• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Bad Intentions reunion in Bullet Club sounds really good.

BTW, so there's this anime I'm watching this season called Sekai De Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! (roughly translating to I want to be the Best in the World!) where an idol tries to get into joshi. And so far in the 4 episodes I've seen so far the main character is currently on a 50+ match losing streak all via tap out via a Boston Crab (except for the last one where she got pinned after a sit-down powerbomb).

I was thinking, "damn the other wrestlers portrayed in this anime are way better than the Divas).

That and the main character's gym logo reminds me of the CHAOS logo way too much.

1382980_10202476530898723_1757716807_n.jpg

RBH

Hey guys,

Me and maffew from Botchamania are doing a complete catalog and history book on wrestling games and their development. I've already interviewed people like Suda and Kishimoto who designed the Wrestlefest arcade games, so please check it out

brs5EQj.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling

maffew tried signing up here but he was apparently denied. Or else he would be doing this shameless shill.

WTF

This is an outrage.

charsace

Cesaro is midcard for life. Ambrose ditto.

Seth and Roman are the ones that could work.

Seth as a Punk/Hardy hybrid and Roman as a Goldberg style unstoppable face.

All the members of the Shield are gonna be main eventers. They are the most over young 3 man groups since DX debuted. Roman Reigns is the tweener, Rollins is a better version of the Jeff Hardy baby face, and Ambrose is the main event heel that the WWE has been dying for. Cesaro has a good chance of being a main eventer. And another guy that will take off is Sandow since he's so good at getting heat.

Another thing that the Shield and Cesaro have going for them is that women love them. All those guys would get a look for that a lone even if they weren't some of the most promising guys in the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys,

Me and maffew from Botchamania are doing a complete catalog and history book on wrestling games and their development. I've already interviewed people like Suda and Kishimoto who designed the Wrestlefest arcade games, so please check it out

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling

maffew tried signing up here but he was apparently denied. Or else he would be doing this shameless shill.

Yo someone hit up the batsignal and get this confirmed! I'll do the legwork if needed. Hit me via PM on his reg name and email address and I will kindly request him to get pushed through.

somedevil

Some Saturday Newz:

Daniel Bryan is indeed out of the WWE Title picture after the storyline "reset" at last Monday's RAW. For now, there are no plans for Bryan to contend for the championship.

There is at least some talk of putting some contention back on Bryan during WrestleMania season but he is in a program with CM Punk and The Wyatt Family for the next few months.

In WWE's mind, they made Bryan a star and showed the audience that he can hang with their other top Superstars. The storyline is that Bryan couldn't overcome The Authority, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, so later on down the line this can be addressed again.

Basically feuding with the Wyatts till the Royal Rumble season. What will determine Bryans fate his how he does in the Rumble.

strobogo

Banned
Wait a second, you're telling me that Bryan's push was really just to get HHH and his group over as unbeatable heels? That's worse than the handling of Summer of Punk if that is the case.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Wait a second, you're telling me that Bryan's push was really just to get HHH and his group over as unbeatable heels? That's worse than the handling of Summer of Punk if that is the case.

At least the Summer of Punk gave us Kevin Nash. As dumb and ridiculous as it was it was still Kevin Nash.

This garbage just gave us insufferable amounts of the Big Show.

somedevil

They are not quite unbeatable when Bryan beat Orton clean everytime but got screwed. Its not worse than Punk as of now because Bryan hasn't been pinned cleaned in the middle of the ring like Punk and Big Show will be coming up in December by Triple H.

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Hey guys,

brs5EQj.jpg

I just pledged. Can't wait to see it!

But if The Authority is involved in the Bryan WM storyline leading him to winning the title then it'll be all worth it because you can't ask for a better payoff than that. IF he wins Mania.

charsace

Some Saturday Newz:

Basically feuding with the Wyatts till the Royal Rumble season. What will determine Bryans fate his how he does in the Rumble.

Is this surprising? The WWE don't want to push Bryan. He would have had the WWE title already if they didn't try to squash him with Sheamus. The WWE doesn't want Bryan in the main event picture they just want him to give a rub to other guys they want in the main event picture. People shouldn't forget that they fired him at one point and only brought him back because of fan outcry and CM Punk.

Sounds sort of like what they were going to do with Austin in 97-98. They started him off with Bret, then had him get sidetracked with Owen for a few months before he was supposed to go back to Bret and eventually win the WWF Title from him at WM14.

Maffew got turned down?

