• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if apps that aren't updated for WP8 can cause problems?

Edit: I just killed my battery again, time for a full charge. Also there are rumors that Rogers may be getting the yellow 920.

I found out that I can't bring over my unlimited data that I have with my iPhone over to this new phone. I'm debating on returning this phone now.

SeanR1221

Now 80%. So I lost 4% in a half hour doing absolutely nothing with the phone. Awesome.

How can the battery go from being great to so shitty.

tralfazz

I found out that I can't bring over my unlimited data that I have with my iPhone over to this new phone. I'm debating on returning this phone now.

Bullshit, whoever told you that. Brought mine over just fine. Even switched to a family plan and kept it for my Lumia 920 and got 3gb for the lady's 920.

Troll

Banned

What really sucks is that if they have already terminated your unlimited data then it might be a bitch to get back. Whoever told you that really fucked you.

What really sucks is that if they have already terminated your unlimited data then it might be a bitch to get back. Whoever told you that really fucked you.

They put it back on but she said when I switch over to the Lumia it'll go to a limited plan. I'm going to call and complain. If they say there's nothing they can do about it, I'll just tell them I'm leaving AT&T. Hopefully that works because I really want the lumia 920.

hwalker84

They put it back on but she said when I switch over to the Lumia it'll go to a limited plan. I'm going to call and complain. If they say there's nothing they can do about it, I'll just tell them I'm leaving AT&T. Hopefully that works because I really want the lumia 920.

Yeah its BS. I went from iPhone Unlimited to 4G Unlimited when I picked up the HTC Titan. Then it switched me to LTE Unlimited when I went with the Lumia 900.

900 v 920 camera:

LumiaNight.jpg

LumiaOutdoors.jpg

LumiaOutdoors2.jpg
LumiaNight2.jpg

Magni

Got mine at the bestbuy mobile store off contract and ordered an unlock code so I can use it with Bell instead of Rogers. It's pretty nice so far but it's big, kinda hard to use my thumb to reach all four corners of the screen.

Does anyone know to to group of so it looks like Windows 8 with the header tile?

How much is the unlock code? Did it work? BestBuy (US) is sold out for me :(

NeOak

I went from iPhone 2G unlimited to "iPhone 3G" unlimited to "LTE Basic" unlimited.

SeanR1221

Ok I'm pretty confident the ungodly amount of Kik messages is what drained my battery today. I've literally gotten close to or over 100 messages today. My friends were going crazy planning tomorrow and then all complained their batteries were dying out (mix of iPhones and droids).

I'm sitting at 60% now with barely any (personal) use and off he charger for 9 hours.

Ok I'm pretty confident the ungodly amount of Kik messages is what drained my battery today. I've literally gotten close to or over 100 messages today. My friends were going crazy planning tomorrow and then all complained their batteries were dying out (mix of iPhones and droids).

I'm sitting at 60% now with barely any (personal) use and off he charger for 9 hours.

Why not use the built-in "Rooms" feature for group messaging? I think that's what it's for and I think it works across ecosystems.

Edit: nm.. looks like group chat is only WP8 to WP8.

Dead

well not really...yet
omg I got my phone. Its so amazing I could just die :3

holy shit at dat low light capture, you really have to see it with your own eyes to truly comprehend how crazy it is.

So I shot with the Lumia 920 in sports mode, which I can assume uses a fast shutter speed, and then another in Auto (I used Night as well, but the results turned out the same):

Pretty ridic. May not be the BEST comparison, as sports probably assumes good lighting and has a fast shutter...but under my desk is pretty dark this time of day. 920's camera better than my eyesight CONFIRMED

thirty

Banned
Switched from Bing wallpaper back to this image from the game Child of Eden. I never get tired of this. Seamlessly positioned so the right side of the wallpaper flows into becoming the wallpaper for Kids Corner.
child-of-eden-wallpaper-see-whale.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Battery seems to be doing a bit better. 100% to 91% in almost 3 hours. I listened to music for about 45 minutes, did some texting. Not too heavy use.

omg I got my phone. Its so amazing I could just die :3

holy shit at dat low light capture, you really have to see it with your own eyes to truly comprehend how crazy it is.

My other phones would have choke on this picture, indoor with little light and close-up picture of lenticular objects.

tt801l.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Not bad man. Did you do a hard reset when you first got the phone? How you liking it overall so far?

I have done a few cycles of completely draining it and a full charge. We will see how far I get with it today. Tough to compare with my old phone since you tend to use a new phone a lot initially I find.

I'm loving it so far. Feels good in the hand, the build quality is great and the camera is fantastic in low-light as everyone has stated. My cellular coverage seems to bounce around a lot, which I think has more to do with shitty Rogers.

outsidah

Dead pixel on mine and battery was horrible first day. Phone is not nearly the "brick" people have made it out to be though. Screen is gorgeous and everything is snappy.

Anyone take theirs back for a dead pixel?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Dead pixel on mine and battery was horrible first day. Phone is not nearly the "brick" people have made it out to be though. Screen is gorgeous and everything is snappy.

I read on the Rogers forum that someone else did that.

cube444

I have done a few cycles of completely draining it and a full charge. We will see how far I get with it today. Tough to compare with my old phone since you tend to use a new phone a lot initially I find.

I'm loving it so far. Feels good in the hand, the build quality is great and the camera is fantastic in low-light as everyone has stated. My cellular coverage seems to bounce around a lot, which I think has more to do with shitty Rogers.

Good stuff man. Keep the impressions coming.

So tomorrow is the Grand Opening of the MS Store at Yorkdale Mall near Toronto. Who's going?:

Link

outsidah

Dead pixels are never covered by warranty iirc.
But why not try.

Depends really on the mfg and sometimes they consider a certain amount tolerable. I don't really know Nokia's stance on this though. I have to tell you though every time I see that damn green pixel it is the only thing I can see on the screen.

I haven't dealt with dead pixel(s) in quite some time so it's a bit disappointing to see one on this otherwise gorgeous screen.

derFeef

Depends really on the mfg and sometimes they consider a certain amount tolerable. I don't really know Nokia's stance on this though. I have to tell you though every time I see that damn green pixel it is the only thing I can see on the screen.

I haven't dealt with dead pixel(s) in quite some time so it's a bit disappointing to see one on this otherwise gorgeous screen.

I would try, but I did not have luck once, but that was a TFT. Where is it located?

Troll

Banned

My recommendation would be to not bring up the dead pixel and return it on the basis of having a bad battery.

Dead

well not really...yet
rargh, made a new ms account for the phone and it made me a new gamertag before I could link my current gamertag to it.

After reading what I have to do to fix that I just reset my phone and created yet another account. This time ill link my gamertag to it before using any of the xbox apps on the phone..

Retrocide

To echo what everyone has said...the lowlight performance is like magic.
Also I got my free Bluetooth headset from Walmart Wireless for sending the wrong sim card with the order.

Dead

well not really...yet
what the heck

after I reset the phone its giving an error 805a01f7 in the windows store. Nokia apps shortcut wont show up and I cant search or download anything.

NeOak

So i let my phone completely discharge. Tried to turn it twice, got the red battery indicator. Third time it did turn on and i got this:

iELAsNkCvUvTx.png

"Negative" integer lol. Now it finally died and wont turn on. Gonna do a full recharge.

Top Bottom