• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

jred2k

bean breath is the ghost of Konnan haunting us all. Whats that? Konnan's not dead?

This is a zombie if I've ever seen one:
konnan-500x350.jpg

Aww yeah new page.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Konnan is a good pick for a haunting. I hear "orale!" whispered in the WrassleGAF Titan Towers.

strobogo

Banned
Man, I'm trying to find XFL footage, entire games, and press conferences. :| Not having much luck, like when I looked for WBF footage.

EDIT: Stro, I think it'd be pretty fun if you reviewed the whole run of Wrestling Society X. It's not long and a lot of fun, I enjoyed it quite a bit.

I'm definitely going to have to take a break after I get through with WCW. It's really wearing on me and all these detours are just making me want to finish it even less. I just have to speed through it as fast as I can.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WSX was so good. Wrestlers coming to the ring...FROM UPSTAIRS. Wha?

We're haunted by the ghost of Lou Thesz. He pops up every so often to remind us that we damn kids wouldn't know proper wrestling if it bit us on our behinds, before picking the biggest freak on the forum and making him tap out like a bitch.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate going to lunch when people are mad at me. I'll never understand GAF. Mention that you have fired people, or are looking at your company's bottom line and you're a villain.

Kaladin

Time to start watching Dragon Gate USA again?

BREAKING NEWS: Chris Hero will wrestle at the DGUSA live iPPV from Brooklyn, NY this Sunday! Tickets & info at DGUSA.tv. Pre-order the live iPPV at WWNLive.com. We will have to re-book the card a little and will announce his opponent soon. He will be in a main event quality match!

Aiii

So not worth it
I hate going to lunch when people are mad at me. I'll never understand GAF. Mention that you have fired people, or are looking at your company's bottom line and you're a villain.

You do have a muscle and a Vince McMahon fetish. Not necessarily in that order. That's pretty villainous.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You do have a muscle and a Vince McMahon fetish. Not necessarily in that order. That's pretty villainous.

Is a man not entitled to the muscle on his frame? "No!" says the blue-collar worker. "It belongs to all of us!"

strobogo

Banned
Fucking poors. I'm sure if there was a muscle welfare system, they'd be all over it, just to take all your muscles, Sunny. It's not right!

somedevil

Here is the supposed Main Event for Raw in England tonight:

* The Shield vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in a handicap match is announced for tonight's main event.

somedevil

Oh, yeah, Raw is over here. Guess I'll check the spoilers.

Here is the rest so far:

* There's a loud "Cena sucks" chant before the show even starts.

* WWE Champion Randy Orton kicks off RAW and cuts a promo. He's interrupted by Brad Maddox, who wants Orton vs. Cody Rhodes tonight. Kane interrupts, tells Maddox to shut up and wants Orton vs. Goldust for tonight. Vickie Guerrero comes out and says she's going to do what's best for business - a handicap with Orton taking on Cody and Goldust.

* Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeat Randy Orton by count out when Big Show interferes and throws Orton through a table. Orton is unable to make it back in the ring.

* Santino Marella Los Matadores vs. 3MB is up next. 3MB come out in Union Jack ring attire to a positive reaction. Matadores and Santino get the win and El Torito gets involved after the match.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Curtis Axel will take place later tonight.

* Damien Sandow defeated Kofi Kingston.

* Randy Orton runs into an office backstage where Vickie Guerrero, Kane and Brad Maddox are. Orton is upset and complains about what Big Show did to him earlier.

* Curtis Axel vs. Dolph Ziggler is up next for the Intercontinental Title. Axel gets the win with his neckbreaker.

* The Shield vs. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan in a handicap match is announced for tonight's main event.

* Also announced Cena vs Real Americans

* Tamina def. Nikki Bella. Wins with help from AJ interference, but Brie cleans house afterwards. Apparently Tamina's splash was awful

* Backstage segment: Randy Orton yells at the Shield for not helping him earlier. Shield tell him that it's not his concern where they were.

I'm just a little confused by it still. It seemed like Ohno was turning things around and trying again, why now?

All pretaped RAW's are terrible, never progress any storylines, and are generally low effort.

Raw in England usually has a TV MOTY contender, which this sounds like it will deliver in SHIELD/Brunk

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just a little confused by it still. It seemed like Ohno was turning things around and trying again, why now?

