• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin' |OT| Survival Season Without The G

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's because he was best in a tag team, as was Scott. Scott was better at everything, but he still was at his best in a tag team. Rick was terrible on the mic and couldn't pull off the crazy like Scott. He couldn't carry a singles match and was typically just an asshole in the ring who took liberties because he knew no one was going to fight back.

Rick was mentally slow, right? I could have sworn someone confirmed it, much like poor John Kronus. Just asking - I was pretty sure he was.

Kaladin

That's because he was best in a tag team, as was Scott. Scott was better at everything, but he still was at his best in a tag team. Rick was terrible on the mic and couldn't pull off the crazy like Scott. He couldn't carry a singles match and was typically just an asshole in the ring who took liberties because he knew no one was going to fight back.

Best Steiner tag team?

Best Steiner tag team.

somedevil

More Spoilers:

(6) Fandango beat Tyson Kidd with a roll-up. Good match. It was set up via clip from "Total Divas," which showed Kidd getting jealous when Natalya trained with Fandango.

Cena's match vs. the Real Americans was next. Beforehand, Zeb Colter tried to heel on the crowd by insulting football and Mr. Bean. The crowd wasn't having it, though.

(7) WWE World Hvt. champion John Cena beat The Real Americans (Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro w/Zeb Colter) in a handicap match. Good match. Cena submitted Swagger with the STF. The crowd was split for Cena and loved Cesaro.

After the match, Del Rio attacked Cena with a chair to the arm until Big E. Langston made the save. Cena sold the injury on the way out.

This week on Main Event - A.J. Lee vs. Natalya for the Divas Title.

Backstage, Maddox and Co. talked to Del Rio, who told Big E. Langston to stay out of his way. But, Del Rio got hold to put his nose in Big E.'s business.

(8) R-Truth def. Ryback. Hah! Won with a roll-up after a missed meathook.

The crowd was really into Cesaro during his match.

somedevil

What happened to
The Shield vs Punk & Bryan
? Dark main event?

It happened. Here is the rest of the Raw spoilers:

* Alberto Del Rio defeated Big E Langston.

* CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield in a handicap match is up next. The lights go out and The Wyatt Family interrupt the match. They side with The Shield and it's 6 on 2 until The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust come out to make it 6 vs. 6. RAW ends with the babyfaces getting the upperhand

Also Smackdown rating:

WWE Smackdown on Friday, November 8 popped to a 2.08 rating, up nearly 10 percent from last week's 1.90 rating for John Cena's return to Smackdown.

It was the highest-rated Smackdown since a 2.11 rating on March 22 before WrestleMania 29.

Smackdown averaged 2.946 million viewers, up eight percent from last week. It was also the most viewers since Mar. 22.

What happened to
The Shield vs Punk & Bryan
? Dark main event?

Its on tv
- CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield (handicap match) ended in a no contest. During the match, the lights went out and when they turned back on – The Wyatt Family helping The Shield beat down CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. It was 6 on 2 until The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust come out to even the odds and clear the ring. The show ended with the babyfaces celebrating.

somedevil

Its on tv
- CM Punk and Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield (handicap match) ended in a no contest. During the match, the lights went out and when they turned back on – The Wyatt Family helping The Shield beat down CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. It was 6 on 2 until The Usos, Cody Rhodes and Goldust come out to even the odds and clear the ring. The show ended with the babyfaces celebrating.

Also:

also noted The Shield & The Wyatts came face to face before trying tot end off the baby-faces together

Interesting

Some sheeeetz news

Triple H doesn't want to sign Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards because they have "filled their quota on indie guys" and wants more "characters" and "big" guys otherwise they'd look like ROH with actual production values. It's a fair comment, without guys like Big Show and Ryback and Kane and Fandango, guys like Cesaro and Bryan wouldn't stand out.

Having said that, WWE is very interested in signing Prince Devitt. William Regal showed Triple H and others a video of PAC vs Devitt and everyone was impressed, which led to PAC being signed.

