• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
Fuck, I forgot to mention that when Hammer challenged Sid to a match after a win on Thunder, he looked at his hand to get his lines down.

Lol Gargano does a pedigree on Hero, and Hero kicks at one XD

Main event spoilers:

Hero tapped. Anyway, looks like Ricochet is going to be the one to take the tittle from Gargano, hope it does not take long. Really good Hero promo to close the show.

DMczaf

Dang it godslay why hold?

FOOTBALL TALK IN HERE?!

ibe2utOEaqAkq.gif

strobogo

Banned
Am I weird for liking a a good number of post Peter Criss/Ace KISS songs? Well, I guess if you added up all the songs I like after they left/were kicked out, you'd have one full awesome album.

Theres more blood on Total Divas than RAW

Lol Ginger Mahal gonna flip out on Eva Marie this show is very well scripted why isn't RAW like this.

Drew Mac wants to get in that Eva.

Hoarr

Neo Member
Target has wrasslin' shirts without the WWE tag on the bottom?

14599967_201305250405.jpg

And they're on clearance?

Oh shit -- thanks for finding this! This is the exact same shirt that idiots in the crowd in WWE 2K14 are wearing!

Seriously, I thought it was a retro Sting shirt at first because of the handwritten font, but on closer inspection my mind was blown once I saw Rick Rude on there. What the hell is this crap?!

Sidenote: KISS appearing on WCW Monday Nitro made me a KISS fan. I liked the KISS Demon and went out and bought Destroyer and Double Platinum a week after they appeared on wrasslin'. I'm also geeky enough to run a KISS fansite as well...

tumblr_mvsmguaoEN1qjyr3go1_500.jpg

Kana with the Starchild makeup on

strobogo

Banned
KISS is awesome. I don't care what anyone says. They aren't the best band in the world and Gene is a cunt and a half, but the first 6 albums (all with in 2 years!) are pretty boss. It was an era where it was cool to have filler on every album, but they had enough kick ass songs on all of those records to be awesome to me. And even after Peter and Ace left/were kicked out, every album had one or two bad ass songs on it.

There are enough all time classics that if someone doesn't like at least a few KISS songs, I think they are probably assholes.

KISS is awesome. I don't care what anyone says. They aren't the best band in the world and Gene is a cunt and a half, but the first 6 albums (all with in 2 years!) are pretty boss. It was an era where it was cool to have filler on every album, but they had enough kick ass songs on all of those records to be awesome to me. And even after Peter and Ace left/were kicked out, every album had one or two bad ass songs on it.

There are enough all time classics that if someone doesn't like at least a few KISS songs, I think they are probably assholes.

KISS up until Dynasty were amazing. Paul Stanley was an underatted vocalist too.

Revenge ranks up there with the best 70s stuff.

Hoarr

Neo Member
So, KISS debuts the Demon with Crush in the makeup. He comes out during a Vampiro match the following week... and then we don't hear or see him until a Brian Knobbs hardcore match months later when The Demon is reintroduced with Torborg behind the makeup, right??

tumblr_mdgnimPKcm1rg6iiuo1_500.jpg

There aren't any more appearances with Brian Adams as the Demon -- is my memory correct?

Also, bonus photo of Torborg, Asya (Torborg's wife), and Edge from a KISS Kruise in 2011:

tumblr_m35xtjUAr11qzx70zo1_500.jpg

*click to enlarge*

strobogo

Banned
So, KISS debuts the Demon with Crush in the makeup. He comes out during a Vampiro match the following week... and then we don't hear or see him until a Brian Knobbs hardcore match months later when The Demon is reintroduced with Torborg behind the makeup, right??

tumblr_mdgnimPKcm1rg6iiuo1_500.jpg

There aren't any more appearances with Brian Adams as the Demon -- is my memory correct?

