• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

Jamie OD

They put Goldberg/Bork in there simply because they had to justify putting Goldberg in the game.

Also lol do you remember what the dual main event of WMXX was?

Yeah, neither of those is happening.

It's kind of weird that we have a lost generation of wrestling matches because a lot of wrestlers from that time left WWE on bad terms. Or killed their family.

Hasney

They put Goldberg/Bork in there simply because they had to justify putting Goldberg in the game.

Also lol do you remember what the dual main event of WMXX was?

Yeah, neither of those is happening.

Still could have had Evolution V Rock N Sock or another version of Undertaker V Kate instead.

Still, doesn't really matter what matches they throw in there when it Co tinges to play like it does.

Legit jealous. I'd pay good money to see Rockin' Rebel wrassle live.

ifuRIMo9HCSmA.gif

What a mullet.

Who's that woman hanging on him?

Loved Ariane being even more batshit crazy than usual, Vinny dancing, and all of the goofy bullshit with Cena's injury and NO ONE KNOWING ABOUT IT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. Also this.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm gonna exclusively watch Total Divas as far as main WWE is concerned. In Total Divas universe, Daniel Bryan became WWE champion by beating John Cena and... Then, well nothing. He's WWE Champion now. Yay D-Bry!

DominoKid

Total Divas had me dying laughing tonight. It's like they evaluated the first run and decided to make it even more scripted for the second run.

Vinny is living the dream.

I'm gonna exclusively watch Total Divas as far as main WWE is concerned. In Total Divas universe, Daniel Bryan became WWE champion by beating John Cena and... Then, well nothing. He's WWE Champion now. Yay D-Bry!

i love how they acted like that shit just did not happen.

The Wrestle Kingdom 8 site is live;

http://wrestlekingdom.jp/

BYxfY1bCIAAAiey.jpg

They've also confirmed it will be a 4-way match for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles;

The Young Bucks (c) vs Time Splitters vs Forever Hooligans vs TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

Also, updated PWG All Star Weekend 10 cards, featuring Chris Hero;

Night 1 - 12/20/13

• RockNES Monsters vs Joey Ryan & Candice LeRae
  • Anthony Nese vs Brian Cage
  • Drake Younger vs Tommaso Ciampa
  • ACH vs Michael Elgin
  • Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards (Dojo Bros) vs Chuck Taylor & Trent? (Best Friends)
  • Davey Richards vs Johnny Gargano
  • The Young Bucks & Kevin Steen vs. Ricochet, Rich Swann & AR Fox
  • PWG World Title Match: Adam Cole vs Chris Hero

Night 2 - 12/21/13

• RockNES Monsters vs. B-Boy & Willie Mack vs Peter Avalon & Ray Rosas
  • Chuck Taylor & Trent? (Best Friends) vs Michael Elgin & Brian Cage (Unbreakable F'n Machines)
  • Anthony Nese vs Tommaso Ciampa
  • Ricochet vs Davey Richards
  • Roderick Strong & Eddie Edwards (Dojo Bros) vs AR Fox & Rich Swann
  • Young Bucks & Kevin Steen vs Drake Younger, Candice LeRae & Joey Ryan
  • ACH vs Loser of Night 1 match between Adam Cole and Chris Hero
  • PWG World Title Match: Johnny Gargano vs Winner of Night 1 match between Adam Cole and Chris Hero

Hero vs Cole and either Hero vs ACH or Hero vs Gargano. Nice. Mount Rushmore vs Drake, Joey & Candice should be great as well. Also, really looking forward to Ricochet vs Davey and Drake vs Ciampa.

Who's that woman hanging on him?

Tigra, an ECW valet and occasional wrestler from '92-'93;

icO7obrRzYahx.png

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, Michael Elgin in a local TV ad for mobile phone repairs;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cblel7avEF4

"Hey, aren't you that world famous wrestler?"

"Yeah, I'm Unbreakable...too bad this phone isn't."

Such charisma, wow, so Unbreakable, much world famous, very, very, very breaky, breaky, breaky, BISHIII BISHIIII!!!!!

