• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Strobogo's just jealous that The Young Bucks are more entertaining than mid-90's WCW ever was and that, if the Bucks were only a bit older, they'd undoubtedly have been the best thing about WCW.

iVZ6I2nHt9Vly.gif

G-Fex

Oh man I was thinking last night that if Daniel Bryan lost the title match that Hogan could make the save and win the belt himself.

It'd be the same spot but like many many years later!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Top 5 Pinning manoeuvres.

1. A proper huracanrana. No just jumping and making people flip over, an actual move to get a pin, be it a luchador or Scott Stiner or a blow-up doll beating Kenny Omega.
2. Small Package. Bryan's best run in wrestling was as Mr. Small Package.
3. Gannosuke Clutch http://youtu.be/nNCxGyircak
4. Banzai Drop.
5. Crucifix. Especially Josh Mathews training to do one against Al Snow.

Top 5 Pinning manoeuvres.

1. A proper huracanrana. No just jumping and making people flip over, an actual move to get a pin, be it a luchador or Scott Stiner or a blow-up doll beating Kenny Omega.
2. Small Package. Bryan's best run in wrestling was as Mr. Small Package.
3. Gannosuke Clutch http://youtu.be/nNCxGyircak
4. Banzai Drop.
5. Crucifix. Especially Josh Mathews training to do one against Al Snow.

Nice list, a proper hurricanrana is real hard to come by these days - it's become one of those moves that seemingly EVERYONE does at some point, but no one does perfectly and vary rarely is it used as a pinning maneuver anymore.

Also, special mention for the Gedo Clutch;

i7umLWiwDLScj.gif

Jamie OD

Nice list, a proper hurricanrana is real hard to come by these days - it's become one of those moves that seemingly EVERYONE does at some point, but no one does perfectly and vary rarely is it used as a pinning maneuver anymore.

Also, special mention for the Gedo Clutch;

i7umLWiwDLScj.gif

I love moves like the Gedo Clutch and La Magistral Cradle that can be used as a convincing match ender.

charsace

6QPOHUF.gif

This is one of the best bumps taken this year. The only women's bump that competes with it is when AJ took that spear.

G-Fex

women wrestlers are very nimble.

Also it reminds of that one time John Cena gave the clothesline from hell to Miz

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I post a fucking great and respectful interview, and you jackasses ignore it for silly gifs and the same Bucks joke that you've been making for months and months???

You fucks!

charsace

women wrestlers are very nimble.

Also it reminds of that one time John Cena gave the clothesline from hell to Miz

Daniel Bryan is rubbing off on her. She has looked good in the ring so far in this feud. I was watching some video of them together at an event and while DBry was speaking Brie was looking at him and it was easy to see that she's completely into him. And you know its real because she isn't a good actress at all when she is called on to be something other than a bitch character.

G-Fex

I post a fucking great and respectful interview, and you jackasses ignore it for silly gifs and the same Bucks joke that you've been making for months and months???

You fucks!

ipgLYGLITK4u.gif

So much salt.

I'm kidding Soul I'm watching it right now.

And I thought it was some sort of comedy sketch at first. Dem production values.

and the interviewer looks like a black Paul Heyman

Daniel Bryan is rubbing off on her. She has looked good in the ring so far in this feud. I was watching some video of them together at an event and while DBry was speaking Brie was looking at him and it was easy to see that she's completely into him. And you know its real because she isn't a good actress at all when she is called on to be something other than a bitch character.

Yeah she needs some sort of silly gimmick for people to like her I think.

charsace

ipgLYGLITK4u.gif

So much salt.

I'm kidding Soul I'm watching it right now.

And I thought it was some sort of comedy sketch at first. Dem production values.

and the interviewer looks like a black Paul Heyman

Yeah she needs some sort of silly gimmick for people to like her I think.

If she was very charismatic or good on the mic she would be doing better. Because right now in the ring isn't the problem. Right now only Summer Rae and AJ are better at taking bumps than her in the division.

G-Fex

Speaking of Summer Rae I'd be happy not seeing her or that red head lady ever ever ever ever wrestle again.

Summer Rae is a fucking parrot

You fucks!

I tried man. The face of the host just hurts me too much. Plus his initials are HHH......I got scared of a possible burial.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

You fucks!

