• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious which videogame designer/director/creator you don't consider a fool, Sunflower?

On the "Love" list:

Josh Sawyer <3
Sid Meier
John Carmack
Brian Fargo
Richard Garriott
Will Wright
Yu Suzuki
Feargus Urquhart

On the "Fool" list:

Hideo Kojima
Mark Cerny
Michel Ancel
Ron Gilbert

G-Fex

Why the hell is Carmack on that list

you doofus he helped make the best game ever. DOOM. And rockstar John Romero.

Sandy Peterson
American McGee.

SMH Bronson.

And that girl they posted in the blue does have a big BEE-Hind but not as great as the other stuff I've seen recently if you know what I mean.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
American McGee is on my Fools list. Dude made Bad Day LA.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know any game makers besides Kojima and Miyamoto. Nor am I interested in them. Companies, sure, but individual guys I have no affiliation to or need to know who they are or worship them/hate them. I really don't care. Does that make me a good or bad gamer?

Dude's a visionary and responsible for so much. He deserves it.

Any goodwill he had from Ultima was pissed away when he went into space and made that goddamn Tabula Rasa

you doofus he helped make the best game ever. DOOM. And rockstar John Romero.

Sandy Peterson
American McGee.

SMH Bronson.

Yay he made DOOM. That means he's also responsible for the movie.

And the stupidity of Romero and McGee automatically sink him. The only person who deserves to have their name on the game they make is Archer McLean dammit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know any game makers besides Kojima and Miyamoto. Nor am I interested in them. Companies, sure, but individual guys I have no affiliation to or need to know who they are or worship them/hate them. I really don't care. Does that make me a good or bad gamer?

Ignorance IS bliss. I miss being able to look at a game and expect nothing. On the other hand, following certain designers puts me into games I sometimes would have ignored, then ended up loving.

MGS4 sucks guys but Spore is totally cool.

This is true.

strobogo

Banned
I base all my gaming picks on what Gaming side says, which means I never play any games that get hate threads, and I never play games that get love threads. Instead, I play tablet games Rockpocalypse and John Cena's Fast Lane.

jmdajr

MGS4 might not have been perfect but it had it's moments.

Return to Shadow Moses was great. In fact, I temporarily stopped playing 4 at that point to replay part 1. It was a good refresher and made the transition all that better.

charsace

Since it looks like the Shield are gonna break up I've come up with a way to build up Ambrose as a heel. This is an idea that can work with guys like Flair and Jericho.

Get Ambrose into a feud with Punk. Punk is high on Ambrose and has said he wants to work with him. It would make for a great feud because both of them are great on the mic. Have either Flair or Jericho watch Ambrose's matches in the build up to an Ambrose/Punk ppv match. Ambrose loses the PPV match to Punk. Then Jericho or Flair confronts him back stage, telling Ambrose how he has watched his career in the indies and floated his name to management. He then talks about Ambrose's lack of a mentor and father figure throughout his life and offers to take him under his wing. Ambrose accepts.

Ambrose then goes on to help Jericho or Flair to win matches and eventually helps him to win the WHC. Ambrose helps his mentor in a feud with a main event face helping him defend the title at a ppv. Then the next night on Raw Ambrose helps his mentor attack he face that he defeated in the previous match. Then Ambrose attacks his mentor and applies the Walls of Jericho/Figure Four to him. Ambrose can then go on a rant about how he's learned all he's needed learn from Flair/Jericho and that he has surpassed him. This will lead to a triple threat match between the face, Ambrose, and Flair/Jericho. Ambrose wins the triple threat match.

This would work better with Flair because I think he should be done soon and his dirty tactics and Figure 4 would be perfect for Ambrose. And this could lead to Ambrose starting a rivalry with Triple H who is a Flair disciple. Eventually Trips can pass the torch to Ambrose. And/or Ambrose could feud with punk and come out on top in their second feud.

What do you guys think?

jmdajr

Never played Spore either, but I heard it was a disappointment that even humbles Peter Molyneux failed aspirations.

jmdajr

Since it looks like the Shield are gonna break up I've come up with a way to build up Ambrose as a heel. This is an idea that can work with guys like Flair and Jericho.

Get Ambrose into a feud with Punk. Punk is high on Ambrose and has said he wants to work with him. It would make for a great feud because both of them are great on the mic. Have either Flair or Jericho watch Ambrose's matches in the build up to an Ambrose/Punk ppv match. Ambrose loses the PPV match to Punk. Then Jericho or Flair confronts him back stage, telling Ambrose how he has watched his career in the indies and floated his name to management. He then talks about Ambrose's lack of a mentor and father figure throughout his life and offers to take him under his wing. Ambrose accepts.

Ambrose then goes on to help Jericho or Flair to win matches and eventually helps him to win the WHC. Ambrose helps his mentor in a feud with a main event face helping him defend the title at a ppv. Then the next night on Raw Ambrose helps his mentor attack he face that he defeated in the previous match. Then Ambrose attacks his mentor and applies the Walls of Jericho/Figure Four to him. Ambrose can then go on a rant about how he's learned all he's needed learn from Flair/Jericho and that he has surpassed him. This will lead to a triple threat match between the face, Ambrose, and Flair/Jericho. Ambrose wins the triple threat match.

This would work better with Flair because I think he should be done soon and his dirty tactics and Figure 4 would be perfect for Ambrose. And this could lead to Ambrose starting a rivalry with Triple H who is a Flair disciple. Eventually Trips can pass the torch to Ambrose. And/or Ambrose could feud with punk and come out on top in their second feud.

What do you guys think?

That's some Fantasy booking right there...

What do you guys think?

Why not just make Punk the mentor?

jred2k

What do you guys think?

hOYsyB8.gif

As much as I like Ambrose he probably has another year or two of "paying dues" in the company before he gets a major singles push. Although I would like him to beat up on Flair so Miz could come to Flair's aide and show him how well hes learned to apply the Figure Four.

charsace

That's some Fantasy booking right there...

It is fantasy booking. The WWE needs to put some young guys in the main event and they need heels. I think Ambrose and everyone in the Shield will be great wrestlers. IMO the Shield is the worst gimmick that the WWE has used to introduce new wrestlers. What has made them a great team so far is that all 3 guys that are in The Shield are great. There was a lot of time so far where the Shield hasn't had a real story line and they were still popular. I think that if these guys were anything less than great the group would have fell a part and they would be back in NXT right now. They basically got over early on based on their presence alone.

Why not just make Punk the mentor?
I think the angle works better with an older wrestler. It also gives an old dog another title run and people would be surprised to see Flair or Jericho win the title. Also Dean would take the submission move of the older wrestler. Most likely Jericho or Flair will hang the boots soon. Flair would be ideal since he is older than Jericho and utilizes a dirtier moveset.

I don't even know what Dean Ambrose's finishing move is.

Headlock Driver. It's... basically what the name says.

It is fantasy booking. The WWE needs to put some young guys in the main event and they need heels. I think Ambrose and everyone in the Shield will be great wrestlers. IMO the Shield is the worst gimmick that the WWE has used to introduce new wrestlers. What has made them a great team so far is that all 3 guys that are in The Shield are great. There was a lot of time so far where the Shield hasn't had a real story line and they were still popular. I think that if these guys were anything less than great the group would have fell a part and they would be back in NXT right now. They basically got over early on based on their presence alone.

lol no

jred2k

They got over because they were immediately injected in to the main event and booked to win every match for their first 6 months. They were easy for people to get behind because they weren't trading wins every week like 80% of the roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thinking about extending WrassleGAF's mindshare to the OT with a Megapowers topic - who was right and who was wrong?

Top Bottom