• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

jmdajr

She's in her 50s, she can still go!

uqwnZPZ.jpg

where to?

Kaladin

o_O

And there was me thinking the 35 quid I paid for 3rd row seats to see Bret Hart and Tanahashi was a bit pricey.

If I was spending that sort of crazy-ass WrestleMania money, it'd be on a trip to Tokyo.

Actually, I was wrong. $500 is still in the risers section, but the seat I got at Wrestlemania 24 is now in the $300 range.

Kaladin

If I added up the money I have spent over the three Wrestlemania weekends I have attended, I could probably have a week's worth of The Rock's $500 shirts.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know guys, I'd still rather rewatch Divas Musical Chairs segments all night than watch another fifteen minute Triple H Authority promo.

jred2k

Since January 2012 Del rio has been in 14 WHC matches at ppv's. With suvior seris being his 15. Time to give him a rest I think

No way, he's just about to get REALLY over. Maybe now that Rey Mysterio is back they can re-do the feud he had with RVD, but have it make some sense this time.

You know guys, I'd still rather rewatch Divas Musical Chairs segments all night than watch another fifteen minute Triple H Authority promo.

I'd rather watch paint dry than suffer through another Mr. H's opening to RAW.

The guy is a fucking vacuum of entertainment.

Speaking of tag teams that people hate, i heard that the YBs lost the dgusa tag titles and the crowd was disappointed? What the fuck DGUsa fans? Hop aboard the Bravado Bandwagon!

I like that the only reason Gabe hopped aboard the Bravado Bandwagon was because ROH stopped booking them and now they're his tag champs. I like the Bravados, but I like mocking Gabe even more.

jmdajr

I don't know how much I have spent but logistically it has worked out.

Wrestlemania 17 and 25 were both here in Houston, and my in-laws live 3 hours from New York City so it was a good excuse to visit for 29.

This time same deal. New Orleans not far from H-town and if they ever do one in Dallas I will probbaly go there.

jmdajr

All jokes aside, I actually actually never taken a bathroom break during a divas match. I give them a chance.

somedevil

You need to re-read what they said. They said only singles in the $476 price and pairs were only available in the $190 limited view sections.

Also hey look $272 tickets they failed to mention:

8qxaWkd.jpg

I read it wrong and was incorrect but the whole thing is that WWE is happy with sells because all the real expensive ones are sold out. The rest will sell out later when the card is formed. People right now are buying tickets to a show with no real idea of what the matches will be.

strobogo

Banned
I can't believe the Divas match is even being considered. It's going to be the worst match of all time. And will still probably be 5 minutes and end in a roll up.

krae_man

I sat near the back of the floor level (on the risers) at Wrestlemania 28 and paid $500 for that ticket. Now it seems like the lower level tickets are $500.

Also, at Wrestlemania 24, my ticket at the lowest end of the lower level seats was ~ $175.

They are about the same as Miami, With maybe some expanding of some of the higher price levels.

It looks like it's still just the central risers and non "Keep your chair" floors for $500.

jred2k

I hope the Divas match is on during the 10pm hour so I can watch it and Total Divas in picture-in-picture.

I'm seeing double! Eight Bellas!

jmdajr

I regret spending money on a lot of things like full price games I don't play/beat (rentals for life now), but vacation trips isn't really one of them.

Sure I could technically still go and get cheaper tickets which I will almost certainty have to in the future as my kid gets older. (Hell I might not even be able to afford cable/internet to watch it at home!)

I think everyone should be good about saving money but not all of it. You could die tomorrow and that's that. Hell cancer could have ended me.

Whatever the case if it's something unique you can enjoy every once in awhile have at it.

Naturally that something will be different for everyone.

Aiii

So not worth it
I can't believe the Divas match is even being considered. It's going to be the worst match of all time. And will still probably be 5 minutes and end in a roll up.

Maybe if they eliminate all the dead weight in the first minute or so and just have AJ and Kaitlyn vs. Natalya and Brie for ten minutes it can be good, throw some AJ and Kaitlyn Chickbuster stuff in there or something.

But they won't do that.

krae_man

I read it wrong and was incorrect but the whole thing is that WWE is happy with sells because all the real expensive ones are sold out. The rest will sell out later when the card is formed. People right now are buying tickets to a show with no real idea of what the matches will be.

Sorry, when it comes to ticketing my BS alarm always goes off. Everyone feels the need to lie or make stuff up so they sound better then they really are despite the fact reality is still really good. It bugs me.

At the end of the day there will be 70k+ there and the gate will be massive I'm sure, and the WWE will feel the need to lie and call it a record despite the fact they probably won't be able to break last years gate and won't be able to beat the Superdomes attendance record.

strobogo

Banned
Nattie isn't a good wrestler. At all. People should stop pretending she is because she's a Hart and WWE has been saying she's a good wrestler. I wouldn't even say she's better than any of the rest of the Divas cast.

The Divas match will be pretty ridiculous, because I can't see them even getting 10 minutes, so there's going to be a pinfall/elimination every 30 seconds or so.

Divas matches get the same treatment as any other match, I'll watch an AJ match no matter what and I love Summer Rae and Fandango and will watch anything they do. Most of the time I'm just complaining on here about the match

jmdajr

Sorry, when it comes to ticketing my BS alarm always goes off. Everyone feels the need to lie or make stuff up so they sound better then they really are despite the fact reality is still really good. It bugs me.

At the end of the day there will be 70k+ there and the gate will be massive I'm sure, and the WWE will feel the need to lie and call it a record despite the fact they probably won't be able to break last years gate and won't be able to beat the Superdomes attendance record.

