• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Alucard

Banned
Really hope that Impact gets a better rating this coming week. It deserves it after this past week's show. The more I think about it, the more I think it was the best TV wrestling show that I have seen this year.

AA almost broke the streak!

tumblr_mka995r9Ym1s6cjavo1_250.gif

AA made that move deadly...These new cats gotta go back and look at the footage of this...

I'd be fine with KES vs TenKoji, as long as it's the last time. Feel like I've seen a half dozen matches between those two teams. Bucks vs Time Splitters would be an awesome match, but TAKA and Taichi have a rematch coming to them - unless they do that match before WK8, I could see them doing a 4-way Bucks vs Suzuki-gun vs Hooligans vs Time Splitters match at the Tokyo Dome. Goto's pretty much a lock to face Shibata. I'd also expect some Daichi Hashimoto involvement somewhere, and maybe Mutoh and a W-1 contingent.

I agree with you about TenKoji, but they're really the only team NJPW has built as any sort of a threat against KES. I guess they could give the shot to GBH and finally give Makabe and Honma some semblance of a decent push instead of Makabe's yearly title shot, but they'll probably do something dumb and stick them against Suzuki and Shelton Benjamin or Tanaka and Yujiro or something.

I figured that Taka and Taichi would probably get a rematch before the show, likely on one of their own promoted shows, against the Young Bucks in their V1 defense, but I would love to see them face the Time Splitters. The Gen Me/MCMG matches were some of the best in TNA history, and I like KUSHIDA better than Sabin, so there's that.

I also agree with the Daichi Hashimoto involvement. Maybe have the match they were going to do last year, with Tenkoji vs. Hashimoto and Mutoh? If then, have GBH face KES.

My only hope is that they give Ishii a singles match instead of throwing him in some sort of CHAOS tag match. He really came into his own this year and has become one of my favorites instead of just being the group's Buddy Roberts/Virgil/Guy that eats the pinfall.

somedevil

Really hope that Impact gets a better rating this coming week. It deserves it after this past week's show. The more I think about it, the more I think it was the best TV wrestling show that I have seen this year.

I know its your opinion but man I doubt it. I bet WWE and ROH have put out multiple Raws this year better than this Thursday Impact.

Alucard

Banned
I know its your opinion but man I doubt it. I bet WWE and ROH have put out multiple Raws this year better than this Thursday Impact.

Raw always has filler. Always. It's a 3-hour show and is just exhausting on most nights. Not kidding when I say this was the most complete free tv wrestling package I've seen this year.

-MEM disband
-Roode and Angle carry the show
-Gail Kim calls out the whole division and welcomes all challengers from outside TNA
-Aces and Eights with a legitimately surprising swerve
-Good comedy from Daniels, Kaz, Park, and EY
-Dixie showing backstage frustration with AJ wrestling in Mexico
-EC3 continues his "streak"
-Hardy and Sabin with a solid hardcover match on free tv

It was a really hot and well-paced show IMO.

G-Fex

Raw always has filler. Always. It's a 3-hour show and is just exhausting on most nights. Not kidding when I say this was the most complete free tv wrestling package I've seen this year.

-MEM disband
-Roode and Angle carry the show
-Gail Kim calls out the whole division and welcomes all challengers from outside TNA
-Aces and Eights with a legitimately surprising swerve
-Good comedy from Daniels, Kaz, Park, and EY
-Dixie showing backstage frustration with AJ wrestling in Mexico
-EC3 continues his "streak"
-Hardy and Sabin with a solid hardcover match on free tv

It was a really hot and well-paced show IMO.

time to jump aboard the TNA Train.

later goofers

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
WWE 2K14 is such a weird/bad (mainly bad) game. Goldberg/Lesnar was one of the worst WM matches I've ever seen and they put it in there, they actually put a lot of time and effort into the main event involving Miz, more so than most of the other stuff (and for you Miz haters theres a part where you play as the Rock and can give him a Rock Bottom an infinite amount of times) and the game really goes out of its way to remind you how shitty Hogan was. Triple H is a pretty close runner up

Also totally bummed that Sheamus/Bryan wasn't in WM mode. The load times would have been longer than the actual match.

strobogo

Banned
WWE 2K14 is such a weird/bad (mainly bad) game. Goldberg/Lesnar was one of the worst WM matches I've ever seen and they put it in there, they actually put a lot of time and effort into the main event involving Miz, more so than most of the other stuff (and for you Miz haters theres a part where you play as the Rock and can give him a Rock Bottom an infinite amount of times) and the game really goes out of its way to remind you how shitty Hogan was. Triple H is a pretty close runner up

Also totally bummed that Sheamus/Bryan wasn't in WM mode. The load times would have been longer than the actual match.

I can't believe they left out Warrior/Savage, but had Bork/Goldberg, Andre/Studd (they should have gone in with Mr. T and Piper for WM 1 and WM2)

Sephzilla

What makes me shake my head is how lazily some of the arenas are done. Like the WM8 entrance is laughably short compared to what it was for real. And they even halfassed some of the newer WM arenas that they already have assets for (see: WM25's arena).

gurudyne

SS is fourth though it's been a huge disappointment recently.

This year's SS was damn good. Three WWE MOTY candidates when it aired, but I think Del Rio/Christian may have slipped down the card ever since Goldust came back.

And fourth after what? Wrestlemania and RR are top two, then after that the only ones left with any prestige are MitB (if you assume it's a modern-day KotR) and maybe Elimination Chamber. Neither of those really rank as high as SS in prestige.

If you mean Survivor Series, no. The PPV's a joke--its titular match hasn't been meaningful in a long time and it's treated like a B PPV. Last SSeries to feature its eponymous match as a main event was eight years ago. They even talked about killing the SSeries brand off entirely in 2010. Not sure why they didn't, unless they realized they couldn't come up with a better name for a PPV.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This year's SS was damn good. Three WWE MOTY candidates when it aired, but I think Del Rio/Christian may have slipped down the card ever since Goldust came back.

And fourth after what? Wrestlemania and RR are top two, then after that the only ones left with any prestige are MitB (if you assume it's a modern-day KotR) and maybe Elimination Chamber. Neither of those really rank as high as SS in prestige.

If you mean Survivor Series, no. The PPV's a joke--its titular match hasn't been meaningful in a long time and it's treated like a B PPV. Last SSeries to feature its eponymous match as a main event was eight years ago. They even talked about killing the SSeries brand off entirely in 2010. Not sure why they didn't, unless they realized they couldn't come up with a better name for a PPV.

Summer Slam is number two or three, some years ahead of the Rumble, some behind.

SS is a great brand but a bad match. They should probably end the Elimination Chamber PPV and put in in Survivor Series.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Buff Bagwell is a hilarious man.

“It was a gigantic deal, they could’ve made me the next biggest babyface in the world, dude, I had 50,000 letters sent to me in the hospital, I had Desert Storm guys would touch my picture before they went out to battle…I was over, big time…they could’ve made me the next biggest superstar, instead they turned me heel and the people didn’t like it, it burned them. My parents were physically upset about it…I knew what they were doing was wrong, but …they pay my bills, I can’t tell Eric, ‘hey, Eric, I’m not gonna do that,’ but it was Eric’s idea and he wanted to turn me heel and basically it took a crap on 50,000 people that were praying for me.”

More gems of delusions from some show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvJex7qtwCk

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They put Goldberg/Bork in there simply because they had to justify putting Goldberg in the game.

Also lol do you remember what the dual main event of WMXX was?
Yeah, neither of those is happening.

Top Bottom