• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

somedevil

So since
Smackdown actually takes place on Friday in-story, they'll probably cut the part where Bray says what he said in the spoilers
?

Yeah, that's a problem the interview should of came out on Saturday. Yeah could edit it or just say that's Bray being Bray.

gurudyne

So since
Smackdown actually takes place on Friday in-story, they'll probably cut the part where Bray says what he said in the spoilers
?

Unless it's a
metaphor. He "entered" Bray Wyatt's domain a man but will "leave" a monster after enough harassment and mental torture. I doubt they go this way, but it sounds like an option.

Rapstah

Unless it's a
metaphor. He "entered" Bray Wyatt's domain a man but will "leave" a monster after enough harassment and mental torture. I doubt they go this way, but it sounds like an option.

The commentators would look like idiots though, unless they regularily re-record commentary for Smackdown.

Maybe I'm wrong in assuming they tape their weekly Triple H interviews after Smackdown. Maybe this all makes sense on Smackdown. I may consider skipping through it to see whatever the hell this angle is.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Unless it's a
He said the same thing about Kane. It means nothing. The wrestler has a different concept of the storyline than what the writers really have going.

Jrs blog has been amazin since he got let go . Must Read every post

No one should sleep on the potential of Dean Ambrose or Seth Rollins considering that Reigns is getting ample, fresh spotlight these days. Both Rollins and Ambrose are going to be top hands. I'd bet BBQ sauce on it.

Ambrose has always reminded me as having some Brian Pillman and some Roddy Piper in his personality. So, if Ambrose doesn't get institutionalized (Only kidding) with those perceived personality traits, he's going to be outstanding. A little of The Loose Cannon and some of Hot Rod equates to money to me. Rollins, from day one in NXT, has always reminded me of CM Punk and I'm not sure exactly why but I perceive that it's a good thing nonetheless. Rollins match several weeks back from Daniel Bryan was one that I could watch every night.

It's obviously enviable that the Shield will implode at some point to allow the three stars to evolve separately instead of keeping all three talented men in one entity. How, where, when it happens remains to be seen but the why is a no brainer especially when WWE needs to build quality depth. This isn't the era of the Horsemen when talent depth wasn't an issue.

Punk/Bryan are a great team. For now. I hope that they are back on their own sooner than later but I've really like them as a duo in recent weeks.

Can't say that I loved the kidnapping storyline as it challenges reality. For some, that may not be an issue at all which is fine. Perhaps Kane can find Daniel Bryan. Just saying.

Rapstah

The goal is one champion.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/triple-h-...ampion-in-wwe-wwecom-exclusive-nov-2-26167231

Well, that answers the question of what their intentions are with the match. Still funny that they danced around the word unification or undisputed on Raw and just said that both titles were on the line.

This just makes it sound like they changed their minds between Survivor Series and Raw and then between Survivor Series and now. Relatively this is the best alternative, and there's really no room for them to book a match where they get one belt each from what he said there.

charsace

Right now in the Diva division AJ and Nattie should be constantly going at it for the belt. AJ is overall the best diva and Nattie is probably the best female wrestler there is. WWE should let them go at it. Instead they push the divas who can't wrestle. The only other 2 divas that seem to be worth anything on the main roster are Summer, who is good, and Eva because she gets a reaction. JoJo is one of the more athletic girls and if she's serious about wrestling she can stay at NXT for 2-4 years and then be a real contender in the division.

gurudyne

He said the same thing about Kane. It means nothing. The wrestler has a different concept of the storyline than what the writers really have going.

Either Bray needs to be let in the writers' meetings or this company has some communication problems they need to deal with pronto.

charsace

Either Bray needs to be let in the writers' meetings or this company has some communication problems they need to deal with pronto.

This company is filled with idiots. They are pushing Reigns too soon when Rollins and Ambrose are both ready for the main event now. Rollins is a better version of Jeff Hardy and on Bryan's level as a wrestler, yet they are giving Reigns the monster push when he would be better off dominating the midcard for around 6 months while Ambrose and Rollins feud(this would be a great feud based off of them going at it in FCW/NXT). I like Reigns more than the last couple of guys they tried to quickly push, but if he isn't on point his bubble will burst.

Nattie is not a good wrestler. People have to stop thinking she is.

She's not THAT bad. It's not a far stretch to say she's one of the best on the roster, but obviously the way WWE promote her pedigree has rubbed off on people. Can you blame them, though? We're given mere minutes to see what these women can actually do in the ring, it's fairly difficult to tell how good or bad some of them really are. Layla, for instance, doesn't get the credit she deserves. She's improved a hell of a lot over the years.

Kaladin

I wish divas matches were given more than 5 minutes of ring time (if we're lucky). But no, we gotta have more pointless comedy matches with Fandango, Khali, Santino, Hornswaggle, Brodus Clay, 3MB, ect.

strobogo

Banned
I think Nattie is one of the worst women they have. I'd take all the NXT girls, Skinny Bella, Alicia Fox, AJ, Kaitlyn, Layla (where is she?), Summer Rae, Naomi, and Tamina over her without hesitation.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nattie is not a good wrestler. People have to stop thinking she is.

