• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we get some people of color to protest this fucking shittery? Nobody listens to my white self.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Honestly I think WWE needs more enhancement talent. We consistently see people lose when they shouldn't - give us legit jobbers. Good enhancement talent will make whoever they face look like a beast. You can build people with these.

YEAH! Bring back DAVE BAUTISTA!

Kaladin

Can we get some people of color to protest this fucking shittery? Nobody listens to my white self.

Right after we get an anti-bullying campaign to protest last night's VIcki Guerrero segment, and the overall treatment of Paul Heyman by announcers and his former clients.

09_otunga_20131011hm_0078.jpg

15_otunga_20131011hm_0166.jpg

22_otunga_20131011hm_0313.jpg

28_otunga_20131011hm_0409.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/inside/overtheropes/david-otunga-muscle-and-fitness-photos

So, the IWA-DS Carnage Cup happened...here's a few choice quotes;

. The tournament kicked off with a 200 Lighttubes Deathmatch - Deep South do nothing in half measures, as per usual.
. The Nail in the Head Deathmatch was won by Bryant Woods after he stuck a carpet strip nail into Jay Woods' head.
. 'Suicide Kid' Kristian Kross beat John Rare with a rollup in a Hostel Deathmatch that featured a table with kenzans stuck to it, gusset plates and a razor-blade board. After the match Rare snapped and stabbed Kross in the arm twice with a machete. It didn't penetrate the skin.
. Spidar Boodrow stabbed JD Horror in the throat with a fishhook. Yeah.
. Josh Crow vs John Wayne Murdoch was stopped due to EXCESSIVE BLOOD LOSS. At a Carnage Cup. Good God. Here's the reason why, super NSFW don't say I didn't warn you about this dude's vagina arm; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...290.1073741830.100000197985637&type=1&theater
. Kross & Murdoch were too injured from Night 1 to compete in Night 2.
. The SAW Deathmatch on Night 2 was a No-Rope Barbedwire match with razorwire wrapped around the barbedwire. Was said to be ridiculously bloody and ended in a double-pin.
. The final (A no-rope barbedwire, building brick & lighttube deathmatch) was a 4-way between Matt Tremont, Ron Matthis, JD Horror & Bryan Woods. Winner was
Tremont
with a bump off the balcony.
. The balcony bump was a Russian leg sweep (sorta) onto a double stacked table with a bundle of tubes, lit candles and salt among other shit. Had 3 giant crosses with lit candles set up between the ring and barricade that they fell through and also a razor blade board!

So much idiocy. You can guaran-damn-tee that as soon as this is available, I'll start working on my review for legitshook.com

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And somehow, no casualties? It's only a matter of time. jeezus.gif

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Halloween Havoc 10/24/99

Disco Inferno vs Lash LeRoux WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Lash shouldn't be getting a PPV title match. Disco shouldn't have the Cruiserweight championships to begin with. He's clearly a heavyweight. And the way he won it was weird. Lenny Lane was stripped of the title and taken off TV because someone at Turner finally realized that Lenny and Lodi were clearly gay. Hypnosis was given the title just to lose it to Disco on Nitro. Disco won with the Last Dance in a completely unremarkable Thunder match. Lash attacked Disco after the match. This is the second time that Lash attacked Disco from behind for no reason. Disco didn't do anything heelish during the match and actually offered a handshake to Lash before he was attacked.

EARLIER TODAY. Benoit and Malenko arrived at the arena. Saturn confronted them. Dean told Saturn to shove the Revolution up his ass.

TO THE BACK. Mike Tenay talks with Harlem Heat about the upcoming tag title match, which is now a no DQ street fight 3 way dance. The titles are vacant for some reason. No idea why. The Animals won them on Nitro and nothing happened on Thunder, so they were just vacated for no reason.

First Family vs Filthy Animals vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships No Disqualification Street Fight

"The Powers That Be" are mentioned for the first time. And Konnan is replacing Rey. I hope Knobs hits him really hard in the head with something. It immediately goes to the floor and into the crowd. Kidman has a camcorder, which he may have purchased with money he stole from Ric Flair. Harlem Heat are fighting with Knobs in the graveyard. It goes backstage where Booker accidentally kicks Stevie into a wall of conveniently placed boxes. Hugh moonsaults Konnan through a table in the ring. Booker pins Knobs in the back after Stevie splashed him with a plastic mummy. Was that the YET TAY? No one in the audience or ring had any idea that Harlem Heat won in the back, so when they came back out, everyone was confused. New champions! 10 time tag champions. A solid 5 minute 3 way hardcore tag. Konnan was injured. Good. I fail to see the reason why the Animals won the titles on Nitro, only to be stripped of them at some point during the week for no reason, and then have Harlem Heat just win the titles right back.

iGUazQmMkWgc6.gif

iSs1y3UK5ohbg.gif

TO THE BACK.
Ric and David Flair enter the building. Ric has a crowbar.

