• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

XenoRaven

Glad we're all agreed that The Bucks are amazing. WrassleGAF's official tag team of 2013? I think so.

Anywho, Davey Richards cancelled his return to Japan, as he injured his neck (nice one, Ascension) and therefore won't be able to challenge Taiji Ishimori for the GHC Jr. title.

Man, Richards just can't catch a break when it comes to Japan.
I didn't see the match. Did Rick Victor remember who the legal man was this time?

Actually, I don't know what my friend, RVD, was talking about when he said, "small".

Did he mean physically small, small popularity wise like small-time, or both?

strobogo

Banned
The one that looks like an ugly girl is pretty small. How can he look at his brother and not feel embarrassed of his own soft physique? RDV was probably talking about them being small in stature and small in musculature and striations.

i3hQsiacPrGLu.gif

ifcFOKAeLcHkO.gif

ibrEi1hbF8dKOh.gif

I didn't see the match. Did Rick Victor remember who the legal man was this time?

It hasn't aired yet, it was taped for the December 18th episode, but apparently the Ascension did some double team move and spiked Richards on his head.

bean breath said:
Did he mean physically small, small popularity wise like small-time, or both?

Who knows? He was probably as high as a kite.

My body is ready for the Shield to break up, man WWE is gonna be even more crazy interesting when it does happen.

I hope they don't break up before we at least get a Wyatt feud. Shield are one of the only good things happening right now. They are hyped up as being like the Horseman and NWO so it will be a joke if they break them up only a year after their debut

This is one of those situations where if The Bucks were in the WWE you'd all be marking out right along with the rest of us. Like you're all going to be once The American Pitbulls start tearing it up on NXT.

XShagrath

Anywho, Davey Richards cancelled his return to Japan, as he injured his neck (nice one, Ascension) and therefore won't be able to challenge Taiji Ishimori for the GHC Jr. title.
I fuckin' knew it. That bump looked really bad live.

It hasn't aired yet, it was taped for the December 18th episode, but apparently the Ascension did some double team move and spiked Richards on his head.
I believe it was just Viktor. He did a back body drop, and Richards didn't get enough rotation. Landed right on top of his head from about 6-7 feet up. After that, he just clutched his head, and then rolled out of the ring until near the end of the match. Edwards took their finisher, and had to be helped out of the ring by the refs. Don't know if that was just him selling, or if he got injured as well.

This is one of those situations where if The Bucks were in the WWE you'd all be marking out right along with the rest of us. Like you're all going to be once The American Pitbulls start tearing it up on NXT.

Bucks would be so refreshing in the WWE right now, but they wouldn't be allowed to become the next Hardy Boyz. Instead, they'd be turned into huge jobbers.

Exactly.

Fun and exciting indy tag teams that work hard are apparently not allowed in this thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Marking out...
ibj1bxJj33A00E.gif

strobogo

Banned

The only way I'm marking for either teams is if they are getting squashed by Mark Henry or Ryback.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shit, sorry Vince. What I meant was, you'd all be electrified by the spectacle of The Young Bucks competing in the WWE Universe™.

I've had more significant jolts in the "loo."

Rapstah

How many of the supposed tryout matches where a tag team jobs to the Ascension or Hunico and Camacho on NXT are actually tryout matches?

I pop for
My own moves if I was that Aweeeeeeesome
You're right, they're about as talented as The Miz is.

They were in TNA and I still didn't mark out for them during my honeymoon period with TNA.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys make of this belt?

X5QQTsQ.jpg

Looks like a Swatch.

Jamie OD

Taken from the F4W Board.

THE STEVE AUSTIN SHOW DRINKING GAME

1. Drink every time Austin acknowledges the WWF had no plans for him when they first brought him in. Tank an extra drink if the story includes the words "mechanic" or "carpenter."
2. Take one drink if Austin mentions his Ford Bronco. Take two drinks if he mentions Hershey the Wonder Dog. Make it three drinks for a story about Hersey riding in the Bronco.
3. Every time Austin cuts off his guest to explain something about pro wrestling as though the entirety of his audience isn't pro wrestling fans, chug and don't stop until the explanation stops.
4. Drink every time Austin throws to a commercial break but there's not an actual commercial break edited into the podcast.
5. Drink when Austin asks his guests what they thought of Dr. D slapping John Stossel.
6. When listening to a Mo episode, take a drink every time it sounds like Austin would pull a Dr. D on Mo if not for common decency.
7. Take a shot every time Austin brings up the MSG Curtain Call.
8. Take two shots if he mentions the Curtain Call to somebody who participated in it.
9. Take two drinks on every mention of the Bone Street Krew.
10. Take a sip if Austin says the show is "for the working man." Down the rest of your drink if, within the next two minutes, he mentions having something that no "working man" would have, like a ranch or custom made hunting scope.
11. Drink every time Austin reads ad copy for a product that would never be associated with his badass character from the 1990s, like CougarLife.com.
12. Take a shot every time Austin carefully dances around a touchy topic from his personal life, such as drug use or wife beating.
13. Chug every time Austin is clearly read facts to a guest from the guest's own Wikipedia profile, and don't stop chugging until he stops reading.
14. Take a drink every time Austin references watching a non-WWF wrestling product that you wouldn't expect him to watch, like TNA or ROH. Finish your drink if he ever mentions IWA Mid-South for some god foresaken reason.
15. If the guest isn't a wrestler . . . forget it, we know you're not listening to the show if that's the case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can we add in a drink every time he says he's straight, or calls himself a cat?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
7. Take a shot every time Austin brings up the MSG Curtain Call.
8. Take two shots if he mentions the Curtain Call to somebody who participated in it.
11. Drink every time Austin reads ad copy for a product that would never be associated with his badass character from the 1990s, like CougarLife.com.
13. Chug every time Austin is clearly read facts to a guest from the guest's own Wikipedia profile, and don't stop chugging until he stops reading.

These drive me insane, btw.

Definitely not as a wrestler, but he was fun to watch as a crazy character.

Yeah, as a character he was one of the better ones in that area. Dogshit in the ring, but character wise, interesting. His shit wrestling ability just seemed to fit the character even more, especially considering he was Ric Flair's son.

strobogo

Banned
I really don't like podcasts that stick to a radio show format when it makes no sense. Stick your ads at the front or the end, or at least don't act like you're taking a commercial break. I especially hate podcasts that update and refresh as if you had just tuned in and may have missed part of the show. It's funny that Austin thinks people would be listening who only know him from acting or Redneck Island.

Tonight will there be some hints to a shield break up with them eventually turning on Reigns?

Bootay did Manson do his fourth wall stuff? He always seems to be breaking kayfabe loudly calling his own matches, hilarious though his stand up in April was amazing

Got tickets for the December PCW show today as well :)

Marvel

could never
I hope they don't break up before we at least get a Wyatt feud. Shield are one of the only good things happening right now. They are hyped up as being like the Horseman and NWO so it will be a joke if they break them up only a year after their debut

Oh god yeah, thank you for reminding me. Shield and Wyatts squaring up to one another in England blew the roof off.

OK they can do that feud then break up :p I'm ready to see what Ambrose can do solo.

somedevil

WWE Smackdown on 11/22 did 3.106 million viewers. The most since February 2013 during WrestleMania season.

The funny thing is Cena wasn't there and the Main Event was Bryan vs Harper II. I bet Vince will give Cena credit anyway.

Top Bottom