Who cares. Tooting their own horn is part of the business. It's part of marketing. You want them to under sell themselves? That's dumb.

Who cares. Tooting their own horn is part of the business. It's part of marketing. You want them to under sell themselves? That's dumb.

At this point WWE tooting their own horn has become pure background noise. I doubt anyone pays the slightest bit of attention, because it's something they do CONTINUALLY (Did you know? Last week RAW was the most socially active blah blah blah...) and when you do it to that degree, no one pays you any notice.

I hope the Divas match ends with Jazz coming out of the crowd and stretching someone out.

That would be awesome. I have no doubt that 2013 Jazz could destroy the entire Divas division.

jmdajr

At this point WWE tooting their own horn has become pure background noise. I doubt anyone pays the slightest bit of attention, because it's something they do CONTINUALLY (Did you know? Last week RAW was the most socially active blah blah blah...) and when you do it to that degree, no one pays you any notice.

That would be awesome. I have no doubt that 2013 Jazz could destroy the entire Divas division.

Ahh but you did notice, How else would you know RAW was the most socially active show last week?

Aiii

So not worth it
Nattie isn't a good wrestler. At all. People should stop pretending she is because she's a Hart and WWE has been saying she's a good wrestler. I wouldn't even say she's better than any of the rest of the Divas cast.

She's not a great wrestler, but she's not a bad wrestler either. AJ vs. Natalya on Main Event was a good fun match. And it's not like there's alot of opponents they can put with AJ right now, so what do you propose instead? Rosa vs. AJ?

jmdajr

She's not a great wrestler, but she's not a bad wrestler either. AJ vs. Natalya on Main Event was a good fun match. And it's not like there's alot of opponents they can put with AJ right now, so what do you propose instead? Rosa vs. AJ?

Wonder why they are taking so long to bring up NXT talent. Maybe we can get a female version of the Shield.

It be hot!

Ahh but you did notice, How else would you know RAW was the most socially active show last week?

I didn't even watch RAW! I just fucking guessed. That's how much they've overdone this shit.

Did you know, more people among the female 18-22 demographic watched Smackdown last week than any other show on SyFy?

They just pull these stats out of their ass!

jmdajr

I didn't even watch RAW! I just fucking guessed. That's how much they've overdone this shit.

Did you know, more people among the female 18-22 demographic watched Smackdown last week than any other show on SyFy?

They just pull these stats out of their ass!

WHY ARE YOU MAD THOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRR!

Hey you didn't watch RAW this week and still remembered. haha.

jmdajr

I'm taking some vacation days to do a week in New Orleans which should set me back a couple grand. Another ~200 for WM tix is just icing

It's all about the trip.

Years from now you won't look back and say.

"Hey, you remember that match at Wrestlemania?"

It will be..

"Hey remember that time we went to Wrestlemania. We had a good time."

Kaladin

You guys know what is awesome? When you have a local joint that you frequent and will book bands you like if you send them their way. I've done that several times over the past year with the local bar and I've got to see a bunch of bands locally that I wouldn't have got to see otherwise.

It's a good feeling when you can help make something happen.

Kaladin

Wrestlemania is one of those things that you need to know for sure when they announce the city that you're going. I was lucky to have 3 Manias within driving distance of me in recent years and I knew I was going to each one the minute they announced the city. This coming year? I've had other stuff going on and NOLA seemed improbable at the time (still does).

My point is, when they announce the city for the next Mania, you need to start figuring out if it's possible for you to go, and then planning if it is. Otherwise you might not get to go, or everything might not work out the way you want it to.

I regret spending money on a lot of things like full price games I don't play/beat (rentals for life now), but vacation trips isn't really one of them.

Sure I could technically still go and get cheaper tickets which I will almost certainty have to in the future as my kid gets older. (Hell I might not even be able to afford cable/internet to watch it at home!)

I think everyone should be good about saving money but not all of it. You could die tomorrow and that's that. Hell cancer could have ended me.

Whatever the case if it's something unique you can enjoy every once in awhile have at it.

Naturally that something will be different for everyone.

Fully agreed. I've dropped some coin on these weekends but I've always had an unforgettable time. Mania may be the most expensive and not the best show of the weekend but it's an awesome part of the weekend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'll never spend that kind of money on Mania itself. Even though nobody has any regrets from going, I just can't. Even if you consider it a vacation. Just...nope.

Kaladin

I'll never spend that kind of money on Mania itself. Even though nobody has any regrets from going, I just can't. Even if you consider it a vacation. Just...nope.

Mania is an experience like no other. You're in a town surrounded by wrestling fans for an entire weekend with a buffet of events to go to from WWE sponsored fanfare to indie wrestling shows. It's worth any amount of money you spend on it. Hell, I'd even argue Mania itself is just as fun from the rafters as it is from the floor (I have experienced both).

Nothing will ever top Wrestlemania 24 weekend though.....my first and the best of them all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it the overall expense? What if you got a free ticket to the event?

I think honestly, the big turnoff is the price of the ticket to Wrestlemania itself. I can find fun in a town I don't live in - there's shit to see. Mania itself is fucking ridiculous pricewise though.

Mania is an experience like no other. You're in a town surrounded by wrestling fans for an entire weekend with a buffet of events to go to from WWE sponsored fanfare to indie wrestling shows. It's worth any amount of money you spend on it. Hell, I'd even argue Mania itself is just as fun from the rafters as it is from the floor (I have experienced both).

Nothing will ever top Wrestlemania 24 weekend though.....my first and the best of them all.

And that's just too much wrestling for me, honestly. I can handle maybe 2 shows in 2 days then I'm tapping out and hate wrasslin for a week.

Top Bottom