• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

iLxJ1PjgwKDNW.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Last 10 hours of our Kickstarter right now! Thanks to all of you who pledged so far!

We have a Fire Pro stream later tonight if you care to join, I'll just copy paste the update:

http://www.twitch.tv/wrestling_with_pixels

I'll check it out for an hour maybe, I think it's 10PM though, might be passed out on the couch instead.

From the moment it was announced everybody figured out Cena and Orton to grab one belt each. It's such a TNA move.

I'm gonna bet you 50% of everyone watching knew exactly that this is what's going to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
For white-collar Americans, today is our Friday before the long weekend. So let's have two things:

CURRENT FAVE FIVE

and

WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST

5. Vinny from Total Divas
4. Mark Hanrie
3. Togi Makabe! Yes I'm being honest!
2. Kazuchika Okadaaaa
1. Shinsuke Nakamura

Who do I miss most? Serena

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hell I miss the whole SES. Good that Gallows is makin' waves in Japòn though. SES could have been so much bigger than it was. Thanks injuries and WWE.

Fave Five;

1. Kazuchika Okada
2. Shinsuke Nakamura
3. Tommy End
4. Rampage Brown
5. Mark Andrews

HM; Grado.

Who do I miss? Hmmmm, Goto, kinda. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in 2014. If he doesn't win the IWGP Heavyweight Title next year, I doubt he'll do it any year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who do I miss? Hmmmm, Goto, kinda. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in 2014. If he doesn't win the IWGP Heavyweight Title next year, I doubt he'll do it any year.

I honestly hope he stops doing headbutt spots. So fucking dangerous. Looking forward to 2014, which should be a banner year for him if he stays healthy.

Aiii

So not worth it
For white-collar Americans, today is our Friday before the long weekend. So let's have two things:

CURRENT FAVE FIVE

and

WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST

5. Vinny from Total Divas
4. Mark Hanrie
3. Togi Makabe! Yes I'm being honest!
2. Kazuchika Okadaaaa
1. Shinsuke Nakamura

Who do I miss most? Serena

I'll join you.
5. Vincent from Total Divas
4. Roman Reigns' Spear
3. JoJo's debut at Survivor Series
2. Bo "I sports entertained upwards to 300.000 people against Justin Gabriel in BOlivia. I won" Dallas
1. Crowds chanting Daniel Bryan during anything Triple H and Randy Orton do (I hope this is a trend now, but I fear for it)

Who do I miss the most? Eugene. I think Nick Dinsmore is working in Orlando now for WWE, so have him and Regal do stuff on NXT please. PLEASE. PLEEEEEAAAAASSSEEE!

dat moving goalpost

Yeah, I know that's been said about Goto multiple times now, but it really feels like a make or break year for him, much like 2014 will be for Naito. They both need re-pushing.

Goto's likely going to beat Shibata at WK8, so he'll at least be on good footing for the rest of the year.

Vince McMahon said:
I honestly hope he stops doing headbutt spots. So fucking dangerous.

I'm looking forward to Goto vs Shibata at WK8, but you just know there's going to be some disgusting headbutt spot that makes everyone cringe.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is it just me or has NOBODY seen JoJo on this mini-season of Total Divas? Also Boots have you watched it? You should. Honestly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Is it just me or has NOBODY seen JoJo on this mini-season of Total Divas? Also Boots have you watched it? You should. Honestly.

Nope, not just you, they totally buried her in favor of Eva Marie.

However, after that pop and at SS, I'm sure she'll be back next season. Does help she doesn't suck half as bad as Eva in the ring considering how much of a rookie she is.

Top 5

5) Goldust
4) Fandango & Summer Rae
3) CM Punk
2) Daniel Bryan
1) Antonio Cesaro

Honorable mentions, Zeb Coulter, Damien Sandow, and Ziggler. Sandow and Ziggler delivered 2 awesome matches the past 2 weeks.

I miss Stacy Kiebler

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nope, not just you, they totally buried her in favor of Eva Marie.

However, after that pop and at SS, I'm sure she'll be back next season. Does help she doesn't suck half as bad as Eva in the ring considering how much of a rookie she is.

I cannot stand JoJo. I expect her to be gone very soon.

