• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

You get online multiplayer for free too if you pay for plus. Sony is the best!

I'm just messing with you Bootaaay!

Ugh, that actually does really bug me. I'd always insisted I wouldn't ever pay for multiplayer, but now it doesn't seem like there's much choice on consoles other than pay up or go Nintendo. At least I get some games for 'free' with Plus, I guess :/

somedevil

I'm mad about Big Show getting the main event spot, but I'm even more mad about him doing the yes chant with Daniel Bryan not even there. I'm pretty sure he's breaking like 15 wrestling laws doing this right now. This is what happens when Taker isn't around to keep people in check in Wrestlers Court.

Don't worry next weeks show is in England. Its going to be interesting how the fans react to Big show there.

Raw did a 2.75 rating. As of now in 2012 Raw averaged a 3.0 and in 2013 the average is 3.05.

jmdajr

Like...two New Japan shows, but that's besides the point! It's the principle of the matter, damnit. I gamed online for free from '94 right up to XBL. Ugh, paying for online. I feel so dirty.

I don't know how I used to have unlimited data on my phone, but it's no longer being offered.
Is the internet running out?

strobogo

Banned
You guys all see that this leading up to a Big Show/Accountant Kane feud, right?

I hope it is revealed that Kane had been his accountant for years and was responsible for giving him bad advice that led to Big Shoe being broke. And the bigger reveal that he gave the bad advice on purpose.

I hope it is revealed that Kane had been his accountant for years and was responsible for giving him bad advice that led to Big Shoe being broke. And the bigger reveal that he gave the bad advice on purpose.

Yo, this would be fucking incredible. I approve 100% of this angle.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Hornswaggle
DXHornavy.gif

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Holy shit.

This is genius.

"Invest in Zynga."

untitled4et6qg.gif

Ultratech

I don't know how I used to have unlimited data on my phone, but it's no longer being offered.
Is the internet running out?

Yeah, I used to have unlimited internets on my phone as well.

Then I got a smartphone. :|

Then again, 4G LTE is tons better than craptacular 2G/3G.

G-Fex

Interview was a gigantic waste of time.

Felt like a indie jobber in a room with superstars

goddamn I'm fucking sick of group interviews

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WWF Summerslam 1994

The show starts with Randy Savage welcoming everyone to the brand new United Center, a place where WCW would run Nitro 93 times in the same year. The British Bulldog is sitting in the front row. Vince McMahon and Jerry Lawler will be handling the announcing duties tonight. King informs us that HBK and Diesel defeated the Headshrinkers the previous night in Indianapolis to win the WWF Tag Team Championships, making Diesel a dual champion.

IRS/Bam Bam Big Yellow vs The Headshrinkers

Face Headshrinkers are weird. It got really weird for that brief time when Barbarian replaced Samu and they wore boots. There should be an indie that runs the Headshrinking Powers of Fear or something. Warlord, Samu, Meng, Fatu, Barbarian, just hitting stupid cunts like the Young Bucks really hard. Fatu and Bam Bam start the match. Vince says it is Samu. It is Fatu. Superkick from Fatu. He tries to slam Bam Bam and falls back. Bam Bam misses a diving headbutt and is hit with a lariatooo. Double superkick. IRS gets tagged in and the fans finally react to something. I always found it weird how Bam Bam was just mid card fodder while he was at his athletic peak, but I guess you can thank the Kliq for that. Samu misses a cross body, but IRS is sent to the floor and rammed into the steps. Double chops. An awkward low bridge sends Fatu to the floor. Fatu and Bam Bam have a big collision. Double Skull Crushing Finale to IRS, which had absolutely zero impact. Superfly splash from Fatu. Ted distracted the ref and Bam Bam broke the pin. He also hit Captain Lou. This pissed Afa off, who jumped in the ring and beat up Bam Bam. Triple headbutt to Bam Bam. The first match ends in a DQ, just like all great PPVs should. The teams brawled to the back as Ted hightailed it out of there. Vince couldn't understand how the Headshrinkers were disqualified.

ibhXeBbVFA1pfj.gif

iW5GHUIfwwMU9.gif

TO THE BACK
. Leslie Nielson is hot on the trail of The Undertaker. He thought he found the Dead Man, but instead, it was George Kennedy. They're both on the case! Literally.

ibhCaQputcQGSN.gif

Gorilla Monsoon is on the hotline with the Bulldog.

Bull Nakano vs Alundra Blaze WWF Women's Championship

Luna Vachon brought Bull into to get the title off of Madusa. I always thought Bull was hot. I like big thighs. Madusa hits a dropkick, but misses the second one. Hair throws. Has to be in every American female match ever. Rana from Madusa. Spin kick. Bull stops that shit with a double handed choke slam. One armed Boston crab. Not a single leg crab, but she's holding both legs with one arm. She then does a Sharpshooter/surfboard combo like the bad ass bitch that she is. Luna gets a cheap shot in. Madusa does a school girl, but Bull turns it into a cross arm breaker, which gets zero reaction as the concept of holds like that hadn't really caught on in the US in 1994. Madusa stupidly attempts a piledriver or powerbomb. She almost wins with a backslide, but then almost loses to a powerbomb. Bull misses the guillotine leg drop and Madusa wins with a German suplex. Title retained.

ibeDcHrBhVSLat.gif

TO THE BACK.
Todd Pettingill catches up with HBK and Diesel.