She WAS a good wrestler. A several years when she wrestled in England, her time in ECCW, early FCW, early WWE house shows, and as part of SHIMMER. The last one Sara Del Ray enjoyed doing and has used as an example at the Performance Centre.

These days? Aye, I can't defend anything that she does any more as a good wrestler. It was either beaten out of her by others with the "don't do better than the boys" or she just gave up trying on her own, but that's something that has happened since joining WWE fully.

Brief moments where she was good, early new NXT when she was working with the girls before Sara Del Ray became a full trainer and she had periods of properly linking moves together when she teamed with Beth Phoenix instead of whatever the hell she does now like a Tough Enough "I've been wrestling 11 years" reject, but I understand why when your only experience is this you would think as a whole she has never been any good.

Try out SHIMMER Vol. 7 though. Good strong technical match on top of all the other good matches from that card.

Rollins and Ambrose can be elevated right now. But since The E can only do one thing at once it will be Reigns who will be pushed to the moon. He will be fed to Cena next summer than become a joke character.

NXT needs an extra hour. Fuck.

strobogo

Banned
Yes. I am judging her by her WWE work. She sucks. The models Johnny Ace wanted to bang do even basic stuff better than Nattie. People bought into her being a good wrestler like everyone bought into Vince being a scrawny dude in the 80s.

No one can agree on who is and isn't a good women's wrestler in the WWE because, at one point or another, every single one of them has been involved in an awful match or ridiculous angle. Flaws are much easier to forgive when surrounded by successes, but it seems as if the Divas have very little chance for success.

I wish divas matches were given more than 5 minutes of ring time (if we're lucky). But no, we gotta have more pointless comedy matches with Fandango, Khali, Santino, Hornswaggle, Brodus Clay, 3MB, ect.

Fandango, Santino, and 3MB are good wrestlers. They should be given meaningful matches that allow them to exhibit more comedic muscle than the bullshit they are given on television. Brodus and Swoggle are there to fill time at house shows.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Again, I bought into her being a good wrestler based off the good wrestling I saw of her in SHIMMER and live in person. As someone who regurally follows women's wrestling in North America, Europe, Australia, and Japan, I know when someone is good and it's not "because WWE made me buy into it" or otherwise.

At a cost, you can see at least one of the good matches as well. http://www.clickwrestle.com/pro/10503/sara-del-rey-vs-nattie-neidhart

Weren't a lot of people in this chat also talking about a good match with Gail Kim in TNA not that long ago? Against some "need a boy" Tiffany? Well based only on WWE, no one was good.

Jr has a blog?

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog

If you ever want an interesting look back as well. Try to locate JR's old blog back when WWF.com first went up and no one really had any idea what to do with it. He had some interesting comments and thoughts back in the day before he had to present all of that as a character instead.

charsace

Fandango, Santino, and 3MB are good wrestlers. They should be given meaningful matches that allow them to exhibit more comedic muscle than the bullshit they are given on television. Brodus and Swoggle are there to fill time at house shows.

Santino is legit. He would beat the shit out of anyone in the back not named brock lesnar. He could have played a legit bad ass with nasty judo based throws. Instead they stuck him with a joke gimmick that would have killed most guys. And he carried it to the point where he was one of the most over guys on the roster. If he was 6'4 with a muscle head body he would have been a main eventer.

Natalya is legit. Guys that have worked with her love her and say she's one of the best women wrestlers. They always say they can treat her like they treat male wrestlers in the ring and that she has the ability and toughness to hang.

I'd love to see some idiot try and take liberties with Santino, only for him to snap and just shoot on the poor bastard.

Also, he hired Yuki Ishikawa as a trainer for his MMA & Wrestling dojo, so clearly he knows his shit.

I'd love to see some idiot try and take liberties with Santino, only for him to snap and just shoot on the poor bastard.
I remember when Santino hit his head during some backstage segment, and I wanted so badly for them to give Santino an amnesia gimmick where he legit thinks he's that shoot wrestler that he was in FCW.

strobogo

Banned
Nice, so even Japan doesn't want Mario.

that's hard times.

HARD TIMES.

images

I don't get why they didn't do shit with Kane after the Wyatts kidnapped him and then immediately gave his character the most drastic change its ever had out of nowhere. Why not just have him return as corporate Kane after Bray shown him what a real monster is?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This 50 Years of Sports Entertainment is a nice big chunk of essential viewing. Plenty of holes but a ton of content.

charsace

WWE fucked up with Santino real bad. They stuck him with a shit gimmick like they do with guys that they want to job out to their chosen guys and he still got over. All the guys they have tried to push as bad ass shooters over the years have failed badly, yet they have a great shooter who is a great talker and can wrestle and they turn him into a joke character that they want to job out. The misuse of Santino is one of the reasons why went through a long period of not watching much WWE. When a guy can get over like he did and not get acknowledged then you know something is wrong with the WWE.

WWE is doing the same thing with Bryan right now in trying to keep him as a guy that floats between the upper mid card/lower main event area. They also pulled this shit with Kane when the dude was red hot and people thought he would challenge for the belt by putting him in that terrible angle. You all know what I'm talking about.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd say (and there's no way to know) that Santino is a more successful character as opposed to if he had a shooter type gimmick. It may not be what we want but it makes money, and people love him.

Top Bottom