• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He had the second shortest run that year, the shortest in 2000, and second shortest in 2001. But I take issue with you shitting on his spinebuster. He murdered guys with that. Have you ever seen the time he did it to Rhyno? It was among the stiffest slams of any kind I've ever seen in any promotion.

Well i'm speaking specifically of that one spinebuster in the rumble that he does to Austin, clearly after three rumbles of disappointing booking he just wanted to get in and out as quick as possible, if anything it sticks out because usually the spinebuster is pretty damn impactful.
Gotta say, I can't recall this Rhyno one you speak of though I am intrigued, anything post 2001 regarding Farooq for me is just a haze of clubbing blows and toe kicks.

strobogo

Banned
You just saw a RR in which Kane lifted the over 500 pound Big Show, and carried him a few steps, and threw him over the top rope.

Kane is also the guy Lesnar called the strongest guy in the WWE. According to Lesnar, "Trying to slam his arm down was like trying to push over a tree with one arm."

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/11/10/1806823/brock-lesnar-reminisces-of-favorite-wwe-moments

It was more of a hold and walk and not really a slam since they were both so tall that they were already over the ropes. Face it, Korporate Kiss Ass Kane is a life long liar.

Well i'm speaking specifically of that one spinebuster in the rumble that he does to Austin, clearly after three rumbles of disappointing booking he just wanted to get in and out as quick as possible, if anything it sticks out because usually the spinebuster is pretty damn impactful.
Gotta say, I can't recall this Rhyno one you speak of though I am intrigued, anything post 2001 regarding Farooq for me is just a haze of clubbing blows and toe kicks.

I think it was because he was doing it to Austin and Austin took all similar moves in a weird way like that. See all the times he was chokeslammed by Taker, Kane, or Big Shoe. Instead of jumping up, he jumps back and out.

Regardless, I don't see why growing older would force you to stop listening to something you love. I've got every band I ever gave a shit about on my iPod, right from Queen up to the weird shit I listen to today, and including the embarrassing stuff like Marilyn Manson and Limp Bizkit, lol.

I think the point would be that listening to something regularly, at an older age, whose primary appeal lies more in the way it elicits the emotions of youth than in being particularly pleasurable or well-wrought, on its own terms, might strike some as odd.

I don't think it really matters, as most don't listen to music for music's own sake but for the emotional buzz it can give, regardless of the reason, but I get the arguments of both sides.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It was more of a hold and walk and not really a slam since they were both so tall that they were already over the ropes. Face it, Korporate Kiss Ass Kane is a life long liar.

I think it was because he was doing it to Austin and Austin took all similar moves in a weird way like that. See all the times he was chokeslammed by Taker, Kane, or Big Shoe. Instead of jumping up, he jumps back and out.
I never said it was a slam. Slams are easy to do. Sting once bodyslammed Big Show. What Kane did was hold Show up, carry him, then drop him over the top rope. That's much harder to do.

I miss seeing wrestlers on random shitty shows.

Pacific Blue
tumblr_lroesx9MPM1qis6pso6_1280.jpg

V.I.P. (I got hype as fuck when I saw Stone Cold on this shit.) Why is he wearing his own shirt?

tumblr_lruc6sMevc1qis6pso10_1280.jpg

La Femme Nikita
tumblr_lrw1aeN3J01qis6pso9_1280.jpg

Poltergeist: The Legacy
tumblr_lrqrvq8PTs1qis6pso3_1280.jpg

There's more here, but too bad a lot of the pictures aren't up anymore.
http://wrestlersinhollywood.tumblr.com/page/61

strobogo

Banned
TIP is awful. So bad it's bad territory. So bad that someone like me would do reviews on them.

I'm not doing review for Thunder in Paradise. RVD on The X-Files was really weird to me since it wasn't like RVD was a well known wrestler or anything. That episode was probably the worst one of the whole series to me.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Never seen that Nash and Goldberg shit, but I do remember seeing Stone Cold on Chuck. I was just randomly flipping channels when I saw it too.

I've wanted to watch this for a long time, I need to find it
I remember there being one wrestler on an episode of Renegade, but I can't remember which one.

