• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nokia Lumia |OT| Worth the Weight

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
LB_7053.jpg

Ghost Elop

TTOOLL

Crossposting from the WP thread.

"It's kind of amazing that Nokia keeps introducing very familiar pocket camera tech — manual controls, image stabilization, scene modes — as ultra-innovative in a phone. Justified, but consumers have had access to this tech in their point and shoots for a long time. -NP"

The Verge.

Tomcat

Crossposting from the WP thread.

"It's kind of amazing that Nokia keeps introducing very familiar pocket camera tech — manual controls, image stabilization, scene modes — as ultra-innovative in a phone. Justified, but consumers have had access to this tech in their point and shoots for a long time. -NP"

The Verge.

salty lol

Zeknurn

The 1020 looks awesome. It's funny how Nokia is the only phone manufacturer innovating now. Hopefully they will be able to gain some momentum with this device.

bedlamite

The facebook pics make all the color's look matte.
Yep, unless there's some serious photoshopping going on, the 1020's FB album does show the phone to have a matte body.

aaaand in other news, it looks like I'm back on the yellow 1020 bandwagon again. Matte yellow hhhnnnggg

Haklong

Even funnier with de la vega in the room.... his expression at that question would have been hilarious.

Would have loved to have seen his face.

Yep 100% correct.I remember one of the employee's tried to tell me Lumia's are buggy because Nokia stopped making phones for awhile and just got back into it.

When I was getting mine the lady there kept telling me to go Android or keep my IPhone. Told her I wanted something new and have used both OS for a long time. She went on and on about it. People have their preferences and biases I guess.

hwalker84

Any transcript available?

Something was asked like "Why do you tout AT&T like they're a great partner when they are an absolute horrible partner?" she then went on about her store experience and not a damn employee knowing anything about the phones or OS. The crowd clapped and what seemed like a loaded question was completely handled with swag.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
Anyone else having trouble sharing their cinemagraphs? I've captured some excellent ones since the last app update improved the quality, but I get an internet connection error every time I try to share them by uploading to the Nokia servers first.

Looks like gloss to me

Or maybe not

Sorry for not being of any help whatsoever.

If I remember correctly, both versions exist. There's a difference between regular shells and shells that enable wireless charging. I'm not sure which group is matte and which one is glossy.

Edit: the basic ones are glossy, the wireless charging shells are matte: http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/09/17/nokia-lumia-820-comes-out-of-its-shell/
Thanks. My wireless charging white one was matte too, so I guess that holds up.

Thanks again.

I like the matte covers for 820 better because the thickness protects the camera part better. My wife uses the glossy yellow and red covers and hers is scratched badly.

asa

Just bought yellow nokia 520 for my girlfriend, it's cheap and pretty much does everything my iphone 5 does. I'm positively surprised by the build quality and the OS, I've tested Win phones earlier and the OS felt bit laggy, not feeling the lag with 520 anymore. I guess few days of usage will tell the truth, but for now the OS feels much snappier and it's actually pretty great to use.

I like the feel/design of the phone as well, can't believe this thing is 1/5 of the price of iphone 5. Changeable battery and cover are also pretty big plus in my books.

I'm happy with the phone, if Nokia keeps things up maybe they will be relevant again :p

My 920 no longer responds to touch controls. It started acting up where touch wouldn't work, and after turing it on and off, or a hard restart (which is hard to do if you can't touch isn't working) it would be fine. But as of last night, it's called it quits. I don't think I've dropped my phone too hard, so I'm not sure what's going on. On to the At&T store to see what they can do for me.

*EDIT Apparently I don't know how to do a hard reboot (both volume buttons +power) seems to be behaving now.

Top Bottom