• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for July 2007

Cubsfan23

Banned
WingM@n said:
I wonder how the X360 sales will increase after Bioshock's release, and september and october's numbers(halo 3 released) . It can only go up the next 3 months.

August will be over 300k

September will be over a million, quote me on that.

segarr

Ramenman said:
Wow, that's harsh. I didn't expect the "I'm quitting gaming" before at least page 20.

This is a new age of gaming....let forum etiquette "evolve" with the hardware and games.

:D

Odysseus

Banned
WingM@n said:
I wonder how the X360 sales will increase after Bioshock's release, and september and october's numbers(halo 3 released) . It can only go up the next 3 months.

my unofficial forecast for the remainder of the year's 360 sales is

aug 300k
sep 350k
oct 250k
nov 600k
dec 1200k

subject to change after august npd. i think august will be the weekly average peak until black friday, and then november and december will get the requisite holiday boosts. the fly in the ointment is the halo 360 sku. it may or may not be a factor.

I hope this is enough to stop certain people from using Amazon rankings as some sort of rock solid sales gospel in the future. I mean it got kind of annoying how often some people wanted to point out the PS3 was #1 on Amazon.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
wow. didn't think we'd see Wii outsell the DS for a long time. incredible sales for Nintendo.

Rhindle

My take:

The Wii numbers aren't really surprising. Nintendo upped their shipments significantly, and we started to see Wiis sitting on shelves for at least brief periods of time. Sales are still entirely supply driven, but we may be getting a bit closer to the saturation point.

PS3 sales came in about where most people expected. August numbers will tell whether the system can be taken off life support.

360 sales are the only real surprise. The fact that sales held up and even increased in the face of the price cut leak, bad publicity etc. bodes well.

The thing to watch next month is PS2 sales. I suspect the main impact of wider Wii availability will be on PS2 sales.

laserbeam

Banned
Based on what we heard about Europe and with japans sales and the NPD. For July Wii sold roughly 261,250 units a week Worldwide

FrankT

Odysseus said:

aug 300k
sep 350k
oct 250k
nov 600k
dec 1200k

subject to change after august npd. i think august will be the weekly average peak until black friday, and then november and december will get the requisite holiday boosts. the fly in the ointment is the halo 360 sku. it may or may not be a factor.

December will be much, much higher. Considering the 360 did almost that much last Christmas at the higher price points, throw in the holiday bundles, massive retailer discounts, it's going to be higher.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
FitzOfRage said:
I hope this is enough to stop certain people from using Amazon rankings as some sort of rock solid sales gospel in the future. I mean it got kind of annoying how often some people wanted to point out the PS3 was #1 on Amazon.

I hope no one ever actually took Amazon seriously. At least not here.

Things this NPD can confirm:

1: Amazon to track sales = :lol
2: If you still think the Wii is a fad, sorry you need a reality check.
3: If trends continue like this, then this is just the beginning of Wiidomination.
4: PS3forums at melting point.
5: Price isn't just the only factor hampering PS3 sales.
6: Holidays is going to be sheer bloodbath.

What else did I miss...

Odysseus

Banned
Jtyettis said:
December will be much, much higher. Considering the 360 did almost that much last Christmas at the higher price points, throw in the holiday bundles, massive retailer discounts, it's going to be higher.

360 had holiday bundles and discounts last year at the retail level. $100 gift cards, anyone?

360 has been trailing last year's pace since march, although the price drop will certainly change that. i'm predicting 2.7 million for the last five months, which is certainly not insignificant for a $350 console.

Sypher

Banned
sp0rsk said:

This has probably been brought up a million times, but doesnt NPD not count Wal-Mart and Online retailers? Does anyone?

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
sp0rsk said:

The only value I think they might have is in giving some general indications of how a software title will do, just in terms of showing a rough trend. (as in, I predicted Godfather Wii would bomb and that Tiger Woods Wii would do well, largely based on amazon.com movement).

FrankT

Odysseus said:
360 had holiday bundles and discounts last year at the retail level. $100 gift cards, anyone?

360 has been trailing last year's pace since march, although the price drop will certainly change that. i'm predicting 2.7 million for the last five months, which is certainly not insignificant for a $350 console.

Exactly why I said massive retailer discounts.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
sypher said:
This has probably been brought up a million times, but doesnt NPD not count Wal-Mart and Online retailers? Does anyone?

They estimate wal-mart numbers.

Comparison graph-age.
Wii continues to be the fastest selling US console!
1218017054_3cfb98a995_o.png

AniHawk

It's looking like the Wii will get close to 5m before we get to November. The 360 should be somewhere between 5.5m and 6m at that point.

WingM@n

Odysseus said:

aug 300k
sep 350k
oct 250k
nov 600k
dec 1200k
Why oct only 250k? Halo 3 releases September 25 , the console sales boost will be in October.

Gallagher

Banned
Mario Galaxy (Systemseller) <-- Christmas 2007
Smash Brothers Brawl (Systemseller) <-- Christmas 2007
Metroid Prime 3 <-- Christmas 2007
Endless Ocean <-- Christmas 2007

Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers (Systemseller)
No More Heroes
Zack & Wiki
Tales of Symphonia 2: Knights of Ratatosk (could be a Systemseller)
WiiFit (SYSTEMSELLER)
A new beginning *Adventure*
Animal Crossing (Systemseller)
Battalion Wars 2
Bully: Scholarchip Edition
Chocobo Mystery Dunegon (Japan Systemseller)
Dance Dance Revolution: Hottest Party (Systemseller)
Dewys Adventure
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Dragon Quest Swords (Japan Systemseller)
Fire Emblem 10: Goddess of Dawn (Systemseller)
Secret Files Tunguska
Secret Files 2
Geometry Wars Galaxy
Guitar Hero 3
Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace
Kings Story (possible Systemseller)
Manhunt 2
Mario Kart Wii
MySims (potential for a systemseller at last in japan)
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen! EX
Nights:Journey of Dreams
Obscure 2
One Piece Unlimited Adventure
Rockband
Red Steel 2
Rockstar table Tennis
Sam & Max 2
Soul Calibur Legends
Super Paper Mario (Systemseller)
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Trauma Center: New Blood (maybe Systemseller)
Wii Music (Systemseller)

Christma will be rocking everything on wiimageddon

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Uncooked said:
So PS3 isn't selling well because people are stupid?

I never said people were stupid, I'm just saying the PS3 is most certainly a HD system through and through. You cant say the PS3 is doomed when HDTVs etc haven't even seen full market penetration as of yet.

Top Bottom