Plus, that episode of Charmed that also guest starred Ron Perlman.

gurudyne

Only ones I remember (except for SCSA on Chuck and Hulk Hogan selling in the worst way out for each of his shit 80s films) is Mankind. Once in Boy Meets World

tumblr_lmtpme1BK31qis6pso1_1280.jpg

and Mankind in a short-lived SciFi show called GvsE where he was a wrestler who helped redeem someone who sold their soul to Satan to be good at wrestling. So many commercials on RAW/Smackdown for those episodes.

I didn't know Mankind was on Boy Meets World. I only really remember Vader, but that's because he was on more than once. The episode where Cory and Shawn had to go back and forth between his match and Topanga's sweet 16 is one of the best.

TIP is awful. So bad it's bad territory. So bad that someone like me would do reviews on them.

I'm not doing review for Thunder in Paradise.

Good, it's not worth it. The boat was sweet, though.
PYHLftF.jpg

I mean, I don't know anything about boats. But it was the kind of boat that makes me want to know stuff about boats.

RVD on The X-Files was really weird to me since it wasn't like RVD was a well known wrestler or anything. That episode was probably the worst one of the whole series to me.

It was arguably the worst doppelganger story ever aired on television. Like they thought writing an episode about a black cat wasn't edgy enough, so they just threw in Kathy Griffin and called it a day. RVD being relatively unknown back then was a blessing in disguise, since he probably won't have that appearance thrown back in his face anytime soon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It'd be alright to see Stro hit Season 1 of the original Tough Enough, no?

I found out today my seats for raw aren't together - I mentioned this on the ever shite wrestlingforum which I often go on to see other folks views on PCW shows

Apparently the fact I would rather sit with my mate means I need to get a girlfriend and start living life

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/1012361-manchester-raw-november-11th-5.html#post26222921

So I ask you this - which of you cunts (in urn friendly English way not the harsh American way) is crazybeats?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I found out today my seats for raw aren't together - I mentioned this on the ever shite wrestlingforum which I often go on to see other folks views on PCW shows

Apparently the fact I would rather sit with my mate means I need to get a girlfriend and start living life

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/1012361-manchester-raw-november-11th-5.html#post26222921

So I ask you this - which of you cunts is crazybeats?
So you're complaining about the location of FREE TICKETS?!

Come on, son.

I got tickets off a mate who won them on Shopto but couldn't attend

I'm not complaining more moaning really

I like moaning its what I'm best at and I'd rather swap for the worst seats in the house if it means sitting together as wrestling is more fun in company

Edit I do appreciate that I seem like an ungrateful armadillo but it just amused me how quick this guy was to jump on it

I like The Rock's spinebuster, but that's just because Rock looks so goofy doing anything. He's such a big guy but he just moves around silly. It works for him though. I also kinda like when Ambrose does a spinebuster, but that could be because I don't see it often, so I get giddy whenever I do.

The thread I just made got locked. I'm a little salty about it. I searched before I made that damn thread.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like The Rock's spinebuster, but that's just because Rock looks so goofy doing anything. He's such a big guy but he just moves around silly. It works for him though. I also kinda like when Ambrose does a spinebuster, but that could be because I don't see it often, so I get giddy whenever I do.

The thread I just made got locked. I'm a little salty about it. I searched before I made that damn thread.

What did you make? Moderation up in here is off the tank weird.

Also I enjoyed Batista's Spinebuster for obvious reasons, but the little kick he'd do before hitting the mat was the best part.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Splinter Cell Blacklist is MUCH better than I expected. Feels like the old games.

What did you make? Moderation up in here is off the tank weird.

Also I enjoyed Batista's Spinebuster for obvious reasons, but the little kick he'd do before hitting the mat was the best part.

It was about the most memorable game this gen. I figured there would be a billion threads about it, but I didn't see any, unless they get deleted. And I was harping on the memorable part because I didn't necessarily want to know peoples favorites or what they thought was best. Asura's Wrath is nowhere near my favorite game this gen but it is probably the most memorable game I've played in a long long time.

EDIT: Here's the thread. Meh...whatever. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712771

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It was about the most memorable game this gen. I figured there would be a billion threads about it, but I didn't see any, unless they get deleted. And I was harping on the memorable part because I didn't necessarily want to know peoples favorites or what they thought was best. Asura's Wrath is nowhere near my favorite game this gen but it is probably the most memorable game I've played in a long long time.

EDIT: Here's the thread. Meh...whatever. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=712771

At least Shitbot mentioned why it's closed, so there's that.

Top Bottom