• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

ferr

Can someone with one of these fancy WP8 phones check if there is a game called "Play! Blackjack" in the store. Should be listed under the Cards category in the Free section. No WP8 for me yet so I can't check if my game is even listed in the store.

Can someone with one of these fancy WP8 phones check if there is a game called "Play! Blackjack" in the store. Should be listed under the Cards category in the Free section. No WP8 for me yet so I can't check if my game is even listed in the store.

This?
kCEle.jpg

Look nice I will give it a try.

thirty

Banned
I've talked to a carrier rep and it looks like the 920 is doing surprisingly well.
att also restocked for the big black friday weekend. all colors in stock except cyan.

$49 is an incredible price. i had a few non-WP friends question why the 920 was so cheap on and off contract so they have yet to jump on it. but after sharing my pics with them and att's new $49 price, i have a feeling they'll jump. so $99 is too cheap but $49 during black friday isn't? that's the american consumer for you.

att also restocked for the big black friday weekend. all colors in stock except cyan.

$49 is an incredible price. i had a few non-WP friends question why the 920 was so cheap on and off contract so they have yet to jump on it. but after sharing my pics with them and att's new $49 price, i have a feeling they'll jump. so $99 is too cheap but $49 during black friday isn't? that's the american consumer for you.

To be honest, the low price raises some questions for the average consumer. "If this is so cheap, then how can it be as good as the iPhone or Galaxy Whatever?".

The rep showed me the 820 and 8X (both in black). The 920 was still on backorder and they didn't even have a working display model. The glossy yellow dummy didn't looks as terrible as I thought, buy guys, lets be real here: Matte > glossy. It's still no contest.

He'll call me as soon as the grey one is listed.

No, I didn't order or pre-order one.

He said that he was somewhat optimistic about Windows Phone 8 (and definitely more optimistic than about OS 7), because of the Windows 8 push and that Nokia put a lot of money behind the devices, which is why it's so damn cheap. Should it bomb, then Nokia would probably be done for.

Nothing new here, but it was interesting to hear about his thoughts on it.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
You guys don't know what you are missing with my black 920. It has actually started to grow on me. Still would rather have had a 920 with colour, but it still is a great looking phone.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Uncomfortably hot?

For me, its above the camera module and my hands usually don't go there, but no, I wouldn't say its uncomfortably hot. I'm also not sure if a gloss finish would mean its any cooler, since I have a cyan matte (the best color and best finish available).

Its definitely something you will notice.

Subitai

va·nil·la
adjective /vəˈnilə/ 
Having no special or extra features; ordinary
I thought that's what my white 822 was. :/

Any recommendations on security apps?

Also, what is the easiest way I can show you guys my tile setup?

Commodore

pic_A1oT_l.jpg

bow, ye alternate color heathens.

Funny. We get different colors that we've all coalesced around. Team Cyan, bitches. Android users have different roms/desserts/themes they fight over. iPhone users have what, icons? Apps? Cases? Do they fight over stuff? Or do they live harmoniously one with another in a state of pure Jesus phone sameness?

Satchel

Banned
Can't believe I have to wait till Tuesday here.

The exclusive Australian carrier Telstra sold out of pre-order stock twice over. The reseller I'm getting from is only getting 3-4 per store. So I put my name down for one.

Problem is, they're ONLY getting black from what I know. Would have been nice or at least SEE the white and make a decision.

Ragus

Banned
Fuck, I have to wait at least 3 days to have this phone unlocked. Can you still browse the phone without sim card (taking photos, listening to music etc.)?

Fuck, I have to wait at least 3 days to have this phone unlocked. Can you still browse the phone without sim card (taking photos, listening to music etc.)?

A Windows Phone without a SIM is basically like a Zune running Windows Phone. Or an iPod touch.

Everything works, as long as you have an internet connection. You can still set up your accounts, download apps and all that.

Top Bottom