• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

jred2k

I wonder if this year they'll realize that post-Raw WM is becoming more popular and try jacking the prices on that. There will probably be a bunch of intentionally boring matches as an attempt to create the next "Fandango-ing".

Kaladin

And that's just too much wrestling for me, honestly. I can handle maybe 2 shows in 2 days then I'm tapping out and hate wrasslin for a week.

Even if you have up to six wrestling shows you're looking forward to over a 3 day period which all promise match of the year candidates and stellar top to bottom cards?

I paid less than 100$ to see Mania 29.

Nosebleeds, and only because I was working WrestleCon, which was half an hour away, and I wanted to say I'd been to a Wrestlemania.

I figured parking would be hell, but MetLife OWNS that shit. Parked and in my section in like 15 minutes. Absurd.

It was even quicker getting out. So good.

But ya fuck traveling

jmdajr

Mania in Orlando would be a good excuse to go to Disney land with the kid.

I have a friend in Seattle and Los Angeles, so that be good destinations too.

Dallas, Vegas... There are definitely a places I could justify going because of location and what there is to do.

Kaladin

When I go to WM, it will be within rows 1-10. Maybe 20. Gotta do it big!

Prepare to not see shit for the entire night if you're not in the first five rows on the floor. This goes for any WWE event. WWE fans become assholes when they sit on the floor and you may think "Oh, there's only 20 people between me and the ring" WRONG. There's twenty signs between you and the ring, twenty jackasses waving to their moms watching at home through the entire match between you and the ring, twenty idiots cheering for someone who isn't even wrestling that night between you and the ring.

If you ain't in those first few rows at a WWE show, forget it. Go for the lower level and save yourself the headache of knowing you spent money to not be able to see. Yes, I'm salty about these things.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunny, how is your wrist? Any legal news?

Super painful, I haven't been able to lift since the incident. It's getting better every day, but I'm just happy nothing is broken or cracked.

Legal news is sit tight and be quiet, and we'll find out. No more news on that front. Hunter has started his legal proceedings with charging Mick, and he's doing it on behalf of the company, I believe. I'm pretty much just letting the lawyers take care of it and I'm there if they need it, prosecuting Mick to the fullest extent because fuck that guy.

jmdajr

Prepare to not see shit for the entire night if you're not in the first five rows on the floor. This goes for any WWE event. WWE fans become assholes when they sit on the floor and you may think "Oh, there's only 20 people between me and the ring" WRONG. There's twenty signs between you and the ring, twenty jackasses waving to their moms watching at home through the entire match between you and the ring, twenty idiots cheering for someone who isn't even wrestling that night between you and the ring.

If you ain't in those first few rows at a WWE show, forget it. Go for the lower level and save yourself the headache of knowing you spent money to not be able to see. Yes, I'm salty about these things.

No doubt. Floor seats at mania 17 was not the best. After that it was higher seats. This year I am giving bleachers/risers a chance. If they suck it will be back to proper stadium seats.

Kaladin

No doubt. Floor seats at mania 17 was not the best. After that it was higher seats. This year I am giving bleachers/risers a chance. If they suck it will be back to proper stadium seats.

You will regret it. They're raised, but not properly raised like actual stadium seats, so you're not really higher than the rows in front of you like you would be.

Also if you go to Mania, especially in a stadium:

At every corner there will be a huge ass post so they can hang the lights. Keep this in mind. My friend bitched up a storm in Miami

jmdajr

Also if you go to Mania, especially in a stadium:

At every corner there will be a huge ass post so they can hang the lights. Keep this in mind. My friend bitched up a storm in Miami

That's only if it's an open dome stadium. Closed no problem.
wrestlemania25320.jpg

BIG SHOW!

also

yay!

Oh look, its team rising face that people hate.

Speaking of tag teams that people hate, i heard that the YBs lost the dgusa tag titles and the crowd was disappointed? What the fuck DGUsa fans? Hop aboard the Bravado Bandwagon!

The crowd hated the Bravados Brothers with passion. They almost got the same heat Gargano gets XD

somedevil

Some WWE news:

- Regarding Ryback being in the doghouse, word is that it's because he went out a week ago and did the spear and the jackhammer, Bill Goldberg moves, and didn't get permission from WWE management first.

- Word from within WWE is that 2014 is going to be a very tag-team-heavy year.

I wonder if that's why someone is going to bat for the American wolves because the need for tag teams. That's why they put woods with truth and the soon to be debut of the Ascension.

strobogo

Banned
Super painful, I haven't been able to lift since the incident. It's getting better every day, but I'm just happy nothing is broken or cracked.

