• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

I need Wrasslin-Connoisseur-GAF to help me.

Great Norman Smiley matches NO LATER THAN 1997?

'Black Magic' Norman Smiley vs Kazuo Yamazaki - (UWF 06/11/88)

*edit, damn yoouuuuu slightconfuse!

Block D. This one's odd - 2 Shield members in the Four Way, Luke Harper buried. We'd probably see a spear-into-RKO somewhere for Roman, as much as I like him and I know he is the best member of the Shield I can't see him winning that. I could see them putting Dean over as he's more of a mastermind-style for Shield shenanigans. I dunno!

I actually saw this one as Dean & Roman working together, only for Roman to spear Dean out of nowhere and take the win. It wouldn't really be a burial of Harper, as the Shield members overwhelm him and Orton can't be trusted enough to team up with.

Vince McMahon said:
At the end of it all though - can people buy Cesaro beating Lesnar? We know Lesnar can work his ASS off bumping for people and selling for them. Maybe go with a "Roman Reigns speared Lesnar so hard, he has taped ribs" stuff and let that be his weakness for Cesaro to capitalize on?

Yeah, that's a good idea. I wanted to have hints of a Reigns face turn, first by sneaking a win over Dean and secondly by putting up a hell of a spirited fight against the beast Brock Lesnar, only to fall short of the mark, but doing damage to Lesnar in the process. Bryan and Cesaro would have a technical masterpiece, but Bryan would ultimately underestimate Cesaro's freakish strength and fall prey to a neutralizer. Then the final could be an injured Brock vs Cesaro, which I imagine would be a pretty amazing 15-20 minute match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Aw SHIT, I'm ready for this Norman match. I've seen him before in a bunch of matches as Black Magic, he's always a lot of fun to watch. It's just been a LONG time since I saw some Black Magic. Really fun technician, thanks for the link.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Monday Nitro 9/20/99

The Thunder taping had to be canceled due to Hurricane Floyd, which meant that Thunder was a review show mixed with big PPV matches and Nitro main events over the past few months. That means I didn't have to watch it!

Recap of last week's show. Then the video that posits that Sting's heel turn was the final piece of a 3 year revenge plot. Sting will defend his title against Chris Benoit tonight. We'll see. Goldberg will be in action.

Juventud Guerrera/Psychosis vs Rey Mysterio Jr./Kidman

Kidman starts with Hypnosis. Juvi has his own tights this week and didn't slip on the stage, so it is a big week for him. Fans are really hot tonight. I wonder how long it will take for them to be dead. They do the same spots and double team moves they do in every match against each other. YOU CAN'T POWERBOMB KIDMAN! Fuck, how many times is Hypno going to try to powerbomb Kidman? Kidman went up for the SSP. Juvi shoved him off the ropes into a Hypno dropkick. That was enough to pin Kidman. Eddie and Konnan came out and to attack Juvi/Hypno. Kidman tries to rip Hypno's mask off like a total dick head. Chavo ran out to stop him, then got into a shove fest with the Filthy Animals. THEN, Chavo volunteered a Psychosis vs Kidman Hair vs Mask match for next week.

iYuOpTmH0MCtN.gif

Recap of Sid being Sid and Goldberg interrupting a match to chastise Sid for interrupting matches.

Brian Knobs vs Goldberg

Jimmy and Knobs called Goldberg out for interrupting Jerry Flynn's match last week. Knobs hit Goldberg with a chair FIVE times in front of the ref, who didn't give a fuck. Jimmy got in the ring and Knobs used the megaphone, also right in front of the ref. Spear and jackhammer for the win. Lol at the camera man going to a shot of a Steve Austin mask and Bobby claiming kids were going to go as Goldberg for Halloween. Goldberg shit talked Sid after the match, calling him a little girl. And now that Sid has the US Championship, he wants that belt.

ibonGsKm6nOrrq.gif

Revolution hype video.

Dean/Benoit recap from last week.

TO THE MEAN BY GOD GENE. I have to lol at Flair coming back last week, getting his ass kicked, all for Hulk Hogan to come out and make a save. Flair wants Sting tonight. Chris Benoit comes out instead. Flair can get a shot at Sting after he beats him tonight. Flair doesn't give a fuck about contracts. He's going to find Sting.

Diva Search video. Kim and Tygress announce the NC winner and then we get to see the the Cincinnati finalists. Tony or Bobby loudly hacked something up during this.