DDP and Kim come to the ring. Flair spanked Kim 14 times Monday night. She didn't like it. But getting spanked 14 times by Page is just a warm up for them. " Now let me get this straight. Kimberly invites David Flair up to her room. An obvious SWERVE." DDP makes a jerk off joke. "You like spanking it, Nature Boy? Let's whack it, let's jack it ALL NIGHT LONG." He wants their match to be a strap match. "I want you to whack it ALL NIGHT LONG." "I've never seen Flair in a strap match." Yes you have, Brain. If DDP had bothered to show up for Nitro, they could have done this at that show instead of do an in ring promo at a PPV.

TO THE BACK.
Goldberg arrives and looks for Sid. Elsewhere, Tenay asks Eddie about his upcoming match with Saturn. Eddie is wearing Flair's watch.

Saturn vs Eddie Guerrero

Eddie does a basement dropkick and sends Saturn to the floor. Saturn does snake eyes on the ring steps. Back in the ring, Saturn does a powerbomb and springboard crossbody. Saturn then starts working over the arm that Eddie injured in that ugly tower of doom spot on Nitro. T-bone. Eddie locks on a short arm scissors of his own, which Saturn gets out of with a Backlund Lift. He does two Lionsaults, the second of which was countered. Missed frog splash. They trade superplexes. Ric Flair comes out with a crowbar and lays into Eddie, causing a DQ. Kidman runs down and also gets hit. Torrie begs Ric to stop. He dances for her and gives her a terribly gross and awkward kiss. SHE LIKED IT! Flair left, then came back out to get his watch.

iDx2DLVa0BpSD.gif

iQXQR3OTUspKR.gif

TO THE BACK. Goldberg is punching the shit out of Sid, who is busted open.

Buff comes to the ring with a mic. I bet he's gonna SHOOT. He's got a problem with the two new writers from up North who are going to save WCW. Buff calls Jarrett out. Double J runs down with guitar in hand and they brawl. Lex comes out and accidentally hits Buff with the guitar. It didn't break because Lex hit him with the neck instead of the body.

ibavX66NbjAcmM.gif

TO THE BACK. Sid is getting stitched up and screams to LET IT BLEEEEED. Elsewhere, Eddie calls Rey and tells him to leave Konnan at the hospital and make it back to the arena.

Brad Armstrong vs Berlyn

Berlyn dominates and then loses after Brad held on to the ropes as Berlyn tried to hit his neckbreaker. What a shitty finish. Your character is fucking dead when you lose to Brad Armstong on PPV from botching your own finisher. But after the match, Berlyn beat up Armstrong and left like he won. So why not just book him to win?

TO THE BACK. Tenay talks to Ric Flair. Ric has agreed to the strap match and will fuck up the Filthy Animals even more tomorrow night.

Chris Benoit vs Rick Steiner WCW TV Championship

This wasn't actually announced until Thunder and it isn't really based on any angle other than Rick's title rematch. And they have a match where Rick makes Benoit look like shit and does terrible looking submissions because he can't figure out how to do them. Ref bump. Rick brought a chair into the ring, but Benoit suplexed him before he could use it. He did get it up to block a diving headbutt. Dean came out and hit Benoit with the chair. LOLWHATSWERVE. Dean and Saturn embrace on the floor. New champion. Dean turning on Benoit makes NO SENSE at all, which makes perfect sense in Russo world. Everyone was clamoring for another Rick Steiner singles title run.

inlgkhFKHaCXB.gif

icky50sZZ1v49.gif

TO THE BACK. Tenay talks with Bret Hart. Bret was injured on Nitro and his doctors told him he shouldn't even be wrestling tonight. Bret doesn't give a fuck about that shit.

The Total Package vs Bret Hart

Bret shouldn't be able to walk, but he's fine to wrestle. He beats Lex all around ringside. Lex really, really sucks. Bret dominated the whole match until Lex hit him in the ankle and won with a half crab. That's right, Lex Luger made Bret Hart tap out with ease in a short match.

