• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

somedevil

Hey for people would you rather have him as the champion rather than Orton?

So what do you guys think the chance of a Michaels/Bryan match at Wrestlemania is? It'd be a good story and match if done correctly.

So far my guess at the Wrestlemania card is:

Del Rio/ wet paper sack (Sheamus maybe?)
Brock/Punk II
Michaels/Bryan
Bray Wyatt/Undertaker (provided he continues to properly build his character)
Cena/Orton title unification
Triple H Vs. Vince in an exploding limo match

So they're streaming some CHIKARA thing at FDR Park in Philly.

They have a ring set up. And the stream is from an iPhone.

WOO EDGY

WOO EDGY

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/the-chikarmed-forces-network

CHIKARA LIVES!!!

I like how the chat's full of people spilling the rumours about Quack fucking Saturyne and his rich wife (who apparently owns some of the rights to the CHIKARA name) divorcing him and instigating this hilarious cycle of events.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Why they didn't have cesaro throw the US title in the trash and bring out the European title

. I'll never know

It's on the same level of naming a team Real Americans and then not using Real American as a theme.

It's not like they haven't used it for a heel tag team before either!

WOO EDGY

You're right. Let's all watch some dudes no sell finishers and kick each other in the head. I have been enjoying all of this thoroughly. It's different, no other indie has the balls to try something like this, but it's cooler to just make fun of them. I feel bad for the people who thought any of it was anything besides a storyline. Marks.

20131101_221231_zps8deb503d.jpg

Greatest night of my life last night!

strobogo

Banned
Ziggler was buried because the WWE are idiots. He should have stayed a cocky heel and they should let him be himself instead of giving him a script. Maybe after he's successful doing standup how they view him will change.

Ziggler buried himself by bitching on Twitter and for real burying his co-workers every week during shows, also on Twitter. A pretty dumb idea, especially when the guys he would make fun of and shit talk every week are top guys like Orton and Cena. Of course management isn't going to be happy with a guy who is supposed to be a big face openly shitting on their top guys DURING shows.

It's the same kind of thing Ryder got depushed for. He just couldn't keep from publicly bitching because he didn't like how things were going for him. Instead of keeping that an internal thing, he felt he had to do it on Twitter every day and be a fucking baby about everything.

You're right. Let's all watch some dudes no sell finishers and kick each other in the head. I have been enjoying all of this thoroughly. It's different, no other indie has the balls to try something like this, but it's cooler to just make fun of them. I feel bad for the people who thought any of it was anything besides a storyline. Marks.

I'm glad someone's enjoying it, but I just want to watch some CHIKARA and everything that's happened from the end of Anniversario on to today has only impeded that and soured my opinion of this storyline. The underground, fan-driven aspect of it reminds me very much of Project 161, only ROH didn't have to entirely shut down the promotion to make it work.

20131101_221231_zps8deb503d.jpg

Greatest night of my life last night!

You are a fool if you think they're doing this because they wanted to, not, you know...because it got closed.

Friends of mine had dreams ruined because of this garbage, so take your hipster indy bullshit out the door because I've got zero fucking patience for shit like this.

The dream is dead. Move on with your life.

Just watch AIW or other indies instead of supporting this dreck.

A lot of hypocrites here. There would be a 20 page thread if John Cena quit the business....
and it would just be filled with pictures of Bo Dallas.

Ziggler buried himself by bitching on Twitter and for real burying his co-workers every week during shows, also on Twitter. A pretty dumb idea, especially when the guys he would make fun of and shit talk every week are top guys like Orton and Cena. Of course management isn't going to be happy with a guy who is supposed to be a big face openly shitting on their top guys DURING shows.

It's the same kind of thing Ryder got depushed for. He just couldn't keep from publicly bitching because he didn't like how things were going for him. Instead of keeping that an internal thing, he felt he had to do it on Twitter every day and be a fucking baby about everything.

There's a time and a way to go about such things. Vince McMahon LIKES when people have the balls to stand up and say such things to the faces of those at the top, rather than passive aggressively bitching about it on social media. If the Punk documentary is correct, the former is how we got the Straight Edge Society; the latter, if dirt sheets are correct, is how we got a Ziggler-Orange Pants Kofi tag team.

I think alot of people just have trouble coming to terms with the fact that WWE is a machine, not just a wrestling promotion. What seems logical really might not be BEST FOR BUSINESS, sometimes. Machine logic is difficult for us HU-MONS to understand or find fair.

G-Fex

Look in Sunflowers eyes, what do you see?

The cult of muscularity.

He posts the bodies, you want to see.

Like Dave Bautista, or Bob Lashley

The cult of muscularity.

I like these Icarus ashes videos and thr hardcore title stuff but that's about it.