*edit, New Japan have a poll up on the TV Asahi website where they want fans to vote whether Okada vs Naito or Nakamura vs Tanahashi is the main event;

http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/wrestling/pc/info/131111/index.html

Strange, I think everyone assumed the Heavyweight Title would be on last, but perhaps New Japan are reconsidering given the tepid reactions Naito's received.

mouserat

Neo Member
sup guys. I was hating on wrasslin' for a few weeks, but I went to a live show over the weekend and made this writeup. here it is if you want to read it.

8/11 House Show Report from Glasgow, Scotland

I read some negative reviews of this show, but it was a first time WWE live experience for me so I guess in my excitement I forgot to be cynical. This is a second show they added because the first sold out STUPID fast, presumably since it was the only Scottish show and we just love fighting so much. Our seats were third row on what would be camera side for RAW so we got a really great view. Arena was 70-80% full, some of the bleachers were empty, and I was a little worried about average audience age, thankfully me and my girlfriend were seated behind a group of six guys in their 20s who were there to have a good time and we got a lot of interaction with the wrestlers (sorry, Superstars) as a result.

After the mandatory opening announcement which I think informed us that the WWE legally owns our souls, Tony Chimmel came out to no pop and introduced Paul Heyman. Heyman laboured down to the ring on a crutch in a neck brace and back brace, and with large cast on his leg. Standard Heyman heel promo, got some cheap heat misprouncing Glasgow and letting us know that people in Europe had told him it was a 'Godless city'. This got a sizeable pop since people had come from all over Scotland for the show, and we have a lot of healthy (mainly football based) intercity rivalries. Heyman told the crowd he blames us as much as he blames CM Punk for his injuries. Out comes Punk to a big pop and sporadic chanting. He teased entering the ring for a lonnnnng time - a weird amount of time - a deliberate amount of time almost - perhaps a length of time that might be suitable for stretching out a skit to cover up a distinct lack of available talent on a last minute show even... Anyway, eventually he had an off mic exchange, apologised to the crowd and left. Heyman laughed and gloated behind his back. Punk then ran back down, produced a Singapore Cane, and proceeded to beat the everliving hell out of Heyman's protective back brace, although he did mistime a swing and crack Heyman right across his ass. A load of 'Yes!' chants here. After this was over we had referees to check on Heyman, at which point Punk ran back and smacked Heyman a few more times for good luck. This was actually more of a beating than Punk gave Heyman at Hell in the Cell, which seems utterly ass-backwards to me, but I guess maybe they were trying to make amends for that weak blowoff.

1) The Prime Time Players over Hunico and Camacho. PTP were over, pockets of fans (me) doing the Millions of Dollars dance and barking at Titus. Pretty solid ~10 minute match, although Darren Young and Camacho botched a clothesline over the top rope bump, something that happens SO often in the WWE. Heat was on Darren Young, Titus got the hot tag and clean win with the Clash of the Titus.

2) The Great Khali over Jinder Mahal. This was, predictably, horrible. Crowd was MAD when the 3MB theme played and Drew McIntyre didn't come out, big heat for Jinder's entrance and sporadic 'we want Drew' chants. Match had no adult heat, but (inexplicably) small kids LOVE Khali. Khali used the Khali chop as his filler offense, but also as his finisher. Jinder caught Khali in the mouth with a stiff HHH jumping knee at one point, Khali looked legit mad and his chops got a lot stiffer and frequent from that point. Jinder dominated Khali with rudimentary leg offense, chop blocks and elbow drops for about 6 minutes at which point Khali completely missed his chop and pinned him for the three count. This dude's legs DO NOT WORK, he looks a lot worse in person, from the knee down his legs are at like a 30 degree angle from where they should be. He looks extremely laboured and it's only a matter of time before one of his knees explodes. Given that he doesn't draw and isn't believable AT ALL as a monster, I cannot understand the WWE's persistence with him. Get some major surgery on his legs and give him some goofy backstage role, but keep him out of the ring!