TO THE BACK. Tenay talks to Godlberg in front of a puddle of blood left over from earlier.

Madusa comes out in a bikini with WCW Nitro cologne. Bobby completely buries it as smelling awful. Madusa then says she thinks having to do this is BULLSHIT and dumps the bottle out on Brain. This cologne was a real product and WCW went out of their way to talk about how awful it smells and that no one would buy this shit.

Sting vs Hulk Hogan WCW Championship

No explanation as to why this is going on with an hour of show left. Hogan doesn't come out when his music plays. Sting's music plays and he comes out, looking confused. Hogan's music hits again. He finally comes out in jeans. He says some words to Sting and lays down. Sting pins him and looks pissed, then it IMMEDIATELY cuts to a Sid/Goldberg promo. Title retained. But during that video, they accidentally cut to the arena.

iZbanFGZxNS4.gif

Fans are pissed and chanting bullshit. Bobby is clearly told to say we'd find out on Nitro why Hogan laid down. Highly doubtful.

Sid vs Goldberg WCW US Championship

The Outsiders attack Goldberg as he was heading to the ring. Nice to see Nash has come out of his NyQuil coma. The match then starts on the floor. Sid is busted back open. Sid keeps fighting back, though. Fighting from his knees and gushing blood. You know, like a plucky babyface. The whole match is Goldberg pounding Sid's bleeding head and Sid fighting back. Mickie Jay then stops the match due to excessive blood loss. New champion! Sid still wants to fight back, but Rick Steiner comes out to stop him. This was almost a double turn kind of match, but I don't think that was the intention. Vince Russo just doesn't understand booking isn't the same thing as writing. Goldberg attacks Sid at the beginning of the show and leaves him bloody, then he spends the whole match attacking the already busted open head, Sid refuses to stop fighting, and the ref stops the match for him. He then refuses help and walks to the back on his own. How was Sid supposed to come off as a heel in that situation?

Sting comes back out. He didn't come to Vegas for a night off. He's going to come back later and anyone who wants a fight can have it.

DDP vs Ric Flair Strap Match

It's a strap match, but it is pinfall or submission only. So a normal match that happens to have a strap in it. So not a strap match. Everyone is cool with Charles Robinson being Flair's ref again. That makes me think. Remember when Sting won control of WCW from Flair? He gave control back to WCW and a new president was to be shortly announced. That's been like 3 months ago and no president was ever announced. But new writers were. They brawl into the crowd right form the start. Flair sexually assaulted Kim, just like he did to Torrie earlier. Unlike Torrie, Kim didn't like it. What a surprise, Flair is bleeding. Maybe Flair could have held back from blading since the match right before him ended on excessive blood loss. It was just a standard brawl. DDP looks older than Flair. That leathery fuck. The only interesting spot was Flair tying DDP up in the corner before chopping the shit out of him and punching him in the balls. DDP won with a Kanyon Cutter. BANG! Maybe. Charles Robinson kind of stopped at 3 with Flair moving his foot near a rope, but he wasn't close enough, so they all stared and Robinson called for the bell. He also got a Kanyon Cutter. BANG! DDP kept beating up Ric. David ran down. Kim stopped him and kneed him in the jimmies, definitely rustling them. DDP hit Ric in the balls with a crowbar. Well, he is clearly a sexual predator, so he kind of deserves it. David got a Kanyon Cutter that he took like a stunner, so DDP did another one. BANG BANG! EMTs attend to to Ric as David is now no selling two Kanyon Cutters. David and Robinson are both crying. Ric Flair's balls will never recover!

ifT1vbnBFAX3h.gif

itLGcNyeTUw5F.gif

TO THE BACK. As Ric was taken to the ambulance, the Filthy Animals attacked him. David tried to help and got beat up. Torrie was video taping it. They throw Flair in the ambulance and take off. These guys are supposed to be faces. Ric Flair is supposed to be a heel. DDP is also supposed to be a heel.

Sting vs Goldberg WCW Championship

Goldberg answers Sting's challenge from earlier in the night. Goldberg still has Sid's blood on him, which seems very unsanitary. They have to wait for a ref to show up. Charles Robinson is the only guy left or something, because he's back out. They have a very short match (3ish minutes) which Goldberg won. New champion! It did have one of the best spear sequences of any Goldberg match, and Sting also did a spear of his own. Sting attacked Charles Robinson after the match. So the final shot of Halloween Havoc wasn't of Goldberg celebrating, but of Sting walking off after attacking a ref.

iDmVzd53GzL8O.gif

i0tT6DfWO7m6i.gif

DQ Count:
1 out of 10 matches.