Diesel vs Razor Ramon WWF Intercontinental Championship

Why would you not want to book HBK in a match? Anyway, Walter Payton was in the corner of Razor. Diesel's mullet has grown out nicely. Toothpick! Razor hits a series of punches, which send Diesel down and then to the floor. HBK hypes him back up. Nash goes for that kidney based offense. Then a short arm lariatooo. Razor comes back with a few of his own, but it doesn't take long for Diesel to get back in control. Razor gets out of a sleeper with a back suplex. Too bad he gets dumped to the floor seconds later. HBK removes a turnbuckle pad. HBK and Sweetness get into it. Earl slides out to break them up, which allows for HBK to hit a lariatooo off the steps on Razor. Razor barely makes it back in the ring before the 10 count. Earl stands in the way of the exposed turn buckle, but HBK jumped up on the apron, which allowed Diesel to whip Razor into the buckle anyway. Snake eyes. Earl Hebner is the worst and most easily distracted ref I've ever seen. Razor's come back was cut off with a big boot. Abdominal stretch spot. Razor gets one of his own on, only to get hip tossed. Diesel goes gut first into the turnbuckle. 1 2 HEGOTIMNOHEDIDN'T! Super bulldog. 1 2 YESNOHEKICKEDOUT! Razor gets out of the jackknife and calls for the Razor's Edge. More HBK distraction allows a flying shoulder block from Diesel. HBK and Walter have a tug of war with the IC Championship. HBK hits the ring and accidentally superkicks Diesel! Razor makes the pin. New champion!

i5v5TInmIeyhP.gif

TO THE MAN. Randy Savage is in the crowd, congratulating Razor. It's obvious Vince had no idea what to do with Savage in 1993/1994. I think Savage should have turned heel and feuded with Bret.

TO THE BACK. Todd Pettingill (that smug fuckhead) talks with Lex Luger and Tatanka. The results for the poll are in: 54% of fans think Lex sold out to the Million Dollar Man. "Sold out" is said at least 300 times. We then get Tatanka's months of video proof, all the way up to today, with Ted entering Lex's locker room with a duffel bag.

Tatanka vs Lex Luger

Mullets everywhere. Again. After some trash talk, they lock up. Lex's power wins the exchange. Lex does a terrible small package and Tatanka decides to try to chop a nipple off for it. This sucks. The whole show has been pretty boring. The New Generation was a dark time for Vince. Ted came out. He kind of distracted Lex, allowing Tatanka to roll him up for the win. Lex kicks the back of money away. Tatanka attacks Lex. SWERVE! "It's his heritage. Don't you remember? They sold Manhattan for $24! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!" Poor Lex. He went from main eventing and being the (attempted) face of the company to being used as a backdrop for midcarder for life Tatanka's heel turn that would go absolutely no where, all within a year.

TO THE BACK. Gorilla is on the hotline, waiting for Tatanka.

Jeff Jarrett vs Mabel

The original Rap is Crap angle. This was even worse since at least the WCW version had a ridiculous music video to accompany the angle. Abe "Knuckleball" Schwartz walks around in the crowd with an "I'm on strike" sign. I'd rather watch him walk around the arena than continue watching this shitty match. Oscar slapped Jeff and the ref didn't care at all. Jeff won after Mabel missed an ass splash.

iygFmcHIc9RH3.gif

The lights dim and Vince lets us know that the super sleuths are somewhere in the arena, hot on the case of The Undertaker. They just happened to be a few feet away from the entrance ramp. A silhouette of Taker is behind them, but gone when they turn around.

We get a recap of the Bret/Owen feud, going back to Survivor Series 1993.

Vince and King talk to Stu and Helen Hart. King heels on them and then talks with the Bulldog. Jim Neidhart was behind the rest of the family.

TO THE BACK. Todd talks with Bret, who is just recovering from strep throat. Bret doesn't hate Owen, nor has he ever. Anvil, on the other hand, fuck that fat fuck.

