• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
I had a super fun Orton/D-Bryne falls count anywhere match in the main event of Raw. Went 15 minutes in real time, there was an RKO on a trash can, a diving headbutt through a table, Kane was attacked before the match, and I (D-Bryne) won OUTTA NOWHERE with a small package. Best match I've played in a WWE game in many a year.

DMczaf

How is big show still getting tv time as a fired employee? Does that mean John Morrison or Jeff Hardy can show up in their car and drive to the ring and not get arrested?

Nerdkiller

Membeur
How is big show still getting tv time as a fired employee? Does that mean John Morrison or Jeff Hardy can show up in their car and drive to the ring and not get arrested?
Remember that time when John Cena wouldn't go one week off of being on RAW when the Nexus got him fired? Yeah, WWE doesn't do firing angles well.

strobogo

Banned
For pretty much my whole life I've assumed My Dinner with Andre was a Billy Crystal movie about Andre The Giant. I guess I figured it was like My Breakfast with Blassie.

DominoKid

alright i started back watching wrestling regularly after SummerSlam and something's really been bothering me.

what's the match logic behind bending over when your opponent is coming off the ropes?

even looking back at older matches it happens a lot but i just notice it more now than i did when i was a kid. it goes wrong far more than it ever goes right. most of the time it just ends up in a free shot for the opponent.

XenoRaven

It's super late and this would probably be better saved for the morning but I'm curious. Among some of the new blood on the main roster, who would you say has the brightest future? I'm going to do a top 5.

5. Antonio Cesaro
4. Seth Rollins
3. Luke Harper
2. Dean Ambrose
1. Roman Reigns

Number 5 was really tough for me. I was thinking Sandow, or maybe Bray Wyatt, or even Titus O'Neil. Of those three and Cesaro, I think Cesaro has the most natural ability. I think his time will come eventually, and when it does, I think he's best equipped to take advantage. I'm still not convinced Sandow failing to cash in is a burial. The guy has a ton of talent and is one of the biggest personalities on the roster right now in my opinion.

Cesaro is midcard for life. Ambrose ditto.

Seth and Roman are the ones that could work.

Seth as a Punk/Hardy hybrid and Roman as a Goldberg style unstoppable face.

Toki767

Rollins isn't going to end up breaking through even though he might be the best worker out of the Shield.

I'd probably replace him with Wyatt.

1. Roman Reigns, unless they shove him into the main event picture right away like the dirt sheets say
2. Antonio Cesaro - surely they're gonna take notice eventually
3. Seth Rollins - he can't talk, but he can get that Jeff Hardy appeal, though i don't think he'll be a main event level guy
4. Dean Ambrose - He CAN talk, but I feel like he's gonna have a harder time than the other Shield dudes to get as over, but that just might be WWE Heel Problems
5. Big E Langston

Honorable mentions to Sandow and Luke Harper. It was tough between E and Sandow, E still has stuff to learn but he'll do alright; meanwhile, it's gonna take quite a bit to recover from the failed cash-in. Bray isn't as good as Harper in the ring, but he's good as his character, so it depends on how long that lasts. Rowan straight up sucks, if he goes solo he won't last long.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
5 page thread about a journalist quitting his job
f6VzheW.gif

These are the five guys I see getting pushed for the next 5 to 10 years

1. John Cena
2. HHH
3. Sheamus
4. Roman Reigns
5. El Torrito

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Anyone mess with this one yet?

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/naglmgdpckcnaajjhdhhjfdmgpbockkn

Slammed! is an epic interactive professional-wrestling novel by Paolo Chikiamco, where your choices determine how the story proceeds. The game is entirely text-based--without graphics or sound effects--but driven by the vast, unstoppable power of your imagination.

There's never been a professional wrestling game like this, a game where the outcome of your final match, your choice of opponent, and your relationships affect the ending. When's the last time you played a pro-wrestling RPG with a "kayfabe" stat?--or where your trash-talking "promo" ability is as important as your core strength and wrestling technique?

* Enjoy a 250,000-word personal tale of friendship, competition, and revenge.
* Develop not only your physical abilities, but a favored wrestling style.
* Become a heroic face, or a villainous heel--or even turn heel.
* Turn a scripted match into a real fight--and vice versa.
* Decide when to keep kayfabe, and when to break it.
* Play as male or female, gay or straight.

Along with the Chrome Web Store link above it looks like the game is also available on Android, iOS, and the Kindle Store. Looks like it's around 4 bucks.

Browser demo: https://www.choiceofgames.com/slammed/

zzghzOW.png

3l9Hz8J.png

WWE have a bunch of guys who they clearly wont let near the title. If they got the mid card booking sorted they would have something real great.

Shame they can only ever do 1 or 2 storylines at a time and the rest of the show is tossed together at the last minute.

They have enough people to make the IC and US titles feel important again but the booking isnt there.

G-Fex

WWE have a bunch of guys who they clearly wont let near the title. If they got the mid card booking sorted they would have something real great.

Shame they can only ever do 1 or 2 storylines at a time and the rest of the show is tossed together at the last minute.

They have enough people to make the IC and US titles feel important again but the booking isnt there.

I think the Big E /Ambrose feud is headed in the right direction. Now they need something more to get things rolling.

G-Fex

I think Fandango needs to feud with someone instead of these one off matches.

Something good that'll bring out the cruelty(?) of Fandango and get him heat as well as put out a good match. I'm not sure what that would be but it can't be Santino!

Yeah. His feuds with phoned-in Jericho and the poor man's phoned-in Jericho were bad and did nothing for him. I don't think he's unsalvageable as a serious competitor but having him as the "decent filler match guy" ain't gonna do anything either. He can feud with Big E.

right sorry. I missed when he debuted last year and such.

The day they gave him a wrestling valet was the day hes mixed tag career began.

And sadly, I do not see him being anything more that a joke character with that gimmick. And thanks to that gimmick he will always be Fandango in the WWE. No amount of gimmick changes is going to change that.

G-Fex

The day they gave him a wrestling valet was the day hes mixed tag career began.

And sadly, I do not see him being anything more that a joke character with that gimmick. And thanks to that gimmick he will always be Fandango in the WWE. Not a mount of gimmick changes is going to change that.

You're probably right. People would keep doing the dodododododo thing.

Dioblastoise

Neo Member
alright i started back watching wrestling regularly after SummerSlam and something's really been bothering me.

what's the match logic behind bending over when your opponent is coming off the ropes?

even looking back at older matches it happens a lot but i just notice it more now than i did when i was a kid. it goes wrong far more than it ever goes right. most of the time it just ends up in a free shot for the opponent.

I'm fairly certain the bending over after whipping opponent is to telegraph a back body drop. Heels fail because they do it to early while a face lands it to start their comeback.

KissVibes

Banned
By TNA or Billy Corgan?

As a long time Smashing Pumpkins fan I can tell you without the shadow of a doubt the man makes stupid decisions all the time. BUT, he's not an idiot.

What other good options does TNA have?

What would he be getting by buying TNA? A TV deal that may not last? A handful decent talents who MAY want to stick around? Christian's glorious NWA champion reign?

The TNA brand is poison. It's been a joke for too long that even Billy Corgan, who seems like a guy the likes solid wrasslin', cannot turn the ship around?

Striker

Naomi looked good vs. Aksana in that Smackdown match. Only saw clips on Youtube but she's got nice moves. Should sorta get away as the cheerleader/valet of a joke character dinosaur though.

Top Bottom