• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Golly Brain, he went to cut off The Tornado's hair and accidentally cut off his foot!"

goddammit
jbnnlFE4DB3hDq_e.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Jimmy Hart and Brother Love had total X-Pac heat with me. Fucking hated them and wanted them off whatever show or tape I was watching.

As for heels that were actually awesome, it's hard to beat the triumvirate of DiBiase/Roberts/Savage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

jmdajr

Not a deal breaker, graphics have never been a deal breaker. It's all about the games and what devs work with the limitations they have. Any system can have an incredible game. I won't turn my nose up.

EDIT: Sheeit, you want me to post on gaming-side? Hellllll no

No worries you are safe here.

I just brought up the topic because Dead Rising 3 was getting buried fucking hard.

edit: that gif was pretty god damn funny.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, Virgil was fucking jacked until the steroid trial thing. Then he deflated and kind of stayed that way, but still in pretty great shape even in dying WCW. Just not all SWOLL like he was with Ted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No worries you are safe here.

I just brought up the topic because Dead Rising 3 was getting buried fucking hard.

edit: that gif was pretty god damn funny.

Why? DR has always performed "normal" (720/30fps) on everything besides Wii. Exception for PC.

mrboo001

Banned
Not a deal breaker, graphics have never been a deal breaker. It's all about the games and what devs work with the limitations they have. Any system can have an incredible game. I won't turn my nose up.

EDIT: Sheeit, you want me to post on gaming-side? Hellllll no

As a Nintendo fan, I agree. I'm not buying PS4 or Xbox 1 this year, but if I where to and base it only on the games, Xbox would get my vote. Forza and KI look amazing.

jmdajr

Dead rising games seem fun on paper but the execution seemed lacking

I love Capcom but the original is horrible. Truly top five games for pissing me off. Cheap ass bitch bosses and play mechanics not worth a damn to defeat them.

I think for once this new version might actually have the mechanics to make it fun.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dead rising games seem fun on paper but the execution seemed lacking
The time based agitations seem like a distraction to the shallow hack n' slash formula, while the shallow hack n' slash formula is a distraction until you have to deal with the time based agitations.

Dead rising is just dynasty worriers for America.

"Look at how many dudes we can put on screen" is a cool selling point and all but those games played like shit.

I let it go for the first game because it was 05 and Japan is weird like that but when 2 came out, was western made and still played like like that I lost interest.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the original ran at 60fps, so now this new one is somehow "inferior", especially for next-gen!
Forget about all the upgrades to the environments and effects.

No, no way did the original run at 60. I'd be shocked if it was a solid 30, lots of dips. But yeah the original was nowhere near 60, same with the sequels, which got worse.

Dead rising is just dynasty worriers for America.

"Look at how many dudes we can put on screen" is a cool selling point and all but those games played like shit.

I let it go for the first game because it was 05 and Japan is weird like that but when 2 came out, was western made and still played like like that I lost interest.

Gasp, first Dynasty Warriors is a great game. GREAT. Second, DR2 was amazing and the dev team captured the best parts of DR1 and improved it.

I don't think the DW or DR games are for you :p

If the Xbox One was to be released in our country then I would've bought it just for KI and DR3.

I can attempt to import however I still have my own reservations though about the countries supported even after the 180.

I've got a 55" TV, I don't care about 720p vs. 1080p so much. I saw a 55" 4K TV and I couldn't see "it" (it's time must have been now) even up close much less from couch distance. The TVs have to be very very big before 4K shines. The huge one they have at Best Buy sure looks good. But it's huge, and $5000.

I mention 4K because it's four times the pixels of 1080p. But 1080p is only a little more than twice the pixels of 720p. I'm pretty sure most people don't have a big enough TV to be caring about it. I'd rather have more effects and more geometry at 720p.

60 fps is much more important, maybe not as much for a game like Dead Rising 3 but for a racing game or a shooter.

I'm also doubtful post-launch, a few years down the road, the common household TV will be 67"+ where resolution will actually make a difference, but if so by then the coders will be able to wring more out of the hardware.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've loved the DR series so far. Can't wait for DR3! Going to wait a couple months before I get an xbox one though

So you CAN wait, you sellout. I thought you loved the series - shows how little you love it.

Cmon Sok spend some of that cash I saw you nuzzling up to:
OptbRb5.gif

jmdajr

I wonder what percentage of TV owners have HDTVs now. And of those, who has 720p vs 1080p.