Fucking bullshit!

Evilore is worst then Triple H.

Please dont bury me Mr Evil :(

Surely we can pull some strings and get the dude through the door? Right. Mods still read this thread right?

DMczaf

Maffew got turned down?

Fucking bullshit!

Evilore is worst then Triple H.

Please dont bury me Mr Evil :(

Surely we can pull some strings and get the dude through the door? Right. Mods still read this thread right?

His name is EviLore! Not EvilOre! You done fucked up now. Do you know how many handshakes and bags you have to carry in order to fix this?!

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Is this surprising? The WWE don't want to push Bryan. He would have had the WWE title already if they didn't try to squash him with Sheamus. The WWE doesn't want Bryan in the main event picture they just want him to give a rub to other guys they want in the main event picture. People shouldn't forget that they fired him at one point and only brought him back because of fan outcry and CM Punk.
And what's worse, is that they stripped him of the title (twice) only to give it to the most boring wrestler on the roster with no real resolution. You'd think a guy who was twice stripped of his title would get some sort of comeuppance, but no. At least not any time soon.

Sigh. Can't help but feel that Kevin Dunn is behind this. I heard that he hates the idea of meeker wrestlers holding the title, let alone be main eventers.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Monday Nitro 7/26/99

Sting is the new boss of WCW. OR IS HE?!? We start with a recap of that match and Bischoff getting powerbombed. Then Arliss and Rodman. Then Hogan and Sid. It all sucked.

Recap of Hennig calling Goldberg out on Thunder. Scott Hudson is again on commentary. Why isn't Tony doing this? He was there last week.

Recap of Goldberg being Goldberg. This shit is okay to do on Thunder, but 3 recap things in a row to start Nitro isn't okay. It's actually a music video to Crush "Em. It also sucks.

TO THE MEAN BROTHERJACKDUDE. Hulk talks about "Kevina". He's got two words for ya: BULL CRAP. He has no partner tonight and will face Nash by himself. This brings Sid, Nash, and Rick Steiner out. Sid and Nash are bros now. Sid tried to kill Nash a month ago. Hogan fights all 3 of them off until they gang up on him. Sting ran out for the save.

Recap of that whole segment that just happened.

Juventud Guerrera/Psychosis vs Kendall Windham/Bobby Duncum Jr.

The first move is Juvi getting his head kicked off. Kendall gets tagged in and does the same thing. Hynpo has a pretty sweet half and half outfit. I will always mark out for half and half lucha masks. A double bulldog ends the match for Hypnosis. It was short and uneventful.

Chad Brock will be performing on Nitro in 2 weeks. YES! I fucking love musical performances on wrestling shows.

TO THE BACK. Mona is doing her hair when Madusa comes in and says they have a match at Road Wild. Then she suggests that all this mess has been caused by George being jealous. Someone's cell phone went off during the segment.

Vampiro vs Rey Mysterio Jr.

ICP is with Vamp. Konnan was concussed last week. Oh hey, the Cruiserweight champ is starting a feud with another heavyweight. Kidman never got his title shot that he earned. I'm not even sure if Rey has made a defense in the last 30 days. Vamp dominates the opening moments until Rey hit a low drop kick. He then hit a wacky bulldog that saw him land in the ropes and bounce off. Vamp hits a gnarly chokeslam. Rey takes ICP out, but is caught in the Nail in the Coffin. He recovers enough to try a super rana, which is blocked and turned into a superbomb. Vamp clearly has the match won when ICP hit the ring and cause a needless DQ. Eddie ran out for a save. Fat Clown said Vamp has friends in wicked places and that they came to kick some ass, not wave their hands.

ibjh0WyMVdIp9Z.gif

ibj0d4sMcDkuLA.gif

VINCE vs Stevie Ray

We're back to another nWo split. I think VINCE is kicking Stevie out of the group. But Stevie's the boss. Stevie knocks the shit out of VINCE until Horace gets involved, which the ref has no problem with. Stevie hits VINCE with both Slapjacks for the win. Booker was at the ramp with a chair holding Crush off.

Scott gets news and sends it back stage.

TO THE BACK. Gene is outside of Hogan's locker room when Sting barges in.

Sting comes to the ring. He's the president. Should a president of a big company be wearing clown make up? He asks the fans if he should be Hogan's partner tonight. This brings Hogan out. He promises not to stab Sting in the back tonight. Sting will be Hulk's partner, but will get Hulk if he screws Sting. Of COURSE Sting is agreeing to be a partner of someone who would SWERVE the shit out of him.