Sabucin

2013-11-11-corporate-kane.jpg

LOL

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So Kane was supposed to be in charge of Raw tonight yet
he only appears to be in the opening of the show telling Maddox to shut up? Wut

somedevil

So Kane was supposed to be in charge of Raw tonight yet
he only appears to be in the opening of the show telling Maddox to shut up? Wut

He appeared 3 times:

The opening. Randy Orton had a run-in with with Maddox, Kane, and Vickie backstage and Kane and Brad Maddox argued backstage, reminiscent of Kane's arguing bit with Daniel Bryan. Then, they made two matches - John Cena vs. Real Americans and C.M. Punk & Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield

Also, the final segment could lead to an awesome 6 vs 6 match that could easily take up an hour on the pay per view.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
He appeared 3 times:

The opening. Randy Orton had a run-in with with Maddox, Kane, and Vickie backstage and Kane and Brad Maddox argued backstage, reminiscent of Kane's arguing bit with Daniel Bryan. Then, they made two matches - John Cena vs. Real Americans and C.M. Punk & Daniel Bryan vs. The Shield

Also, the final segment could lead to an awesome 6 vs 6 match that could easily take up an hour on the pay per view.

That should seriously just be the match at Survivor Series.

So it's true that Chris hero was released? What the fuck? What happened? Was it the whole not putting in the work at the gym?

He'd started to turn his physique around, it was apparently more to do with his attitude. He had supposedly rubbed a few main roster members the wrong way. Also, Meltzer wrote a bit in the observer a few weeks ago about how WWE weren't looking for any more real established indie talents, as the belief was that they'd have to un-learn a lot of things and were more likely to have ego problems, which supposedly was based on their experiences with Hero and other WWE failures like Kaval.

- Luke Gallows is now a member of the Bullet Club group in New Japan Pro Wrestling. The stable includes IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt, the Young Bucks and "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. Gallows has combined his WWE and TNA names and is going by "Doc Gallows". He will team up with Anderson in the NJPW World Tag League that starts on November 23rd.

somedevil

He'd started to turn his physique around, it was apparently more to do with his attitude. He had supposedly rubbed a few main roster members the wrong way. Also, Meltzer wrote a bit in the observer a few weeks ago about how WWE weren't looking for any more real established indie talents, as the belief was that they'd have to un-learn a lot of things and were more likely to have ego problems, which supposedly was based on their experiences with Hero and other WWE failures like Kaval.

Seems like right now they are done with Indie talent after raiding it clean. All that is left is for them to decide yes or no to the American wolves and trying to pry away Devitt from New Japan.

After that its trying to find "big guys" and signing amauter wrestlers to mold themselves.

strobogo

Banned
Michael Elgin is as tall as D-Bryne and has a stupid mullet. And Cesaro does all of his spots better. There aren't big guys on the indies. Big guy means tall more than muscular. I'll be really happy if the Davey Richards blurb was true because I don't want him in NXT or WWE ever.

Michael Elgin is as tall as D-Bryne and has a stupid mullet. And Cesaro does all of his spots better. There aren't big guys on the indies. Big guy means tall more than muscular. I'll be really happy if the Davey Richards blurb was true because I don't want him in NXT or WWE ever.

Brian Cage
Michael Elgin
Davey Richards
Eddie Edwards
Adam Cole
Kevin Steen
Willie Mack
Young Bucks
Jimmy Jacobs
RD Evans
Mr. Touchdown
Joey Ryan

Sign them all. Best Roster NA.

strobogo

Banned
Brian Cage
Michael Elgin
Davey Richards
Eddie Edwards
Adam Cole
Kevin Steen
Willie Mack
Young Bucks
Jimmy Jacobs
RD Evans
Mr. Touchdown
Joey Ryan

Sign them all. Best Roster NA.

Michael Elgin: FAT
Davey Richards: SUCKS
Eddie Edwards: SUCKS
Adam Cole: SUCKS
Kevin Steen: FAT (but good)
Willie Mack: FAT (but good)
Young Bucks: CUNTS
Jimmy Jacobs: SUCKS
RD Evans: SUCKS
Mr. Touchdown: SUCKS
Joey Ryan: SUCKS

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
- Luke Gallows is now a member of the Bullet Club group in New Japan Pro Wrestling. The stable includes IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt, the Young Bucks and "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson. Gallows has combined his WWE and TNA names and is going by "Doc Gallows". He will team up with Anderson in the NJPW World Tag League that starts on November 23rd.

yes SIR.

