• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

bjork

Best Kane match was some TLC match from Raw in like 2006 or so. Everyone was really good in it, and I don't even like TLC matches.

Best UT opponent was Diesel, because he got it right the first time, no need for rematches. Diesel hitting powerbombs and getting all cocky, so good.

Did they seriously recolor punk's tattoo for that magazine cover? Also lol @ Dolph even being on that cover. :(

WressleGAF also said that the non WWE MOTY was Roode/Aries and that the greatest Fall From Grace was Jericho.
I was a mere lurker then, I assure you such mistakes will not happen a second time.

Although actually I'm in favor of having of voting in Jericho as biggest FFG for 2013 as well, brah went from having the best RR performance to having mediocre-at-best matches in a terrible feud with Fandango.

I was a mere lurker then, I assure you such mistakes will not happen a second time.

Although actually I'm in favor of having of voting in Jericho as biggest FFG for 2013 as well, brah went from having the best RR performance to having mediocre-at-best matches in a terrible feud with Fandango.

2012 Fall From Grace should have been Ryder. Dood lost the US title, stuck in a shitty feud with Kane, jobbed at WM, and hasn't recovered since.

2013 has got to be Ryback as far as WWE goes.

Ryder fell so hard he couldn't even win a poll on an internet forum. such a shame.

Ryback beat Jericho on a PPV though. Therefore he's doing better I think
can't believe i forgot about Ryback

Also Dolph Ziggler, but at least he won a title. Ryback, lol.

For my money, Ziggler is the only TRUE winner, especially since so much of his fall was self-inflicted. Ryback never won a title, but he also got to main event two PPVs against Cena, whereas Ziggler won his title, got jobbed out, got into a nothing feud with AJ and Big E, and has been downhill ever since Summerslam.

What's odd is that, in retrospect, I actually think Jericho was the problem in that Fandango feud, as Fandango has shown himself lately to be a pretty consistent deliverer of solid matches, whereas Jericho was on a downward slope for pretty much the whole year.

I think basically all of the Shield/Hell No six-mans would make a top 30 WWE matches list.

Shield vs. anyone is already prime three disc compilation material. Workrate-wise, they're the best faction since the original Horsemen.

Is it better than these
NLtmtVn.gif

HyicfdQ.gif

ZcHni6F.gif
Wow - surprised TNA let her work another company's TV taping while she was under contract to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoqZ32Jkqg

Shield vs. anyone is already prime three disc compilation material. Workrate-wise, they're the best faction since the original Horsemen.

Yeah, The Shield are truly great, though I still wanna know why they get jack shit in terms of story and character development. Why did we never get an angle where Triple H promised them something to be his muscle? Why did they never again charge for their brand of "justice"? Why so few promos from a group just begging to get mic time and sketches? How are WWE going to have another DX-like breakout group if they're so afraid of anybody lower than Cena and the main event sucking fan enthusiasm from it that they give nobody else room to try things?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I don't think I'm a Jericho fan any more. I don't want to see him wrestle every again, I don't like Fozzy any more, and I would classify him as anti-comedy from the two episodes of his new web series I forced myself through. He used to be my favourite wrestler too, enough I could let nostalgia blind me to that IC run with Chyna or Stephanie's man servant while Unified Champion. Now? I don't even want a repeat of that surprise Rumble appearance out of fear anything else done beyond that would just further diminish him in my mind.

Ryder I accepted the fact outside of something heavily scripted, on his own, with multiple takes like Long Island Iced Z, he's just not any good and should be the jobber Doink The Clown. Yes he was put in awful segments and that Cena Swirl down the loo hurts everyone, but his inabilities went a long way as well.

Dolph Ziggler had bad breaks, but is really just sabotaging himself, and short of him becoming Duff Man, I've reached a level of acceptance with his fall.

Jericho? I don't want it to get any worse, because I know it can.