Bret Hart vs Owen Hart WWF Championship Steel Cage Match

After a LOT of build up, the match finally starts, with Owen attack Bret while he got into the cage. Bret comes back with the taint buster. Owen just beats Bret down. DDT from Bret. He's the first to attempt to escape. Owen brings him back down and nails an enziguri. Owen tries to go out, only to be caught in a back suplex. Bulldog from Bret. They fight over the door, with Owen biting Bret's finger to get him to let go. Bret is slammed from the top. Owen nearly gets out, but is pulled back by his hair. They fight at the top of the cage, with Bret getting knocked off and Owen hitting a missile dropkick. He gets up and JUMPS up the cage. Bret catches up with him and they both do all the cheap things you would do to your brother in a fight before both fell back to the ring. Bret once again goes up. Owen grabs his leg and pulls his leg from out of his leg, sending Bret knee/balls first into the top rope. Bret recovers and after more jockeying over the door, he misses an elbow from the second rope. That mid 90s ring was brutal. Owen is again pulled back from outside of the cage by his hair, and then slammed from the top. Owen does an old school Samoan drop. Owen is the first to actually go into the cage, about half way through the match. He pulls Bret back in and does a back superplex. Piledriver from Owen! You guys know I'm a sucker for a good piledriver. They again fight on the top rope, but this time it is Owen whose balls feel the POWAH of rope. Bret desperately fights to get out of the door and ends up rolling back on Owen, hammering him in the face. Now Owen's almost out! Slingshot into the cage. Bret could have won, but he went to the wrong side of the cage. Owen Supermans to stop Bret. Owen again goes face first into the cage, this time right in the center where the cage comes together. Bret's knee is giving him a lot of trouble. Spinning heel kick. They again brawl at the top of the cage, with Owen taking a big bump, but recovering and unloading some European uppercuts. They collide head first in the middle of the ring. Superplex! With Owen outside of the cage to start it! Owen locks in the Sharpshooter! Bret breaks it and locks on one of his own. They both get on the other side of the cage, but Owen's leg gets trapped. Bret wins! Title retained. Jim Neidhart ambushes Bulldog, which also knocks Diana Hart Smith over the railing. He and Owen drag Bret back in the ring, pad lock the cage, and continue the beat down. The fight off all the Hart family members trying to climb the cage. Bulldog finally makes it in and Owen and Anvil bail.

ii2hNnFbszqo9.gif

ibwYS00QWfQOGH.gif

i7MQVopVtlJ4X.gif

ibewWPisxLvSMS.gif

i7EEhkZlmAcyF.gif

TO THE BACK. Pettingill chases down Owen and Anvil. Owen is sick of that family.

Recap of The Undertaker's last 8 months or so, going from his death at the Royal Rumble, to Ted Dibiase claiming he now had control of The Undertaker. This includes various eye witnesses claiming to have seen Taker around.

The Undertaker vs The Undertaker

Get this shit out of here. You know how Undertaker matches before 1996 were basically just chokes for 12 minutes? Imagine TWO Undertakers, choking each other for 12 minutes. After what feels like 3 hours of entrances, the real Taker finally comes out. Fake Taker came out, taking about 7 minutes to get to the ring. Then Paul came out with druids and a casket. He got in the ring, opened up the urn, which had a giant light in it. THEN the real Undertaker came out, which meant his entrance theme was played 3 times in a row. Fake Taker was way too tan. This match is so boring. Especially after the cage match. The 15 minute entrances killed the crowd. They're so silent that Vince points it out and tries to cover it as they are stunned and in awe of what they are seeing. Stunned at how fucking boring it is? The real Undertaker won with 3 tombstones. This might have been more boring than Lex vs Yoko.

izjlz5Bkz4YDN.gif

i6gqa9wKRIQQv.gif

Vince throws it to Macho, who throws it to Leslie Nielson and George Kennedy, who have found Undertaker's coffin. It was empty of course. George sees a brief case. It's closed. THE CASE IS CLOSED!

DQ Count: 1 out of 7 matches.

Man, maybe I picked the wrong DVD set to take a WCW detour on. Besides Bret vs Owen, the show sucked. But not in the same way that WCW shows suck. It's not like the matches are full of botches and terrible booking. They're just SO BORING. The cage match was so great because it was really worked like two brothers fighting, doing all the cheap shots and dick moves that brothers do while fighting.

G-Fex

Man Undertaker vs. Undertaker sounded so cool as a kid but I couldn't see it (Couldn't get PPV's)

So it was garbage eh?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
There's no such thing as a PPV that is both a waste of time and has a Bret versus the KING OF HARTS/THE BLACK HART in the card.

Penguin

I feel like SummerSlam 95 may be worse, but no match is coming to mind other than I think Diesel vs Mabel

And the oft-forgotten HBK vs Razor II

JR on the wyatts
Anxious to watch CM Punk and Daniel Bryan team to face the Wyatt's down the road. This will help the Wyatt's develop more villain nuances and give them the proverbial 'rub' that they need. Right now the Wyatt's are only villains because they are battling two, established fan favorites and not because of the style of work of the bizarre trio. I have great expectations for the Wyatt's in the future but I see them as character, fan favorites at this time.

Plus, if Punk and Bryan team...they could some day break up and have a series of classic matches that no one in WWE could follow. That's my fantasy booking for the day. Follow that, guys.

Punk has those lustful eyes!

Alucard

Banned
So, ROH and TNA are both putting together a more compelling product than WWE right now. ROH just signed the Young Bucks vs. Adrenaline Rush for Final Battle, and I've been enjoying their TV program the past few weeks. Under an hour and generally entertaining.

Interesting note from the Meltzer show on Sunday night - teenagers were up 48% for Cena's first RAW back.

Also, 'YES' is the new 'WHAT.' In five years, when people are being lukewarm to actual Daniel Bryan matches in the midcard, they'll be shouting 'YES' as Roman Reigns saves John Cena from an Alexander Rusev beatdown.

Top Bottom