• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Survivor Series |OT| WWE can't sell it to anyone, maybe we can

Giard

RIP in peace Mad Dog Vachon

Died today at 4am.

One of the greatest French Canadians of all time. Repose en paix.

If no one objects, I just set up a Survivor Series OT, that would be ready to go in the mains. just need a good title

It would be my first OT ever so please be gentle, it's nothing glorious but does the trick.

I have to ask: I know Survivor Series was a big deal in the past... but now it's like making an OT for WWE Battleground. Does it really deserve it this year? Not that I want you to give up, I'm just curious.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Made me larf:

qKU4FaX.jpg

Threads up now

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=720039

I have to ask: I know Survivor Series was a big deal in the past... but now it's like making an OT for WWE Battleground. Does it really deserve it this year? Not that I want you to give up, I'm just curious.

It's still considered one of the big 4, even if it's turned to crap in recent years. Survivor Series holds a ton of nostalgia for me personally, and it's also the oldest PPV after Wrestlemania.

Can I just say I'm REALLY excited about Big E being IC champ? They seem high on him right now, and since he wrestles all the time, anyway, I'm hoping he'll be something of a fighting champion, unlike Axel. All he needs is a decent feud and the 5 count.

Which reminds me - why did they give him his current theme, instead of that awesome NXT one, if he's not even doing the five count?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Big E too, you just always gotta wonder when they're going to drop the ball.

Remember when he was NXT champ and people said he wasn't ready for prime time? And how good he got?

The sad thing bout all japan is that NOAH is going to have another event with an all ajaon great with Taue's retirement match next month.

2 exodus really took its toll on the promotion. though Mutoh was able to keep it going for a while.

i mean look at these glorious motherfuckers

tumblr_ml07rjUdXe1rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

Sokantish

I like Big E too, you just always gotta wonder when they're going to drop the ball.

Remember when he was NXT champ and people said he wasn't ready for prime time? And how good he got?

I hated him so much at the start on NXT. Then he turned out to be funny instead of just always shouting 5.

DominoKid

Mandatory:
https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1472095_10202025028163906_2116733177_n.jpg[IMG]

And this was before Total Divas, where he has his actual rl girlfriend pack up her house and end the lease, move in with him and only THEN presents her with a contract saying he can kick her out within 48 hours whenever he feels like it.[/QUOTE]

Total Divas Cena is actually likeable.

He's got striations, though, so maybe they'll be less inclined to drop the ball.

BIG E vs. ROMAN REIGNS - WRESTLEMANIA XXXIV MAIN EVENT

But yeah, Big E has gotten pretty good in the ring. He's still limited in his moveset, but he's fast, powerful-looking, and he's a good enough seller that you kinda don't notice too much.

only problem with Big E is his finisher, doesn't look all that devastating from a guy his size, I feel they could do a lot more with a finisher for him. Some type of flying crossbody where he falls on them into the cover would work for him.

Kaladin

only problem with Big E is his finisher, doesn't look all that devastating from a guy his size, I feel they could do a lot more with a finisher for him. Some type of flying crossbody where he falls on them into the cover would work for him.

I would be better if they kept the 5 count gimmick.

gurudyne

I would be better if they kept the 5 count gimmick.

I'm waiting for them to debut the five count gimmick match for him, which I imagine is how the gimmick will first show its head. Standard match except while E's opponent can win in a count of three, he Needs Five.

They should do it against Axel, Sunday. Good way to end the feud on a definitive note.

jred2k

For some reason I think I'd like to see him doing some variation on a pump-handle slam. A guy that big needs some sort of slam finisher that makes it look like hes driving the air out of someone.

Striker

He's got striations, though, so maybe they'll be less inclined to drop the ball.

BIG E vs. ROMAN REIGNS - WRESTLEMANIA XXXIV MAIN EVENT

But yeah, Big E has gotten pretty good in the ring. He's still limited in his moveset, but he's fast, powerful-looking, and he's a good enough seller that you kinda don't notice too much.
They need to give these guys characters, or legitimate reasons to feud. It's so rare to find these days. It's mostly "hey let's put these two birds together, send 'em out!".

I liked Monty Brown's Pounce and fit him well since he was a big dude. Maybe he can get something similar to that, dunno. They've watered down the Spear since they let anybody really use it.

strobogo

Banned
Only two hours late to get started. Plus a 6 hour surgery and least an hour and a half of recovery time. I will there another 8 hours probably. At least they have good WiFi.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Only two hours late to get started. Plus a 6 hour surgery and least an hour and a half of recovery time. I will there another 8 hours probably. At least they have good WiFi.

Hope you brought a charger. We'll keep you company. What are you using to access the net?

EDIT: Never thought I'd say this but Arn looks better balding:

FnrEmpM.jpg

I liked Monty Brown's Pounce and fit him well since he was a big dude. Maybe he can get something similar to that, dunno. They've watered down the Spear since they let anybody really use it.

I liked Monty Brown's Pounce mainly due to how it feels like it could hurt anyone, like an actual football tackle.

Big E could also use some sort of powerbomb variation, I think.

Kaladin

Duntin would have been older than that at the time too. It looks like it could be one of the 3rd generation kids if it's wrestler.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Hmmm...

Dixie still gets tweets daily from disenchanted fans who write, "Thanks for running TNA into the ground," but she can read them with a smile and a chuckle and think, "Thanks, darlin," in her sweet Southern twang.

"I want them to say those things," said Carter, with a wink. "That means I'm doing my job -- without really running the company into the ground, of course."

Top Bottom