• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
BYCR-5ACQAA0t2_.png
Face Jericho return for burial incoming.

I think it's too early to say the Bryan push is "done". Every report we had before SS said that everyone, Vince included, was very high on Bryan, and as they like money, I have to hope they'll see that there is still money for Bryan to make for them, as he's still quite over with the crowd, especially when he wrestles.

Ithil

I think it's too early to say the Bryan push is "done". Every report we had before SS said that everyone, Vince included, was very high on Bryan, and as they like money, I have to hope they'll see that there is still money for Bryan to make for them, as he's still quite over with the crowd, especially when he wrestles.

Apparently they don't like money enough to get over the fact that he isn't 6'3.

Aiii

So not worth it
Tagging with Punk is not "push being over"

He's a main eventer now in their eyes, there's no higher position to be pushed to in WWE. He's just not getting a title run right this second, that might be a bad choice (I think he's better of not getting one now, over getting one around Mania), but that doesn't mean he's transformed to a midcarder.

gurudyne

Vince was also high on Cesaro and Ryback a year ago. Opinions can change drastically in very little time backstage. Which isn't to say that DBry will end up like Ryder or Ziggler or any other pushes based on flash in the pan crowd responses, just that being popular backstage isn't the best metric to use to determine career trajectory.

Tagging with Punk is not "push being over"

He's a main eventer now in their eyes, there's no higher position to be pushed to in WWE. He's just not getting a title run right this second, that might be a bad choice (I think he's better of not getting one now, over getting one around Mania), but that doesn't mean he's transformed to a midcarder.

It also starts the clock on an inevitable Bryan/Punk breakup feud. Writes itself. Especially if Bryan wins the Rumble and/or title at Wrestlemania.

Wait a second, you're telling me that Bryan's push was really just to get HHH and his group over as unbeatable heels? That's worse than the handling of Summer of Punk if that is the case.

it was pretty damn obvious from day one:

reading the last pages about the main event, seems the angle is going perfectly: setting HHH and Steph as mega-heels to be taken down by Cena's triumphant return. DB will be mid-card by Wrestlemania time.

Bryan WM match will be vs Punk, Cena gonna unify the titles and end HHH reign of terror.

Ithil

Personally I'd have Cena keep the WHC title til WM, Punk win the WWE title at TLC or the Rumble, have Bryan win the Rumble, and end up with a Triple Threat title unification match as WM 30's main event.

If a title unification is off the table, then I'd still have the Triple Threat, but have Cena lose the WHC to someone around Rumble time.

Pretty funny that anyone was actually expecting a damn thing from an angle so heavily involving Mr. H's.

Come on, guys. Don't you see? Punk was a skinny fat ass and needed putting in his place, while Brock needed a reality check for daring to think he was better than The Game, and Bryan? Everything H's has done has been to correct our faulty behaviour, I mean, getting behind a vanilla midget to the extent that he's the most over guy in the company. H's must be wondering if we've all lost our god damned minds.

Personally I'd have Cena keep the WHC title til WM, Punk win the WWE title at TLC or the Rumble, have Bryan win the Rumble, and end up with a Triple Threat title unification match as WM 30's main event.

If a title unification is off the table, then I'd still have the Triple Threat, but have Cena lose the WHC to someone around Rumble time.

You'll be lucky to get Team Hell No Redux vs. Real Americans.

somedevil

I don't know if they are going to do unification when they are trying to get a new tv deal for a lot of money right now.

If they go by this Plan Randy Orton is going to need an opponent for TLC and Royal Rumble. I doubt it will be Henry or Sheamus because they are lite on top heels right now.

I like how he gives an overly negative view of local wrestling and makes it appear to be soooo damned difficult to find a consensus on good indie wrestling. Oh no, wait...that's actually what I don't like about it. That, and the complete lack of humour.

Also, for anyone wondering as to which of the 323,000 top indie feds to check out, the answer is PWG.

Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible... #IAmCHIKARA pic.twitter.com/gtLgLYu3Em

BYFnUUsCcAAkjAt.jpg

Bryce Remsburg ‏@dabryceisright 3m
Icarus asked me to show up and bring my referee shirt today. Now it makes sense. FDR Park. Philadelphia. One hour. #IAmCHIKARA

... This is really ramping up to be something really odd and somewhat intriguing.

charsace

Vince was also high on Cesaro and Ryback a year ago. Opinions can change drastically in very little time backstage. Which isn't to say that DBry will end up like Ryder or Ziggler or any other pushes based on flash in the pan crowd responses, just that being popular backstage isn't the best metric to use to determine career trajectory.

Ziggler was buried because the WWE are idiots. He should have stayed a cocky heel and they should let him be himself instead of giving him a script. Maybe after he's successful doing standup how they view him will change.

#ImNotCHIKARA

...but if they ever put on a proper show again? I'll probably buy it.

Watch him invade WrassleGaf Sting-style only for Bootaaay and Dragonzord to pull a 180 and start kissing his ass.

I wouldn't outright tell the artist I dislike his/her work, I have too much class for that, friend bean, but I'm not some sort of star-struck internet dweeb who would do an about-face and change my opinion should the artist ever post here, thank you very much.

tm24

Also, for anyone wondering as to which of the 323,000 top indie feds to check out, the answer is PWG.

I can in fact confirm this to be true

and #lolchikara and #seriouslyQuackjuststoppretendingyoureamaestroofwrestling and #IcarusstoppleasedontbeQuackJr

it's like botchedspot doesn't know how to do any jokes aside from 'lol wrestling fans are hypocrites'

making fun of the marks is as easy as taking candy from a baby. look at the adjective, "taking".

@Ziggler depush

only the internet marks give a fuck about that guy. he couldn't get a reaction from anyone else without a heel valet by his side.

Video of Davey Richards talking about his future at the PCW show earlier this week;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm-Ph5Js7D0

Also, from Meltzer on the Observer board;

They [Edwards & Richards] are in play. It is a very unique situation that is still being played out. The most I can say is the people you would expect not to want them don't, and the people you would expect to want them do. I've continually emphasized that they neither have been turned down, nor signed to a deal. That hadn't changed as of yesterday.

Aiii

So not worth it
Examiner.com is reporting that Hulk Hogan has made a verbal agreement to return to WWE. The article states that a source within WWE is saying that Hogan is officially back with the company but has not signed a legend's deal.

There is talk of Hogan being a surprise entrant in this year's Royal Rumble from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Hogan's name has been used more frequently on WWE television as of late to promote WWE 2K14. With this year being the 30th anniversary of WrestleMania, many reports have stated that Hogan will be contacted by WWE to make an appearance, possibly a match.

Below is an exact quote from the article that is on Examiner.com and their source from WWE:

"We knew this would happen at some point," the source tells Examiner. "It's my understanding that there isn't a contract in place, but there's a verbal agreement that will move forward. It's just a good fit for everybody involved, especially with the milestone WrestleMania 30 coming up. Hogan needed to finish up his stuff with TNA and just come home."

Oh brother.

gurudyne

Does the Punk-Bryan tag team have a ridiculous name yet? If not, suggestions:

Beards of Personality
Team < Shovel
The Examples
Team Gimmicky Dietary Restrictions
The Professional Wrestlers

seems like raiding the indies for the sake of raiding the indies. isn't Davey even smaller than Bryan?

By an inch or so, Eddie's a bit taller, but I doubt either are being looked at as singles wrestlers.

Regardless of how the majority of WrassleGAF feels about the Wolves, I'm sure they could make a great addition to the WWE tag division (of course, I'm not so sure WWE will ever properly book said division...or any of their divisions, for that matter, but that's besides the point) and am pretty sure people would change their tune once we got to see a match like Richards & Edwards vs Rollins & Reigns.

That, or everyone'll just keep posting that no_sell.gif over and over and over whenever Davey Richards is brought up.

Top Bottom