Also:

also noted The Shield & The Wyatts came face to face before trying tot end off the baby-faces together

Interesting

The crowd was red hot for the first bit of this

As for the crowd they were hot at first but seems exhausted halfway through, quite smarky but copying other chants from
TV mainly, Michael Cole etc

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Upon the examination of the galaxies of space, images begin to appear. Images of strange and powerful forces. But of of all the forces in the universe the two most powerful HULK HOGAN and THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR. Prepare to EXPLODE! Champions versus champion, title for title! It's the ULTIMATE CHALLENGE! It's WRESTLEMANIA!

Oh and
tamina proper fucked up the splash on the boobie Bella, looked almost intentional to me as she landed her knees right on her

My advice for raw
fast forward

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's like Loser Central stable

Some of those are acquired tastes, but you are so ridiculously wrong about Cole and Touchdown. Cole is going to be something very special in a year or two, mark my words, while Touchdown had such a great 2012 and 2013, it's a shame that's been forgotten amidst the Chikara nonsense.

strobogo

Banned
I don't even know who Mr. Touchdown is, but he SUCKS. Cole is like a taller, lankier Davey Richards, which means he SUCKS.

legitshook.com

WCW Monday Nitro 8/23/99

Recap of last week's show. Sting vs Hogan for the title is the main event tonight. What are the odds of Sid and Steiner doing a run in? Also, KISS WILL PERFORM!

Mikey Whipwreck vs Chase Tatum

"They're real exited about something. I don't know what it is." Obviously not the match. Sid came out and pinned both men, with refs counting the pins and another holding up a sign for every win. See, he started doing this to get at Goldberg, but then he said he was doing it until Hogan gave him a title shot. Hogan gave him the title shot, so he's back to doing this to piss Goldberg off.

ihLyCXXTACrhD.gif

TO THE BACK. Kidman and Kim talk about some misunderstanding that DDP had over the two of them. Goldberg arrives to see DDP beating someone up or something. Apparently it was Kidman who was getting beat up. Did those things air out of order? Goldberg was held back by security.

The Jersey Triad come to the ring. DDP talks about Kidman coming out and saying stuff about his wife. I'm so confused. Either something wasn't aired, was aired out of order, or was cut out of this tape. DDP vs Goldberg tonight and he's going to blow the roof off Goldberg. What does that mean?

Sting comes to the ring. He starts by speaking in carny. Remember Kizarny? I can't believe Vince even considered that character. Sting talks about Hogan for a bit before Lex Luger comes out. Lex says that Sting is the true back bone and franchise of WCW, but he's got a bad feeling about Hogan. He's the only guy so far to have doubts about Hogan and for the first time in my life, I'm agreeing with Lex Luger about something. Sting doesn't see any problem with Hulk. Of course not. This is the same guy who trusted RIC FLAIR not to SWERVE him after 6 years of feuding with him.

iuX8OZupSbLQ.gif

TO THE BACK. Tenay caught up with Eric Bischoff about the rumors that Bischoff may be put back in charge of WCW. Bischoff was driving a black Hummer. Eric denied the rumors and made fun of the internet.

The Cat vs Buff Bagwell

Cat has defeated everyone in the locker room, so he wants to beat Buff again. Buff won their last match, but he's been left laying after pretty much every confrontation they've had, so I can buy Cat thinking he's defeated Buff. As Sonny got involved, Lex Luger came back out to chase him away. Buff hit the Blockbuster, which the cameras completely missed, and Buff wins.

Berlyn video.

DJ Ran throws to the Nitro Girls, who dance out of sync and awkwardly.

