• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

Troll

Banned
I'm going to be pretty swamped tomorrow, but I'll be able to check in on the thread every now and then. If you guys can, post some pics, I won't have anything interesting to take pics of for a few days.

NeOak

I'm going to be pretty swamped tomorrow, but I'll be able to check in on the thread every now and then. If you guys can, post some pics, I won't have anything interesting to take pics of for a few days.

My phone takes pics?

ohhh so that is what that 3rd button does... :eek:

lol j/k

Ragus

Banned
I have to wait till february? WHAT THE FUCK?

I'm thinking about selling this phone right know. This shit is pure madness...

klausbert

Wow, i really don't think I'll get another Nokia Phone after the Lumia if they take that long to get the Update to the international 920.

kharma45

So no update for the SIM free devices yet some carrier branded ones already have it? And it won't come until February?

fuck the hell off.

I'll need more time to make a conclusion, but it feels like my battery has improved since the update:

wp_ss_20121219_0002.png

That big dip was some GAF-surfing and the update itself--but I've only lost a few percent since then. Was dropping a lot faster earlier.

thirty

Banned
nice, i already used the wifi always on to download new nokia music for offline play. nokia music is still lacking the ability to change quality. it does prompt you that an update is needed for that function. i guess the next update will finally give us "high quality."

dLMN8R

What kind of hit on battery life is there with wifi always on?

It depends on the type of wi-fi network you use it on. If it's on your home network, your battery life will probably improve since home networks tend to be pretty quiet without a ton of activity. But if you use it on a public wi-fi network, or a work network where there are hundreds of machines on it constantly transmitting info, then it could make your battery worse since the network stack needs to be constantly processing all that traffic.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Anyone else having issues with the automatic updates? The Store won't even show that there are updates available :\. Tried the Unpin, clear web history, soft-reset, re-pin but it doesn't work.

The worst part about this is the fact that system setting updates won't show up, like the new brightness settings, can't access that at all. Fucking hell.

Edit: Major problem here, from a friend. My friend's Lumia 920 won't show up as portable device, meaning it isn't detected in the "My Computer" tab, no way to access it like that, whereas mine works, tried on the same computer with the same cable too.

Top Bottom