• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Alucard

Banned
Good TV main event, although kind of weird that Aries would tap to the crossface after clearly selling his ankle for the last 5-10 minutes. Ah well, it still worked.

Another solid Impact. Was going to be hard to top last week, but it was still entertaining and moved at a good clip.

It's pretty sad that Impact was probably the most entertaining show on Spike tonight, and I didn't even watch it.

Fucking conniving Doritos Pope Keighly piece of shit. Never listening to him again.

strobogo

Banned
If you want glitches, try moves on the steps. That's where most of mine have come from. I also had one where Cesaro gave me a Very European Uppercut and I ended up in the back of the arena.

When I started NXT, I was thinking that Charlotte should turn heel. She was a bitch to Bayley for no reason last week, and also she's not getting over well as a babyface anymore. Plus, they're low on heel women at the moment in NXT and I don't wanna see Aksana back.
and then she actually turned!

Aiden English is THE BEST. Regal gushing over Aiden English is THE BEST. Camacho and Mason Ryan being back... eh. Although I hear Hunico is back as well, which is awesome, and in this episode, Mason Ryan was almost over! I'll take that as an improvement.

And shit, I've turned hard on Corey Graves and so has the NXT crowd. He works the leg a lot and all but, well, his offense just looks like shit and his personality is "knuckle tats." It was a good match though! Neville is pretty great at selling, which is good because he has no personality and is a bad bad promo guy. Makes him easier to get behind.

DiscoJon

Banned
Holy crap the install on 2K14 is slooooooooooow. Honestly though, I'm not surprised. Thanks, Yukes!

Edit: TEN MINUTES. A ten minute install?!? WTF am I back in 2008 playing MGS4 again???

Hasney

Played some 2k14 over at a friends. Universe can still fuck off, way too many submission matches.

Only thing I really liked are the finishers against someone doing a flying move. Got hit with sweet chin music off the top rope and didn't even try kicking out, just let it be the finish of the match.

Kaladin

Played some 2k14 over at a friends. Universe can still fuck off, way too many submission matches.

Only thing I really liked are the finishers against someone doing a flying move. Got hit with sweet chin music off the top rope and didn't even try kicking out, just let it be the finish of the match.

Submission, Extreme Rules and Falls Count Anywhere matches......it's like Raw Roulette only has 3 stops.

Toki767

The PS4 is legit guys. I'm actually anxious for 2K to make a WWE game for next gen which hopefully won't be done by Yukes. But of course it will be.

KENTA vs Daisuke Sekimoto - (NOAH 10/19/13)

OK, so this was pretty great. The match goes exactly as you'd expect it, great fun if you like Japanese dudes beating the crap out of each other. Daisuke is a beast, real glad to see him branch out more, even if it is only NOAH. Just imagine if he ever wound up in New Japan again, would love one more Sekimoto vs Ishii match.

Also, here's an episode of AJW Classics from 1986, featuring two kick-ass title matches - ridiculous heat for Matsumoto vs Chigusa, while Asuka vs Masami is another awesome classic between two of the best women's wrestlers at the time. Well worth watching if you want to see some women's wrestling done properly;

All Japan Women's Classics #12 - (AJW 04/05/1986)

1. Bull Nakano vs Yumi Ogura
2. All Pacific Title: Dump Matsumoto (c) vs Chigusa Nagayo
3. WWWA Title: Devil Masami (c) vs Lioness Asuka

amitaiwinehouse

Neo Member
Went to WWE in Leeds last night. Great fun, have been waiting years for it to happen in my home town.

Bryan and Punk teamed up against the Wyatts, after a promo with Heyman getting caned by Punk. Shame I knew about the tag match, because at the start of the day we thought Bryan was in France - would have been a great surprise if people weren't talking about it on Twitter.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Not having a start button on a controller is weird
The reversal "system" is such a piece of crap. I'm either too fast or too slow EVERY SINGLE TIME.

It takes time. Unfortunately, I've played the game so much that I've got like Guitar Hero level reflexes on it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Went to WWE in Leeds last night. Great fun, have been waiting years for it to happen in my home town.