Eva Marie's butt is disappointing me into today. Soulplaya went hard at us for talkin' bout ladies only physically, but for real if you're watchin Soul - it's not like the WWE gives us anything beyond that to judge them in any capacity. No time in the ring, no storylines - hell we discuss Total Divas here and that's a glimpse into how they actually act with cameras on, staged bits and all. We ain't got much.

I'd love to discuss why Eva Marie sucks in the ring but there's not much to say, so I talk about how her tailor sucks and her announcing is garbage.

MV of British wrestler's Mark Andrews & Pete Dunne's first match in the US against the Osirian Portal;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNWFBWGS59E

Check it out, both guys are pretty great. Also, dat chain wrestling. I wish WWE had more of it, rather than just armbars, headlocks and waistlocks. Yawn.

Also Boots have you watched it? You should. Honestly.

I watched like two episodes, I just can't do it though. Something about the reality TV format and the incredibly phony acting just makes it a real chore to watch. Also, Nattie was incredibly annoying, as was the one who isn't Naomi from the Funkadactyls.

bjork said:
I think I miss Owen the most.

Yeah, if we're talking deceased rather than retired/no longer booked, then Owen's the best answer as far as I'm concerned. He had so much potential, it's nice to think what might have been had he not died (even though we all know he would have continued to not get his due from WWF).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched like two episodes, I just can't do it though. Something about the reality TV format and the incredibly phony acting just makes it a real chore to watch. Also, Nattie was incredibly annoying, as was the one who isn't Naomi from the Funkadactyls.

I watch some reality TV and it's really well produced and engaging - but if you hate that style, I can see why no matter the subject, you won't be into it. Also agreed with Ariane and Nattie. And sad.

Did you see Wrestling Road Diaries and if so, did it keep your attention? It's reality but it was authentic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding deceased wrestlers there's still a pain in my soul about Bruiser Brody. He was something special and the way he died just makes it that more crushing.

Did you see Wrestling Road Diaries and if so, did it keep your attention? It's reality but it was authentic.

Yeah, I enjoyed Wrestling Road Diaries for the most part - the documentary format served it better and I never really got a sense that they were playing things up for the camera. The biggest problem I find with reality TV is how contrived the situations seem and there's just something about the style of presentation that I find really off putting.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I enjoyed Wrestling Road Diaries for the most part - the documentary format served it better and I never really got a sense that they were playing things up for the camera. The biggest problem I find with reality TV is how contrived the situations seem and there's just something about the style of presentation that I find really off putting.

I can't help but find some of this discussion funny, how you're not a fan because some of it is staged. kekekeke oh wrasslin'.

Reality TV works best if you just go in and buy into every situation and stay ignorant. Jersey Shore was so good until I saw some behind the scenes shit :(

bjork

I think Owen sticks out to me because he was my favorite, but also because you never hear stories about any sort of substance abuse with him. It sucks when guys like Eddie/Hennig/Pillman/Rude etc passed, but it's harder for me to feel as bad when the damage was self-inflicted for the most part.

Though, you could say that Owen should've said no to the stunt and that he enabled the option for his own death by going along with it, and you wouldn't exactly be wrong.

Aiii

So not worth it

Eva Marie's butt is disappointing me into today. Soulplaya went hard at us for talkin' bout ladies only physically, but for real if you're watchin Soul - it's not like the WWE gives us anything beyond that to judge them in any capacity. No time in the ring, no storylines - hell we discuss Total Divas here and that's a glimpse into how they actually act with cameras on, staged bits and all. We ain't got much.

I'd love to discuss why Eva Marie sucks in the ring but there's not much to say, so I talk about how her tailor sucks and her announcing is garbage.

How true. Not even AJ gets mic time anymore, it's all about "here are some people, some of which are on Total Divas. Watch Total Divas."

Kaitlyn isn't on TV at all. Layla is even worse, didn't even get to be on Survivor Series as the only woman on the roster (maybe that's lucky, I don't know).

WWE's treatment of women is absolutely horrendous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How true. Not even AJ gets mic time anymore, it's all about "here are some people, some of which are on Total Divas. Watch Total Divas."

Kaitlyn isn't on TV at all. Layla is even worse, didn't even get to be on Survivor Series as the only woman on the roster (maybe that's lucky, I don't know).

WWE's treatment of women is absolutely horrendous.

