• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

strobogo

Banned
Lance Hoyt reminds me of Van Hammer.

VanHammer2_zpsc850eb3d.jpg

Kaladin

Minutes into the WWE title match between defending champ Randy Orton and Big Show, the Boston crowd at Survivor Series were loudly chanting “boring,” along with “Daniel Bryan,” voicing their displeasure with who was getting the title shot on the pay-per-view.

What seemed to start as a minor public protest escalated to full-blown anger when Triple H and Stephanie McMahon walked down the aisle as part of the finish of the main event. The “Daniel Bryan” chants had much more venom once The Authority was present, with a group of fans opposite the hard-camera side angrily and aggressively pointing their fingers at Triple H and Stephanie while shouting Bryan’s name.

There was obvious frustration in the air, and it was that way most of the night.

At other times during the main event, the crowd was completely silent. You could have heard a pin drop inside TD Garden, even when Orton and Big Show were brawling on the outside of the ring. No one seemed interested.

Without exaggeration, there were a few hundred people who headed to the exit before the main event even went to a finish.

- Crowd seemed genuinely surprised, and caught off guard, that Cena’s match wasn’t going to close the show. We now know why, with the angle they shot to end the night, but it’s placement on the card caught some people by surprise.

- When Cena was introduced, he received his typical mixed reaction. The crowd was a little more pro-Cena than in the past, probably 60-40 split.

- The Cena-Del Rio finish was expected and fairly predictable, which made for a quiet reaction from the crowd.

- The building came unglued for Daniel Bryan’s entrance; he received a bigger pop than even Punk and as far as ring entrances go, he had the best reaction of the night.

- People seemed so agitated with the Orton-Big Show finish, including The Authority’s involvement, that when Cena came out after the match, he received a much bigger reaction. That 60-40 split from earlier in the night was probably 80-20, and after they shot an angle (after cameras stopped rolling) it was 90-10 Cena.

I know it's Boston so it may be an anomaly....but are people really hating Orton / The Authority so much that they will actually cheer Cena unanimously in the unification match?

By god The Authority angle was all a ploy to get Cena to be pushed into the savior role and to finally get the entire crowd on his side.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I know it's Boston so it may be an anomaly....but are people really hating Orton / The Authority so much that they will actually cheer Cena unanimously in the unification match?

By god The Authority angle was all a ploy to get Cena to be pushed into the savior role and to finally get the entire crowd on his side.

Yep.

Although the last part is giving those buffoons way too much credit, even if its true.

Forkball

Maybe this is a setup for a Cena heel turn. Orton goes face as a super pissed guy out for vengeance against Corporate Cena. I just want to see Cena come out in a suit.

Also:

J0ThcGq.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Unless WWE is going to stop runnin two seperate live shows there's just no way they're uniting the two world titles guys.

My guess is it's just going to be a ladder match with first person getting the WHC and the second getting the WWE title or something.

bjork

Goldust & Marlena Present: "Piper's Pit"

My parents almost made me stop watching wrestling because of this shit. I was laughing the whole time, but they obviously understood more about what was going on than I did when I was 11.

Amazingly enough, the Goldust/Razor storyline is what really got my mom into wrestling. She had liked it a little bit in 94/95, but when Goldust had "razor" on his tit on Superstars and shit, for some reason she really enjoyed it. Maybe she wanted to see Hall getting railed by Goldust's baby arm, I don't know.

Needless to say, we bought tickets to WMXII and even though Hall wasn't there, she still had a blast. I miss that old gal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we all just watch NWA Mountain State every Monday Night instead?

Ithil

I think I've come to the conclusion that Orton is not main event material. I'm not sure if he ever was, but he certainly isn't now. Which is all kinds of ironic.

Didnt watch the PPV. Havent watched RAW in a month. This PPV seemed like a real shit show.

Why is it when a on screen talent has any creative control things turn to shit 99% of the time?

Triple H
Russo
Hogan
Dixie Carter
Kevin Nash

I think the only wrestler who has ever had any amount of control and didnt abuse it to death to get himself over is Taker.