3) Brie Bella over AJ Lee. Match was announced as a Diva's title match but AJ took the mic and refused to defend her belt, resigning her to inevitable defeat. Tamina looked shoot angry at 'Chyna' calls from the crowd. Tamina as a badass 'bodyguard' is undermined pretty horribly here by the presence of the female WWE security at ringside who is bigger and far more intimidating when she's not even playing a character. Nikki Bella wore her baseball hat and, just like on every TV show, it fell over during their backflip ring enterance. This was a really solid Diva's match, they locked up for some mat wrestling at the start and it occurs to me that Brie must have some kind of stagefright when it comes to televised matches, because in person she can dropkick cleanly and at the correct height. They kept this simple, crisp and fun. There were some shenanigans between Nikki and Tamina, Brie won clean with the X-Factor. Very little heat, I think a lot of people left to buy hotdogs and beer, which is a shame because this was actually one of the better wrestling matches on the show.

Chimmel announced a fan vote for the next match: 2/3 falls versus Streetfight, the latter winning by a landslide. I get that the 'universe' is part of their brand or whatever, but can they not drop it for house shows? It sounds SO contrived in a small arena.

4) Curtis Axel over R-Truth in a Streetfight. R-Truth got a really great crowd reaction, milked the 'what's up' throughout the match to a consistently strong response. Although he came out to complete apathy, by the end of the match Axel might have been the most over heel of the night, contrary to his usual reaction. A lot of crowd interaction early on, Curtis Axel threw a world-class tantrum at one point, really great old school heel behaviour. No Perfectplex, Truth stopped the match midway to dance but otherwise match was really solid and well paced, Axel worked Truth with a chair, but Truth laid him out and got the table to a big pop. After teasing it for a while Axel took a weird table bump in the corner, I think it was a back body drop or a hiptoss. He recovered quickly and pinned Truth clean with his dumb Hangman's Facebuster thing.

I went to buy a shirt during the intermission but I guess most of the merch was in Belgium because the bootleggers outside the venue had a better selection.

5) Usos over Drew McIntyre and Heath Slater. Two 3MB matches in one show? What a treat... Big big pop for Drew, 'Mc-In-tyre' chans, and he even posed with some Scottish flags from the crowd on his way to the ring in case anyone couldn't tell his nationality from his pasty skin, rosy cheeks and obnoxious accent. Heath Slater seemed to find the reaction hilarious. Usos were out next, it sounded like they accidentally played the beginning of Golddust's theme at the beginning which confused and disappointed a lot of people. Usos came out as faces and were treated as such, but when the match started they sold the boos by looking angry and disappointed, and began to work as heels. This didn't really work because the kids in the crowd really, really loved the Usos, so just kept cheering for them as they isolated Slater with heel stuff in the corner. 'We want Drew' chants again, as he hyped the crowd from the apron. Drew got the hot tag, Jimmy or Jey went outside with Slater and Jimmy or Jey schoolboyed Drew for the win. After the match McIntyre saluted the crowd and promised to 'see us on Sauchiehall Street'. Apparently he was in Kushion later in the night, which is indeed a skeezy nightclub just off Sauchiehall Street, so he made good on that promise. 3MB milked their exit and Drew posed with the flags some more. I don't know that the Usos are used to working as heels, neither team were able to use their typical offense as a result which I thought hurt the quality a little, but the match was solid enough at around 10 minutes.

6) Ryback over Justin Gabriel. Wrestling wise this was actually a good match, I'd even posit that it was better than the CM Punk/Ryback matches in its simplicity. Pre-match Ryback ripped up kids signs, bullied Chimmel and cut a promo where he actually mentioned those weird slogans on his singlet: 'big guy, big traps' etc. This wasn't the typical monster squash, the match ran about fifteen minutes and was really solid with no botches from Ryback, and Gabriel getting more offense than I expected, they actually sold it like he had a 50/50 chance of winning. I'm assuming this is a match these guys had endlessly in developmental because it was really fluid. 'Goldberg' chants throughout from sections of the crowd, Ryback responded by copying some of his hypeup mannerisms and hit LONG hanging Jackhammer for a two-count. Ryback hit the Meathook and put Gabriel up for the Shellshocked, but Gabriel wriggled out and teased a 450 splash. Ryback crotched him on the top rope and hit the Shellshocked after all for the clean win. Ryback was blown up after about the first minute but he maintained pretty well throughout. After the match, Gabriel got his music played and bravely limped to the back like Triple H does after every loss. And, just like when Triple H does it, no-one cared.

Main event time!