I think Total Divas kinda suffers for not having everyone a significant character on the show but I see how it doesn't work. The focus is on the Bellas, Natalya/Tyson, Funkadactyls, Eva Marie. And I thought JoJo but she's been written off. It's nice to see Jimmy or Jey Uso on the show. I'd love to see everyone show up.

Also Vinny has a fucking tryout at WWE next week. I wonder if he'll try to legit fight Brodus again.

Aiii

So not worth it
I think Total Divas kinda suffers for not having everyone a significant character on the show but I see how it doesn't work. The focus is on the Bellas, Natalya/Tyson, Funkadactyls, Eva Marie. And I thought JoJo but she's been written off. It's nice to see Jimmy or Jey Uso on the show. I'd love to see everyone show up.

Also Vinny has a fucking tryout at WWE next week. I wonder if he'll try to legit fight Brodus again.

Yep, very much looking forward to next week's Total Divas, anybody not watching this show (esp. those still watching Raw), should really pick it up.

John Uso is by far the most sympathetic character on the show. Tyson Kidd and Natalya both come off as terrible people, but that's probably due to their horrible acting more than how they actually are. Eva Marie is just so absolutely stupid. Naomi and Cameron bring the most entertainment via their respective boyfriends. Vincent is just fantastic, he's great.

And then there are Nikki (who only talks about weight, her fake tits being bigger than Brie's and sex (not surprising considering her HUGE MOVING BOX FULL OF VIBRATORS) and Brie, who have all the relationship issues for extra drama.

But that's okay, because Cameron is completely asexual (always good in a profession where you're pretty much selling sex to men).

Watch this show people, it's amazing.

But, if we're talking about missed talent that is actually alive, it'll have to be Taz for me.

A miserable son of a bitch that just throws ninjas in various ways. And when he was done throwing ninjas he'd just choke you without hesitation. He wasn't all that tall nor was he all that muscular.

Samoa Joe is close, but Taz will always be Taz.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, very much looking forward to next week's Total Divas, anybody not watching this show (esp. those still watching Raw), should really pick it up.

John Uso is by far the most sympathetic character on the show. Tyson Kidd and Natalya both come off as terrible people, but that's probably due to their horrible acting more than how they actually are. Eva Marie is just so absolutely stupid. Naomi and Cameron bring the most entertainment via their respective boyfriends. Vincent is just fantastic, he's great.

And then there are Nikki (who only talks about weight, her fake tits being bigger than Brie's and sex (not surprising considering her HUGE MOVING BOX FULL OF VIBRATORS) and Brie, who have all the relationship issues for extra drama.

But that's okay, because Cameron is completely asexual (always good in a profession where you're pretty much selling sex to men).

Watch this show people, it's amazing.

I find the interplay between Nikki and Brie fascinating as they see themselves as a package deal, and their symmetry (lel cos of boobs) is an important facet, and they have to keep on each other to STAY as a package deal.

But, if we're talking about missed talent that is actually alive, it'll have to be Taz for me.

A miserable son of a bitch that just throws ninjas in various ways. And when he was done throwing ninjas he'd just choke you without hesitation. He wasn't all that tall nor was he all that muscular.

Throws ninjas? Did I miss a 3 Ninjas movie with Taz?

I can't help but find some of this discussion funny, how you're not a fan because some of it is staged. kekekeke oh wrasslin'.

Heh, yeah, I see the parallels with wrestling, but it's not like I'm a fan of the overly dramatic, poorly acted backstage stuff WWE routinely engages in anyways. The whole 'just pretend the camera isn't there' shit is maddening.

spindashing said:

Taz should have gone to Japan - everyone knew that WWE would misuse him.

bjork

Sorry about bringing up dead guys, guys. Kind of a dark few days, thinking about things etc.

Of live wrestlers, I'd probably say I miss Jake in his prime. Of guys who could still go, not sure. What's Tomko up to these days?

Carnby

Wait a second... How does this Orton V Cena match work? Is it one pin fall per belt, and not one pin fall unifies the belts? That's awful. What were they thinking!?

Ithil

It's disappointing you into today because she is completely devoid of talent or charisma and is possibly a robot judging by her monotone voice. Literally all she potentially has to offer is that she is attractive. So if she doesn't even have that, what's the point?

Aiii

So not worth it
It's disappointing you into today because she is completely devoid of talent or charisma and is possibly a robot judging by her monotone voice. Literally all she potentially has to offer is that she is attractive. So if she doesn't even have that, what's the point?

