• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

Troll

Banned
eww eww eww it has a bellybutton

No body likes outies.

I hope whatever they announce Tuesday comes to America fast. I scratched my screen Friday so bad. Ready for some new blood.

Somehow I managed to get a stupid rock inside my cover and it's been dinging my phone up for a while. I had taken my cover off today for no real reason and the little bastard fell out. Now my phone is naked until I buy the next Lumia outright. It didn't do too much damage but if you look at it real close you can see little scratches on it's little cyan butt. :/

hwalker84

Somehow I managed to get a stupid rock inside my cover and it's been dinging my phone up for a while. I had taken my cover off today for no real reason and the little bastard fell out. Now my phone is naked until I buy the next Lumia outright. It didn't do too much damage but if you look at it real close you can see little scratches on it's little cyan butt. :/
Mine is really bad. It fell off my thigh in the bathroom and slide down my leg at a perfect angle which made it slide across the bathroom floor. It looks like wolverine scratched the screen.

joshschw

Apparently Gorilla Glass 2 is much more prone to scratches than GG1, at least that's what I was reading when my first 920 kept getting micro-scratches. It's supposed to be more resistant to shattering though.

Totakeke

WvwNYLq.jpg

Twice as large and far deeper.

82MP pureview confirmed.

Nero3000

I've been waiting for an update to my Lumia 800. Catwalk seems ideal if the following specs come in:

• OLED 1280x768 Screen (sorry, once you go OLED you can't go back)
  • NFC
  • Pureview (happy with the 920 version - although would be ecstatic with the 41mp sensor)
  • High build quality on par with the 800
  • Clearblack tech on the screen
  • High storage capacity (32GB) or microSD
  • UK 4G compatability
  • Long-ish battery life
  • Colours!

hadareud

The Translator
Just a requite of myself...

I have found links, however once the software is installed they all show a fault and wont accept the firmware.. damn and blast-it!!

Any help? Please?

Are my files not working?

Let me know and I'll upload them again.

What you need to do is use them with the Nokia Care suite, Navifirm is not needed. Process is described here:

http://www.wpcentral.com/how-fix-bricked-920-after-reset

It's fairly straightforward and shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Nokia Lumia 920 Question: How do I fix the random shutting down and having to change my date/time?

I put my screen timeout on Never. Nothing changed.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nokia Lumia 920 Question: How do I fix the random shutting down and having to change my date/time?

I put my screen timeout on Never. Nothing changed.

There's clearly something wrong with it, rebooting shouldn't reset the date/time at all. Only time that ever happens with mine is if I soft reboot it on purpose.

Milchjon

What is this sorcery? I am interested in the 920 mainly for the camera, but there is another?

That pic is the 808 PureView, a 41MP Symbian cam phone. There's a rumor they'll announce something like it running WP. Tomorrow's a press conference, it might even be there.

That pic is the 808 PureView, a 41MP Symbian cam phone. There's a rumor they'll announce something like it running WP. Tomorrow's a press conference, it might even be there.

Get hype. I already thought the camera on the 920 was nice, but this would be mind blowing for a mobile device on a modern os.

maeh2k

I don't expect the EOS tomorrow. That's more something for this year's flagship device at the end of the year.

Tomorrow there'll be the Catwalk (aluminum 920), possibly an international version of the 928 (another 920).

Maybe their other services like Music and HERE will get a lot of attention tomorrow. Drive should come out of beta soon.

Will there be a stream for tomorrow? And at what time will the announcement happen?

Troll

Banned
One of the Verge writers is on twitter trolling the 928. It's not Josh so I don't know his name, but it is pretty funny.

hadareud

The Translator
One of the Verge writers is on twitter trolling the 928. It's not Josh so I don't know his name, but it is pretty funny.

It's Tom Warren, their Microsoft guy.

Probably trying to fit in with the rest of them, but he's not too bad. He's a Gooner, after all.

Zeknurn

Looks like an Android phone.

Hopefully Nokia will return to a polycarbonate design when the 920 is two years old and it's time for an upgrade.

hwalker84

Please be 32GB and launch soon with AT&T bands. Color's be damned I need a new Lumia because of my horribly scratched screen. Unless this is a downgrade.

Top Bottom