7) CM Punk and Daniel Bryan over Luke Harper and Eric Rowan w/Bray Wyatt. CM Punk was billed and treated as the star on this show but Daniel Bryan was honestly much more over than Punk, not just the 'Yes!' chant. Match went about 15 minutes and was really good as expected. There was a spot where Rowan went for either a Leg Drop or a Senton and Bryan was supposed to move, but they botched it and Rowan clobbered D-Bry with his leg. Bryan wrestled in his shoulder brace from RAW and got his hype spots in early on, the backflip/running Lariat combo. Luke Harper is fucking AWESOME, at one point he hit an Eddie Guerroro style Hilo. Lots of appreciation for the 'yeah yeeeah yeeeah' from the crowd. Heat was on Bryan for a while, Punk came in to clean house. He teased the Macho Man elbow but instead hit a Plancha onto Bray Wyatt on the outside. He pulled Bray into the ring and got him up for the GTS, but was interrupted by Harper and Rowan. Busaiku Knee on Rowan, GTS on Harper and clean win for the babyfaces. Bryan seemed quite subdued and there wasn't much (if any) interaction between him and Punk. Bryan and the Wyatts left pretty quickly and CM Punk hung around ringside to touch hands and sign autographs. No promo or skit after the match.

Honestly I wasn't really mad about the larger stars being in Belgium, the main event was billed as Punk vs. Ryback and Heyman, and we were surprised by the Wyatt/Punk and Bryan main event, so I have no complaints. It might have been good of the WWE to give us Golddust and Cody Rhodes, but I had a good time anyway. Pleasantly surprised by the Ryback and Divas match, psyched to see the Prime Time Players because I think they're awesome. I'll definitely be at the next WWE Glasgow show.

bjork

It sounds like you had a good time, and that's the important thing. It's cool to see guys break character and have some fun at house shows, or work heel when they're a face on TV or whatever.

Aiii

So not worth it
Last time I went to the Brussels house show the crowd was fucking horrible. Aside from being half french (They actually call Justin Gabriel "Justine", so there's that), they were silent as all fuck, so I won't go there anymore.

Shame WWE didn't come to Netherlands this tour, now that was a hot crowd, hopefully they're back in April.

Yo, I hate to be this guy but I'm saying this now just in case something legit comes of it

If this rumor I heard on Saturday is true I'm just gonna light my head on fire and jump out of a window :mad:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
House shows are dope. Glad yours was super-dope!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man those scalpers are going buck-wild in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, it bums me out. As much as I'd like to think of GAF as a community as a whole, it's really too big for that.

Man those scalpers are going buck-wild in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread, it bums me out. As much as I'd like to think of GAF as a community as a whole, it's really too big for that.

Nobody should buy those. I've traded shit since 2005 and done hundreds of trades. Doimg it for a damn preorder is insane and far too risky.

And you can probably find one at launch if shipment numbers are correct

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is like gibberish, explain.

People in buy/sell/trade thread selling their preorders at a markup. It's just a shame. I always thought there was a default level of respect all across GAF to other gaffers but it's reserved for smaller communities, I wager.

They read like bad eBay listings. LOOKING FOR $565 FOR MY PS4 PREORDER, SHIPPED STRAIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. I FORGOT I PREORDERED AND I FIGURED I WOULD CHECK HERE BEFORE CANCELING. My ass.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh, now your post makes alot more sense.

It's not surprising though. Albeit a bit silly for anyone to even consider buying a preorder when there's still a good chance you can walk into a store and get one for normal price. And if not, you can still get a marked up physical copy afterwards (which is also weird, because it's not like either system has definite must-have titles you can't wait a few weeks on).

But oh well, to each their own.

Yo, I hate to be this guy but I'm saying this now just in case something legit comes of it

If this rumor I heard on Saturday is true I'm just gonna light my head on fire and jump out of a window :mad:

That's more like a prophecy than a rumor. If you don't want it to come true, go somewhere without a window.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, now your post makes alot more sense.

It's not surprising though. Albeit a bit silly for anyone to even consider buying a preorder when there's still a good chance you can walk into a store and get one for normal price. And if not, you can still get a marked up physical copy afterwards (which is also weird, because it's not like either system has definite must-have titles you can't wait a few weeks on).

But oh well, to each their own.

People get caught up in bullshit. Luckily, I don't think too many of these systems are selling. Reminds me of when people were trying to mark up the PS3 on release but nobody wanted the goddamn thing.