How did you enjoy the Dick Togo interview?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
OK, Kane gives very few interviews about the business and his life, but this is one of the most respectful interviews about wrestling from an outside perspective. Absolutely fantastic, seriously. Even if you're not a Kane fan, you'll love this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTWjgF31R6k

One of the things I've picked up, Kane has shrunk over the years. He's now 6'8", when he used to be a bit over 6'9".

Just finished this. Long video but absolutely fantastic. Really respectful interview, too, I saw that you mentioned it was but this interviewer is awesome. Highly recommended!

Honestly, I can't stand big dudes with ridiculous, muscle bound physiques. They're all terrible wrestlers.

Like Brock Lesnar.

Strobogo's just jealous that The Young Bucks are more entertaining than mid-90's WCW ever was and that, if the Bucks were only a bit older, they'd undoubtedly have been the best thing about WCW.

Why is Bootaaay trying to get cheap heel heat?

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Monday Nitro 8/2/99

The show starts with a recap of the last 2 weeks of Nitros.

Nash/Hogan hype video, this time without any narration and it was sped up quite a bit from the one they had been playing. The first 30 seconds or so you could hear Penzer trying to hype up the crowd.

We then go straight into Harlem Heat reuniting on Thunder.

Kanyon/Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Harlem Heat

The Triad even ruins Kanyon for me. They do YO MAMA jokes, this time about Chris Benoit's mom. I don't believe this to be a title match. Harlem Heat reunites and Booker loses his pyro. Lol. He also wouldn't reform Harlem Heat unless Stevie took off the nWo colors, so Booker comes out wearing black and white in their first match back. I always thought the cock rings Harlem Heat wore to keep their singlet tied together were pretty strange. Booker is finally doing something again, but it is definitely a step back to go back to Harlem Heat. He should be in the US Championship level, edging right up around the main events. Harlem Heat won after Benoit pulled DDP off the apron while attempting to interfere. You couldn't tell it was Benoit, so it just looked like DDP slipped off the apron. Benoit challenged DDP to a match. All over his mother. All these fucking mama's boys in WCW.

i8MYNgXOISU8s.gif

TO THE BACK. Lenny and Lodi start talking like they actually ARE brothers, remembering child hood memories.

Rad Bork NEXT WEEK!

Nitro Girls kind of dance.

President Sting comes to the ring. He didn't like the finish of last week's tag, so he calls out Sid and Rick Steiner, and asks Goldberg to be his partner tonight. He doesn't have to ask. He's the president. He can just book the match he wants to have.

The Cat vs Lenny

Cat calls Buff out on his minstrel show a few weeks ago. He's the only one to do so. Lenny and Lodi now wear copious amounts of glitter and share lollipops with each other. Cat dominated both of them even without his ruby slippers.

TO THE MEAN BROTHERJACKDUDE. Hogan has shaved the beard and is back to just the mustache. Hulk again refers to Nash as a woman and says they're going to SHOOT right now. They don't like each other and never have. Nash has been trying to get rid of Hogan since day one. He then challenges Nash to a title match tonight.

Sting comes back out to get his answer from Goldberg. Again, he's the boss. He could just book the match. Goldberg comes out of his locker room, only to find Rick Steiner and Sid waiting for him. Sting runs to the back and is also attacked. Sting made a brief come back only to get laid out. Goldberg made his way out of the laundry room and made the save. Scott Hudson's favorite word is "glom". He uses it any time someone gets hit. With anything. A punch. A kick. A shovel. It was then replayed before they went to commercial and after they came back from break.

iGGvBezeN46nO.gif

Evan Karagias vs Disco Inferno

Disco is wearing pretty sweet gold pants. Too bad Evan fucking sucks. Disco wins with the Last Dance.

TO THE BACK.
Torrie wants to know why David is defending his title as often as he does.

US Championship hype video, which turns into a David Flair SMEAR campaign.

KISS performing August 23rd!

Nitro Girls kind of dance.

TO THE BACK. Sid rants in whisper form and I didn't hear a word he said.

Saturn t-shirt ad that has him in random place he shouldn't be. They had a really weird Bam Bam shirt ad that they aired a lot where he was slamming pallets on his shirt and sweating profusely because his shirt was so hardcore.

izMYsx2uhTpTY.gif

Hugh Morrus/Jerry Flynn vs Dean Malenko/Shane Douglas

Dean and Flynn start out. Hugh has a weird goatee that goes up almost to his eyes. If his facial hair grows that high, he should have been rocking a monster beard this whole time. A year later, Hugh and Shane would be co headlining PPVs that no one bought, Jerry Flynn would be fired, and Dean would be feuding with the Hardy Boys and being James Bond. I really liked Shane in his 2nd WCW run and his first ECW run. He sucked pretty much every other time he was around. He pinned Flynn with the Pittsburgh Plunge. Dean stole the hardcore trophy for Finlay.