Man, can you imagine how pissed you would be if you bought a ticket to this show? The big main event that had been hyped all month doesn't happen because Hogan lays down. Then your big Sid/Goldberg match that has been hyped for a solid 2-3 months ends in about 7 minutes in a stoppage with almost no offense from Sid after Goldberg (the face) attacked him before the show and continued to pound on what he injured in the original attack. Then you get a bonus main event of Goldberg/Sting that went 3 minutes and would be reversed the next night anyway.

Other Russoisms: A face Lash LeRoux beating down a heel Disco after losing completely clean with no cheating from DIsco AND Disco offering him a hand shake after the match. New character Berlyn losing to career jobber Brad Armstrong who got no offense besides holding on to the ropes as Berlyn did a neckbreaker, which was just a normal back bump for Berlyn. A group of faces attacking and abducting a man who was on a stretcher and immobile. Dean Malenko turning on Benoit for no reason that could possibly make sense besides SWERVE. Kim, Nitro Girl leader and DDP's wife, is suddenly a heel. A title change that happened in the back with no screens for fans to see, so when Harlem Heat came back out, NO ONE knew they won the match because no one saw it.

Glorious Russo.

That actually sounds like it picks up the stupid insanity that CZW has been missing lately.

CZW have definitely scaled back the ridiculously violent matches since Deej took over from Zandig...well, outside of TOD & COD, at least. IWA-DS really is the epitome of 'shitty wrestlers taking it in turns to cut each other' deathmatch wrestling, though, so it's not really a perfect substitute for the insanity of old-school CZW.

And somehow, no casualties? It's only a matter of time. jeezus.gif

Yeah, I fully expect one day to read about some dude dying after being impaled or stabbed at one of these. I guess we should be thankful that they haven't hit upon the idea of using fire in their crazy stipulations...yet.

jmdajr

That Cener sure is a tough guy..
BUT CAN HE BEAT DEL RIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????

Anyhow, main event was fun again. I hope this can lead to a good TLC match next month.

jred2k

As bad as WWE is right now, remember last year how we were getting that AJ/Cena affair thing at this time. That was truly horrible and took up a huge chunk of each Raw it was on.

Pffft, the VOD for the past weekend's DGUSA shows still isn't available. This is why no one buys iPPVs, Gabe. Watching live is great (when it works), but paying $5 more for a VOD that doesn't appear until days/weeks after the event and $15 more for a DVD that takes (no fucking joke) A YEAR OR MORE to be produced? Fuck that.

I hope a whole bunch of other Japanese promotions jump on the Ustream bandwagon, then I can fill my monthly wrasslin' schedule with iPPVs that work and have VOD up minutes after the show ends, rather than waiting and waiting for WWNLive or SMV or whoever to get their shit together.

strobogo

Banned
WCW Halloween Havoc '99 might actually rival WWE/ECW December To Dismember as the worst PPV event ever.

I disagree. It wasn't terrible, but it was full of Russo non-sense. I'm sure there were a few WWF PPVs in 1998-1999 that were just as bad. But this is coming off of GAB/BATB/Road Wild/Fall Brawl, 3 of the 4 are definitely in the top 10 for worst PPVs of all time. But then again, I've seen a LOT of garbage over the past year, so my tolerance level has changed.

Havoc done. Stro on the road to finish.

Remember how good Madusa used to be back in the day? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqxudgQreEY

EDIT: and how friggin hot Missy Hyatt used to be.

There is not a single time in her career that I found Madusa to be attractive. Not in early 90s WCW, not as Alundra Blaze, and definitely not with her ridiculous giant tits in dying WCW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There is not a single time in her career that I found Madusa to be attractive. Not in early 90s WCW, not as Alundra Blaze, and definitely not with her ridiculous giant tits in dying WCW.