Jason Hervy joins the announce team. He buries both Arliss the character and the actor for being terrible. He's a big Hollywood celebrity and he can do things like that if he wants. He says the best thing about last week's show was Eric Bischoff. Does Nash/Bischoff really think any one gives a shit about Jason Hervy?

TAFKATAFKA vs Lash LeRoux

2000 Thunder main event! Fuck this. These two AND Jason Hervy? Randy Savage hits the ring and causes the match to be thrown out. The elbow is dropped on Lash. He climbs on the announce table and again says he's running for president. Can you imagine Randy Savage with the nuke codes? He says something about Hogan and Rodman. Madusa and Mona came out and say they want to be on Savage's side. "GET OUT OF HERE, YOU'RE FIRED!" Madusa says George is the problem. Security get in the ring to make sure he doesn't slap the shit out of more women on TV. George walks into Dennis Rodman, who steals her much in the same way that Nash did. It was actually worse than Nash since he violently twisted her wrist, which dropped her to the ground in the process. What was the point of pretending to have the match when Savage could come out and do the same thing without having to beat up two young guys for no reason. And was it part of Madusa's plan that Savage would come out during a random cruiser match?

ibwpvVrE7g5Cfc.gif

Kiss will perform on August 23rd.

TO THE BACK
. Randy Savage flips out in the back looking for George and Rodman.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Goldberg comes out and takes the mic from Gene. He's going to fuck Perfect up tonight.

Evan Karagias vs The Cat

Jason apparently is here to promote a TNT movie which DDP was in. He waited for 3 segments to mention it once. He's more annoying that Bischoff despite actually being a significantly better color commentator than Eric. That stupid voice. And that he's on the show at all. Cat went to get his ruby slippers out of the briefcase, only to find bunny slippers. SWERVE. Buff had the real slippers on the stage and Evan rolled Cat up for the win.

irU08cl2Ph9Nj.gif

Mikey Whipwreck vs Steve Regal

They talk about Finlay's injury the prior night in a hardcore match. He had arteries and nerve endings severed in his leg while going through a table. It was thought that he wouldn't wrestle again, but he came back in 2000. All I can see in Scott Dickinson is Rich Evans. Maybe they're brothers. Mikey probably still shouldn't be wrestling 2 weeks removed from a concussion. Regal has a pretty sweet new maroon and gold singlet. As this show is at the Mid South Colosseum (Memphis isn't the Mid South, but whatever), they bring up the Andy Kaufman angle, mentioning Kaufman and Jimmy Hart, but somehow forgetting that other guy who was involved. Jimmy Hart and the First Family came out to the ramp. Jimmy said if they wanted the Hardcore Trophy back, they could come get it at Road Wild. Regal won with the Regal Stretch and Mikey was buried with the Union Jack after the match.

izrvjejepjJY1.gif

TO THE BACK. Goldberg gets pumped up.

KISS hype video.

TO THE MEAN BY GOSH GENE. David Flair gets to do a promo on his own. Chris Benoit challenged David to a title match. He tries to cut a mid 80s Flair promo. It sucked.

TO THE BACK. Savage has George back and is still looking for Rodman. He found him in an RV, but security prevented Savage from getting at Rodman.

TO THE FRANCHISE (HA HAAAA). A montage of a sit down interview with Shane. He came here to cut the cancer of Ric Flair out of WCW for good and couldn't have any 3 guys better to be on his side.

Jason Hervy again lets us know he's still staying!

TO THE BACK. Goldberg headbutts a locker.

iJCVIxd29jFkd.gif

Curt Hennig vs Goldberg

Ugh, Hervy keeps referring to Hudson as "The New Kid". This is Goldberg's first match in 2 1/2 months. Even though there was no injury angle or anything. He just went off TV for 2 1/2 months to make a movie and everyone pretended like he didn't exist. Goldberg destroyed the whole group with ease. He won by DQ when, ever the other 3 Rednecks had all jumped the ring and been disposed of, Hennig THOUGHT about using a chair, but decided to not even bother.

ir152qHgG788Y.gif

Nash/Hogan hype video. A recap of their entire history from Nash's redebut on.

Recap of Rodman/Savage stuff tonight.

Patty Stone Grinder vs Madusa

What a name. It's not Patty "The Stonegrinder" or Patty "The Stone" Grinder. It is Patty Stone Grinder. As if her middle name was Stone and her last name was Grinder. Madusa wins with a German suplex in a quick match.

