• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Clarence Mason wasn't a black nerd. He was a lawyer, mostly based on Johnny Cochran, with slight Malcom X leanings while in the Nation. Are you saying Malcom X was a NERD?

I wasn't aware that a hayseed from Indiana had such intimate knowledge of the plight of the black nerd in America.

Someone used the Vince/WBF guy GIF to make a ps4 gif.

Good. In all this next gen gif madness I thought the wrasslin gifs where few and far between.

I just got swept up in next gen hype and ordered an Xbox One. They charged my account already, so I can't cancel this time.

I hope those jaggy wires on Ghosts don't ruin my experience.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
So I went to a concert on the 27th of October. It is now November 10th, and I've been sick this entire time. I've missed two days of work in a row for the first time since 2005, and I'm sitting here with cough drops and mucinex doing absolutely nothing.

Give me home remedies, wrasslegaf. what would miz do?

Have sex with Maryse.

So excited to get my PS4 this week. I can't wait to see how good WWE 2K15 looks on the PS4
lol

strobogo

Banned
I wasn't aware that a hayseed from Indiana had such intimate knowledge of the plight of the black nerd in America.

im06lOOrabPc0.gif

Alucard

Banned
Hogan wants to be at Mania 30. In some capacity. In other news, he still only cares about how much he's getting paid.

Hulk Hogan claims to be done with TNA and says he wants to return to WWE for WrestleMania 30 in April 2014.

"I would love to be at WrestleMania 30. I would love to have a ringside seat. But, the truth is I need a job. I quit TNA. I've just been hanging out on the beach," Hogan told ABC6 in Philadelphia at an autograph signing this week. "Never say never."

"I'd like to go back to New York. I mean New Orleans," he said, referring to Mardi Gras. He added that he would like to be in the crowd at WM30 with his new wife, Jennifer, who has never been to a WWE event, "but, it would be really cool to be in the ring," he said.

Asked if he can still wrestle, Hogan repeated his line from an AP interview last month that if it's the "right guy, right venue, and right payday," then he "might Hulk Up."

"I don't think I can wrestle too much anymore, but just being around the business and helping and being part of it is pretty cool," Hogan said.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone used the Vince/WBF guy GIF to make a ps4 gif.

Good. In all this next gen gif madness I thought the wrasslin gifs where few and far between.

Got a link? I need to go there and be upset. Vince McMahon would never back PS4.

So I went to a concert on the 27th of October. It is now November 10th, and I've been sick this entire time. I've missed two days of work in a row for the first time since 2005, and I'm sitting here with cough drops and mucinex doing absolutely nothing.

My mom always give me purple onion with honey and lemon, not sure if it works, but is a local remedy in Mexico.

In memory of Ohno career, hes match versus Regal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkC44Lk5S2w

If I may ask, why the Xbone?

I didn't really have a preference to be honest. It was available and I liked the UI that I saw so far, and the launch games.

Sony's first party output has been hit or miss for me too. Naughty Dog and Quantic Dream are pretty much the only two studios that I think would persuade me to get a PS4. I wasn't crazy about the Uncharted series or Beyond though.

I'm hoping MS does some crazy things with Kinect. I've never used one before, so I'm interested in that.

Well ok, if you think it will work.

I'll have to stop on the way home from today's family gathering, as I have none of those ingredients.

Cut two onions, put it in a recipient and add the honey and the lemon until it covers completely the onions.Drink around 8 tablespoons, 4 in the morning 4 in the night. Not sure if it works but it tastes really good.

We should investigate the musical preferences of the Superstars in the WWE title picture. If it turns out Daniel Bryan likes Alice in Chains, I may start warming up to him.

I wonder what Orton listens to?

I think he likes Killswitch Engage, so melodic death metal.

How anyone can support a champion who willingly listens to The Bouncing Souls and New Found Glory is beyond me. Summer of Pop Punk

We should investigate the musical preferences of the Superstars in the WWE title picture. If it turns out Daniel Bryan likes Alice in Chains, I may start warming up to him.

I wonder what Orton listens to?

Someone elsewhere pointed out that it'd be pretty mad of New Japan to try and headline their first event at the Yokohama Arena in 11 years with Naito, an unproven draw, as champion. I hadn't considered that before. I'm gonna say that either Naito loses to Okada and Okada headlines Yokohama as champion, or Naito beats Okada only to quickly lose to Tanahashi or Nakamura, proven draws, before the May 25th Yokohama show.

Also, Yuji Nagata won the NOAH Global League, defeating Takeshi Morishima in the final with the Exploder of Justice. Nagata will face KENTA for the GHC Heavyweight Title.

Dragonzord said:
How anyone can support a champion who willingly listens to The Bouncing Souls and New Found Glory is beyond me. Summer of Pop Punk

I don't much like them, but Bouncing Souls are pretty awesome live. Also, Punk likes Rocket from the Crypt, so he's cool with me.

strobogo

Banned
I have a hard time understanding people who listen to punk after the age of 20ish. I really don't understand guys still writing punk songs in their 40s and 50s. Middle aged rich white guys are pretty hard to take seriously writing songs about damning the man and full of angst and anger.

I have a hard time understanding people who listen to punk after the age of 20ish. I really don't understand guys still writing punk songs in their 40s and 50s.

Was about to say the same thing. I'm surprised a Brit like Bootaaay actually acknowledges it since in his country the people that made and listen to punk music are pushing 60.

