• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

hwalker84

I could understand 8Xs, but 920s?

2 Nokia Lumia 920 - $200

Yellow Nokia Lumia 920 plus charging pad for $200
White Nokia Lumia 920 plus charging pad for $200
Have otter box black for $40
Have ballistic box grey and white $40
Please be near or willing to come

and another

White AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 PERFECT CONDITION - $225
Barely used 920. Using my S3 again so I decided to sell.

DO NOT OFFER ME ANYTHING LESS THAN $200 OR YOU WILL GET A RUDE RESPONSE, I AM SICK OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU LOWBALLERS.

NO I WILL NOT UNLOCK IT.
NO IT IS NOT UNLOCKED.
NO I WILL NOT DRIVE AN HOUR TO MEET YOU.
NO I WILL NOT TRADE FOR A PIECE OF GARBAGE PHONE.

But!

Hn8RNjS.jpg
My matte white 820 or 620 covers didn't or at least haven't yet suffered that fate.

zedge

So I got my 920 back from Rogers last week. Sent for repair as I was getting alot of dust under the FFC. It also froze on the spinning cogs when I reset it before they took it.. lol.

Anyway, they did nothing about the dust, its still there.. sigh.

I emailed Nokia about it, this was their reply.

Thank you for emailing the Nokia Careline.
In response to your concern, we are sorry to hear that your Nokia Lumia 920 still have the dusts on the front face camera even after receiving it from repair. We would like to inform you that it would be best for the device to be sent directly to our repair center for second evaluation and to have it inspected by our Nokia-trained technicians so they can properly determine the exact problem of your phone.
However, please be advised that there is a possibility that the handset may came back unrepaired due to the dust on the camera lens as it is unrepairable.
For Nokia Canada warranty and repair information, please visit the link below:
http://download.fds-ncom.nokia.com/...epair_form/CA_English_Repair_Form_6-28-12.pdf
We are hoping for your understanding and we appreciate your patience and cooperation regarding this matter.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again. To ensure proper handling of your case, kindly continue using the current subject line.
Check out all the phones and accessories at www.nokia.ca. If you have any questions, please call us at 1-888-226-6542 from Mondays to Fridays at 10:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. EST (closed on national public holidays) and we can help find the right product for you.

So this dust thing is obviously a defect and there are numerous articles stating that Nokia is aware of the issue and there is a fix. Kind of choked at their response as they seem to be clueless about this or just flat out denying it..

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
My stupid 920 reset itself after unplugging my headphones and got stuck at the Nokia logo. It wouldn't respond in any form and the power button didn't do anything, so I tried a soft reset by pressing volume down + power. Now it boots until it reaches the Windows Phone logo, then it gets stuck there.

Fuck me.

Edit: And now it works after a second soft reset. I think I pooped my pants.

Rad Agast

Just picked up a cyan 920. What's a good podcast app for this thing?

edit: forget that I asked. Just found the podcast tab in the marketplace.

nokia 620 initial review:
- phone looks pretty good
- responsive
- camera is what you paid for
- on black case, buttons felt like shit. white case more responsive

all in all i am pretty happy. i love nokia drive. and all the little features like the me tile, people tile are pretty cool

Very strange. Over the week my battery on my 920 has been running down in 12 hours or so. All of a sudden this weekend its lasting ages. It's on 40% and I haven't charged it for at least 36 hours :s

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
nokia 620 initial review:
- phone looks pretty good
- responsive
- camera is what you paid for
- on black case, buttons felt like shit. white case more responsive

all in all i am pretty happy. i love nokia drive. and all the little features like the me tile, people tile are pretty cool

Sweet, glad you like it.

Rad Agast

I must say that I'm very pleased with the 920 as a phone. Fast and responsive with great battery life so far.

I've read about some battery issues that creep up later on. Is that with all of them or just the early batch?

oh yeah, what's a good youtube app? The one I'm using currently is kinda wonky when I try to switch back and forth. Don't have that issue on android (even though it's slower).

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I must say that I'm very pleased with the 920 as a phone. Fast and responsive with great battery life so far.

I've read about some battery issues that creep up later on. Is that with all of them or just the early batch?

oh yeah, what's a good youtube app? The one I'm using currently is kinda wonky when I try to switch back and forth. Don't have that issue on android (even though it's slower).

myTube or Metrotube. I prefer myTube though, has a really nice live tile and interface

Shameless promotion again...
Anyone else want to futz around with my app?

Image album here: http://imgur.com/a/GkAcF

Some new updates (that I'm stoked about)
-Better perf on a whole lot of things.
-Better image management (bug in WP API that might be the cause of that 'other storage' issue)
-SKYDRIVE PHOTO DOWNLOADS: Integrate all photos from well known photos in your skydrive account to LifeLogger. I can now grab all the photos I took from my Italy trip last year and make a 'journal' out of them for easy viewing. I could pin that journal to the start screen for even easier viewing. lifeLogger caches thumbnails of all of the photos, which for about 1000 photos takes up about 1 or 2 MBs of data. Full-Resolution images are all streamed from skydrive when viewed in larger screen
-Daily Journal took a big hit because of the above, so I redesigned it to be closer to what the final design will look like. Because of how big this could get, I've got some 'jumpers' now for per-month viewing.
-The settings page looks much better.
-Pivots are now better animated.

