• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I had a dream about...Sunflower. He was in the body of a giant kid I used to hang out with in middle school, but it was definitely Sunny. He helped me do some rewiring in my childhood bedroom and we played some Gamecube for a bit.

It's good to hear I have a kind heart in dreams. Gamecube was a fun system, too.

strobogo

Banned
It was pretty cool. I sometimes have dreams about Gamecube games that never existed, like puro games and stuff. And we played some puro game and I think a Star Wars related game, then thought we were shorting out electricity to the whole neighborhood. We didn't bang.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrasslin' threads in the OT not made by one of us.

Don't doubt the WrassleGAF Initiative, friends.

We passed the goal line on our Kickstarter to fund the book about wrestling video game development in the US and Japan today! Thanks to everyone here as a lot of the pledges came from NeoGAF.

We're doing a development podcast series to update the book and discuss the recent interviews, games and such we have been dealing with from time to time, so I will do a NeoGAF centered episode where I'll invite people from WrassleGAF to discuss wrestling, video games and Aiii. Hope you guys will look forward to it.

You can still pledge if you haven't yet, still about 2 weeks left. NeoGAF's own Orioto joined to do cover art recently, and junkboy is also doing illustrations in the book.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling
Congratulations!

Aku-Audi

We passed the goal line on our Kickstarter to fund the book about wrestling video game development in the US and Japan today! Thanks to everyone here as a lot of the pledges came from NeoGAF.

We're doing a development podcast series to update the book and discuss the recent interviews, games and such we have been dealing with from time to time, so I will do a NeoGAF centered episode where I'll invite people from WrassleGAF to discuss wrestling, video games and Aiii. Hope you guys will look forward to it.

You can still pledge if you haven't yet, still about 2 weeks left. NeoGAF's own Orioto joined to do cover art recently, and junkboy is also doing illustrations in the book.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/654436224/wrestling-with-pixels-the-world-tour-of-wrestling

Highly anticipating the Aiii discussion. That guy is nuts.

I've been meaning to contribute, will do!

Wake up sheeple

Woohooooo!

Glad to see this through. Can't wait for the book and podcast :)

jmdajr

Wow awesome!

jmdajr

So I joined gamefly since I am too cheap these days to pay full price for a game. You know, I don't think they'll be mailing me anything anytime soon.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

Nice! Looking forward to the book and podcast!

Wrasslin' threads in the OT not made by one of us.

Don't doubt the WrassleGAF Initiative, friends.

I was legit shooked when I saw that thread and it wasn't made by a WrassleGaffer.

jmdajr

That Batman make-a-wish foundation story gave me some real feels.

Sorry John, your Make A Wish video packages can't compete.

I want to shoot real quick about hating on wrasslin cause its "fake". Just about all entertainment on television is "fake". When someone watches Big Bang Theory, they don't really believe Sheldon is real or that the robots in Pacific Rim and Transformers really exist and are doing battle on a global scale. Society seems to hold wrasslin to a higher standard, as if it's a sport like football and baseball, where everything is real and no one cheats with any kind of performance enhancer. Just wanted to get that off my chest, I feel better now.

jmdajr

People still want to judge it as a Sport which is completely retarded.

It should be judged as a live TV show. If you still think it's dumb after that I don't have a problem with it. But stop trying to compare it to shit it's not.

Awesome! I'll defintely make sure to chip in on this, as I have a deep affinity for some of the old-school wrestling games (Satruday Night Slammasters, yo. Oh and WCW/nWo Revenge)

Nerdkiller

Membeur

If should be judged as a live TV show. If you still think it's dumb after that I don't have a problem with it. But stop trying to compare it to shit it's not.
Well, that's how Vince wants people to see it. With a hint of entertainment, so I'm not complaining.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
I want to shoot real quick about hating on wrasslin cause its "fake". Just about all entertainment on television is "fake". When someone watches Big Bang Theory, they don't really believe Sheldon is real or that the robots in Pacific Rim and Transformers really exist and are doing battle on a global scale. Society seems to hold wrasslin to a higher standard, as if it's a sport like football and baseball, where everything is real and no one cheats with any kind of performance enhancer. Just wanted to get that off my chest, I feel better now.

Even as a little kid I knew wrasslin' was "fake" so I don't know why people use that as a reason to hate on it.

And really, calling it "fake" is a bit of a misnomer. It may be scripted, but not anyone can pull off those moves in the ring, and sometimes you're gonna have to get hurt for real in certain matches. I dare anyone to say it's fake to take a chair shot or blade themselves.

If should be judged as a live TV show. If you still think it's dumb after that I don't have a problem with it. But stop trying to compare it to shit it's not.

It's pretty interesting how Wrestling is still covered as a "sport" in certain countries though. I saw AAA and WWE coverage when I was watching the news down in Mexico. And WWE is shown on sports channels around the world. It seems like the only place where it isn't really considered a "sport" is the US.

Kaladin

Called two Gamestops about a PS4....first said it's not in stock but may be in Sunday and they're taking reserves for them....second said it's not in stock and we don't know when we're getting them.

jmdajr

You know, watching NBA 2k14 on PS4, I can't picture a WWE game looking that good.

And you just have two fucking characters. Well, I guess you can have tag matches and all that but still. It should look much, much better.

You know a real rumble rumble would be awesome. Wait in your fucking que and go.

edit:eek:r do we have that already? Can't imagine you can hold 30.

lol remember this?

def-jam-icon-screenshot-_2.jpg

It was like almost a launch game. Can't say 2k14 looks much better almost 8 years later.

strobogo

Banned
Sports Entertainment sounds better than Athletic Entertainment. It's just a tag line. UFC is also sports entertainment, just with actual sport.

Wrestling isn't a real sport, it is openly acknowledged and known to not be a real sport (TWICE by Vince himself, on his own shows). No one watching believes it is real except for young kids, but adults have a good time ruining it for them early to be assholes just because they don't understand it. Those kind of adults are such dickheads. Why do you need to tell a 5 year old "You know that stuff is fake, right" when he enjoys believing it is real? He'll figure it out on his own soon enough, just let the kid enjoy it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
All Gamestops ONLY received their preorder allocations. Unless you've got a rogue manager going bananas out there, you will not find one at a Gamestop until the next shipment.

Sports Entertainment sounds better than Athletic Entertainment. It's just a tag line. UFC is also sports entertainment, just with actual sport.

Wrestling isn't a real sport, it is openly acknowledged and known to not be a real sport (TWICE by Vince himself, on his own shows). No one watching believes it is real except for young kids, but adults have a good time ruining it for them early to be assholes just because they don't understand it. Those kind of adults are such dickheads. Why do you need to tell a 5 year old "You know that stuff is fake, right" when he enjoys believing it is real? He'll figure it out on his own soon enough, just let the kid enjoy it.

Agreed adults suck . Reminds me of the guy at the TNA house show I went to who kept yelling "Abyss" and " black hole slam" during a joseph park match .

No one cares just enjoy the ride

jmdajr

No doubt, lame as fuck.

I gotta thank my dad and uncle, for years they would never break kayfabe around us. From 86-92 I was a mark, if I ever have kids, I would never ruin it for them either.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

I don't think anyone thinks it's "real" anymore, even kids. My little brother and sister knew it was fake from the get go, but they still enjoy it. My dad told me it was fake from the get go too, but I still enjoyed watching it because it was fun.

As long as you're not a complete asshole about it I don't really see what's the problem.

Recall

Looking through my collection of DVDs I blind picked WWE presents Shawn Michaels from the Vault box set and PWG's Astonishing X-Mas. Will make for a fun Saturday at work re-watching these.

Top Bottom