• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

jgkspsx

How quickly did you who have 920 problems realize you had problems? Thinking about going back on contract to get one... but I don't know how good the network is around these parts.

Honestly, it's better to go with low end phones because there is always a new bad ass phone right around the corner.

No. Nono. Nononononononono. No.

In general, the flagship phones actually get updates because the manufacturer knows how important they are since they sold tens of millions of units. If you buy some crappy low-end phone, you better be happy with what you get because it's what you'll have forever.

MCD

No. Nono. Nononononononono. No.

In general, the flagship phones actually get updates because the manufacturer knows how important they are since they sold tens of millions of units. If you buy some crappy low-end phone, you better be happy with what you get because it's what you'll have forever.

You can always replace it with the newest cheap shit.

And it's not like WP updates are that important. WP8 took like, 2 years to come out.

And turning battery saver + uninstalling Nokia Drive is going great so far but I am not browsing at the moment. Work time baby.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I finally joined the club yesterday and I am not too sure if this is good or not:

A1SUt.png

This is with very heavy downloading of apps, browsing and playing games, taking photos and videos!

I think I am happy with that performance although I am not really sure.. I am going to have to give it another charge cycle to see if it improves.

However I am loving the phone oh so much. So much better than this damn thing.

Wurst

620 in January or 900 for 245€ now?
I'm tending to go with the 620. Full WinPhone 8 should be a plus, shouldn't it?

Wurst

620 purely for WP8, i couldn't buy a WP7 device now unless it was dirt cheap.

alright, just the wait is killing me and my iPhone is dying.
A month ago I would have gone with the 920 but the fucked up launch turned me off completely. I couldn't even get one now if I wanted to.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to Portico.

The 620 looks so damn cute.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
That was my favorite Zune, I wish I have kept it. Big giant brown slap of goodness. I abandoned it when I got the first iPhone. : (

My wife still has the brown Zune 30. Its her in car media player. She is going to cry when it breaks, we've had that thing for a long time now. Zune 30 plus Zune pass is heaven.

MCD

Day 3...

I haven't used it as much today but I think the issue was apps being open? But I did reboot multiple times yesterday...

This battery is bizarre...maybe charging it overnight helped?

But still...MS should change the back button behavior or add a real close button/swipe down to close apps because going back multiple times just to close one app is soooooo dumb.

There have been some people noting Nokia Drive being a battery hog. It's still in beta, so that might be an issue.

The battery indicator isn't necessarily accurate right away (and more than likely is not). Some people have said that the following steps helped that indicator be more accurate:
1)Drain completely till powerdown
2)Restart the device till powerdown
3)Charge it.

I have no clue whether that would actually do anything though.

Wait a week until you actually have a feel for the battery...

Ragus

Banned
That freeze bug is quite entertaining. I was just talking with my friend and I noticed, that the screen didn't shut off while I was holding the phone next to my ear. When I tried to lock my phone I couldn't do it.

So, the phone in now unlocked, I can use it however I want, but I can't lock it. I can either turn it off or wait 5 minutes untill it locks itself.

hwalker84

There have been some people noting Nokia Drive being a battery hog. It's still in beta, so that might be an issue.

The battery indicator isn't necessarily accurate right away (and more than likely is not). Some people have said that the following steps helped that indicator be more accurate:
1)Drain completely till powerdown
2)Restart the device till powerdown
3)Charge it.

I have no clue whether that would actually do anything though.

Wait a week until you actually have a feel for the battery...

Thats exactly what worked for me.

2x Let the battery fully drain until phone wont power on again

Fantastic battery life.

I went ahead and loaded it on my phone today using navifirm+ to download the update from nokia's servers..

Will report back with any changes in battery life, etc.

venne

I hope Nokia can do something to allow Nokia Suite to work with the Lumia line.

That would be a huge plus considering the abysmal state of the current sync offerings.

How did the Navifirm+ installation process go? Was it easy?

Reasonably easy.. but if I had known that the update was coming officially tomorrow, I'd have just waited.. since the process requires you to wipe when you flash it, whereas the official update process will preserve data.

Retrocide

I just got update for a bunch of nokia apps, one being cinemagraph...you can now easily share your gifs now! The options are social media, email, and messaging...

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna give me a good wallpaper for my phone?

Amory

So I have a Lumia 900 and did a speed test against my friend's iPhone 5 loading up a webpage (espn.com)...the iPhone absolutely smoked it. Why? I mean they're both LTE phones.

Also I thought the Lumia 900 was supposed to have a great camera on it...thing suuuucks. Especially if you're using zoom, at which point you should just forget about it.

NeOak

So I have a Lumia 900 and did a speed test against my friend's iPhone 5 loading up a webpage (espn.com)...the iPhone absolutely smoked it. Why? I mean they're both LTE phones.

Also I thought the Lumia 900 was supposed to have a great camera on it...thing suuuucks. Especially if you're using zoom, at which point you should just forget about it.

Single Core A8-based Qualcomm S2 vs Custom Apple dual Core A9 with VPF4 extensions.

lol

Easy_D

never left the stone age

So you got a 900 instead of a 920?

btrboyev

Yeah are you really talking the 900?

thirty

Banned
I just got update for a bunch of nokia apps, one being cinemagraph...you can now easily share your gifs now! The options are social media, email, and messaging...
social media? Please explain, post link to Facebook? Is Nokia actually hosting these gifs? Details please.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
No :( I bought a 900 when it was new...but the damn thing is still way less than a year old.

I didn't know the 900 was supposed to have a great camera, or that it even supported LTE speeds. Those both sound very 920 to me :p

Troll

Banned
Reasonably easy.. but if I had known that the update was coming officially tomorrow, I'd have just waited.. since the process requires you to wipe when you flash it, whereas the official update process will preserve data.

Post some pics, I want to see the camera improvements.

Top Bottom