Getting pretty close to release now guys. Prreeeetty close. If you want to muck around with it (especially try out the skydrive bit...that's troublesome), please message me with your MSA email

i love windows phone os and i love my nokia. even though its a low end model and may not have as many apps, i find more fluid then my android. consider me converted lol

Quikies83

So I've performed a factory reset on my phone (Lumia 920)

I'm not sure if the phone is just fucking bricked now or what... Either way, I have a new one coming to me from ATT. But, all the phone did after I selected "yes" in confirmation of a Factory Reset was turn off turn back on (with nokia logo) the straight to some spinning gears... all of this seemed normal.... The gears kept spinning and I decided to plug it in to the wall charger (not sure if the wireless would've picked it up). 24 hours later it is still doing the same thing.
I follow the advice of some people that have had issues similar and rebooted (hold volume down and power button) the phone and when the Nokia logo screen hits, I've hit the buttons Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down. This according to some ATT rep should perform a soft reboot.... whatever... my phone is either showing spinning gears or a battery symbol (red like it needs charging) and a flashing charging symbol.

Any ideas? Anyone? I've had no issues with this phone at all...

hadareud

The Translator
You can fix it by flashing the firmware through the Nokia care suite.

Problem is, they switched off navifirm, so there's no real way to download the firmware.

Which network are you on?

edit: nm att. You'll have to have a look on google if you can find somewhere that made a backup of the latest att firmware. I'm sure you should find something.

Quikies83

You can fix it by flashing the firmware through the Nokia care suite.

Problem is, they switched off navifirm, so there's no real way to download the firmware.

Which network are you on?

No, you cannot. You've contradicted yourself, but their firmware is no longer available through Nokia Care Suite.

I'm on At&t

edit: Nevermind that. I've seen you can now upload your own firmware. I'll give it a go.

Quikies83

the firmware is broken down by color (in my case, Cyan).. This is ridiculous.. I'm only finding one firmware download (latest firmware) but it's international and for the Black model...

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
No, you cannot. You've contradicted yourself, but their firmware is no longer available through Nokia Care Suite.

I'm on At&t

edit: Nevermind that. I've seen you can now upload your own firmware. I'll give it a go.

You're being an asshole to the one guy in this thread with enough patience to help you, the guy who actually hosted the necessary firmware for another member who needed help. Next time, don't be such a dick when you need help.

Edit: that was harsh on my part, sorry. Your response rubbed me the wrong way considering he is the one poster in this head willing to take the time to help you if you just answer his questions without snark.

Quikies83

You're being an asshole to the one guy in this thread with enough patience to help you, the guy who actually hosted the necessary firmware for another member who needed help. Next time, don't be such a dick when you need help.

Wasn't being an asshole at all.

I'd be sorry for coming across that way but by the way you've just reacted, maybe some other time.

I thank him for enlightening me that there were sources outside Navifirm Plus (since the servers are closed off to us).

Now piss off.

Wasn't being an asshole at all.

I'd be sorry for coming across that way but by the way you've just reacted, maybe some other time.

I thank him for enlightening me that there were sources outside Navifirm Plus (since the servers are closed off to us).

Now piss off.

I'm glad you changed that. I really wonder why he'd think that in the first place.

hadareud

The Translator
heh

No reason to fight, lets leave that to the cesspool that is the gaming forum at the moment.

Anyway, you can install any colour, doesn't make a difference apart from the initial accent colour.

Just wanted to bump this and say I'm selling an extra official nokia branded black wireless charger for $25 and the official black wireless charging cradle for $30 if anyones interested.

cheststrongwell

my cake, fuck off
For the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to download podcasts from the marketplace on my 900. Apps and music download fine, but podcasts are a no-go. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: Figured it out. After deleting the one podcast I had on my phone, I am now able to download again. I regret ever buying a Windows phone. Zune is the Devil!

For the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to download podcasts from the marketplace on my 900. Apps and music download fine, but podcasts are a no-go. Anyone else have this issue?

EDIT: Figured it out. After deleting the one podcast I had on my phone, I am now able to download again. I regret ever buying a Windows phone. Zune is the Devil!

Enjoy your Zune, you will miss it once it gone. It manage media pretty well, much better than iTunes. On Windows Phone 8 you could only drag and drop and if you are anal about your cover art and how your music are organize, you are in one big butt hurt. I also miss Wi-Fi sync on Zune. I never have to worry about my medias not get back up to my computer. Now I have to go to Skydrive or use wire sync.

Anastasia

I just upgraded from an old LG clamshell that I have been using for the past 7 years to a Lumia 928. The phone itself is beautiful and very responsive. It was ultimately the value of the Lumia (I also got a $25 app store credit), along with the design of WP8 that won me over.

It feels nice to have joined the future. :p

Top Bottom