• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's why I started Games Only podcast. No bullshit, within a minute it's time to talk games. Was getting tired of personal shit! Aaaah!

jmdajr

The first time I ever listened to Giantbomb they spent like 30 minutes talking about energy drinks. I was like... wtf is this?

Sure the E3 and game of the year shows were good, but in reality I listened to the 1up shows far more often because they were on point.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Some people prefer the personalities to the actual content though, so I can't hate that they're giving people what they want.

strobogo

Banned
Bruce Hart is full of shit. You can't believe a single word he says. There is not a chance he was going to get Owen's spot in 1994.

Speaking of no chance, my next detour:

B000WMFZO2.jpg

Hopefully they will recharge me a little more than the shitty Summerfests.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
that other stuff is usally way better than the games talk.

Is that because their opinions on games isn't that great, or that their hearts lie elsewhere? Genuine question cos I don't listen.

Bruce Hart is full of shit. You can't believe a single word he says. There is not a chance he was going to get Owen's spot in 1994.

And to think, your detour was supposed to be energizing. You'll end up watching AWA looking for gold.

Kaladin

B000WMFZO2.jpg

Rumbles are always fun. You can always go extremely lazy when booking battle royals, but WWE never seems to do that with the Rumble. I think their way of staggering the 30 entrants and keeping the ring from being too full helps move the match along better.

The only downside is that non-Rumble matches tend to be after thoughts.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
KI's attract mode (the original) is so fucking dope.

strobogo

Banned
Is that because their opinions on games isn't that great, or that their hearts lie elsewhere? Genuine question cos I don't listen.

And to think, your detour was supposed to be energizing. You'll end up watching AWA looking for gold.

A best of Bockwinkle would be pretty boss, but the AWA can suck it. So boring. And white. When I think AWA, I think old boring white guys.

Rumbles are always fun. You can always go extremely lazy when booking battle royals, but WWE never seems to do that with the Rumble. I think their way of staggering the 30 entrants and keeping the ring from being too full helps move the match along better.

The only downside is that non-Rumble matches tend to be after thoughts.

1998 and 1999 for sure, but 2000 has Dudleys/Hardys table match and Cactus vs HHH. 2001 has Jericho/Benoit ladder match and HHH vs Kurt. 2002 has Vince vs Flair and Jericho vs Rock. So at least I know I'll get a few fun things. If the discs work. Much like I giffed all the Flair Flops in 92, I'm going to attempt to gif all the low blows in 2000. I'm pretty sure there were at least 40 low blows that year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I only listen to pok cass on my commute. Life's too short to waste it listening to nerds when you could be doing something else.

My schedule usually goes:

Monday - Finish Bauer & Pollock from last week
Tuesday - Review-A-Raw
Wed - finish Review-A-Raw
Thurs - Review-A-Wai
Fri - Finish Review-A-Wai, Bauer & Pollock

I don't like video game podcasts much anymore. Once upon a time I'd listen to Player One Podcast but two of the four hosts have really dropped the ball and lost touch with video games and feel like relics talkin. Used to enjoy GFW Radio but that's been gone for a long time.

On off times I will catch up with How Did This Get Made. Good shit every single goddamn time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That sounds fucking amazing. Like some weird fusion of Russo booking and Takeshi's Castle.

1991ish, so what happened that year...I see two potential matches that could have been it:

El Gigante, Sting, and The Steiner Brothers (Rick and Scott) defeated Abdullah the Butcher, The Diamond Studd, Cactus Jack and Big Van Vader in a Chamber of Horrors match (12:33)

The WCW Halloween Phantom defeated Tom Zenk (1:27)

EDIT: They did mention "two guys" so that cuts out the Chamber of Horrors match. Gotta be the Halloween Phantom.

sY9ZuOv.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I can't do game or wrasslin podcasts unless it is Stone Cold's or someone I really want to listen to on Art of Wrestling. I know Sunny hates the ads on Austin's, but Colt's ads bother me so much more. Plus, Austin talks to cooler people about bad ass territory stuff quite often, which I find more enjoyable than listening to indie guys talk about wrestling. Or a guy who is clearly a mark for someone from the 80s/90s instead of a colleague.