Did you know KISS is coming to Nitro?

Goldberg/Megadeath video.

Nitro Girls dance.

Rick Steiner heads to the announce table and throws Scott Hudson into the ring and beats him up. Probably for saying he was a shitty and unsafe worker who no one wanted to see feuding with Goldberg. And guess who replaced Hudson for the remainder of the show? That's right, Eric Bischoff! Not Tony Schiavone or even Mike Tenay, but the guy who was powerbombed last week and should be off screen for quite a while. Also of note is that the announce table is clearly gimmicked, so I'm sure it will get used later.

Bobby Duncum Jr. vs Saturn

Curt Hennig came out before the match to say that there have been guys for 10 years that have been trying to be Curt Hennig, and we all know who he's talking about. I don't, actually. Bischoff ruins the surprise that he was talking about Chad Brock by mentioning him before Curt did, just like he did with Sid/Sting last week. Saturn should be called Uranus. Saturn immediately hits a DVD on Duncum and calls Hennig into the ring.

Curt Hennig vs Saturn

Saturn didn't actually pin Duncum, but this is a new match. They have a short match. Saturn hits the DVD and the rest of the Rednecks hit the ring to cause a DQ. Saturn is tied up until Dean and Shane hit the ring for a save. So, Shane/Benoit/Dean/Saturn are all about being held down and how they're taking their rightful spot at the top of WCW, and they're going to do this by feuding with the 3MB of 1999.

Recap of Triad screwing Benoit out of the US Championship last week.

DDP vs Chris Benoit

I would expect this to be decent, but fuck Triad DDP and I'm in a shitty mood to begin with. Benoit won with a roll through of a roll up. DDP hit three Kanyon Cutters after the match and whipped Benoit with a belt while David Flair shit talked.

TO THE BACK
. Sid is still angrily whispering.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Randy Savage is he guest. He's placing his presidential campaign on hold because he has a hit list he needs to take care of first. Hogan and Nash are dead. Rodman is REALLY dead. I'm quite sure Savage was about to say "that nigger", but stopped himself. Mona comes out instead of Rodman. She wants her job back. He again forces her to her knees to beg for her job. She's still fired. Rodman comes out with SWOLL and 2x4, says "Macho Asshole", and said he had sex with George. Once you go black, you never go back. "Just because you've been someone else's bitch your whole life, doesn't mean you can come after mine." Bischoff got pissed and demanded their mics be cut since they both won't stop cursing. Mona low blows Macho and Rodman then attacks him. Not learning from the Rednecks/NLS feud, they've booked another one with two completely unlikable people who are both heels and abuse/kidnap women.

icCQWly3RINu3.gif

Bischoff can't even read copy right. It's ten ten two twenty, not one zero one zero two twenty.

Vampiro vs Eddie Guerrero

ICP and Raven were with Vamp. Bischoff says they were going to show footage of the Nitro Girls PPV, but TNT wouldn't allow it. He also mentions that most of the language in the last segment had been censored. I don't know who he was telling that to. Anyone watching would already know that. Bobby is kind of a mark for Vamp. A camera man is taken out, Eddie looks like he had some painkillers before the match, and fans aren't reacting to anything. Eddie knocked both clowns off the apron and did a pescado. Bischoff tries to make puns. Raven shoves Eddie off the ropes and Vamp hits the Nail in the Coffin to make it a win. Rey and Konnan made a save after the match.

A hype video for the Berlyn Wall airs. Fuck, Alex Wright showed up as Berlyn like 4 months ago and this is the first time they've done anything with it since then.

Bischoff asks Hogan to join the announce team for the main event.

