• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Bootay did Manson do his fourth wall stuff? He always seems to be breaking kayfabe loudly calling his own matches, hilarious though his stand up in April was amazing

Got tickets for the December PCW show today as well :)

Yeah, Manson was doing all sorts. Travis had him in a side headlock and was trying to move him into the ropes, but Manson was going "you want me to go that way? Fuck off, let's go this way" before dragging the both of them through the ropes. Plus, he had a long series of waistlock counters with Kirby that only ended when Grado turned it into a conga line, complete with music, that went round the building. Fucking ridiculous, lol.

Managed to get tickets for Progress Chapter 11 a few minutes ago, but that's not till the end of January. Then I've got Revolution Pro in March with Ric Flair, wooooo!

Yeah, Manson was doing all sorts. Travis had him in a side headlock and was trying to move him into the ropes, but Manson was going "you want me to go that way? Fuck off, let's go this way" before dragging the both of them through the ropes. Plus, he had a long series of waistlock counters with Kirby that only ended when Grado turned it into a conga line, complete with music, that went round the building. Fucking ridiculous, lol.

Managed to get tickets for Progress Chapter 11 a few minutes ago, but that's not till the end of January. Then I've got Revolution Pro in March with Ric Flair, wooooo!

After December 6th I don't plan to go to anything till March but then again may end up at Liverpools Infinite promotions or at Futureshock in Stockport before then

I was thinking yesterday i don't think I've ever been to an indie show that didn't feature El Ligero, guy works his balls off ARIBA

Wow, Progress Chapter 11 sold out in 24 minutes! I think they need a bigger venue.

I was thinking yesterday i don't think I've ever been to an indie show that didn't feature El Ligero, guy works his balls off ARIBA

Yeah, I've kinda missed his presence on the last couple of Progress shows, hopefully he come back soon. On the plus side, Noam Dar makes his return at Chapter 11, which I can't wait for.

Razorskin

----- ------
Who gets a bigger pop tonight, Cena/Orton or Reigns?

The Gobbledy Gooker

https://twitter.com/TheGooker/status/403902214999384066/photo/1

@TheGooker said:
Monday, it begins ... #GobbleGobble pic.twitter.com/caEKyJTsOu

TDG91IX.png

DominoKid

Total Divas was damn funny this week. Natalya was pissed at Eva Marie for no reason. Ariane was afraid to have sex w/ Vincent. Nikki still catching feelings about being on the guest list. JoJo was nowhere to be seen.

also this is a great picture.
tumblr_mgwg91Sjv71rnpaqeo1_500.jpg

Ithil

Total Divas was damn funny this week. Natalya was pissed at Eva Marie for no reason. Ariane was afraid to have sex w/ Vincent. Nikki still catching feelings about being on the guest list. JoJo was nowhere to be seen.

And yet she was the only one of the cast to be over with the crowd at the PPV. WWE really is bad at picking who they think are the "stars".

And yet she was the only one of the cast to be over with the crowd at the PPV. WWE really is bad at picking who they think are the "stars".

She was only over because she has never stepped foot in the ring to compete before.

It was like cheering for a train as it steamed towards a demolished bridge.

also this is a great picture.
tumblr_mgwg91Sjv71rnpaqeo1_500.jpg

Gat daamn Summer Rae

Oh and Raw is at the Nassau Coliseum. Home of the hockey Islanders. It will basically be the same as a Jersey crowd and they will shit all over everything. Worth watching for the crowd.

Xater

The Natalya and Ariane stuff was great. I have way too much fun with this dumb show.

Also am I the only one who thought they didn't let AJ do enough during the Survivor Series match? Her shenanigans ringside was great but not enough in ring.

Ithil

She was only over because she has never stepped foot in the ring to compete before.

It was like cheering for a train as it steamed towards a demolished bridge.

Not really, they cheered for her once she got in, as well, and popped for her near fall. It's an easy underdog thing.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 11/18/99

Go home show for Mayhem.

Jerry Flynn vs Bam Bam Big Yellow Hardcore Match

Barbarian was out with Flynn despite the two getting into a SHOOT fight ending with Barb face down on the ground. Bam Bam won. Norman hit Knobs with a chair.

TO THE BACK.
Disco was on the phone. The other person told him wrestling was fixed and Disco wasn't aware. Elsewhere, Buff asks directions from Terry Taylor. He also jumped from the WWF with Russo and Ferrara.