That never held Kelly Kelly back though, Eva Marie is hotter than Kelly, so I guess we'll see her on top of the Divas Division for many years to come.

Wrestling confession - I think it is pretty sick the way the wrestling industry/fandom treat young women. I think it is especially fucked up that they bring 18 year olds like Kelly Kelly and Jojo on the road, then fans and the company act shitty towards them for acting immature.

Yes of course they aren't slaves and are free to leave at any point they want, but people at that age aren't going to consider the damage it can do to their growth if it means they get a shot at fame.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Goto has great booking. The fact that he keeps getting chances despite not clicking with the crowd after years of pushing him shows that SOMEBODY is looking out for him.

Like people want to say Naito isn't over with the crowd, which isn't true but delusional Okada fans I guess, but Goto is the definition of 'It's not happening, dude.' He's the Cena vs Orton of New Japan.
Wrestling confession - I think it is pretty sick the way the wrestling industry/fandom treat young women. I think it is especially fucked up that they bring 18 year olds like Kelly Kelly and Jojo on the road, then fans and the company act shitty towards them for acting immature.

Yes of course they aren't slaves and are free to leave at any point they want, but people at that age aren't going to consider the damage it can do to their growth if it means they get a shot at fame.
I don't know, I feel the opposite sometimes. Like if a diva has aspiring Hollywood dreams, people don't seem that bothered. But if a male wrestler doesn't want to spend his whole life wrestling he's dubbed a sellout.

Goto's in danger of becoming Mr. New Japan Cup which, let's face it, is really the c-tier of yearly NJPW competitions. He needs to win the G1 again.

Dragonzord said:
Like people want to say Naito isn't over with the crowd, which isn't true but delusional Okada fans I guess

Oh, Naito's over, he's just not Okada over, which is a problem considering they've spent the months since his return building him as a face.

This is why they're currently holding an online poll to see if the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 8 should be Okada vs Naito or Tanahashi vs Nakamura, which is pretty unprecedented. The IWGP Heavyweight Title match is always the main event. Anywho, the results will be announced on December 8th - however, NJPW blogger enuhito held a similar poll on his blog and, with over 3,000 votes, it's currently sitting at 65% for Nakamura vs Tanahashi and 34.2% for Okada vs Naito, which should give some indication of how the hardcore fans are voting.

I personally would have liked to see New Japan just go with Okada vs Naito - they gave the main event to Shinsuke & Tanahashi back in '05, even though everyone thought it was too early for them at the time. It's a shame that the same faith isn't being shown with Okada & Naito.

That's the crazy part I think naito/ okada will be a good match. But I can see it getting rock/hoganed by nak/tanahashi

Also Goto probable would shbe won the G1 if he didn't get injured. Guy best okada too

Also they have naito his own belt that has done jack for him.

Ithil

WWE in general treats women terribly. They're made to look like "silly girls doing their silly thing" on TV nonstop, and of course they're literally told to wrestle worse than the men to not "show them up".

Xater

The way females are treated by wrestling is deplorable. I would love to see some women matches and actual storylines, but apparently WWE doesn't think that's a good idea. I started watching again around Summerslam and fell in love with AJ. She had charisma and is apparently capable in the ring, but they don#t really let her do anything. Can't really judge most of the other women, because I think I have seen even less of them.

Also the name Divas is total shit.

XenoRaven

To be fair, apart from winning the G1 tournament, Naito's build has been a bunch of Tanaka and Takahashi matches. I like those guys, but they're a far cry from the guys Okada beats every month.

Considering most of the talented girls are on NXT there is a reason the main roster matches are bad.

Makes me glad Indy women are being signed so we can still have awesome shimmer and shine shows.

I'm i had no idea there were even 14 divas on the roster

AJ is the only diva to get a reaction of the crowd. Plus can we get a new belt please.

Xater

Considering most of the talented girls are on NXT there is a reason the main roster matches are bad.

Makes me glad Indy women are being signed so we can still have awesome shimmer and shine shows.

I'm i had no idea there were even 14 divas on the roster

AJ is the only diva to get a reaction of the crowd. Plus can we get a new belt please.

I need to watch NXT. I think I have only seen Emma so far. Can only say that she seems to have a fun gimmick.

Top Bottom