• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

The thing about Gamestop is I don't buy games and don't have plans to buy any systems in the near future, so I'd only want cash. Don't they give you peanuts if you opt for cash?
You can use the trade-in credit to buy a gift card. They do offer you less if you get cash, though. It doesn't make sense.

Depending on what you want to sell and how far you live from a post office, the best deal may be to create a seller account and sell them on Amazon. I've sold a bunch of old out of print DS games on there and gotten a lot more than I would have if I gave them to Amazon.

Did you send the stuff to Amazon and have them handle the shipping? I don't have anything particularly rare, I see at least 20 listings for each game I have. Did your games sit there for a while or not sell at all?

I have zero experience shipping stuff, would I need to get shipping boxes and packing material?

Man, I have a lot of reading up to do.

strobogo

Banned
Oh if only you read the books.

also......

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

That shit happened before he even showed his true cuntocity. It was great even then. It was great when his mom slapped the shit out of him. I hope someone kicks him in the balls.

Did you send the stuff to Amazon and have them handle the shipping? I don't have anything particularly rare, I see at least 20 listings for each game I have. Did you games sit there for a while or not sell at all?

I have zero experience shipping stuff, would I need to get shipping boxes and packing material?

You should call Konnan.

Also YEAH Total Divas tonight!

I can't stand Natty at all anymore. I used to, but now..she's just a screeching harpy :(

I wish they would show total divas here I suck at the Internet

As an aside after seeing Uhaa yesterday I'm sure he could be the black star WWE want if Big E doesn't pay off somehow, the guys look is great, he can fair move to say he's only been around 4 years and he has a name that people can chant.

First match was Jon Davis vs. Steven Walters. Walters is pretty decent, first time I see him in action. And Davis improved a lot, I like hes power combo moves.

strobogo

Banned
I'm not reading those books ever. I have to force myself to watch since I hate the general setting of sword and sorcery shit. But the rest is good enough to overcome that.

Second match had Mr. Touchdown. First time I see him in action, and hes really good, he brutalized Gentleman Jerbys or something like that.

Taylor looks weird with a beard.

bjork

Who here has experience selling used games? Is Amazon trade-in the best deal?

I have a GBA SP, PSP, and some games that I don't use. I just saw that Amazon will give me an $18 credit for Zelda Minish Cap, which sounds good to me.

Depending on what you have, you could clear out quickly with the b/s/t thread here. I moved about 90% of my collection (~600 games) a few years ago in a few weeks.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still need to get over it and sell all my ps2 or Dreamcast games. Or give them away, really.

Did you send the stuff to Amazon and have them handle the shipping? I don't have anything particularly rare, I see at least 20 listings for each game I have. Did your games sit there for a while or not sell at all?

No, you ship them yourself. There were lots of listings for the stuff I was selling too, but mine were in Like New condition, still in the original case and all, so if you give the best price for Like New they sell fast enough. I sold a couple the first day.

DS games can fit in the small bubble mailers they sell at the post office for $1.79, I think, and it costs like $2.50 to mail them, so you lose a bit of that $3.99 shipping, and Amazon will take a dollar or two as well, but they will direct deposit what's left right into your checking account.

The elimination tag between Jigsaw & Fire Ant vs. Caleb Konley & Andrew Everett vs. The Bravado Brothers was pretty fun. This crowd hate the The Bravado Brothers. That is what happens when you mess with the best tag team in the world, The Young Bucks.

Oh shit, Jigsaw superkicked Fire Ant.

strobogo

Banned
Interesting. There were reports in Aurora, Indiana and in Illinois seeing similar weird things in the sky after the storms tonight. I should call into Coast to Coast tonight. I saw this before I was drinking. I also saw ball lightning once and it was legit shoot the craziest thing I've ever seen in my life.

I'm with you, Stro. They're out there.

I've been looking for episodes of Unsolved Mysteries for months, but they ALL got taken off Youtube except a small handful that manage to slip through the cracks. And they're difficult to find anywhere else on the web. I don't get it, was there REALLY that big of a market for paying viewers that they were missing out on? Put it on Hulu, get the goddamn ad/subscription revenue.

strobogo

Banned
I'm with you, Stro. They're out there.

I've been looking for episodes of Unsolved Mysteries for months, but they ALL got taken off Youtube except a small handful that manage to slip through the cracks. And they're difficult to find anywhere else on the web. I don't get it, was there REALLY that big of a market for paying viewers that they were missing out on? Put it on Hulu, get the goddamn ad/subscription revenue.

Unsolved Mysteries was the only show to really unnerve me as a kid. I believe Lifetime and SyFy occasionally run reruns, but they're usually of the Dennis Farnia era, and who wants to watch those? You want to watch Robert Stack be a boss and creep you the fuck out. Were DVDs of any kind never released?

Ricochet vs. Anthony Nese was great. First time I see Nese and hes a really solid wrestler. A good combination of strength, speed and technique.

Unsolved Mysteries was the only show to really unnerve me as a kid. I believe Lifetime and SyFy occasionally run reruns, but they're usually of the Dennis Farnia era, and who wants to watch those? You want to watch Robert Stack be a boss and creep you the fuck out. Were DVDs of any kind never released?

There are a number of "themed" DVDs - UFOs, Ghosts, Legends, Murderers, etc. - as well as a best of, and a set that contains all the DVDs released (which I think was limited, as it's been very expensive wherever I've seen it). But despite how seminal that show was to my childhood, I somehow feel weird paying for something I used to watch daily for free, and then on-demand when literally the whole series was on Youtube (which is weird, because I would probably watch such DVDs more often than any other I actually have, but given the expense, it doesn't seem like the best "bang for my buck", y'know?). My own bias, but still, it's just odd to me to think that there were big enough bucks there for the company to make a mass copyright claim on hundreds of YT videos with, comparatively speaking, relatively few hits.

