• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

NeOak

You need one with the 5V, but if you want something similar to the 920 wall charger it needs to have a 1.3A current rating.

The Kindle one is 4.9V, 750mA. At least that's the rating the one that came with my Kindle DX has.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I'd be down for getting a 920, but working for Telus, I can't since we don't fuckin carry it.

I was with Rogers and was planning to switch to Telus, but the 920 stopped me. It would be nice if Telus or Bell got a high end Lumia. Hopefully the Lumia 928 is more than just a Verizon exclusive.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Man, I just noticed a small chip on my screen. There are other thin scratches on it. I treat this phone very carefully, so I'm going to assume that it was this wallet case I'm using. Gonna have to find a case that protects the screen, those thin silicone ones don't get the job done. Maybe an otterbox?

Menelaus

Banned
Just posted this in the WP8 thread, but my Verizon rep confirmed that they are getting the 928 and it will ship by months' end. I suppose that's what their conference is for.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I just noticed a small chip on my screen. There are other thin scratches on it. I treat this phone very carefully, so I'm going to assume that it was this wallet case I'm using. Gonna have to find a case that protects the screen, those thin silicone ones don't get the job done. Maybe an otterbox?

I usually put my phone in my pocket bare, but then I got a thin scratch. I have since put a ghost armor on the screen. I don't really like having it on though.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Just posted this in the WP8 thread, but my Verizon rep confirmed that they are getting the 928 and it will ship by months' end. I suppose that's what their conference is for.

Yeah, but then they have a second conference in London, presumably to announce the next wave of phones. We call that getting Lumia 900'd.

Talon

Adding an Otterbox to a Lumia?

hadareud

The Translator
Like I said the other day, the sunlight improvements are alright on the 920 with the last update:

1ZoXgcf.jpg

BbKqlT5.jpg

Was a nice day today.

kharma45

what an amazing deal. seriously, who would have thought that a budget phone, not a flagship, could be the phone to save the WP platform.

Start at the bottom and work your way up. It's all about getting marketshare at this stage in any shape possible to get more apps which should hopefully bring more people.

thirty

Banned
Start at the bottom and work your way up. It's all about getting marketshare at this stage in any shape possible to get more apps which should hopefully bring more people.
thread worthy?

seriously, offline nokia music, offline Here maps with functional gps, micro sd card slot, plus on the fun quality photo apps like panorama and cinemagraph, it's, IMO, the best value for budget smartphones.

thread worthy?

seriously, offline nokia music, offline Here maps with functional gps, micro sd card slot, plus on the fun quality photo apps like panorama and cinemagraph, it's, IMO, the best value for budget smartphones.

That's very impressive. Go ahead and make a thread.

kharma45

thread worthy?

It'd end up getting shot down by hoards of people saying Nokia should've went Android etc.

Could be fun I guess haha.

flippedb

Banned
still very positive responses. lots of people thinking with their wallets and looking at the value.

How much would it be to unlock the phone? My plan ends in August, so I can't get dat 820 (or 920 if I get enough money) until then. I really hate this Android pos I got.

thirty

Banned
How much would it be to unlock the phone? My plan ends in August, so I can't get dat 820 (or 920 if I get enough money) until then. I really hate this Android pos I got.
no idea but if that's an issue you're better off with the unlocked international 520.

hwalker84

SHIT. I was just cleaning my screen and remarking on how pristine it is. Then I dropped it at an angle that it slid across the bathroom tile and looks worse than any smartphone i've had. Anything I can do to buff these out?

AkuMifune

Banned
928 Officially Confirmed

It'll be my first Nokia, first Windows phone! Just the right device at the right time. I'm still skeptical but excited, want to see how the Nokia HERE stuff works.

The specs aren't killer, I could use more RAM for example, but it's going to kill my current phone, the Xperia Play. ;)

• Display: 4.5 inch WXGA HD OLED; Resolution 1280 x 768, Aspect Ratio 15:9, Pixel Density 334 ppi; ClearBlack display, Sunlight Readability Enhancement (SRE), High Brightness Mode (HBM); Luminance 300 nits (nominal max), 500 nits (High Brightness Mode); Color depth 24 bit, 16M colors, refresh rate 60Hz; Super-sensitive capacitive touch enables interacting with the display with gloves and long fingernails; Display active area: 58.37 mm x 97.28 mm; 2.5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 2
  • Battery: Integrated 2000mAh battery, Li-po, BV 4-NW
  • Processor:1.5GHz dual core, Qualcomm MSM8960+WTR
  • Main Camera: PureView 8.7MP Auto Focus with Carl Zeiss Tessar f/2.0, 26mm True 16:9 optics, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images, 1.4 sensor; Optical Image stabilization; Xenon Flash for Still Images; LED for Video; HD 1080p Video Capture @ 30 fps
  • Front facing camera: 720p HD video and 1.2MP still images
  • Memory: 1 GB RAM; 32GB internal memory (formatted capacity is less); 7GB free in SkyDrive with additional storage via subscription

It'll be available for $149, with a $50 rebate and $25 credit on the Windows App Store.

AkuMifune

Banned
Gonna make a new thread about the 928 announcement (not an OT, mind you).

Sweet. I think I'm more excited to be Day 1 with a new device, I've never done that either. So get to be there with my new Nokia homies. Sorry Sony, I've had your phones for 10 years but I can't get the new Xperia on Verizon, so suck it!

kharma45

Yeah they have but they AMOLED one isn't as bright nor does it have PureMotion tech in it.

In saying that I'm sure it'll still be perfectly lovely.

Zabka

Nokia going back to AMOLED is awesome. WP doesn't look the same without it.

Only issue is that the OIS in that video looked kinda wobbly like the HTC One's. I hope they didn't change the system.

Top Bottom