My podcasts are JRE, Pointless (even though I've never watched a single second of G4 in my life), Skeptic Tank, Your Mom's House, Hardcore History, Bryan Callen Show depending on the guest, Kill Tony, IHC, WTF depending on the guest, Monday Morning Podcast, and How Did This Get Made. Sometimes Rachel Maddow if I remember, but I'm really not interested in politics any more from any side.

Shows I've cut out in the last few months:

Bertcast (even though I love Bert, I just don't like him as a host of a show)
All of the How Stuff Works podcasts because they got way too ad heavy and got really fluffy instead of actually informing me on how stuff works.
Doug Loves Movies because I realized I hate Doug Benson
Duncan Trussel's Family Hour because I totally forgot about it
Brody Steven's podcast because he stopped doing it, sadly.

I mostly just stick to comedy stuff. I find something weird about listening to podcasts about music/movies/tv/games/wrasslin. Like a talking message board. I don't like it. It's too nerdy or something. I also hate Talking Dead and Talking Bad and all those kind of post show wrap up things.

bjork

Jesus christ, did this fuck just wake up. "And I uh... you know, and uh Pillman uh... anyway, I was supposed to uh..."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus christ, did this fuck just wake up. "And I uh... you know, and uh Pillman uh... anyway, I was supposed to uh..."

Horrible interviewee, glad it's not just me who couldn't stand it.

1998 and 1999 for sure, but 2000 has Dudleys/Hardys table match and Cactus vs HHH. 2001 has Jericho/Benoit ladder match and HHH vs Kurt. 2002 has Vince vs Flair and Jericho vs Rock. So at least I know I'll get a few fun things. If the discs work. Much like I giffed all the Flair Flops in 92, I'm going to attempt to gif all the low blows in 2000. I'm pretty sure there were at least 40 low blows that year.

Rock vs Mankind in '99 is definitely memorable, but a lot of what makes it memorable is Rock taking a ton of liberties with Foley and going ham with the chair headshots. Especially when you see Foley's family looking visibly destroyed themselves in Beyond the Mat.

jmdajr

I can't do game or wrasslin podcasts unless it is Stone Cold's or someone I really want to listen to on Art of Wrestling. I know Sunny hates the ads on Austin's, but Colt's ads bother me so much more. Plus, Austin talks to cooler people about bad ass territory stuff quite often, which I find more enjoyable than listening to indie guys talk about wrestling. Or a guy who is clearly a mark for someone from the 80s/90s instead of a colleague.

I love the Stone Cold interviews. Currently listening to him interview Colt Cabana. I don't know, don't really find that guy all that interesting. I will listen to all of it though.

Bruce Prichard interview was awesome. Never knew Houston had so much history in wrestling.

I love the Stone Cold interviews. Currently listening to him interview Colt Cabana. I don't know, don't really find that guy all that interesting. I will listen to all of it though.

Bruce Prichard interview was awesome. Never knew Houston had so much history in wrestling.

"you watch john and kate plus 8, I'm about to stomp a mud hole in your ass"

Speaking of colt haven't wippleman on this weeks AOW

Colt Cabana is coming to my local indy fed next week. Not sure yet if I'll go.

We were kind of spoiled by a couple of shows of amazing Hart Legacy/Next Generation Wrestling which had a phenomenal roster (including Generico's last ever indy match), but then they just immediately dropped off the face of the Earth leaving us with just the old and busted indy we've had since Stampede went under.

somedevil

About the Summerslam buyrate:

While Daniel Bryan isn't being fully blamed for the low WWE SummerSlam buyrate this year, there is a feeling within WWE, among upper management, that if he was a bigger guy then it would have been up.

Does anyone in creative or upper management take blame? If they booked him strong or winning the money in the bank to challenge John Cena would of helped a lot more than Cena just picking him.

Also, Vince trolling him every week probably didn't help attract the casual audience to buy Summerslam.

Top Bottom