DDP vs Goldberg

Bam Bam attacked Goldberg during his entrance. He ran to the ring anyway. He killed Kanyon with a spear, also speared Bam Bam, and DDP ran away. I think Goldberg technically won via DQ. I'm counting it as one. Goldberg challenges DDP (and maybe the whole Triad) to a match next week in New York.

iCNR4WiabTe3R.gif

World premiere of the new West Texas Rednecks' music video. Really weird editing where the line says something about loving long legged girls who know how to love and immediately showing a baby waving.

TO THE NITRO PARTY. A obviously produced Nitro party which was hosted by Tony Mamaluke before he was known as that, and it also featured a young Cody Rhodes in a singlet and lucha mask.

Juventud Guerrera vs Lenny WCW Cruiserweight Championship

They're really going with the brothers angle, which makes it so much weirder than just boyfriends. Lenny tried to fuck Juvi. I'd think that would make Lodi mad, but it didn't. Cheap gay heat is probably my least favorite kind of cheap heat in wrestling. At least with Goldust, he was creepy about it. Lenny just twirls his hair and skips. Sid came out to cause yet another DQ. Sting, Goldberg, and Hogan won't be around anymore. Only Sid in the year 2000. He actually wasn't far off with that prediction.

iblcHiIEqeD4ay.gif

The West Texas Rednecks perform. Perfect makes fun of all the bands WCW keeps booking. Why do we have to hear the full song from the video and then have them "perform" it on the same show?

Nitro Girls awkwardly dance.

Hugh Morrus/Brian Knobs/Barbarian vs Saturn/Dean Malenko/Shane Douglas

Hugh looks fucking stupid. His goatee goes up almost to his eye balls, he has frosted tips, and a full singlet that is half purple. You aren't getting me to watch Brian Knobs have matches, WCW. I'm not falling for that. Rick Steiner hit the ring and hit the bulldog on Saturn, giving the First Family the win. Never mind that he walked RIGHT IN FRONT of the ref, with there being no possible way that the ref didn't both see him and make eye contact with him, yet still counted the pin. Benoit came out and said Steiner would have to swallow whatever he dishes out. The Lenny/Lodi segment was earlier. I guess we're going to see Benoit/Steiner for the US Championship later.

ICP vs Rey Mysterio Jr./Kidman

I can not believe ICP are working regular matches on Nitro and PPVs. What the fuck. And weirdly, ICP could dominate Rey and Eddie at Road Wild, and PE on Nitro, but can barely handle Rey and Kidman. Make up your mind on how you're going to book them. Either they are jokes in the ring or they aren't. They can't be both. Vamp tried to interfere, but accidentally cost ICP the match. Eddie ran out for a save after the match. I guess Kidman recovered from his DDP beat down. I'm still confused about that. Did Kidman say something in an online interview that they decided to make into a story line even though no one had seen or heard the interview?

TO THE MEAN BROTHERJACKDUDE. American Made is even cheesier than Real American. He talks about lines, destiny, and Nitro Nick. He promised to never SWERVE Nick, his sister, or his mother.

Rick Steiner vs Chris Benoit WCW US Championship

Fucking Rick Steiner. I don't want to watch him unless Scott is out there with him and they're beating up jobbers. In 1991. Rick pulled the ref in the way of a diving headbutt. Saturn came out, but Sid also came out and it ended with no finish, but I'm counting it as a DQ since Rick intentionally tried to injure the ref. Benoit is sick of Kliqs and politics and challenges Sid/Rick to a tag match on Thunder. Which was already booked on Thunder. Was Smackdown about to start up as a regular show and that's why they were actually booking stuff ahead of time for Thunder? And did Nash really think that Sid/Steiner vs Benoit/Saturn was going to out draw whatever Vince was putting out (which I believe was Rock vs HHH)? Sid said "If you want to be a big man, you've got to wear the big boots!".

Harlem Heat vs Barry Windham/Kendall Windham WCW Tag Team Championships

Brothers, brothers everywhere. Damn it, Barry, why are you wearing such a tiny shirt? Why don't you wear one that fits and tuck it in to you trunks instead of wearing a shirt that the Blue Meanie would wear? Curt got involved and the ref HAD to have seen it, but didn't seem to care. Book hit the missile dropkick and Curt got involved again, hitting Booker with a cowbell. New champions!