Yeah, I had hopes for Jericho after his Rumble appearance, but he really phoned it in in the Fandango feud, which sure as shit didn't help him get over. I'd prefer for him not to come back.

Why did Fandango get to have his in-ring debut against Jericho at WM anyway

bjork

some dirtsheet said:
Earlier in the week, a fan cautioned Axel on being branded as uncharismatic again by Konnan, leading the Raw wrestler to snap back, “Who cares what that piece of crap thinks.”

Respect +1 Hennig

WWE House Show on Tuesday. Looking forward to it, we're 2nd row ringside. We've got a £350 bar tab at a Sports Bar to use too (after the shitty Wrestlemania event they put on). Going to be a good night.

I just had a dream that featured a fortress, a bunch of undead people, The Great Khali, and Shawn Michaels trying to rid himself of his sins

I'm way too tired to type what happened right now and part of me wants to leave that up to your imagination lol. But let me tell you, that dream did not end well lol

I just had a dream that featured a fortress, a bunch of undead people, The Great Khali, and Shawn Michaels trying to rid himself of his sins

I'm way too tired to type what happened right now and part of me wants to leave that up to your imagination lol. But let me tell you, that dream did not end well lol

Must've ended with a Great Khali match, that would wake anyone up in a cold sweat.

DiscoJon

Banned
Wow - surprised TNA let her work another company's TV taping while she was under contract to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btoqZ32Jkqg

Traditional Championship Wrestling?

WTF is "Traditional Championship Wrestling?"

Speaking of indy promotions, "Pro Wrestling Guerrilla" is the dumbest ****ing name I have ever heard for a company. EVER. What the hell is it supposed to mean? Guerrilla Warfare is synonymous with Pro-wrestling?

And oh, the mascot is a gorilla! HOW ****NG CLEVER.

I've drank too much, I'm gonna go lay down.

They probably are boring. Everyone once in a while, they'll let Kane cut loose versus someone special, but at this stage of his career, they want Kane to wrestle a very safe and predictable WWE style of wrestling. At 46 years of age, and the mileage on his body, it's amazing that he can go week after week at this pace.

Yeah. Sometimes I forget just how old Kane is. Amazing that he's kept at it.

bjork

So I went to a concert on the 27th of October. It is now November 10th, and I've been sick this entire time. I've missed two days of work in a row for the first time since 2005, and I'm sitting here with cough drops and mucinex doing absolutely nothing.

Give me home remedies, wrasslegaf. what would miz do?

Ryder fell so hard he couldn't even win a poll on an internet forum. such a shame.

Ryback beat Jericho on a PPV though. Therefore he's doing better I think
can't believe i forgot about Ryback

Also Dolph Ziggler, but at least he won a title. Ryback, lol.

For my money, Ziggler is the only TRUE winner, especially since so much of his fall was self-inflicted. Ryback never won a title, but he also got to main event two PPVs against Cena, whereas Ziggler won his title, got jobbed out, got into a nothing feud with AJ and Big E, and has been downhill ever since Summerslam.

What's odd is that, in retrospect, I actually think Jericho was the problem in that Fandango feud, as Fandango has shown himself lately to be a pretty consistent deliverer of solid matches, whereas Jericho was on a downward slope for pretty much the whole year.

I totally forgot about Ziggler. Good call on that one guys.

Bishi bishi is the sound of something breaking in Japanese. I guess I should post something wrestling related, uh...

t4OnVDP.jpg

Big Show is in the mob?

lol awesome

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Traditional Championship Wrestling?

WTF is "Traditional Championship Wrestling?"

Speaking of indy promotions, "Pro Wrestling Guerrilla" is the dumbest ****ing name I have ever heard for a company. EVER. What the hell is it supposed to mean? Guerrilla Warfare is synonymous with Pro-wrestling?

And oh, the mascot is a gorilla! HOW ****NG CLEVER.

I've drank too much, I'm gonna go lay down.

