• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

Ragus

Banned
WOOOOHO, I've updated my european 920 through Nokia Care using a rom from Switzerland :).

Now I don't have to wait for february.

Finally got my Lumia after 6 weeks of waiting, a hurricane, 2 weeks with no heat/hot water, a Presidential election, Thanksgiving, a school shooting, a Windows Phone update, and a Mayan apocalypse.

The world that existed when I ordered this phone and the one I live in today....

isn't really that different other than the fact that I have a really awesome phone now! :)

Ragus

Banned
same here, how does the Nokia Care thing work? is safe?

If I succeeded in flashing my 920 into Portico, then I guess everyone can do this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=O4tU4oRkyAs

Go to 1:10 and just do what the guys says. I chose ROM which is called RM-821_Orange_CH_VAR260471_12491_001_v2_Black, but you can select whichever you want.

btw. Is it normal, that 920 gets quite warm after laying on wireless charger for like 20 minutes?

Piper Az

I've noticed that most of the battery draining is due to background tasks. For me, it was the bbcnwews app, so I disabled its live tile. Now, it's alot better! I've also disabled Groupon background tasks.

thirty

Banned
anyway to force past nokia updates? my audio setting is busted and tells me there maybe an update at the store but there's no way i know to force that.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
The update is only for the ATT version right? I have the one I got from Microsoft during the Build conference. does anybody know if the ATT firmware will work with it?

Dead

well not really...yet
So Ill most likely be getting a G Note II on Friday off contract for about $300.

Might be off the Lumia bandwagon temporarily. Gonna keep the phone and I guess switch depending on my moods lol.

To be honest if hadn't gotten the front of the screen all scratched to shit, I probably wouldn't be doing this, but its bugging me far too much. :(

jgkspsx

Think I'm going to get a 920 and a Nexus 4 when that gets restocked. I'd like to get the 920 before the free charger deal expires.

Ragus

Banned
After Portico I no longer have problems with reboots/freezes, but now my battery has a much worse performance. I used to get 2 days of life, but now I'm 10% down and I charged it like an hour ago.

So Ill most likely be getting a G Note II on Friday off contract for about $300.

Might be off the Lumia bandwagon temporarily. Gonna keep the phone and I guess switch depending on my moods lol.

To be honest if hadn't gotten the front of the screen all scratched to shit, I probably wouldn't be doing this, but its bugging me far too much. :(

I noticed some small scratch on my screen also but not enough to make me trade. I saw on eBay you can pick up replacement screen but probably for the price might as well get GNoteII especially at $300 (where do you get it at that price off contract??).

Some of the fine scratch I know are from being in my jean pocket but what I don't understand is how the rest of the phone body is not also scratch up ... gorilla glass is overrated.

hwalker84

After Portico I no longer have problems with reboots/freezes, but now my battery has a much worse performance. I used to get 2 days of life, but now I'm 10% down and I charged it like an hour ago.

Try the whole run the battery completely down a few times and fully charge.

Dead

well not really...yet
I noticed some small scratch on my screen also but not enough to make me trade. I saw on eBay you can pick up replacement screen but probably for the price might as well get GNoteII especially at $300 (where do you get it at that price off contract??).

Some of the fine scratch I know are from being in my jean pocket but what I don't understand is how the rest of the phone body is not also scratch up ... gorilla glass is overrated.
someone I know who got it through some kind promotional program or something.

Don't think they would ship to Canada.
So I did some extra research and apperently the Microsoft Store in Toronto has them... not too sure about the popup stores though. I also tried to grab one off of amazon.com to import it here, although They just sold out from amazon themselves an none of the third party peoples want to ship to Canada. I even tried some of the energizer and Duracell ones on sale in the US but nope apparently no one wants to sell those to a Canadian either. Screw them all I say, I'm paying shipping, I honestly don't care how much it costs. Why should they care where they send it as long as they aren't paying [/rant] -.-

Ragus

Banned
Try the whole run the battery completely down a few times and fully charge.

When the phone turned itself off, I tried turning it on, but all I saw was a low battery indicator. I've waited for an hour and I successfuly turned it on.

WP_20121227.png

22%??? What the fuck :lol: When I bought my 920, I usually had like 4-5% left when I was calibrating the battery. I really need to recalibrate the shit out of it this time :p.

It may really explain why I had such a miserable battery life since installing Portico.

mm04

When the hell is AT&T going to have cyan or yellow 920s in stock? I'm due for an upgrade. Have there been any rumors regarding a potential date that anyone knows of?

klausbert

Updated my 920 bought in Germany with a T-Mobile rom. The photos this thing shoots really improved a lot, but updating it with the Nokia Care Suite is annoying.

scently

Clove offer them but they've limited supply.

http://www.clove.co.uk/nokia-lumia-920

I've one on loan from Nokia at the minute, hoping they let me at worst buy it off them.

Bought mine from them, dispatched from them and shipped on a Friday, and if not for some silly custom delay I would have gotten it on Monday but ended up getting it by Wednesday.

BTW they ship abroad as I ordered from Nigeria so from my point of view, they are reliable.

Top Bottom