Vampiro vs Eddie Guerrero

Eddie still acts like a heel coming out, even though he's clearly a face now. It would make things a lot easier for me if Sid interfered at the start of every match. The should could be 10 minutes long and would just be entrances and powerbombs. ICP came out. Eddie slipped off the top rope trying to dive on them. He also slipped on the apron before he went up top. Eddie and Skinny Clown conked heads and Vamp won. Kidman and Rey were quickly out to prevent a beat down.

icen6v23pJZLb.gif

Nitro Girls dance.

Hulk Hogan vs Sting WCW Championship

This means that KISS will be main eventing Nitro this week. This should be a pretty huge match, but instead it is a Nitro match with a week of build. I wouldn't at all be surprised for Goldberg vs Hogan to be on next week's show out of the blue. They have a pretty straight and even match for a while. Far more competitive than any of the previous Hogan/Sting matches. Sid and Rick Steiner hit the ring, causing a DQ. No way! Goldberg came in to run them off, as did Lex Luger.

KISS performs. Tony got to introduce them and nearly came. They play God of Thunder. It was one of the first songs I learned to play when I started with guitar. The actual first song I learned was Come As You Are. During the song, stage hands brought a giant coffin onto the stage, which started to open before they were ready. Inside was Crush in Gene Simmons make up. WE'RE OUTTA TIME!

ib257i1zxHxAWm.gif

DQ Count:
5 out of 10 matches. No clean finishes. The closest was Buff/Cat, but had Sonny Onoo and Lex involved, so I'm not sure it should count.

Another shit show. They hyped one match and of course it ended in DQ. They had another musical performance, and then a comedy musical performance just for fun. ICP in competitive matches with real wrestlers. DDP/Goldberg gets the fans hyped up, then never really starts. Hulk Hogan, the WCW Champion, really has no feud now since Sid is the top heel but is building for a match with Goldberg and no one else. I suppose Sid is tangentially feuding with Hogan, Sting, Goldberg, and the Revolution, but it's really all related to Goldberg. The same Goldberg who is back to showing up at the end of the show to run someone off.

o.gif

It's like Loser Central stable

tumblr_mmcvmeJEnf1qhjbxeo10_250.gif

Joey Ryan fucking sucks and has no charisma. I'm basing this off of TNA because if you can't make it big there, then you might as well retire.

l_zps00bc840c.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Don't worry Stro, all these musical acts are just a build up for the inevitable ULTIMATE CHALLENGE, Swoll versus the Demon!

More Spoilers:

(6) Fandango beat Tyson Kidd with a roll-up. Good match. It was set up via clip from "Total Divas," which showed Kidd getting jealous when Natalya trained with Fandango.

Cena's match vs. the Real Americans was next. Beforehand, Zeb Colter tried to heel on the crowd by insulting football and Mr. Bean. The crowd wasn't having it, though.

(7) WWE World Hvt. champion John Cena beat The Real Americans (Jack Swagger & Antonio Cesaro w/Zeb Colter) in a handicap match. Good match. Cena submitted Swagger with the STF. The crowd was split for Cena and loved Cesaro.

After the match, Del Rio attacked Cena with a chair to the arm until Big E. Langston made the save. Cena sold the injury on the way out.

This week on Main Event - A.J. Lee vs. Natalya for the Divas Title.

Backstage, Maddox and Co. talked to Del Rio, who told Big E. Langston to stay out of his way. But, Del Rio got hold to put his nose in Big E.'s business.

(8) R-Truth def. Ryback. Hah! Won with a roll-up after a missed meathook.

The crowd was really into Cesaro during his match.
0557_l9rxf.gif

I don't even know who Mr. Touchdown is, but he SUCKS. Cole is like a taller, lankier Davey Richards, which means he SUCKS.

Cole's nothing like Davey...you sure you aren't confusing him with O'Reilly? He's Cole's tag partner and Davey's student and very much in the same vein as Richards.

Top Bottom