Did you miss the GWF Heritage Heritage Heritage World Heritage Championship Tag Team Heritage Titles?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The problem with Jericho is that every interview I've seen with him lately has made him seem like such a jackass. He has a very overly inflated sense of self, and he's always talking about how drunk he always is. He wants you to believe that he's such a cool rock star who just parties with all these famous rockers, and it just gets silly.

With Power Struggle in the books, the 1/4 Dome show is finally taking shape. Here's what's confirmed so far:

IWGP Heavyweight Championship: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito (may be turned into a double title match for Naito's NEVER title as well.)

IWGP Intercontinental Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Special Tag Match: Yuji Nagata and Kazushi Sakuraba vs Daniel Gracie and Rolles Gracie

And here's what's rumored:

IWGP Tag Team Championship: Killer Elite Squad (c) vs. Winners of the G1 Tag League (probably TenKoji)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Kota Ibushi (pretty much confirmed after Ibushi beat Devitt in last night's tag match)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Time Splitters (Shelley should be back from injury by then)

Grudge Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto (if Goto is back by then)

Some shmozz tag matches featuring CHAOS, the Bullet Club, and Suzuki Gun.

Bishi bishi is the sound of something breaking in Japanese. I guess I should post something wrestling related, uh...

t4OnVDP.jpg

If that's a Cena helicopter it will pretend it can't take off with the big show in and then take off to the amazement of the world and especially Michael cole who will proclaim this has never been seen before

Cenacopter is serious though

strobogo

Banned
Rumble 2001 was a bust. Much of the ladder match and all of the Angle/HHH match were too mangled to watch. The Rumble itself that year was pretty boring, even with Kane dominating.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The problem with Jericho is that every interview I've seen with him lately has made him seem like such a jackass. He has a very overly inflated sense of self, and he's always talking about how drunk he always is. He wants you to believe that he's such a cool rock star who just parties with all these famous rockers, and it just gets silly.

He's always been like that. I knew Jericho was a dick the moment reports came up about him getting in a fight with Goldberg backstage. Goldberg's like Mark Henry and Kane levels of nice.

strobogo

Banned
Do most party animal rock stars take time every day to do hours of yoga and eat right? And get blindingly white teeth bleachings? He's not that guy. Who is he trying to fool?

And here's what's rumored:

IWGP Tag Team Championship: Killer Elite Squad (c) vs. Winners of the G1 Tag League (probably TenKoji)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Kota Ibushi (pretty much confirmed after Ibushi beat Devitt in last night's tag match)

IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: The Young Bucks (c) vs. The Time Splitters (Shelley should be back from injury by then)

Grudge Match: Katsuyori Shibata vs. Hirooki Goto (if Goto is back by then)

Some shmozz tag matches featuring CHAOS, the Bullet Club, and Suzuki Gun.

I'd be fine with KES vs TenKoji, as long as it's the last time. Feel like I've seen a half dozen matches between those two teams. Bucks vs Time Splitters would be an awesome match, but TAKA and Taichi have a rematch coming to them - unless they do that match before WK8, I could see them doing a 4-way Bucks vs Suzuki-gun vs Hooligans vs Time Splitters match at the Tokyo Dome. Goto's pretty much a lock to face Shibata. I'd also expect some Daichi Hashimoto involvement somewhere, and maybe Mutoh and a W-1 contingent.

IMO, the black nerd is the worst archtype.

Especially considering my brother is one and I used to be one to some extent. Basically, you get white people who give you no love because they think that you are acting "white." Which pissed me off. Then (most) black people want nothing to do with you because you are not one of them. It might be because I am from TN, but I just think that is silly, any Neogaffers feel me?

strobogo

Banned
Clarence Mason wasn't a black nerd. He was a lawyer, mostly based on Johnny Cochran, with slight Malcom X leanings while in the Nation. Are you saying Malcom X was a NERD?

Top Bottom