• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2015 [Up2: Batman, Splatoon]

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Throw it on the pile, it's all shovelware.

61vgyWJwfbL.jpg

I got this for Christmas one year. Why???

I wont lie....that title looks like something I would expect to see on mobile....

In particular in the west, 3DS probably constitutes the general Nintendo fanbase that's still left.

Problem with the WiiU is, it doesn't even cater to standard Nintendo fans. The library is completely unexciting to anyone who already had an original Wii or 3DS, there's barely any unique or ambitious content, plus for the first time literally no 3rd party support. And it's expensive, because of a gimmick they've clearly put no more than two minutes of thought into.

In fact, the two WiiU titles in the OP are the only relative success stories of the console right now because they are the only ones that aren't the most generic rehashes from the Wii/3DS libraries (plus not niche like Bayonetta), but clearly experiences you can only get on WiiU - even if it only comes from great new graphics in MK8, but that's already more than what most WiiU content offered up until now. So, a console with only 2 titles to write home about after two and a half years really isn't showing how small the Nintendo audience is, but just that WiiU is a bad machine that already sold more than it ever deserved.

I'm trying to find lies in your post and am failing to do so

The funny part is that Lego Musou would probably be one the more explicitly violent musou games in a lot of ways, since you'd likely be seeing disassembled Lego-men parts flying all over the place.

Well that depends. What platforms do you have? And do you like any of the IP that Musou has currently crossed over with? (Zelda and Gundam for example?)

I literally have every platform. I've never finished a Zelda game and don't really know what Gundam is.

Not a shocker, knew the Batman bundle would move a good amount of units. There's been some great deals for both consoles this month, healthy month it seems.

Ah both consoles had batman.

Both had bundles as well, though the Xbox bundle was only for a week.

Ah, thanks for the heads up

Fat4all

Banned
Is a Man not entitled to defend Nintendogs without getting avatar quoted?!?

And don't even bring up the inferior +Cats, the cats had way less animations!

So disappointing...

I can't believe Splatoon charted so high. Even after 25 years of gaming Nintendo still surprises me.

Dem Squid Legs.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
And there's still Yo-kai Watch in 2016. Get used to it.

But the sales outside of Feb & March (new 3DS XL launch) were all really bad though.... I'm pretty convinced it's going to be down possibly significantly YoY by the end.

Mario Kart 8 has achieved >50% attach rate in the USA and ~53% attach rate worldwide.
Kind of insane... Think it can break 3M US? Or is that impossible considering Wii U hardware sales #s?

Fat4all

Banned
True, but it's multimedia franchise, it will take a while for it to take off.

If NoA plays their cards right, YW could be a big hit in NA, and they have lots of other products and games to back it up with.

Then again, I don't have the biggest amount of faith in NoA.

The Xbox actually sold 23% more units LTD than the Gamecube in the US

Right, I was just trying to say that both were relatively more popular in the US than they were in other parts of the world. If you didn't pay any attention to sales data, one could excuse someone who was raised in America for thinking that the Gamecube and Xbox were decently successful products.

Who even bought the Gamecube? It was OK for a 2nd console (TTYD will be in my heart forever), but there wasn't that much of an audience to begin with.

I bought 2 for some of my kids. I would have bought 4, but the other girls weren't into videogames much. They didn't become attached to Nintendo at all. They both fixated on my PS2 RPGs instead.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Right, I was just trying to say that both were relatively more popular in the US than they were in other parts of the world. If you didn't pay any attention to sales data, one could excuse someone who was raised in America for thinking that the Gamecube and Xbox were decently successful products.

Yup.

The Xbox's USA sales accounted for around 60% of the worldwide total and the Gamecube's USA sales accounted for around 54% of total worldwide sales.

With the PlayStation 2, sales in the US accounted for around 30% of worldwide sales.

All percentage values are estimated and rounded.

Top Bottom