Disco Inferno vs TAFKATAFKAPI WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Prince can change his looks all he wants. He still sucks. I guess this wasn't a title match since Prince won after someone brought out a dead fish. It distracted Disco. He hit Prince with it after the match.

itGoleCtTiKUy.gif

TO THE BACK
. Gene talks to Evan about his match with Disco. He thinks there is something fishy about Disco. Elsewhere, Hammer tells Hennig he'll go easy on him in their match tonight. Hennig punches him for it. They were still brawling after the break.

WCW Mayhem The Music ad. So, they have a CD, PPV, video game, and best of Nitro video all using the Mayhem title. And all released/happening with in a month period.

Evan Karagias vs The Maestro (Ohh La La)

Both of these guys suck. Stro needs to hit the gym. Dude is too flabby to be on TV with the prissy Gorgeous George style gimmick. He's allegedly the great nephew or grandson of the actual Gorgeous George. I don't know if that's true or not. I don't give a fuck. Dude is stuck doing shows in (the best) indie in West Virginia. Evan lost to a roll up. So both champion and challenger in a PPV match this weekend lost on the go home show.

TO THE BACK
. Gene talks with the Revolution. Saturn says some weird shit about Barbies. Elsewhere, Tony calls Disco, who is now panicking about the money he owes. Elsewhere elsewhere, Benoit didn't know Terry Taylor was back and asks for Buff. Buff shows up seconds later. He also wants to talk.

Nitro recap.

TO THE BACK Gene talks with La Parka and Kaz Hayashi. Both of them are over dubbed. Elsewhere, Benoit and Buff are talking. Buff wants Benoit to job for him. Benoit won't do it and says Buff choked 2 weeks ago, so Buff attacks him.

La Parka/Kaz Hayashi vs El Dandy/Silver King

Tenay talks about how TPTB have little interest in wrestlers who don't speak English, even if the fans have come to love them. Parka's red suit is so rad. The Chairman and Kazmaster/Kazanova won.

ibzXKWjZFyToVT.gif

TO THE BACK.
Curt Hennig and Buff bumped into each other and started brawling.

Curt Hennig vs Van Hammer

Fucking Hammer. This angle with Hennig is still stupid since Russo could just fire Hennig if he wanted. There is really no need to have the stipulation of getting pinned means he's fired. Just fire him. Buff came out. He eventually attacked Hennig on the floor. Benoit came down to fight him off. Perfect Plex for the win. Did Buff just turn heel? Shouldn't he feel some solidarity with Hennig since they're both getting fucked over by Russo?

TO THE BACK.
Chavo is trying to sell Liz stuff while Lex works out.

Lash LeRoux vs Kenny Kaos

Fucking Thunder. Lash won.

TO THE BACK. Gene talks to the Filthy Animals about the mixed elimination tag at Mayhem.

Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs Barbarian

Chavo tried to sell Barb some shit before the match. Barb hit him with the briefcase, booted him in the face, and pinned him.

Tournament recap.

TO THE BACK.
Meng headed to the ring as Lex watched on a monitor. Elsewhere, Buff got his stuff pumped.

Vampiro vs Meng

Jerry Only was out with Vamp. He got put in the death grip, which caused a DQ somehow. Meng pulled him into the ring to do it. Liz came out and apologized on behalf of Lex. Meng went to put her in the death grip. Lex then ambushed him and hit him in the head with a chair like 6 times and then worked over Meng's legs.

TO THE BACK. Benoit heads to the ring.

Chris Benoit vs Buff Bagwell

I think Buff's a heel, which makes absolutely zero sense with the angle he's been doing for the past month. But such is Russo. Hennig came out and distracted Buff, allowing Benoit to lock on the Iron Crossface. Hennig and Benoit showing each other respect and helping each other out makes no sense after the Horsemen angle and their feud at the beginning of the year. The go home show ended with Buff and Hennig brawling.

DQ Count: Who cares?

Announced card for Mayhem:

Bret Hart vs Sting Tournament Semi Final
Jeff Jarrett vs Chris Benoit Tournament Semi Final
Tournament Final
Sid vs Goldberg I Quit Match
David Flair vs Kimberly
The Filthy Animals vs The Revolution Mixed Tag Elimination Match
Buff Bagwell vs Curt Hennig Retirement Match
Norman Smiley vs Brian Knobs WCW Hardcore Championship
Evan Karagias vs Disco Inferno WCW Cruiserweight Championship
Meng vs The Total Package
Vampiro vs Berlyn Chain Match

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I swear to god Stro that in my (Vince Russo's) world there are no such things as Faces and Heels despite using both terms as faction names in the year of our lord 2000.

Top Bottom