Drove by a sign that said "PS3s for sale, holiday gift" so I called just to be an ass, and said to the dude

"Hey so you're selling PS3s right? For under $599 right?"
"Uh...no...for $900"
"$900? Is that what they cost in the store?"
"No, it's in high demand..."
"Brah I'm here at Best Buy looking at a pyramid of them for $599, I thought maybe you were selling them cheaper than that or you wouldn't have made a sign."
"...thank you" *click*

45 minutes later I got a call from the dude, didn't pick up as I was busy, but he left a message saying that I was ruining his Christmas. Fuck that dude, hoh hoh hoh

bjork

People in buy/sell/trade thread selling their preorders at a markup. It's just a shame. I always thought there was a default level of respect all across GAF to other gaffers but it's reserved for smaller communities, I wager.

They read like bad eBay listings. LOOKING FOR $565 FOR MY PS4 PREORDER, SHIPPED STRAIGHT TO YOUR DOOR. I FORGOT I PREORDERED AND I FIGURED I WOULD CHECK HERE BEFORE CANCELING. My ass.

Outside of console launches, people are pretty good about being fair pricewise and whatnot. Some people even let stuff go too cheap, myself as a prime example.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Outside of console launches, people are pretty good about being fair pricewise and whatnot. Some people even let stuff go too cheap, myself as a prime example.

Yeah, I've done more business in b/s/t thread this year than any retailer. Every single transaction went perfect, too. I even bought krae_man's Saturn!

jred2k

Yeah the BST thread is usually pretty dope. Saves me having to wait a couple months for prices to drop on shit I want. I've been watching that thread like a hawk lately waiting for the bottom to drop out on those ACIV nVidia codes. I might have to end up biting at $30.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah the BST thread is usually pretty dope. Saves me having to wait a couple months for prices to drop on shit I want. I've been watching that thread like a hawk lately waiting for the bottom to drop out on those ACIV nVidia codes. I might have to end up biting at $30.

I bit at $35, then realized it isn't out yet and got butthurt. :( Still!

I did grab BF4 last night from there for $40. My god, it's everything I hoped it'd be. I tried the 360 ver since it was in the house and shuddered.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RE: Naito vs Okada, Nakamura vs Tanahashi...

I think this is a kneejerk reaction to Naito's reception at Power Struggle. Not sure what they're going to do, but to be honest, Wrestle Kingdom 8 looks a little worse on paper than WK7. Still, it's going to be a phenomenal show, but it's tough to top NJPW's 2013. REALLY tough. God damn I love it.

I voted Nak/Tanahashi because...of reasons.

New japan tag league teams

A block

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Captain New Japan

Togi Makabe & Tomoaki Honma [GBH]

Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman [Muscle Orchestra]

Shinsuke Nakamura & Tomohiro Ishii

Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi [Impact Players]

Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. [K.E.S.] (IWGP Tag Champions)

Prince Devitt & Bad Luck Fale

B block

Testsuya Naito & La Sombra
Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima [TenCozy]
Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI

Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka

Minoru Suzuki & Shelton “X” Benjamin

Rob Conway & Jax Dane
"
The Machine Gun" Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If they go Fale/Makabe singles feud I couldn't be less interested. Makabe is great, especially at his age, but Fale...

I come to love togi makabe so much . Dude is impressive!

Also wrestle kind on 8 reminds me of wrestlemania 8 with this Maine event thing

Also Bronson how could you hate Los plantains

tumblr_mw2v9i6JXa1rm33iyo1_1280.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looking forward to WK8 though, for real. This is an event I -WILL- request off work from and stay up late for. This is our Wrestlemania!

What are you trying to say? You think a guy like Lunchbox NEEDS to make a profit? Ha! This is CHARITY.

Oh I see how it is now

WHAT WAS YOUR PRICE SUNNY

Is it Chikara related?

It is friend related. Take that for what you will. I'm only not saying what it is because it's super heresy (Third hand) and involves personal lives.

Also Bronson how could you hate Los plantains

tumblr_mw2v9i6JXa1rm33iyo1_1280.jpg

EASILY that shit has been around since like 2002, Goddamnit

GET NEW SHIT

Top Bottom