If you have to go ahead and tell him to do something, it's too late. Charming that he tried but it's too late.

strobogo

Banned
legitshook.com

WCW Thunder 8/19/99

I guess I'm back to this shit.

Silver King vs Psychosis

We're in Western Texas for this show, so I expect a lot of luchadors on the card. Hypno is the face because of a pre show coin toss. They wrestled for a few minutes before Sid came out and powerbombed both of them. More Millennium Man stuff. He puts his name up with Jordan and Babe Ruth. He's gonna jizz in his pants when he reaches Goldberg's record.

iGOSHa4sKe1JW.gif

Al Greene vs Shane Douglas

Lol. Shane jumped from ECW to have matches against Al Greene. Shane easily wins. Why do refs not notice that his shoulders are on the mat when he does the pin after the Pittsburgh Plunge? He could be pinned every time if the refs were doing their jobs.

TO THE MEAN GENE. He welcomes Rick Steiner, who is again allowed to be TV Champion since Goldberg isn't around. The Revolution wants a piece of him. Since when? He's going to eat heads or something. Remember when Tank Abbott SWERVED Sting in that cage match with Rick Steiner? And then that angle was immediately dropped? Or when the Steiners were feuding with Sting and Goldberg, which became Steiners vs Sting and Lex Luger, which became Rick vs Sting, which was then dropped completely?

TO THE COACH.
We see a vignette for a new wrestling, Coach Buzz Stern. It's obviously Glacier, teaching some Power Plant guys that he's in charge.

Bobby Blaze/Adrian Byrd/Dave Burkhead vs Steve Regal/Dave Taylor/Chris Adams

Chris Adams isn't a very good replacement for Finlay. At all. I can't believe WCW was still using him this late into 1999. He really hadn't been known since 1986 or so. It's not like he was some famous guy by the late 90s. He wasn't on WCW in during the earlier part of the decade, nor was in he in the WWF or ECW. Sid and Rick Steiner came out to cause another DQ.

The Revolution come to the ring. Shane claims people are scared of them because fans know what's REAL. Saturn isn't going to bite Rick, but he is going to beat him. OUT WITH EVOLUTION, IN WITH THE REVOLUTION! That's a stupid catch phrase.

World premiere of the Rednecks' new video on Nitro!

Lenny vs Rey Mysterio Jr. WCW Cruiserweight Championship

Rey tell Lenny to tell his boyfriend to ride the Hershey Highway to the back. Classy. Rey gets really pissed over Lenny gyrating his hips. He appears to be quite homophobic. Not surprising, considering Konnan is his best bro and he can't cut a promo without making gay jokes. Rey did a taint buster, which made Lenny accidentally rub his ass on the ref, who sold it like he was the most disgusting thing to ever happen to him. Lodi came back out and ended up costing Rey the match. New champion! Rey should have lost the belt 3 months ago, but not to Lenny Lane.

ibrcWNC4sjcBog.gif

Horace/Scott Norton vs Harlem Heat WCW Tag Team Championships

They have a boring match. Sid didn't come out. Titles retained.

Berlyn video.

TO THE MEAN GENE. Jimmy Hart and the First Family are the guests. Remember when Knobs said he was going to be doing things on his own from now on, and then the next week was in the First Family? The First Family is going to take the tag titles from Harlem Heat. Knobs/Hugh vs Harlem Heat for the titles next week. Knobs said something about chicken wings.

Saturn vs Rick Steiner WCW TV Championship

Rick is just not an interesting singles worker and his attempt to be like Scott doesn't work. Sid came out and caused another DQ. Benoit came out and Sid ran off. He challenged them to a tag match next week on Thunder. What the fuck, TWO matches booked a week in advance for Thunder?

DQ Count: 3 out of 6 matches.

They're in West Texas and don't have the Rednecks? And they only booked one luchador match, which ended in a DQ because a giant white guy beat them up. And then the other luchador loses his title to a guy who has won all of 3 matches in a year and a half on TV.

strobogo

Banned
I never did like Rick Steiner solo.

That's because he was best in a tag team, as was Scott. Scott was better at everything, but he still was at his best in a tag team. Rick was terrible on the mic and couldn't pull off the crazy like Scott. He couldn't carry a singles match and was typically just an asshole in the ring who took liberties because he knew no one was going to fight back.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A shame Raw is taped tonight, would have been perfect for a GWF running against it.

Top Bottom