Also teasing Orton versus Cena for the 20th time is just uhhhhhh. This company couldnt push non established talent if the talent had wheels instead of legs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think I've come to the conclusion that Orton is not main event material. I'm not sure if he ever was, but he certainly isn't now. Which is all kinds of ironic.

It's weird, Orton is like the anti-HBK/Bret/etc where he has everything, and he's got the pretty much perfect 'look,' but nothing clicks and it never seems like he cares(because he likely doesn't). He's not a terrible wrestler, but he's never felt like someone you want to cheer for nor someone you want to boo for. He's just sort of .... there.

Rapstah

After maybe four months of following WWE (picked a poor point to jump in), it really seems like they pick a long-term plan A to go forward with and then every months pick plan B instead, going with that as their new plan A until the next PPV. The most obvious proof that what they're doing now wasn't planned two months ago has to be that Cena wasn't supposed to be back yet, right?

Loving that Shield promo on WWE.com though, break-up averted.

I am pretty sure ratings always tank when he is in the main event.

He wasnt called the ratings killer for nothing.

bjork

Maybe after I finish 1999. I think instead of big projects I'll just do random shows for a while.

Requesting the episode of Superstars where Tatanka's undefeated streak ends.

I assume it is for the best to keep the manga community hidden, much like Wrasslegaf. But Wrasslegaf can't be contained and is spilling over to OT every day.

It is best for the posters in that thread, since at least half, probably closer to 75-80% of what's discussed through there is via unspoken means.

Unless WWE is going to stop runnin two seperate live shows there's just no way they're uniting the two world titles guys.

My guess is it's just going to be a ladder match with first person getting the WHC and the second getting the WWE title or something.

I could see them having Cena hold both for a little bit. Remember that "Flair loses his career when he loses" thing a few years ago? It could be like that, where they make him defend on every show or something. Then you have co-winners in the RR like in 1994, and WM30 can rip off the WM10 main event concept, since it was the best thing they ever did. Or a TLC match or something to allow 800 shocking swerve screwjobs.

Oh, and I would say get used to Orton now. They reworked the whole wellness policy so guys like him can get strikes removed, so he's a permanent thing.

WWNLive are teasing an announcement of an announcement :|

I thought it was only video game people that pulled this shit.

Also, a wrestler who hasn't worked in EVOLVE/DGUSA before will make his/her debut, Chris Hero will be heavily involved in the EVOLVE shows this January and Jon Davis has been added to the cards.

Lastly, you can now pre-order EVOLVE 18 which will ship on 12/09, a year and a day after the show actually took place, lol. Ah well, at least they've almost got DVD turnaround times down to a freaking YEAR.

Ithil

I am pretty sure ratings always tank when he is in the main event.

He wasnt called the ratings killer for nothing.

But of course, overall ratings go down during football season (though Bryan's segments are huge gainers), so obviously Daniel Bryan is to blame because he's too short for Vince's tastes and that means everyone thinks that.
What's that? Orton kills ratings even in his own segments? Well, uh, the ratings are....uh....WRONG! Yeah. They're just wrong and WWE are right because they say so.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, thank God. Good. Good.

Yeah, not really.

It was Suicide. Then Hogan unmasked him in a backstage segment as TJ Perkins.

And then he still wore the Suicide outfit and he's now named Manik.

Because that makes sense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's a good sign that working is just excruciating right now. I need to go home and play more games. It was a good weekend.

I haven't felt this kind of fever until back when I first got a 360, so that's a good thing.

bjork

Yeah, not really.

It's easier to sell a toy and masks to parents when your character isn't named Suicide. You know, for all the hot TNA merch.

Kaladin

WWE with a t-shirt without anything on the back, or an extremely loud print of a catchphrase? What's going on? Did they print the wrong one by mistake?

That's not an official WWE shirt. There is no super thick, loud WWE Apparel tag on the bottom.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, not really.

I'll piss down my pants if the crowd chanted "Fire Russo!" during the segment.

Speaking of TNA marks, I wonder whatever happened to the 'crucial crew', or whatever it was those front-row Impact Zone fools called themselves. I hope they finally got over their mass delusion and gave up watching TNA to do something more profitable with their lives.

Top Bottom