A promotion killing itself is not ballsy it's dumb. Going from 200 people to 20 is bad for business.

Not having a KOT this year bad for business .

Also I'm still salty they pulled this shit when I was going to go to live event

strobogo

Banned
There's a time and a way to go about such things. Vince McMahon LIKES when people have the balls to stand up and say such things to the faces of those at the top, rather than passive aggressively bitching about it on social media. If the Punk documentary is correct, the former is how we got the Straight Edge Society; the latter, if dirt sheets are correct, is how we got a Ziggler-Orange Pants Kofi tag team.

I think alot of people just have trouble coming to terms with the fact that WWE is a machine, not just a wrestling promotion. What seems logical really might not be BEST FOR BUSINESS, sometimes. Machine logic is difficult for us HU-MONS to understand or find fair.

Punk bitched to Vince personally. Not on Twitter for hundreds of thousands of people to read. It makes me think of how Hogan went on radio shows and out right buried guys in general and specific people in 1999/2000, but he could get away with it because he's Hulk Hogan. Dudes today don't understand the different for some reason.

Aiii

So not worth it
There are enough redeeming qualities in Cena to warrant a sentence of due respect before I celebrate in the Cena retirement OT thread
30 years from now

Punk bitched to Vince personally. Not on Twitter for hundreds of thousands of people to read. It makes me think of how Hogan went on radio shows and out right buried guys in general and specific people in 1999/2000, but he could get away with it because he's Hulk Hogan. Dudes today don't understand the different for some reason.

Yep, every single worked shoot in WWE is the result of Vince going, "you got a problem? Fine, go out there and speak your mind." One of his better qualities I'd say. The guy likes honesty.

Look in Sunflowers eyes, what do you see?

The cult of muscularity.

He posts the bodies, you want to see.

Like Dave Bautista, or Bob Lashley

The cult of muscularity.
bulging biceps,
rippling thighs,
When Sunflower posts,
an angel dies...

All his posts
you don't have to read,
seeing pec pops
will set you free...

somedevil

The newest rumor who wants to buy TNA:

WrestleChat.net have reported in a major break that Billy Corgan, the front man for Smashing Pumpkins, is the leading candidate to buy or invest within TNA.

Brett Clendaniel, who runs WrestleChat, has spoken with two different sources about the current situation and told him that "talks with Corgan have reached a“significant stage” and the deal is “his for the taking” if he wants it."

Corgan, a massive wrestling fan himself, is noted for his running of Resistance Pro which is a Chicago based wrestling company. It's also well documented that Corgan knows alot of people within the industry.

The two sources were later asked if Corgan would be a good leader for TNA that he would give the company "an initial jolt" but didn't know about the long term due to Corgan having to tour and record.

This follows Janice Carter earlier today saying that "TNA is definitely not for sale" that was sent as an internal memo to TNA employees.

Pizoxuat

Man, I don't get this Chikara stuff. It's a shame because I made my first attempt to watch it the night to shut down/this storyline started. I've been enjoying the hell out of the back catalog. But this shut down stuff isn't interesting at all, and I'm unsure what I should be investing my time in otherwise.

Ithil

seems like raiding the indies for the sake of raiding the indies. isn't Davey even smaller than Bryan?

Apparently the interest is in Davey and Eddie both as a tag team. They haven't taken up any indie tag teams during this current wave (they have both Cesaro and Ohno but they've not been together at all).

Well that's my point. It makes Ziggler look like a wuss who can't stand up to Vince and Haitch himself and has to rely on smarky internet fans to champion him. In an industry where "paying your dues" is still bizarrely relevant, that's a BIG no-no.

Granted, it's not his fault he got stuck in the "happy smiley face" era of WWE, where a good-looking cocky underdog is apparently not considered marketable, but he only made things worse for himself by trying to go Full Ryder. You NEVER go Full Ryder.

Still, even despite all that bullshit, it seems like he might have gotten an okay push on Smackdown had he not gotten concussed. Fuckin' Swagger, man, how did anybody ever think he was a potential star? Can't talk, can't wrestle. Dude is like a proto-Ryback, except Ryback eventually got okay on the mic.

BTW, does anybody still find it kinda funny that Ryback arguably gave the best "face" promo of the year when he spent six minutes proving, with video evidence, what a self-absorbed asshole John Cena is?

Well that's my point. It makes Ziggler look like a wuss who can't stand up to Vince and Haitch himself and has to rely on smarky internet fans to champion him. In an industry where "paying your dues" is still bizarrely relevant, that's a BIG no-no.

Granted, it's not his fault he got stuck in the "happy smiley face" era of WWE, where a good-looking cocky underdog is apparently not considered marketable, but he only made things worse for himself by trying to go Full Ryder. You NEVER go Full Ryder.