Chris Benoit vs Sting WCW Championship

Brain says how stupid it was of Benoit to let Sting know that Revolution members wouldn't be around. Next week, Hogan/Flair/Hart vs Sting/Lex/DDP! To my knowledge, I think this is Benoit's first ever title shot at the big one. He might have had one against The Giant, though. Not sure. Sting knocks Benoit to the floor on two exchanges. He then no sells a Northern lights suplex and dropkicks Benoit back to the floor. Benoit says fuck that shit and starts working over the knee of Sting. Can't dropkick with one leg, dick. Tree of Keanu dropkick. Sting dodges the second one and rams Benoit's legs/taint into the ring post, completely no selling the leg work. Sting totally botches what I think was supposed to be the Steiner reverse Oklahoma stampede. You know what's really weird? When Sting is a face, he is dead in 3 minutes. When he's a heel, he no sells everything. He's really not giving Benoit much, which is weird. He misses a Stinger Splash and Benoit hits the diving headbutt. Sting kicks out. Three Amigos into the Iron Crossface. Sting was near the ropes. Ref bump. Piledriver from Benoit, which was definitely not a normal move from him. Benoit has a visual pin on a German suplex (even though Sting was in the ropes), but Lex came out and hit Benoit with a bat. Ref woke up to count the pin, even though he was facing Benoit's feet and could not have seen if both shoulders were down. Flair ran out. DDP followed him and gave him a Kanyon Cutter. BANG! Hogan eventually hobbles out. To save...Chris Benoit? Not really. He came to check on Flair and didn't really even pay attention to Benoit being in the ring. Match was weird. Sting just straight no sold a lot of Benoit's offense and controlled most of the match on the mat, which makes little sense to me. At least Benoit got a visual victory over Sting.

i633HE2GJ66Hx.gif

i3bj1a6Yfzzng.gif

Berlyn video, which starts out with Wagnerian music that abruptly cuts to Rammstein styled music.

Berlyn vs Scott Armstrong

Flair/DDP should happen later tonight. Berlyn pretty easily won with a neck breaker. He kept a beat down going after the match, until Brad Armstrong hit the ring, looking like a skinny Tommy Dreamer. I know that's hard to imagine, but that's what he looked like.

EARLIER TODAY. ICP and Vamp arrived on ICP's tour bus. Vamp and Fat Clown are hyping Skinny Clown up on how to win the Cruiserweight Championship tonight.

Recap of Ric Flair getting his ass kicked last week.

TO THE MEAN SCUM. DDP calls Flair old and says it is time to retire. Remember just a few months ago when DDP was gladly Ric Flair's muscle? Now he hates Flair again.

Recap of Saturn vs Eddie from last week.

Blitzkrieg vs Evan Karagias

Evan won. Blitz didn't get to do anything cool. What's the point of booking him then? Sid came out and killed both guys after the match. Sid agrees to a match with Goldberg at Halloween Havoc. But only if Goldberg stays away from him and doesn't touch him before then.

Saturn vs Eddie Guerrero

A rematch from last week. Things get heated early on, with both groups getting on the apron. Springboard tornado DDT from Eddie. Gargoyle suplex from Saturn. Huge flying elbow from Saturn. Shane Douglas is already injured. Dude has been in WCW for like 2 months and has a big pad on his left arm, which is bent and tucked next to his body. Konnan throws Saturn back in the ring. Saturn then shoves Konnan and a brawl erupts on the floor. Shane gets in the ring and hits Eddie with a chain. Saturn isn't happy about it, but makes the cover to win the match.

i60EB80alOPjb.gif

TO THE MEANBROTHERJACKDUDE.
Gene has been told that Hogan is the real people's champion. Hulk never thought he and Bret would have anything in common, but now they do. And Ric Flair getting beat up was just too much for both of them to take. Remember earlier in the year when Hulk Hogan strapped the ever loving fuck out of David Flair while Ric was handcuffed and forced to watch? And then had David turn on Ric just to fuck with him? Or that 10 minute nWo beat down in a field where they literally left Ric for dead? Hulk doesn't.

ICP music video. It's terrible.

Shaggy 2 Dope vs Lenny WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Gross. Vamp/ICP come out with big signs that say RADIO FEARS ICP and YOUR MAMA FEARS ICP. Tony Mamaluke again hit the ring and was decked by Lodi before being handcuffed by security and taken out of the buidling. The first move of the match is an Emerald Flowsion from Skinny Clown. He also did a running Liger Bomb. Lenny knocked Skinny Clown into Lodi, who fell into Fat Clown and Vamp. I guess this knocked Skinny Clown out. Title retained.