Bryan and Punk teamed up against the Wyatts, after a promo with Heyman getting caned by Punk. Shame I knew about the tag match, because at the start of the day we thought Bryan was in France - would have been a great surprise if people weren't talking about it on Twitter.

Internet ruins everything, glad you had fun though!

bart jr

Neo Member
Anyone in the Ohio area going to the ROH show in Columbus tomorrow? Here's the card:

WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
reDragon (Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly) defend against Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander

"Mr. ROH" Roderick Strong vs. Jay Lethal vs. Matt Taven w/ Truth Martini vs. "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

Adam Cole vs. ACH

The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) vs. Outlaw Inc. (Homicide & Eddie Kingston)

"The Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa vs. Mark Briscoe

"Pro Wrestling's Last Real Man" Silas Young vs. TaDarius Thomas

I'm extremely excited to see Adam Cole vs ACH.

bart jr said:
I'm extremely excited to see Adam Cole vs ACH.

Looks like a good card, that main event should be fun. Same goes for the Wolves vs Outlaw Inc.

I see at final battle they've made Steen vs Bennett a stretcher match, where the loser is banned from using the piledriver.

The exact reason those botched spot comics get extremely tiresome, the IWC is a meaningless term and using it generalises a whole bunch of different subsets of wrestling fans who happen to express their views over the internet.

XenoRaven

I've always found it weird that people are still referring to a collective group of people called "The Internet", when basically everyone is on the fucking internet.

Kaladin

I've always found it weird that people are still referring to a collective group of people called "The Internet", when basically everyone is on the fucking internet.

Yeah, IWC was more accurate in the late 90's and early 00's when everyone wasn't on the internet.

Aiii

So not worth it

Well no shit, you should go to Gaming Side, where literally every opinion starts with "But everyone told me this game was going to be good."

No, idiot, every thread is full of people with various opinions. Just because you're a twat and only read your own damn posts doesn't mean you should project them on everyone. Goddamn.

But yeah, people complaining about the IWC are pretty much the same thing.

jmdajr

You know you're old when you rather go to bed than wait in line for your PS4.

I'll get it after work. Or maybe even..after dinner!

bart jr

Neo Member
Looks like a good card, that main event should be fun. Same goes for the Wolves vs Outlaw Inc.

The last Columbus show had a great turnout, hopefully it keeps up so that we continue to have good cards. I used to go to the Dayton shows during the Dayton/Chicago double-shots back in the day, and always felt like we got the shaft as far as card-quality goes.

On a completely different note - is there any person/group that you would like to see purchase TNA, in hopes that they could actually provide some sort of competition to the WWE?

This is purely fantasy on my part, but I wish that NJPW would purchase TNA. For one, they could actually afford it, and it would automatically land them a pre-existing tv contract. Two - they have enough money to put on, for a lack of a better term, extravagant shows that give off a "big event" feel. That's something I think most smaller promotions lack, and will turn off casual viewers from their product. Three - a good portion of TNA talent have wrestled in NJPW, and I'm sure they can develop feuds/storylines right away with the current NJPW talent. Not to mention all the footage they have of those wrestlers that can be used for highlight videos. Four - I would get to see NJPW with English commentary(praise jah!)

Yea next weeks Revirw a impact is probably my last. It's true "big" show

Impact was so bad last week they promoted the new japan show

tumblr_mw1o6adD9h1qjyr3go1_1280.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, I feel really bad for WrasslorMonkey, guy puts a shitload of time and work into his gifs only to see them reposted all over the web without ever getting credit.

I doubt many people even know about his website and whenever someone tweets one his Gif's to the wrestlers and they respond to it he has to retroactively get credit. That must really suck.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know, I feel really bad for Strobogo, guy puts a shitload of time and work into his gifs only to see them reposted all over the web without ever getting credit.

I doubt many people even know about his legitshook.com and whenever someone tweets one his Gif's to the wrestlers and they respond to it he has to retroactively get credit. That must really suck.

Yeah, it's a thankless job for those involved.

Top Bottom