Punk rock lasted, what, 5 years in the UK? And there's still assholes here making that music to this day. Listening to old music is fine but dressing up like a punk? In 2013? Shit is embarrassing.

strobogo said:
I have a hard time understanding people who listen to punk after the age of 20ish.

Why? If I like something, that's all there is too it. Age isn't a determining factor.

I'm sure I'll still be listening to albums like The Offspring's 'Ignition' when I'm 80;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lu1Cyw0H0Mc

Was about to say the same thing. I'm surprised a Brit like Bootaaay actually acknowledges it since in his country the people that made and listen to punk music are pushing 60.

I'd rather listen to American Punk Rock than British Punk, tbh. Ramones > Sex Pistols, etc. At least they had proper grasp upon the concept of melody.

I have a hard time understanding people who listen to punk after the age of 20ish. I really don't understand guys still writing punk songs in their 40s and 50s. Middle aged rich white guys are pretty hard to take seriously writing songs about damning the man and full of angst and anger.

Metal has the same problem but I guess bands like Slayer and Megadeth seem like they are full of horrible people who hate everyone so I guess thats how they keep doing things and making albums every year or two.

Metallca on the other hand seem like well adjusted and happy rich people who enjoy life and as such cant make more then 2 albums a decade because it takes then 5 years to come up with 70 minutes worth of things to make them angry or sad that are not to do with having a private jet or going to the gas station and filling up the Veyron

Since the Packers are making me depressed right now, I decided to do some stupid shit and watch the DOA movie since it's on my computer and I had been meaning to watch it for years..............and then I see this asshole.

nash-hogan.jpg

006DOA_Kevin_Nash_001.jpg

I had no idea. My day is officially ruined.

Rumble 2001 was a bust. Much of the ladder match and all of the Angle/HHH match were too mangled to watch. The Rumble itself that year was pretty boring, even with Kane dominating.

This is disappointing, for one the event is pretty good on the whole so it's a shame the disc was messed and two it's one of the best damn rumbles from that time period, totally not boring! /Kane bias

You did appear to gif the Rock's stare from the corner with Austin so i'll forgive you somewhat, I was saying a few months back how odd it was that we don't have one of the Rocks many many glares in gif form.

Hasney

I've had norovirus all weekend, so no sympathy from me I'm afraid. Just wish it would stop now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why? If I like something, that's all there is too it. Age isn't a determining factor.

I'm sure I'll still be listening to albums like The Offspring's 'Ignition' when I'm 80;

yeah buttttt that's not actually punk

up the punx

ska music fuckin sucks, Mustard Plug can eat a bag of shit.

yeah buttttt that's not actually punk

Regardless, I don't see why growing older would force you to stop listening to something you love. I've got every band I ever gave a shit about on my iPod, right from Queen up to the weird shit I listen to today, and including the embarrassing stuff like Marilyn Manson and Limp Bizkit, lol.

Vince McMahon said:
ska music fuckin sucks

WRONG! Well, OK, you're right for the most part, but I love me some original ska reggae;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EMaK__D0A

And, of course, British 2-tone ska;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z7izlJk84

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Regardless, I don't see why growing older would force you to stop listening to something you love. I've got every band I ever gave a shit about on my iPod, right from Queen up to the weird shit I listen to today, and including the embarrassing stuff like Marilyn Manson and Limp Bizkit, lol.

WRONG! Well, OK, you're right for the most part, but I love me some original ska reggae;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50EMaK__D0A

And, of course, British 2-tone ska;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9Z7izlJk84

I still listen to my old shit. I get REALLY upset when I hear a Crass song on an advertisement, or a goth song from the early 80s in a movie theater. Shit's fucked up!

Ska is absolutely horrible, and I love old reggae. But Ska was always the "fat white kid reggae" and remains so. Harrumph!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Reggae is awful anyways. There's a reason people care more about Marley's ideas than his actual music. I put it up there with metalcore, nu metal, and nerdcore. It's that bad.

strobogo

Banned
This is disappointing, for one the event is pretty good on the whole so it's a shame the disc was messed and two it's one of the best damn rumbles from that time period, totally not boring! /Kane bias

You did appear to gif the Rock's stare from the corner with Austin so i'll forgive you somewhat, I was saying a few months back how odd it was that we don't have one of the Rocks many many glares in gif form.

Rumbles after 1997 all suffer from there being no chance for 27 of the guys in the match. Kane was dominating, but there was no way he was going to win. It had to be Austin or Rock. And that takes a lot away from the match. I wish they'd go for a real underdog or totally out of left field guy to win it for next year's Rumble. A guy who isn't an established main eventer and multiple time champion. Someone like Cesaro or a Shield member. Not a Cena/Punk/Sheamus/ADR/Shoe/D-Bryne group.

There's a quote Bernard Sumner made about Green Day that perfectly sums up my feelings but I can't effing find it.

Green Day is the worst and, of all the things that make me embarrassed to be an American, they are near the top.

Ska is absolutely horrible, and I love old reggae. But Ska was always the "fat white kid reggae" and remains so. Harrumph!

I guess that was the Reel Big Fish influence in the US...over here we had ska a bit earlier, so I don't think it has quite the same connotations for us;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cntvEDbagAw

Dragonzord said:
Reggae is awful anyways. There's a reason people care more about Marley's ideas than his actual music. I put it up there with metalcore, nu metal, and nerdcore. It's that bad.

I don't even know what the fuck that last one is, but no. Just no. And it's pretty ridiculous to say people don't care about Marley's music - he has to be one of the most universally praised artists ever and his back catalogue is absolutely full of classics, both well known and under appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M99nzyiS830

Top Bottom