• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

DMczaf

I eat entire Domino's pizzas!

ninja_turtles_product_placement_6.jpg

Corporate Kane has revived my flagging interest in the new corporation and hell Raw in general, I want some intellectual microphone time from Government Guy Glenn next week or else!

I drew Bret Hart.
http://i.imgur.com/P7UgBzf.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

More masterpiece than Chris Masters.

He's not even a hitman anymore, he is simply a Canadian with damn comfy [s]jorts[/s] trousers, I'll take his word for it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Hmm. Not sure, but it can be legitimate debate.

Torrito seems to have grasp on the subject

Why chose when you can enjoy them both. Come on now, this is not like real life where one will get jealous when you look at the other, that's one of the big bonuses of television!.

I do legs twice a week as well, calves both days of the split, one day hammies and another day quads. Deadlifts on hamstring day and squats on quad day

I haven't done squats in 3-4 weeks. Was impacting my deadlifts too much. Now that I'm done with my current program, time to bring them back in. Hitting bench 4 times a week now. Time for bigger delts, chest, tris, etc.

TANAHASHI MODE GO!

DMczaf

I like how even in a wrestling video game, Captain America has his arms out to protect himself from the chair shots.

Wrestling video games teach us how to be real fake wrestlers.

I haven't done squats in 3-4 weeks. Was impacting my deadlifts too much. Now that I'm done with my current program, time to bring them back in. Hitting bench 4 times a week now. Time for bigger delts, chest, tris, etc.

TANAHASHI MODE GO!

been doing Wendler's 5/3/1 for the past 3 months, the progress is slow, but it's progress and I like that. My bench has already gone up 20lbs.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
been doing Wendler's 5/3/1 for the past 3 months, the progress is slow, but it's progress and I like that. My bench has already gone up 20lbs.

I had to add more squats into my 531, I noticed I was losing strength in a couple spots. Tweaking it for my body and now I feel as strong as ever. Feels good.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I think it really depends on what you mean by "Next Christian". For me Christian has always had Chavo Guerrero syndrome, wherein he will never be able to escape the shadow of Edgie so the only way he even gets a whiff of success is by embracing it. Lately Christian has been enhancement talent sure, but that is only due to longevity. Ain't no motherfucker ever been made to look good by beating Christian prior to like... 2010.

Zayn may end up as enhancement talent, sure. But he would be infinitely better in that role than Kofi/Miz/Ziggler etc. I think the issue is that everyone is so hung up on dudes making it to the top or being seen as The Man that the undercard has suffered for it.
I'll give you the "in the shadow" statement, but undercard was already suffering for years before people were pining for their faves to make it to the top. Things are better on the tag team side, but I can't really say the IC or US title receive much attention just going from the on and off watching I've been doing of Raw.
Why can't Santino fill the role of "token Canadian enhancement talent"?
Because he's Italian!
DmU3Nmw.png

Gringo beating
:lol
Zayn will probably catch on fast, though. He's the only guy in NXT who I can confidently say will be a success on the main roster, at least at the moment.
Yeah he's great, but I'm not gonna hold hope in that he'll be utilized properly.

gurudyne

Yeah he's great, but I'm not gonna hold hope in that he'll be utilized properly.

Knowing the E, they'd probably rob him of his face persona and personable mic skills by doing something stupid like putting him in a mask and having him speak in fake foreign language because he's Canadian. Poor bastard doesn't stand a chance.

I had to add more squats into my 531, I noticed I was losing strength in a couple spots. Tweaking it for my body and now I feel as strong as ever. Feels good.

I'll usually do the Big But Boring workout on squat day and then add some leg extensions for the extra quad work. Hit up the supermarket for a whole roasted chicken, eat it and feel manly.

Working out really is a lot of fun, I have been going 5 or 6 days a week for the past 4 years steady and it's the only thing other than my marriage that I have been able to commit to this long. Even video game time comes and goes in spurts.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Knowing the E, they'd probably rob him of his face persona and personable mic skills by doing something stupid like putting him in a mask and having him speak in fake foreign language because he's Canadian. Poor bastard doesn't stand a chance.
You joke, but he'll the 4th member of Los Matadores, brother of El Torito before you know it.

I'll give you the "in the shadow" statement, but undercard was already suffering for years before people were pining for their faves to make it to the top. Things are better on the tag team side, but I can't really say the IC or US title receive much attention just going from the on and off watching I've been doing of Raw.

Oh I know and that's sort of the thing. I would much rather see Daniel Bryan and Sami Zayn leading a healthy robust IC division than being in the Cena division with a midcard that is basically just a holding pool until you get a MITB shot or whatever. You don't need to be in the World title picture to be the guy everyone wants to see.

It used to be that they could sell a Raw as being a special episode by using the main event for an IC or Tag defense (they did this a couple of weeks ago and the episode reeeeally stood out because of it). But lately the main event segment is just spinning the wheels on the top angle until the PPV comes around.

So yeah you're probably right that Zayn won't be used right, but that's more an issue of the role that's right for him not actually existing in current day WWE.

It used to be that they could sell a Raw as being a special episode by using the main event for an IC or Tag defense (they did this a couple of weeks ago and the episode reeeeally stood out because of it). But lately the main event segment is just spinning the wheels on the top angle until the PPV comes around.

A big thing that turned me off post-Attitude Era was the laziness in building a feud. The monthly PPV's worked really well when you had the Raw PPV, then Smackdown PPV, then one of the 4 big PPV's would merge everything together. We're 3 weeks from Survivor Series and absolutely nothing is built around it.

I know they would never go back to 4 PPVs, but there is a reason why the late 80's and early 90's was a golden age for WWE.

Zayn's hard to get wrong, unless they start him as a heel and he's terrible at it. He can get over by being awesome in the ring.

Actually Neville could probably do well for a while before he gets the Kofi role of random IC/US/tag team reigns. I can see that happening, but if it does, he's way better than Kofi. He's the type of dude that they should use to build up the midcard.

DMczaf

I think WWE is doing the right thing with Punk and Bryan. They are now in a position to put over talent, and that's part of this Wyatt feud. No one gave a shit about them beating up Miz, but the second they started touching Punk and Bryan, they started actually getting reactions.

Bryan will be ready for his Rumble to WM run. Stop worrying.

...or WWE can just throw it all away and focus on Cena.

A big thing that turned me off post-Attitude Era was the laziness in building a feud. The monthly PPV's worked really well when you had the Raw PPV, then Smackdown PPV, then one of the 4 big PPV's would merge everything together. We're 3 weeks from Survivor Series and absolutely nothing is built around it.

I know they would never go back to 4 PPVs, but there is a reason why the late 80's and early 90's was a golden age for WWE.

The September/October stretch is the fucking worst, so many PPVs with so little consequence. Survivor Series might actually not be bad because at least 3/4 matches we're getting so far are pretty fresh and hopefully they'll pick the Big E/Axel thing back up.

People got pissed when they unmasked him.

It was the best thing they could've done. Sami will be fine.

And I bet Cena just wants to do the WHC deal for a while/work with the newer talent and such.

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
You joke, but he'll the 4th member of Los Matadores, brother of El Torito before you know it.

Yeah, they'll make him some generic luchador, who can only speak in bad Spanish, and tries to get the crowd to chant ole.

WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MINDS WOULD WANT TO CHANT OLE!?!?!?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only Ole I chant for is Anderson, you fuckers.

Top Bottom