Still, even despite all that bullshit, it seems like he might have gotten an okay push on Smackdown had he not gotten concussed. Fuckin' Swagger, man, how did anybody ever think he was a potential star? Can't talk, can't wrestle. Dude is like a proto-Ryback, except Ryback eventually got okay on the mic.

BTW, does anybody still find it kinda funny that Ryback arguably gave the best "face" promo of the year when he spent six minutes proving, with video evidence, what a self-absorbed asshole John Cena is?
Yeah that Ryback promo running down Cena was good. He was right, dammit!

And Swagger's promo where he was bragging about all his trophies was great! Kinda. He's a pretty bad talker, but that promo was entertaining. I feel like he can wrestle alright when he's working with someone good. That monster heel run after he came back was not it. His match with Sami Zayn was awesome though, almost as good as the Cesaro ones. Only time i've been convinced by his ankle lock (though Sami is a good seller, so).

You are a fool if you think they're doing this because they wanted to, not, you know...because it got closed.

Friends of mine had dreams ruined because of this garbage, so take your hipster indy bullshit out the door because I've got zero fucking patience for shit like this.

The dream is dead. Move on with your life.

Just watch AIW or other indies instead of supporting this dreck.

I would say your "friends" are full of it. At the very least it would seem the promotion is trying anything to get going again at no cost to any talent that doesn't want to participate. They don't owe anyone anything. They could just fold up shop like any other business that goes under. Or its just one big angle that doesn't seem to be hurting anyone since wrestlers are getting booked else where while it plays out. Pretty well in some places for some of the talent. Meanwhile I will enjoy Ultra Mantis Black in AIW thank you!

Good eye, I think I might petition to change my name to Mr. Bean or Shane McMahon.

hL3Wp.gif

Fave Five WrassleGaf Usernames:

5.) jmdajr

4.) darkside37337

3.) jred2k

2.) Toki767

1.) Jeff Albertson

Yay somebody remembers me (wish I could post more during live events its sucks catching up on raw alone)

Sanjuro

HULK HOGAN VS PUNK

ULTIMATE WARRIOR COMES IN AND ATTACKS HOGAN

MEAN GENE VS HOWARD FINKLE IN A TUXEDO MATCH

Dreams are possible.

I would say your "friends" are full of it. At the very least it would seem the promotion is trying anything to get going again at no cost to any talent that doesn't want to participate. They don't owe anyone anything. They could just fold up shop like any other business that goes under. Or its just one big angle that doesn't seem to be hurting anyone since wrestlers are getting booked else where while it plays out. Pretty well in some places for some of the talent. Meanwhile I will enjoy Ultra Mantis Black in AIW thank you!

I'll let some of your snarky bullshit slide because I'm not four years old. But the 'friends' I'm referring to include, but are not limited to, people I trained with for nearly two years at the Wrestle Factory.

I am glad you are a fan of CHIKARA, and enjoyed the hard work that they have put in over the years. But your blase attitude towards this current situation is at best, offensive to me, and at worst, astoundingly disrespectful to them.

I am very jovial in here, because wrestling is supposed to be fun, and in here, it is. But this is an extemely sore spot for me. The situation is this way because the company, for whatever reason, could not continue to run.?

It is great that you love wrestling, like I did. But you know nothing. So don't speak of it.

We're done here. Don't bother replying.

strobogo

Banned
I'll let some of your snarky bullshit slide because I'm not four years old. But the 'friends' I'm referring to include, but are not limited to, people I trained with for nearly two years at the Wrestle Factory.

I am glad you are a fan of CHIKARA, and enjoyed the hard work that they have put in over the years. But your blase attitude towards this current situation is at best, offensive to me, and at worst, astoundingly disrespectful to them.

I am very jovial in here, because wrestling is supposed to be fun, and in here, it is. But this is an extemely sore spot for me. The situation is this way because the company, for whatever reason, could not continue to run.?

It is great that you love wrestling, like I did. But you know nothing. So don't speak of it.

We're done here. Don't bother replying.

ilyy7sX6koWIm.gif

Cena hasnt buried Hogan yet.... that could work.

But at most all I expect from Hogan is a appearance to squash the real americans and then random appearances to promote stuff

strobogo

Banned
Hogan is probably the weirdest looking model in all of 2K14. Ryback looks MUCH better than what trailers showed him as. I think they used the 2K13 model as a place holder. Most of the dudes look pretty good except for Hogan. Andre's legs look weird and Savage's hair looks off. I guess retro Flair looks pretty odd as well, but most guys look pretty decent. Hogan looks like he was based on that terrifying wax statue of him. Dean Ambrose looks JUST LIKE Nic Cage, though.

Top Bottom