And of those, over 50 inches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF next gen launch roll call

I'm getting PS4

Bone on launch, PS4 when it actually gets a decent game (looks to be Infermis, even then it might not be enough) - PS4's launch is seriously lacking for me.

Sokantish

So you CAN wait, you sellout. I thought you loved the series - shows how little you love it.

Cmon Sok spend some of that cash I saw you nuzzling up to:
OptbRb5.gif

It's not the money I have issues with, all those rumors have me scared about how maybe the one might be rushed out. I went through 5RRODs after getting my 360 at launch. I'm just gonna watch a bit from the launch on this one. You can tell me if its safe

Bone on launch, PS4 when it actually gets a decent game (looks to be Infermis, even then it might not be enough) - PS4's launch is seriously lacking for me.

I definitely agree with you here. The ps4 launch is bad, I don't want any of the games except for madden and since I play Madden with people on NeoGAF they're all switching to ps4 so that's the one I'm getting first

bjork

24" TV forever, I like to sit up close so I like a smaller screen.

I'm not diving into new systems until at least this time next year. Primarily for monetary reasons, but also because I don't want to deal with any new console problems. This has worked for me so far, I've been fairly lucky.

somedevil

Well the Raw quarter breakdowns for the 18-49 males are in for this weeks Raw. Here are the top segments before the big show finally.

Q1: Raw opened above-average with a 2.03 rating for C.M. Punk vs. Luke Harper and one mid-match commercial.

Q2: Raw stayed above-average with a 2.04 rating for Punk-Wyatts post-match activity, one commercial, and non-wrestling segments following up on the open.

The post-match activity peaked with 1.571 million viewers at 8:16 p.m., which was the most-watched portion of the entire show.

Q5: Raw got a top-of-the-hour bump to a 2.04 rating for Orton's "Ravishing Rick Rude" promo, match with Big E. Langston, and one mid-match commercial.

Q9: Raw jumped 16 percent at the top of the hour to a 2.06 rating for the end of the six-man tag, one commercial, and a few minutes of WWE: Law & Order that set up a third hour slide

Now for the end of Raw:

Over-Run: Raw finished with a 2.23 rating for an 11-minute over-run segment concluding WWE: Law & Order.

The over-run could have delivered a better rating, but WWE lost the audience as the over-run went on. The over-run peaked with 1.485 million viewers at 11:01 p.m., was at 1.414 million viewers at 11:05 p.m., dipped below the 1.4-million-mark to 1.399 million viewers at 11:09 p.m., and went off the air with 1.250 million viewers at 11:11 p.m. The over-run was the highest-rated portion of the show, but was below recent over-runs in October.

Basically the most 18-49 male viewers were when Bryan and Punk were in the ring together. Also, the final segment actually was losing viewers as the angle went on. I can understand why.

Also lowest segment:

Q10: Raw fell 16 percent to a show-low 1.74 rating for Curtis Axel vs. Dolph Ziggler, one commercial, and more legal business backstage.

Poor Dolph.

bjork

I saw a blurb about how Dolph has won 100 televised matches, but also lost 100 televised matches, and he's the only guy to do so since they (whoever they is, some site) started tracking in 2006.

Is that good or bad?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not the money I have issues with, all those rumors have me scared about how maybe the one might be rushed out. I went through 5RRODs after getting my 360 at launch. I'm just gonna watch a bit from the launch on this one. You can tell me if its safe

Wanna hear something wild? Still running a launch 360, no problems. :|

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
We should stop talking about gaming before we all get banned. Instead, here is a preview gif from Royal Rumble 1998.

now how can I apply that gif in a topic...oh! I know! Gaf Confessions here I come!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Opposite for me Not into racing or dead rising.

Getting black flag and kill zone

I fucking bought Black Flag for $30 from the Buy/sell/Trade thread for PC, ready to get my next-gen ver since PC is >>>>>>> universe but the fucking thing doesn't come out until the new systems drop! So bummed. I wanted IN, goddammit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Sunny I picked up some Yappa Pi Quest Bars yesterday. Good call, they're amazing but 40 fucking bucks at my local supplements place.

Yeah it's pricey. Box of 12? Apple Pie is great, microwave em for 10 seconds for a bonus ultimate flava. I love Apple Pie. Cinnamon Roll is amazing heated up, too.

Top Bottom