen becoming unresponsive? Mine seems to be fine but it's happening a lot on my wife’s.

Maybe a reset will fix the issue.

Top Bottom