• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2012 [Up 3: Kingdoms Of Amalur, Syndicate, Asura]

Yeah I got the FEB thing... but... are you seriously counting that?
I mean, I know thisisneogafdude.gif and everything, but still... it sounds farfetched to count more than 4 days of Vita sales.

I suspect RE Revelations had a problem with stock that may have affected sales. The second shipment was awfully slow after the first shipment was mostly recalled due to the spine typo.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I called it irrelevant because you're essentially saying that, by pushing their holiday lineup hard, Nintendo doomed Resident Evil, which I think is a pretty narrow view. RER will likely have strong legs, as word-of-mouth spreads.

Kid Icarus will, indeed, be interesting to watch, sales-wise.

I'm saying Nintendo contributed to the problem, but it's also just an issue of M-rated games on Nintendo handhelds. I'm not sure that market will ever meaningfully exist.

fernoca

Yep. As awesome as Resident Evil Revelations is; many will see it as a spin-off; solely because:
-It's on a handheld
-It's not a numbered game

And unlike Nintendo and they alternating Mario Kart between handhelds and consoles (hence MK7 is on the 3DS); Capcom doesn't have a good track record on handheld games like that as the only Resident Evil games on handhelds has been: spinoffs like Gaiden on the GB Color, the 4-iOS game and the port of #1 on the DS.

If they followed that DS port with sequels,/more ports they could've built some kind of fanbase around it. But here; it was more about luck than anything. Which I applaud, but i just hope they never had this huge expectations; since this is technically their start-point. Hope they use Revelations to build a fanbase on the 3DS and handhelds instead of their usual "tests".

Metallix87

I'm saying Nintendo contributed to the problem, but it's also just an issue of M-rated games on Nintendo handhelds. I'm not sure that market will ever meaningfully exist.

In that case, I'd say you may be right. I'm hoping Revelations keeps selling over time and builds an audience for M rated games on the 3DS, but right now, it's looking to be a niche audience on the platform.

thats shipped worldwide, its pretty likely that revelaitions has SOLD noticably more than that so far
That's what I'm thinking, but we don't have real numbers to back it up, except for 250k in Japan alone.

What we know about Mercenaries:

- Mercenaries launch on June 2 (JP), June 28 (US) and July 1 (EU).
- 400k shipped worldwide as of June 30.

If Mercenaries can pull those numbers, then I would hope that Revelations is doing at least a little better than that.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Aww man. Resident Evil Revelations is so good! It's a shame it seems Capcom's priority is Operation Raccoon City. Most of their marketing seems geared to that.

Goes to show you what the difference getting marketing support from Nintendo does for you. SSF4 did much better and RER has a higher install base and a much bigger budget in an arguably more popular franchise.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I think that's a good figure for Twisted Metal. Obviously it isn't blow-the-doors-off amazing, but it's about 4 times what Warhawk debuted with. Although TM has a single player mode, I think that it's a pretty good figure for a mid-tier multiplayer-focused franchise. It should be enough to sustain a community. Good job to the team and to Sony, because I think this is about the best case sort of scenario that you can have for a mid-tier franchise. Comparable, as well, to Heavy Rain's first month sales amongst current-gen SCE stuff.

Before the news of Eat Sleep Play working on smaller games came about, there was a lot of talk about it being one of the more cherished Sony-published franchises. Relatively speaking, it's in the ballpark of Killzone 2, Resistance 3, and Infamous opening months from what I recall. Only Uncharted 2/3 and GT 5 were significantly more popular opening month in the US this generation.

You forgot God of War 3.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Damn Revelations :(

Hopefully the commercials grouping it with Mario Kart and 3D Land will help boost sells...

SykoTech

No new 3ds game pass 100k.

Woah. Revelaitons mega bomba. I know I said the audience wasn't there, but damn!

And whether or not Revelaitons is a spin-off is pretty irrevelant. Operation Raccon City is a spinoff, but it will perform several times better than this.

Top Bottom