Legal news is sit tight and be quiet, and we'll find out. No more news on that front. Hunter has started his legal proceedings with charging Mick, and he's doing it on behalf of the company, I believe. I'm pretty much just letting the lawyers take care of it and I'm there if they need it, prosecuting Mick to the fullest extent because fuck that guy.

Bummer. I injured my wrist today as well. Weird bump while on the bike jammed it into the handlebar and it has been hurting for hours. I hope Hunter buries Mick in the court of legalese.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One would wonder if WWE hot shotting Woods and Mysterio as appearances right before Survivor Series is a kneejerk move to desperately sell more PPVs as opposed to making a more significant reveal of both during the PPV.

strobogo

Banned
One would wonder if WWE hot shotting Woods and Mysterio as appearances right before Survivor Series is a kneejerk move to desperately sell more PPVs as opposed to making a more significant reveal of both during the PPV.

Lol. How is Woods debuting on Nitro going to sell more PPVs?

It's all about the trip.

Years from now you won't look back and say.

"Hey, you remember that match at Wrestlemania?"

It will be..

"Hey remember that time we went to Wrestlemania. We had a good time."

Totes. I went to New Orleans in August which is definitely dead season for that town and it was still a blast. Going to be infinitely more fun going when the City is bumpin and I'm with my friends (rather than the girlfriend's).

Only real regret from WM28 was not going to see Brock at Raw the next night. Although I'll always remember seeing Sheamus get his big WHC win over Daniel Bryan in Miami...

somedevil

Totes. I went to New Orleans in August which is definitely dead season for that town and it was still a blast. Going to be infinitely more fun going when the City is bumpin and I'm with my friends (rather than the girlfriend's).

Only real regret from WM28 was not going to see Brock at Raw the next night. Although I'll always remember seeing Sheamus get his big WHC win over Daniel Bryan in Miami...

Well you can say you witnessed the birth of Daniel Bryan to Main Eventer and the downfall of the Sheamus as a character.

Also, more of WWE tag teams in 2014:

Also, regarding our discussion of American Wolves and NXT, we're told that 2014 is going to be a very tag-team-heavy year, so if you are a tag team on the indy scene you might want to start really upping you game the best you can

So other than the Young Bucks who didn't shake no hands what are the hot tag teams in the Indies and in New Japan right now?

strobogo

Banned
Oh my god. If the Young Bucks go to WWE for anything other than getting their wigs split by Mark Henry, I might have to give up wrasslin all together. 4LYFE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god. If the Young Bucks go to WWE for anything other than getting their wigs split by Mark Henry, I might have to give up wrasslin all together. 4LYFE.

Can you honestly believe those two little shits wouldn't get buried to hell and back? I'm pulling for it, I can't wait.

strobogo

Banned
I'd like to see them get an allowance of one superkick per month. And get squashed by Mark. And be the first team for Cesaro to giant swing at the same time. And get pedigreed.

You're right. I hope WWE picks them up.

Oh, you absolute bastards, PCW have booked Vader vs Mastiff on December 6th - you going to that one Jeff?

I doubt it'll be a terribly long match, but if there's one guy in the UK you want to see wrestle Vader, it's Dave Mastiff;

iblbnLZKd1t888.gif

I reckon so bud but I haven't got tickets yet

On the mastiff Front here is an extremely out of focus and vertical video with pointless slow mo I took at weekend (the quality reflects my pissed state)

http://youtu.be/1tB4Rjj9INM

Fludder is trying his best to get AJ to come and defend against lionheart in December as well and it's got some media attention

In other news Nash, Hall and X PAC were in Glasgow tonight charging £20 a pic and £20 per signature on top of that apparently

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A singlet would do wonders for Mastiff, but also make him look SUPER generic.

Ithil

Some WWE news:

I wonder if that's why someone is going to bat for the American wolves because the need for tag teams. That's why they put woods with truth and the soon to be debut of the Ascension.

If Triple H is skeptical of the Wolves, I guess that's what they're gonna do to win him over in their week-long tryout, show off their tag team wrestling. We all know H loves his tag team wrestling.

Ithil

For as amazing as NXT is they have a godawful tag division.

Especially with Enzo Amore out of the picture.

It's weird too. It has a really good women's division (while only using a third of the women in developmental too), but pretty much no tag division, even though it's tag team wrestling that HHH is a fan of, not women's.
The Ascension are more or less the only established team, and they suck ass.

XShagrath

NXT tapings are tomorrow night. I'm tempted to go and hope for an American Wolves dark match. What do you think the chances for that are?

Top Bottom