Trent Baretta vs. Rich Swann was awesome, MotN so far.

Masaaki Mochizuki has the best theme in wrestling!

XD AR fox sold the back rake that the YB do by piledriving himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be extraterrestrial life, but it's almost impossible for them to be able to find us.

It's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be extraterrestrial life, but it's almost impossible for them to be able to find us.

Yeah, I would not be surprised if we are one of the most scientifically advance species on the universe.

Anyway, The Young Bucks vs. AR Fox & Masaaki Mochizuki was ok, was expecting more. I wanted Mochizuki to punish the YB more.

strobogo

Banned

Probably. I'm sure it was just a weird star or something that happened to catch my attention. That other people in the state and Illinois saw similar things to me tripped me out, though. I've seen something similar to this many times and figured it was just a star, but WHAT IF it was something else? I'm open to the idea. I've seen a lot of weird shit. Having sat through all this WCW shit, seeing ball lightning, hearing lockers slam shut while being next to them and knowing they weren't opened or shut, being in creepy ass 70 year old chapels...I'm open to the idea that I could see some weird shit from my house.

I've been to Above Top Secret, I've listened to Alex Jones, I've listened to Coast to Coast AM. Who am I to say ghosts, aliens, or Big Foot doesn't exist? I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me!

caveman5.jpg

I went through a big conspiracy phase. I got over it. But I still listen to Alex Jones whenever some big event happens (like the Boston Marathon bombings) and check ATS.com every few months just for lolz. I don't know if anyone remembers or is aware, but last year there was a huge explosion in an Indy neighborhood that basically erased a few houses. ATS was CONVINCED it was a government plot and/or drone attack/accident. It was like a 400 page thread there. They had wrong suspects and details on EVERYTHING. I read the whole thing. The actual result was the home owners intentionally blowing up their house for insurance. I lol'd through the whole thread.

Unrelated to aliens, but KISS on Nitro reminded me that I was a huge KISS mark growing up. Destroyer is a killer album. Damn. So many good tracks on that album. Makes me feel like Tony Schiavone.

Giard

I believe there to be either a planet or a UFO near my house. About 15 minutes ago, a star sized light just popped on. It's too cloudy to see any other stars. There is a municipal airport near my house, so I figured it was probably a plane landing or maybe news copter surveying damage, but it has been completely stationary for 15 minutes now. It is blinking as it if were lights on a plane, but it hasn't moved this whole time. Are there any planets that are supposed to be visible tonight?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/comet-ison-viewing-may-be-at-its-best-1.2428280

So there was some Steven Seagal direct to video crap on TV last night.

I couldn't make it more then 15 minutes since the plot was Seagal's character was a professor of archaeology who pissed of Chinese gangsters because he wouldnt let them smuggle drugs a statue. Also 90% of Seagal's dialogue was clearly just poorly re-recorded and edited back in after they filmed it.

Anyway it got me thinking, does WWE films still make movies? I think the last thing they did was just helped distribute that Halle Berry film.

I couldn't make it more then 15 minutes since the plot was Seagal's character was a professor of archaeology who pissed of Chinese gangsters because he wouldnt let them smuggle drugs a statue. Also 90% of Seagal's dialogue was clearly just poorly re-recorded and edited back in after they filmed it.

Anyway it got me thinking, does WWE films still make movies? I think the last thing they did was just helped distribute that Halle Berry film.

They are doing See No Evil 2.

Also No One Lives was really good, it was a great revenge movie.

Lol Gargano is pretty good in this segment.

Edit: Not great, amazing XD

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I see nothing wrong with this, this is what you should expect in a Seagal movie.

They are doing See No Evil 2.

Also No One Lives was really good, it was a great revenge movie.

Lol Gargano is pretty good in this segment.

Oh right. That was why Kane went away for a few weeks.

Still that flick just reminded me that hey, Those early WWE Films movies are not the worst things around. I should watch 12 rounds again or something. I remember thinking that was pretty dumb in a ok way.

Probably. I'm sure it was just a weird star or something that happened to catch my attention. That other people in the state and Illinois saw similar things to me tripped me out, though. I've seen something similar to this many times and figured it was just a star, but WHAT IF it was something else? I'm open to the idea. I've seen a lot of weird shit. Having sat through all this WCW shit, seeing ball lightning, hearing lockers slam shut while being next to them and knowing they weren't opened or shut, being in creepy ass 70 year old chapels...I'm open to the idea that I could see some weird shit from my house.

I've been to Above Top Secret, I've listened to Alex Jones, I've listened to Coast to Coast AM. Who am I to say ghosts, aliens, or Big Foot doesn't exist? I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me!

caveman5.jpg

I went through a big conspiracy phase. I got over it. But I still listen to Alex Jones whenever some big event happens (like the Boston Marathon bombings) and check ATS.com every few months just for lolz. I don't know if anyone remembers or is aware, but last year there was a huge explosion in an Indy neighborhood that basically erased a few houses. ATS was CONVINCED it was a government plot and/or drone attack/accident. It was like a 400 page thread there. They had wrong suspects and details on EVERYTHING. I read the whole thing. The actual result was the home owners intentionally blowing up their house for insurance. I lol'd through the whole thread.

Unrelated to aliens, but KISS on Nitro reminded me that I was a huge KISS mark growing up. Destroyer is a killer album. Damn. So many good tracks on that album. Makes me feel like Tony Schiavone.

iYqmooG8efWoa.gif

iNWcq26FZ7DGH.gif

Top Bottom