TO THE MEAN GENE.
Rick Steiner? Fuck. Rick has respect for only 2 men, Sid and his brother Scott. He then brings out Scott Steiner, who has been out for months with no mention. The sheets say he's been making a movie. That reminds me, Universal Soldier wasn't mentioned on screen once. Megadeath performed the single from the soundtrack, Goldberg was in the movie and used the theme as entrance music, but no one actually said anything about the movie or when it came out. Goldberg's absence while shooting the movie was never explained on TV. They did something similar for Kanyon while he was working on the Jesse Ventura movie. DDP mentioned it off hand once, but it was never promoted on screen. Anyway, Scott Steiner is coming for Wilt Chamberlain's pussy crushing record. Scott Steiner just found out last week that the nWo is dead and Hulk Hogan is a face. Nice to say he hasn't even been keeping up with the show during his time off.

ib1OGnXXExXwfO.gif

Kanyon vs Booker T.

Kanyon didn't get a chance to ask The Question, and also came out with a bottle of SURGE. He has a terrible new hair cut. Sting has the same one. It's pretty much a full on mullet. Looks really bad. Stevie is out with Booker. No one is out with Kanyon. They have a short match, with Booker easily winning after a missile dropkick.

DDP vs Ric Flair

Flair attacks DDP during his entrances and brawls with him in the crowd and all the way to the ring. They also have a short match. Sting ran out and got put in the figure four. Lex broke it up and caused a DQ. Hogan ran in and got hit in the knee with a bad. GOOD. FUCK YOU, BROTHER. Flair dove on top of Hulk to save him, which is just ridiculous. Ric should put slapped the figure four on right then and there.

iCJXjLY1KpLjt.gif

DQ Count: 1 out of 9 matches.

Man, Hogan and Flair standing up for each other is even worse than Hogan being sudden bros with Goldberg and Sting. Just totally unacceptable. I do like that Hogan drops the title and the next week the title match is an hour 1 main event.

Oh My!
Vince McMahon has become ill and was just about to make a King of the Ring bracket for the next set of Raws, culminating with the finals on PPV! Only you can book this!

Please create a tournament bracket that you would use, and a clear direction for the storyline with a new King of the Ring!

I might take a crack at this in a bit, but it'd be hard to top the big bad Bootaaay daddy's booking

Yeah, that's a good idea. I wanted to have hints of a Reigns face turn, first by sneaking a win over Dean and secondly by putting up a hell of a spirited fight against the beast Brock Lesnar, only to fall short of the mark, but doing damage to Lesnar in the process. Bryan and Cesaro would have a technical masterpiece, but Bryan would ultimately underestimate Cesaro's freakish strength and fall prey to a neutralizer. Then the final could be an injured Brock vs Cesaro, which I imagine would be a pretty amazing 15-20 minute match.

tumblr_m8wnvr88o51rrdvx9o1_250.gif

bjork

My king of the ring winner would be Billy Gunn. I don't even know how he'd get on the show and in the brackets, but just to shake things up.

Kaladin

You know what blows my mind? On Black Friday, a 70" TV is available for the same price I paid for my 40" TV several years ago.......also just the idea of a 70" TV blows my mind as well.

Tyson Kidd lost to Justin Gabriel on Main Event. What are they doing with this guy? Is he gonna get frustrated by his losing streak and turn heel or something? That'd be dumb. Dumb dumb dumb.

I am almost positive that Truth was in the Kofi spot on that poster before.

I fully expect he'll be replaced by Big E within the next month or so.

Fake edit: This is the poster I was thinking of
wmtravel.png

Sheamus, Ziggler, and Truth all digivolved. Truth was more of a lateral move though.

Wait... AJ is a minority of some sort right? Just toss her up there. Give her a kimono or a taco or geisha paint something to drive the point home.

bjork

They need to replace Del Rio with Jimmy Wang Yang or whatever.

I don't catch the shows often, but Del Rio is like the dullest shit ever.

Haven't been keeping up with the thread just wanted to post that I was in the toy isle looking at wwe figures, and helped a lady find a big show toy for her grand kid. Blahhhh well it's a big shoe. It's a big bad shoe tonight.

Anyway the real news is that I found a dean Ambrose figure. Also wwe be trolling Ziggler, his new figure comes with whc and the BUTT CAPE. I almost bought it just for that.

Well back to work

bjork

I was down to buy a Warrior figure that I saw, but his tassels are part of the mold and painted on? Fuck that. Jakks at least had cloth ones... and I still have like four different Jakks warrior figures..

Top Bottom