Sting/Goldberg vs Sid/Rick Steiner

Heenan leaves the booth, so we get Hogan and Bischoff calling a match. Fuck. Goldberg has a GIANT bump on the back of his head from the attack earlier. Not only are Hogan and Bischoff awful at calling a match, but camera crews have missed every spot so far. Hogan got muted for saying, "My god". He also kept saying that Goldberg was on fire while doing the most lethargic punches you've seen, probably because he had a concussion from landing on his head earlier in the night. Rick went to get a chair, Hulk intercepted and caused a DQ after hitting both Rick and Sid. Kevin Nash then showed up OUTTA NOWHERE and powerbombed Hogan through the announce table. Maybe that would have had some impact if the table wasn't so obviously gimmicked. For starters, it was made out of cardboard. It also clearly didn't have monitors in it and the spots where they go were now solid areas just panted a darker shade of black. And one monitor was on the table for most of the show, which was magically gone when Nash came out. If anyone had seen wrestling in the prior 2 years, they would have known that table was getting used at some point. Goldberg wasn't even legally in the match. HE'S BACK...to show up for a few weeks and start a feud with Rick Steiner.

ibqbBKwxfT9nB0.gif

DQ Count: 2 out of 9 matches.

The whole show sucked. Everything sucks. WCW sucks. Wrestling sucks. Life sucks. Earth sucks. Tires suck. Every single feud in WCW sucks. Eric Bischoff no selling a powerbomb from Sid sucks. Eric Bischoff being on TV sucks. Hulk Hogan being the top face sucks. Goldberg being completely wasted with a Rick Steiner feud sucks. Sting being the boss and not even having the power to book his own matches sucks. The Summer of 1999 is the fucking worst for WCW. I'm dying for Russo to come in.

Look on the bright side bogo, you're coming up on the Nitro that was in Boise! Well...Nampa.

And I was there! Ten year old me saw the return of Hulk Hogan!

...Which REALLY should've been in the South/Georgia, but WHATEVA

Oh for fuck's sake, you damn CHIKARA cult nutters.

Bragging about a phone stream running better than a promotion's iPPVs is silly. Get your head out of your ass before you become a black hole

*spins in circles*

strobogo

Banned
Look on the bright side bogo, you're coming up on the Nitro that was in Boise! Well...Nampa.

And I was there! Ten year old me saw the return of Hulk Hogan!

...Which REALLY should've been in the South/Georgia, but WHATEVA

It should have been in the North East. And not happened at all.

So Gi Stro you going to review the Nitro Girls PPV for completion sake?

No. I don't even think most of the Nitro Girls were that hot. All but one or two had fake tits and none of them were very good at dancing.

somedevil

Listening to Alvarez here is the potential Survivor Series card:

Orton vs Big Show
Del Rio vs Cena
Big E vs Ambrose
The Shield. the Real Americans, the Usos and the Rhodes either in a 4 on 4 match or 4 corners tag match.
The Wyatts vs Punk and Bryan in either a tag match or a 4 on 4 survivor series match
Divas Match

Also, some in the WWE believe michaels is coming back to face Bryan at WrestleMania. So the possibility of Michaels coming back has gone up to 10%.

Ha. I forgot about WCW making such a huge fucking deal about Chad Brock performing on Nitro. He was a C-level country singer at best. Before he got into country music, he actually trained at the WCW Power Plant. He was just a jobber for about two years until he suffered a serious injury, forcing him to quit.

They rolled him out on Nitro at the exact same moment Chris Jericho was making his WWF debut on Raw. The quarter-hour ratings breakdown for that time period was comical to say the least.

SPOILER: Brock performs some song, Curt Hennig comes out at the end. He knocks Brock's hat off. The Rednecks swarm Brock until THE REVOLUTION comes out to back them down. Brock challenges Hennig to a match that never happens and Brock is never mentioned again.

bjork

Also, some in the WWE believe michaels is coming back to face Bryan at WrestleMania. So the possibility of Michaels coming back has gone up to 10%.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I like HBK and all, but I also like that he's always said no when they ask if he's coming back. I'd like to see one guy actually stick to it and stay retired.

somedevil

I really hope this doesn't happen. I like HBK and all, but I also like that he's always said no when they ask if he's coming back. I'd like to see one guy actually stick to it and stay retired.

Well he was always going to come back at one point because he said he wants to do a match when his kids understand what he does. So it could happen now or a couple years down the line.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

They could even build that into the angle. HBK saying how he was never ever going to come back but hes only coming back because he respects Bryan. And by respect I mean he wants to be his ass down for not respecting his greatness.

If Bryan really isn't going to main event at WM then a match against HBK would be neat. Although I still want this Wyatt stuff to eventually lead to a WM match between Bryan and Punk.

Its a trap Hunter just wants to get a win over HBK at Wrestlemania and declare himself the better of the two with WWE revisionist promo packages

Top Bottom