Also, bonus photo of Torborg, Asya (Torborg's wife), and Edge from a KISS Kruise in 2011:

tumblr_m35xtjUAr11qzx70zo1_500.jpg

*click to enlarge*

Seems correct. I saw Crush debut as The Demon during the KISS performance, then show up on the stage to tell Vamprio "Not now, not here, some other time (or something similar), then show up as himself in the Demon gear, but without the face paint or KISS music a few shows later. I'm not at the point where Dale Torborg has taken over the gimmick. Wiki says that Dale was given the gimmick originally, then it was given to Crush, then back to Dale. I don't know if that's true, but I did get to see Dale as MVP, a possibly evil baseball player who had many of the same moves and mannerisms as The Demon.

strobogo

Banned
None. All Kurt/Bork matches are super, super disappointing. They should have been amazing shoot style matches, but instead were just standard Angle formula matches.

I have to agree that while I think the Angle/Brock matches were good matches, given those involved, they weren't as memorable as, say, the various Benoit vs. Kurt matches, perhaps because Brock was relatively green compared to the mastery he displays at all times today. I'd rather watch Eddie vs. Brock.

Though had Brock landed that SSP, it would have been a CLASSIC Wrestlemania moment, as it was truly beautiful until he landed on his fucking neck.

Aiii

So not worth it
If Jinder doesn't jump on this and change his hair to red and become Ginger Mahal he's an idiot.

This is the time to get over Ginger, do it!

Hasney

Oh WrestleGAF. I spent all weekend watching Nitro from when Russo took over onwards (Got up to Starrcade) while I setup and played on my new laptop and now it's clearly affected my braincells as I've just bought a Vita.

I blame stro.

strobogo

Banned
I have to agree that while I think the Angle/Brock matches were good matches, given those involved, they weren't as memorable as, say, the various Benoit vs. Kurt matches, perhaps because Brock was relatively green compared to the mastery he displays at all times today. I'd rather watch Eddie vs. Brock.

Though had Brock landed that SSP, it would have been a CLASSIC Wrestlemania moment, as it was truly beautiful until he landed on his fucking neck.

It had less to do with Bork being green (because he was already a top shelf guy even in early 2003) and everything to do with Angle had become set in his formula by early 2003. He would have the same match with Brock that he'd have with HBK or an X Division guy.

Oh WrestleGAF. I spent all weekend watching Nitro from when Russo took over onwards (Got up to Starrcade) while I setup and played on my new laptop and now it's clearly affected my braincells as I've just bought a Vita.

I blame stro.

iFq3EPDM1jCbf.gif

bjork

My favorite Kiss song is Lick It Up. It would be silly if it came out right now, but back then, hell yeah. Get grade-school bjork all pumped to go clean the yard or whatever.

Striker

Half of Total Divas is calling Cena's Bella twin FAT
How soon until they bring it to TV commentary? Maybe not since he's supposedly a face, unless a heel says it (Laycool/Mickie James).

Seriously though, no idea how they look bare, but they look glorious in those tops she wears. Her body looks good, much better than a toothpick that her sister is.

Hasney

Christ, WCW has fucked with my rational purchasing mind. Just impulse bought Wrestlemania 25, Best of Raw 2010 and Survivor Series 2010 (Woo Nexus) all for £10.

Aiii

So not worth it
Can't watch right now, but did she bury them, or simply tell the truth?

Oh, no, there's no mention of TNA at all. Just that Hogan Knows Best was cancelled in 2007 and Hogan got all depressed and all these shitty things happened to him.

It's the mother of all burials really, where did Hulk Hogan go? Well, he sure as fuck wasn't on TV every week doing this wrestling show for a million viewers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Refresh my memory about the critical reception of Panzer Dragoon and Orta - did reviewers kinda feel 6ish out of 10 about them too, or were they hailed as masterpieces right out of the gate?

EDIT: Or I could do the legwork. Looks a little worse than the original reviews, but the landscape sure has changed. Oddly, I don't remember Orta being reviewed BETTER than the original.

bjork

Refresh my memory about the critical reception of Panzer Dragoon and Orta - did reviewers kinda feel 6ish out of 10 about them too, or were they hailed as masterpieces right out of the gate?

EDIT: Or I could do the legwork. Looks a little worse than the original reviews, but the landscape sure has changed. Oddly, I don't remember Orta being reviewed BETTER than the original.

I think PD was received fairly well, but Orta seemed to get a better reception. Could be that it was one of the first post-hardware Sega releases that was actually solid.

Top Bottom