Chad Brock will be on Nitro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott Putski vs Shane Douglas

Shane won in a way too competitive match with the Pittsburgh Plunge. He also worked and acted like a heel, looked out of shape, and looked to have injured himself already.

iZwWzf37P6CnA.gif

David Flair vs Chris Benoit

The match was cut off this tape, but it looked like David retained after Triad shenanigans.

Chad Bork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chase Tatum vs Rick Steiner WCW TV Championship

I don't even think Chase has had a singles match on TV. Makes sense to give him a title shot. He came out with the camo pants, but his music was generic metal. Rick easily wins.

Sting/Hollywood Hogan vs Kevin Nash/Sid

There are no circumstances that make sense for Hogan and Sting to be teamed up. Hudson says they had their big match at Starrcade in Nashville. It was in Washington D.C. This is amazing. Nash said that Sid was a guy he's known for 9 years and was a close friend. WHAT ABOUT THE LAST MONTH AND A HALF WHERE SID WAS TRYING TO KILL NASH AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY? Nash just let that go? This match is undeniably awful. As is the pairing on each team. Neither side make any sense. There was a ref bump and Rick Steiner came out with a chair. He hit Sting on the floor and tripped Hulk up. Nash hit Hogan with the chair. Hulk was magically bleeding even before the chair hit him. Not only that, but Hogan's blading was clearly caught on camera. Nash pins Hogan. Goldberg came down after the match and was also laid out with a chair. By Rick Steiner. The TV Champion laid out Sting, Goldberg, and Hogan.

ibrBn5hzZzOHyr.gif

i2VkRGVRu0OpO.gif

DQ Count: 3 out of 12 matches.

Shit sucked. Big surprise. Jason Hervy coming out to offer color commentary for most of the show was pretty awful. Especially since his whole point for being out there was to promote a TV movie he produced that DDP was in. He very briefly mentioned it once, not even by name, 3 segments in, and stayed until the end of the show, not once bringing the movie up again. Hogan and Sting team up, which is unacceptable by any margin. Sid and Nash are bros a month removed from Sid trying to kill Nash. Rick Steiner is the most dominant heel in WCW.

Scott Dickinson:
dickinson_scott.jpg

Rich Evans:
l0ph.png

somedevil

He was fired because a sponsor demanded it after the tie incident. So they let him go to get heat off there back and most likely promised him he would be back when the heat dies down. He never talked about the incident or talked bad about the WWE when he went back to the Indies. He knew he would be back and he was in 2 months.

His name is EviLore! Not EvilOre! You done fucked up now. Do you know how many handshakes and bags you have to carry in order to fix this?!

I am going to be stuck on Sunday Night Heat for the rest of my contract now

:(

He should let maffew in. It would be best for business. Think of the co marketing opportunities with wrasslegif-gaf!

Hey guys,

brs5EQj.jpg

Wow, cool.

This would make a great Christmas and Hanukkah gift for all the Christian and Jewish WrassleGaffers on my shopping list.

There are no Christians or Jews in this godforsaken thread.

Whoa, Maffew of Botchamania fame was going to join us here?

Or is this like The Rock coming back to WWE for a couple appearances, some live via satellites, and some "I'm never leaving"?

WTF

This is an outrage.

fc3ac1d70382f7a7b71baabca91cc10d.gif

RBH, you should get your friend, Doc Sampson, to join WrassleGaf.

You guys are just jelly of big time stars like Robert Wurl, Maffew, and Jason Hervey.

http://www.dickscondoms.com/ebayssc/storesocal/wrestling/tnaxtremeautohervey7799.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[I]What would you do if I sang out of tune?[/I]

Also, lol at that effing URL.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Maybe it could be like when Bischoff told everyone his company had purchased WCW, so they let him book shit and be in control backstage when no papers had been signed.

It's so surreal how much this sounds like a wrestling angle but is all too true.

You have a sent home executive who comes in and is booking everything because he fake bought the company. That's not a work brother, that's the shootiest shoot there is.

strobogo

Banned
The best part is that he was in the card pack with the EV2.0 guys, but not the main ones. Guys like Swinger, Nova, Simon Diamond, and Mustafa.

Anth0ny

Some Saturday Newz:

I really think the push is over, fucking Orton or Cena (whoever doesn't have the unified belt) will win the Rumble, and Bryan faces Sheamus at Mania.

Top Bottom