• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

zorbsie

I guess it depends if the shell has some of the other components. I was checking out this video. I don't think I would try it myself that's for sure.

http://www.wpcentral.com/how-take-lumia-920-apart-diy-crowd

That dude talking is so calm. And just like you I wouldn't try this. Also that case is 110 Canadian. Speaking of crazy prices, I went to Expansys to order the red nokia soft case. $16 for the case is a good price. Shipping to Canada is $24. That seems like total bullshit, right? No sale. Might try this ebay seller and see what shipping is from him.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
That dude talking is so calm. And just like you I wouldn't try this. Also that case is 110 Canadian. Speaking of crazy prices, I went to Expansys to order the red nokia soft case. $16 for the case is a good price. Shipping to Canada is $24. That seems like total bullshit, right? No sale. Might try this ebay seller and see what shipping is from him.

Shipping to Alberta was 4 pounds.

Well I ordered the Nokia CP-600 case for the 920 from Expansys, it has yet to ship. Ill let you guys know if they are legit or not :\

Ragus

Banned
Hahahahahaha, great - now my 920 randomly doesn't respond to my fingers. Fucking piece of shit.

Enough is enough, I'm going to have it repaired, and then I am selling this crap. Sorry Nokia, I wanted to love you, I really did.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Hahahahahaha, great - now my 920 randomly doesn't respond to my fingers. Fucking piece of shit.

Enough is enough, I'm going to have it repaired, and then I am selling this crap. Sorry Nokia, I wanted to love you, I really did.

Pretty crazy, you have easily had the most problems in this thread. That sucks. Touch not working is bizarre.

Ragus

Banned
Pretty crazy, you have easily had the most problems in this thread. That sucks. Touch not working is bizarre.

It's so random. One moment the touch screen works fine, and 2 minutes later - nothing. Then, I use the power button to shut down the screen, and when I press it again, it works.

For a moment.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
It's so random. One moment the touch screen works fine, and 2 minutes later - nothing. Then, I use the power button to shut down the screen, and when I press it again, it works.

For a moment.

My touch screen spazzes out when I'm plugged in to a non OEM charger. Otherwise it works fine, and this is a replacement screen cause I cracked the original.

Ragus

Banned
My touch screen spazzes out when I'm plugged in to a non OEM charger. Otherwise it works fine, and this is a replacement screen cause I cracked the original.

It was happening, when it wasn't charging. I'm writing "was", because now it works fine. Maybe it was a one time incident.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Got my cyan and red Nokia gel cases from the ebay seller today. Arrived in about 12 days from the UK, which is awesome. The cases fit and look great. Buttons are easily accessible.

Edit: I also like that it covers the thin line between the glass and the body so sand and dust doesn't get in there.

Raide

OK, 620 sorted and charged. Damn I like it. Speedy menus, browsing is much quicker than my old-ass iphone. :D Got a few of my normal apps but I am wondering if it comes with a weather one by default or if I need to hunt one out?

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
OK, 620 sorted and charged. Damn I like it. Speedy menus, browsing is much quicker than my old-ass iphone. :D Got a few of my normal apps but I am wondering if it comes with a weather one by default or if I need to hunt one out?

There are some free ones, but I highly recommend Amazing Weather HD or Weatherflow.

Tomcat

no check amazing weather/weather flow/weathermaster

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
After getting my cases I kind of want to peel off my screen protector, :lol. Don't like that I can notice the edge of the protector since it has collected dust along its edge. I'm so anal.

Also, I think I prefer the red case over cyan. Still not as sexy as my friends glossy red 920.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I really need to be cautious because I own the glorious and superior matte cyan 920, but the red 920 (which I briefly owned before giving it to my wife) is an incredibly sexy device. Almost makes me wish I had kept it instead of the cyan. Almost.

I am pretty sure Nokia have couple of free one in their Nokia Apps but Amazing Weather is probably the best of the bunch.

Get Nokia Music, I used it exclusively over Xbox Music now, oh and Amazing Music (though I wish they would upgrade the interface so it doesn't look so generic.

zedge

Got my cyan and red Nokia gel cases from the ebay seller today. Arrived in about 12 days from the UK, which is awesome. The cases fit and look great. Buttons are easily accessible.

Edit: I also like that it covers the thin line between the glass and the body so sand and dust doesn't get in there.

Pics of red case please. :D

Haven't received mine yet.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Here are a few. Not the greatest pics. The colour is much more red in person. You can really see my screen protector in the pics as well, :lol
DSCF0043_zpsad0aba13.jpg

DSCF0042_zps0d05c6aa.jpg

DSCF0034_zps8f32a304.jpg

mm04

Just got my cyan 920 yesterday. So far, so good. Don't see any suspicious battery draining yet or anything like that. It's a huge leap over my Focus, that's for sure.

620 is a joy to hold.

Wonder why they didn't release it in the US.

We have subsidized phone here in the US. Carrier rather push those, though I think it would be great for small carrier and pay per month. It also doesn't have LTE.

It is a great little phone. My daughter loves her and she said she also get a lot of compliment from her friends that she have phone with cool "case".

ttony678

Neo Member
I'm stuck between the 620 and Nexus 4. I know they're different
since one is the flagship phone while the latter is more budget friendly.
I'm in U.S. and my concern is that the 620 isn't supported here?
I know it's unlocked and all but I just want to be sure.

dLMN8R

Ok, I really don't know what the hell is wrong with my 920. It just won't focus at all.

I hold the camera button halfway and it starts focusing correctly for a split second, but then the final focus it lands on is just all wrong. It doesn't matter what's in the center of the frame.

If I try to take a picture by tapping the screen, same thing. Doesn't matter what I tap on. I end up with blurry shot after blurry shot.

Is there anything else I can do to manually adjust focus?

kharma45

Ok, I really don't know what the hell is wrong with my 920. It just won't focus at all.

I hold the camera button halfway and it starts focusing correctly for a split second, but then the final focus it lands on is just all wrong. It doesn't matter what's in the center of the frame.

If I try to take a picture by tapping the screen, same thing. Doesn't matter what I tap on. I end up with blurry shot after blurry shot.

Is there anything else I can do to manually adjust focus?

You don't have the Scene mode set to close up do you? Happened me one time and took me ages to figure it out :lol

NeOak

I'm stuck between the 620 and Nexus 4. I know they're different
since one is the flagship phone while the latter is more budget friendly.
I'm in U.S. and my concern is that the 620 isn't supported here?
I know it's unlocked and all but I just want to be sure.

Can you go for a 920? And yes, it will work with AT&T for HSDPA (faux 4G) but only EDGE for T-Mobile unless you live in an area that has repurposed 1900Mhz spectrum.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Nope, everything is set to auto/default.

Is there any way to calibrate the focus of this thing or something?

If its not a setting and its not smudges or cracks on the lens, then maybe something went wrong with the floating lens mechanism.

How about you messing with the settings? Change it to close up and see if it can focus with the macro setting.

You know, I've been thinking this for the past few days but Nokia really nailed the glare reduction on the 920. Without even noticing, I found that I have been mostly using my phone in areas where it is completely basked in light and I can still easily see the screen in full colors. This is literally in a completely different league from my fathers Iphone and Ipad or my mothers blackberry where I can't go anywhere without having to find an angle where glare isnt as bad.

Top Bottom