If I had to choose one set to see, it'd be hers when they were ridiculously huge in dying WCW. I just want to see.

jmdajr

Anyhow, main event was fun again. I hope this can lead to a good TLC match next month.

edit:stupid gaf stop crashing

edit:stupid gaf stop crashing

I'm really worried about Cena. I don't think he can overcome these odds against him. I know he has faced adversity before but this time he may have truly met his match.

somedevil

WrestleMania ticket update:

The internal word is that WWE is thrilled with the Wrestlemania sales thus far. In checking Ticketmaster today, the only price levels left single $476 tickets and in pairs, limited view $190 seats. All of the other price ranges are sold out, although as WWE finalizes production, there will be more tickets released all the way through the week of the show.

strobogo

Banned
You can't wait for the surge when WWE announces the Generation vs Generation vs Generation Triple Threat

Brother.

The should add Bruno to the match. Generation vs Generation vs Generation vs Generation FATAL FOUR WAY. With Superstar Billy Graham pinning Ric Flair to win the match despite neither being in it.

So, the IWA-DS Carnage Cup happened...here's a few choice quotes;

. The tournament kicked off with a 200 Lighttubes Deathmatch - Deep South do nothing in half measures, as per usual.
. The Nail in the Head Deathmatch was won by Bryant Woods after he stuck a carpet strip nail into Jay Woods' head.
. 'Suicide Kid' Kristian Kross beat John Rare with a rollup in a Hostel Deathmatch that featured a table with kenzans stuck to it, gusset plates and a razor-blade board. After the match Rare snapped and stabbed Kross in the arm twice with a machete. It didn't penetrate the skin.
. Spidar Boodrow stabbed JD Horror in the throat with a fishhook. Yeah.
. Josh Crow vs John Wayne Murdoch was stopped due to EXCESSIVE BLOOD LOSS. At a Carnage Cup. Good God. Here's the reason why, super NSFW don't say I didn't warn you about this dude's vagina arm; https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...290.1073741830.100000197985637&type=1&theater
. Kross & Murdoch were too injured from Night 1 to compete in Night 2.
. The SAW Deathmatch on Night 2 was a No-Rope Barbedwire match with razorwire wrapped around the barbedwire. Was said to be ridiculously bloody and ended in a double-pin.
. The final (A no-rope barbedwire, building brick & lighttube deathmatch) was a 4-way between Matt Tremont, Ron Matthis, JD Horror & Bryan Woods. Winner was
Tremont
with a bump off the balcony.
. The balcony bump was a Russian leg sweep (sorta) onto a double stacked table with a bundle of tubes, lit candles and salt among other shit. Had 3 giant crosses with lit candles set up between the ring and barricade that they fell through and also a razor blade board!

So much idiocy. You can guaran-damn-tee that as soon as this is available, I'll start working on my review for legitshook.com

Someone needs to tell these guys that there are safer ways of scoring meth.

Bret Hart is on the PPV pannel. that should be good.

I take it you haven't heard Bret Hart speak in the past five years.

somedevil

only singles in the $476 price all right:

I8z1r9K.jpg

So your agree with them then?

The internal word is that WWE is thrilled with the Wrestlemania sales thus far. In checking Ticketmaster today, the only price levels left single $476 tickets and in pairs, limited view $190 seats. All of the other price ranges are sold out, although as WWE finalizes production, there will be more tickets released all the way through the week of the show.

New japan Tag League Ippv this Saturday

1424558_612815828779279_153751582_n.jpg

Ustream.com/njpw

() WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2013 B BLOCK Match: Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Rob Conway & Jax Dane
() WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2013 A BLOCK Match: Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma vs. Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale
() WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2013 A BLOCK Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii
() WORLD TAG LEAGUE 2013 B BLOCK Match: Testsuya Naito & La Sombra vs. Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI

Shit, still haven't got my laptop back so that's another NJPW PPV I can't watch live. Fuck you Samsung!

Oh, I'm picking the Complete Players to win the whole thing and face KES for the belts at Wrestle Kingdom 8. I'd rather that than another KES vs TenKoji match.

jmdajr

Is it me, or did Wrestlemania get even more expensive next year?

Each year I have gone has cost me more....then again I get more expensive tix each year it seems. But somehow I am sitting farther away.

Closest I will have ever sat will probably be wrestlimania 17.

Kaladin

I sat near the back of the floor level (on the risers) at Wrestlemania 28 and paid $500 for that ticket. Now it seems like the lower level tickets are $500.

Also, at Wrestlemania 24, my ticket at the lowest end of the lower level seats was ~ $175.

o_O

And there was me thinking the 35 quid I paid for 3rd row seats to see Bret Hart and Tanahashi was a bit pricey.

If I was spending that sort of crazy-ass WrestleMania money, it'd be on a trip to Tokyo.

Top Bottom