• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The real reason for Vince to buy TNA would be the once in a lifetime opportunity to...fire JJ for the second time live on national television.

He's going to be on Impact tomorrow night. You should watch it.

iqLUFZTGGi21E.gif

bird1.gif

So I just bought tickets for Monday Night Raw that's going to be held on a....Tuesday..

iddhN9O0o5v1O.gif

I think I'm going to one of the shitty taped ones, brothers.

Still excited though, will be my first WWE event.

RBH

The symbolic "beginning of the end" of WCW for me was when they changed from this classic Nitro set:

026_Nitro_00000000_0004.jpg

To this piece of garbage:

jVPLI4hXvYM3u.png

I went to Beyond Wrestling on Sunday and watched Eddie Edwards vs Biff Busick in a 60 man Ironman match.... probably the best match I've ever seen live. If HHH is stupid/ignorant enough to pass on Edwards after this "trial week". I'd be more than happy to continue seeing him live at Beyond.

Oh, is TNA legit in trouble this time? Just this seems to happen every year, only this year it's been happening every month.

They should just make it a huge ARG storyline and really fuck around with people ala CHIKARA.

strobogo

Banned
Now I'm positive that's Melissa in Lococyle. How weird.

Neither of those women look like Melissa at all.

Today is StroMomo's surgery, so I'll be spending most of the day at the hospital alternating my time between Punisher MAX (first time, pretty pumped), Candy Crush, and Graham Hancock.

Jamie OD

The symbolic "beginning of the end" of WCW for me was when they changed from this classic Nitro set:

026_Nitro_00000000_0004.jpg

To this piece of garbage:

jVPLI4hXvYM3u.png

Even WCW thought it was ugly. The pic below was a legit paper advertisement for Nitro hyping up its new look.

KQkiK.jpg

Total Divas timeline is the best WWE universe.

Daniel Bryan is still the WWE Champion. :D

Cena is a heel.

Ginger Mahal is a promising up and comer.

NO TRIPLE H

I love it.

jred2k

So I just bought tickets for Monday Night Raw that's going to be held on a....Tuesday..

I think I'm going to one of the shitty taped ones, brothers.

Still excited though, will be my first WWE event.

Probably the Raw for the week of New Years or Christmas. You'll either get to see Cena save Santa or shit drop on someone. Congrats!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Today is StroMomo's surgery, so I'll be spending most of the day at the hospital alternating my time between Punisher MAX (first time, pretty pumped), Candy Crush, and Graham Hancock.

Good luck brother! Punisher MAX is good, even if I prefer other Punishers.

strobogo

Banned
Good luck brother! Punisher MAX is good, even if I prefer other Punishers.

It's a 5-6 hour surgery even if everything is on time and as quick as possible. And anyone who has had to wait at a hospital for someone to have a surgery, you know that's rarely ever the case. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes and expect to be there until 5 or 6 tonight. Long day ahead.

As if it wasn't awkward enough to spend a day down the hall while your mom is getting her tits lopped off, I'll also have to spend it with a number of family members that I wouldn't want to spend any time with on a good day. And now I'll be stuck with them in a hospital.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a 5-6 hour surgery even if everything is on time and as quick as possible. And anyone who has had to wait at a hospital for someone to have a surgery, you know that's rarely ever the case. I'm leaving in about 10 minutes and expect to be there until 5 or 6 tonight. Long day ahead.

As if it wasn't awkward enough to spend a day down the hall while your mom is getting her tits lopped off, I'll also have to spend it with a number of family members that I wouldn't want to spend any time with on a good day. And now I'll be stuck with them in a hospital.

At least you know how long it'll be. Roughly. In pre-internet days I went with my mom to the hospital for a procedure, should have taken 2 hours. 8 hours later I was going fucking insane and there was no staff around.

Aiii

So not worth it
Good luck Strob, I'm sure all will go well.

US is weird in this sense, in The Netherlands relatives don't stay in the hospital during surgery. You simply get a call from a nurse afterwards to tell you how it went and to inform you when your relative wakes up (or if they're woken up) so you can come visit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck Strob, I'm sure all will go well.

US is weird in this sense, in The Netherlands relatives don't stay in the hospital during surgery. You simply get a call from a nurse afterwards to tell you how it went and to inform you when your relative wakes up (or if they're woken up) so you can come visit.

We're hands on. I hate that aspect. "Wait here" for everything. Then again, nothing is within walking distance.

Damn awful attendance for All Japan's latest show at Korakuen Hall;

That's after AJPW's owner spent 80m yen advertising the tour (double what New Japan spent advertising the G1 this year).

jbyaFpA5WfgFge_e.jpg

I need to pick the perfect disgusted screencap and make a smiley for it.

