• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Marvel

could never
My body is ready for the Shield to break up, man WWE is gonna be even more crazy interesting when it does happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's the crux of the matter, isn't it - potential can only take you so far, it's how WWE uses it that counts. I'd say that, outside of some of those great 6-man tags this year, Ambrose & Rollins' best stuff was in FCW.

The Shield breaking up will certainly be a watershed moment for all three guys - they're somewhat protected by the group at the moment, but the first feuds they're put on once the Shield is done will be interesting to say the least and will likely determine their futures with the company.

I think the safe bet is to split just one off and keep the other two, but then it's not exactly the same thing when it's just two guys. I would have (had I faith in Ambrose) opted to keep Black and Reigns together, as they feel more similar, and Ambrose is more individual. Still, there's supposed to be a method to the madness, so we'll have to see.

I think the safe bet is to split just one off and keep the other two, but then it's not exactly the same thing when it's just two guys. I would have (had I faith in Ambrose) opted to keep Black and Reigns together, as they feel more similar, and Ambrose is more individual. Still, there's supposed to be a method to the madness, so we'll have to see.

I think Reigns is going to be the obvious break-away talent, he's coming on leaps and bounds and has the look and physique to take him far in WWE, plus the storyline writes itself. Keeping Rollins & Ambrose as a tag team would be a good idea, until they've got something worthwhile for them at least.

I'd have Rollins & Ambrose start treating Reigns like the rookie he is, ribbing him, making him carry their bags, etc, until he finally snaps and stands up for himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think Reigns is going to be the obvious break-away talent, he's coming on leaps and bounds and has the look and physique to take him far in WWE, plus the storyline writes itself. Keeping Rollins & Ambrose as a tag team would be a good idea, until they've got something worthwhile for them at least.

I'd have Rollins & Ambrose start treating Reigns like the rookie he is, ribbing him, making him carry their bags, etc, until he finally snaps and stands up for himself.

His biggest challenge is going to be staying healthy. It is always moments like this that are most dangerous and then he gets a 6 month injury and WWE fumbles the return. I hope he stays healthy.

Considering what the Shield IS, they could easily go a number of ways with it. Add a fourth member (a new guy) and work with that moving to estrange Reigns, do a slow burn, anything. They have a lot of options, but we'll see if they do anything with it. That way, with an additional member, you can make a new star, start a new one on the path, and keep Ambrose and Rollins (god I called him Black earlier, I need to break that habit) in a safe gimmick zone.

Was Reigns always good in the ring in NXT?

Its funny how The Shield is now basically Reigns is the one who does all the big moves. Ambrose talks and Rollins gets the crap beat out of him.

strobogo

Banned
There's a whiff of Star coming off Reigns, reminds me of Batista when he was in Evolution.

Batista, you say?

qIpS2.png

Marvel

could never
Indeed, he's much much better in the ring now. Has some nice signature moves already.

Spear, Superman clothesline and that nice upwards palm smash.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. Everyone could see he had the look (even if his name Leakee sounded kinda silly), but he was green as hell in the ring. He's come on leaps and bounds since getting called up, which I've no doubt has a lot to do with the other Shield guys.

Also, Samoan descent. Apparently that's a thing that helps. Racist as hell though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vincent's dick is so huge it is physically hurting Ariane you guys.

Total Divas is so much better than WWE main.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vincent's dick is so huge it is physically hurting Ariane you guys.

Total Divas is so much better than WWE main.

I haven't watched the new ep, but this sounds like something to look forward to. Dude is an evolutionary LEAP down the ladder, glad he was given something nice.

XenoRaven

I would prefer the Shield stay together a bit longer and start finding individual success. I envisioned Reigns winning the IC or WHC, which would deal a blow to Ambrose as he thought of himself as the leader. They go at each, Rollins tries to mediate and the whole thing explodes.

Ithil

Was Reigns always good in the ring in NXT?

Its funny how The Shield is now basically Reigns is the one who does all the big moves. Ambrose talks and Rollins gets the crap beat out of him.

Nope. He was pretty much ass in the ring in FCW, and only had a few squash matches on NXT. He was green as hell the time (only started wrestling in 2010).
This year of work alongside Ambrose and Rollins has been invaluable, for sure, he's grown a shit load as a wrestler.

That said, I still think he's going to get majorly exposed if they break him off into a singles megapush now, and he's no longer the big guy that spears people at the end of tag matches and has Ambrose talking for him.

He'd do well to have a midcard singles push first, as would Ambrose and Rollins. They're all 27/28, they should not be in any rush here. If they play it right, and patiently, they could have three new big stars a few years down the road.

But if they play it how I feel like they're going to, Reigns will flop as a megapushed face, and Rollins/Ambrose will get forgotten about in the mid card, and none of them will be big new stars at all.

Sokantish

Maybe... he recently found out that he liked them. Is it really such a bad thing to discover music that you like even though it came out a long time ago?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe... he recently found out that he liked them. Is it really such a bad thing to discover music that you like even though it came out a long time ago?

You buy old shit brah, don't pretend. You don't pretend! Plus the Misfits have sucked without Danzig. Danzig IS the Misfits. Sorry Jerry Only and Chuck Biscuits or whomever.

Hey, I said that shit too.

hoganmachomanhandshake.gif

You're a level headed man.

I remember them wearing Marilyn Manson shirts on a few occasions.

Still can't believe Cornette brought them into ROH in 2012 and expected the fans to go along with it, lol.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember them wearing Marilyn Manson shirts on a few occasions.

Still can't believe Cornette brought them into ROH in 2012 and expected the fans to go along with it, lol.

I remember them trying to do a viral video to get into WWE. "The fans want to see us!" my ass. Get outta here with your shit, Shitbangers.

strobogo

Banned
So I'm watching Man of Steel. You know how people bitch about people being on message boards while watching movies? Well I'm 15 minutes in and it's stupid as shit already. I know when I think Superman, I think of Jor El flying on goofy looking Avatar dragon things, shooting laser guns, and getting into fist fights with armor and shit. Luckily I got it as a free rental from Swagbucks. I was going to wait for a free code from Redbox, but fuck it. I'm going to game Bing and Swagbucks for all my future gaming purchases.

You know, Jor El's plan was pretty irresponsible in all continuities. So the planet is going to blow up or die or whatever, so they take the chance of sending their literally hours old baby (maybe days depending on the show/movie/comic) to an alien planet just assuming he'll take care of himself when he gets there? What if he landed in the middle of no where and was stranded? Surly even Superbaby needs sustenance and some protection? What if got dang woofs tried to eat him? Will he hang out in his Supershit forever? It seems like a better idea to let the kid die quickly with his parents than send him across the universe and hope things turn out okay for this still slimy new born.

The Young Bucks are just about the hardest working tag team in wrestling today. Suck it, haters.

That being said, I hope New Japan books them against Laughter7 just for shits and giggles. Saku & Shibata trying to absolutely murder them would make for a fun match.

Glad we're all agreed that The Bucks are amazing. WrassleGAF's official tag team of 2013? I think so.

Anywho, Davey Richards cancelled his return to Japan, as he injured his neck (nice one, Ascension) and therefore won't be able to challenge Taiji Ishimori for the GHC Jr. title.

Man, Richards just can't catch a break when it comes to Japan.

Top Bottom