I went to Beyond Wrestling on Sunday and watched Eddie Edwards vs Biff Busick in a 60 man Ironman match.... probably the best match I've ever seen live. If HHH is stupid/ignorant enough to pass on Edwards after this "trial week". I'd be more than happy to continue seeing him live at Beyond.

Nice to hear it was a great match, I've been trying to go spoiler free as I'm really looking forward to watching it once the DVD is released. Edwards vs Busick has been one of my favourite rivalries in indie wrestling this year, so I'm glad to see some praise for Edwards here. For my money he's one of the most underrated guys out there.

Aiii

So not worth it
The WWE/Scooby Doo animated crossover film, which will be released to DVD in March 2014, has been officially titled “Scooby Doo and the Curse of the Ghost Bear.”

The story will see the Mystery, Inc. gang win tickets for Wrestlemania, only to find the show threatened by the appearance of well, a ghost bear.

Vince McMahon, AJ Lee, Santino Marella and Brodus Clay are among the WWE talents slated for the film.

Looks like we can both anticipate this one Sunny.

Aiii

So not worth it
With our luck, Cena will be the Ghost Bear and Scooby Doo will be the closest we'll get to a heel turn.

Mandatory:
1472095_10202025028163906_2116733177_n.jpg

And this was before Total Divas, where he has his actual rl girlfriend pack up her house and end the lease, move in with him and only THEN presents her with a contract saying he can kick her out within 48 hours whenever he feels like it.

jred2k

I don't even want a Cena heel turn. He'd still be an overprotected shithead with even greater license to be an asshole to people. I just want him to get a career-ending injury and to go away. Maybe he could figure out some way to take HHH with him.

Edit:

And this was before Total Divas, where he has his actual rl girlfriend pack up her house, ends the lease and moves in with him and only THEN presents her with a contract saying he can kick her out within 48 hours whenever he feels like it.

Nvm, I like him again.

Kaladin

Mandatory:
1472095_10202025028163906_2116733177_n.jpg

And this was before Total Divas, where he has his actual rl girlfriend pack up her house and end the lease, move in with him and only THEN presents her with a contract saying he can kick her out within 48 hours whenever he feels like it.

GndztOE.gif

Kaladin

Anyone remember Survivor Series 1993?

The Hart Family vs HBK & his Knights

The Four Doinks vs The Headshrinkers, Bastion Booger, Bam Bam Big Yellow

Lex Luger's All Americans vs The Foreign Fanatics

Marty Jannetty, Randy Savage, Razor Ramon and The 1–2–3 Kid vs Irwin R. Schyster, Diesel, Rick Martel and Adam Bomb

Those were some matches.

Didn't seethes posted ESPN doing a 30for 30 on the Von Erich's

- ESPN is currently at work on a 30 For 30 program focusing on the Von Erich family that will air in January. Kevin Von Erich will be interviewed for the program.

GL STRO!

Good luck stro!

Damn awful attendance for All Japan's latest show at Korakuen Hall;

BZliReACcAE9hx5.jpg

That's after AJPW's owner spent 80m yen advertising the tour (double what New Japan spent advertising the G1 this year).

damn =/

On a positive note, my new TV comes in tomorrow. yaaaaaaaay

Kaladin

Anyone remember Survivor Series 1993?

The Hart Family vs HBK & his Knights

The Four Doinks vs The Headshrinkers, Bastion Booger, Bam Bam Big Yellow

Lex Luger's All Americans vs The Foreign Fanatics

Marty Jannetty, Randy Savage, Razor Ramon and The 1–2–3 Kid vs Irwin R. Schyster, Diesel, Rick Martel and Adam Bomb

Those were some matches.

On an interesting note, I don't think I knew who HBK's Knights were till looking it up just now. (Barry Horowitz, Greg Valentine & Jeff Gaylord)

Why couldn't they have got ringers for Bruce and Keith Hart?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't seethes posted ESPN doing a 30for 30 on the Von Erich's

Yeah, I saw this yesterday I think, friggin excited but also sad because I've kinda seen it all before. 30 for 30s are amazing though. I'd love one on the 80s WWF.

If no one objects, I just set up a Survivor Series OT, that would be ready to go in the mains. just need a good title

It would be my first OT ever so please be gentle, it's nothing glorious but does the trick.

Kaladin

If no one objects, I just set up a Survivor Series OT, that would be ready to go in the mains. just need a google title

It would be my first OT ever so please be gentle, it's nothing glorious but does the trick.

Survivor Series |OT| One of the four Big Shows of the year

Top Bottom